/ng/ Nioh General

monkey is a cuck edition

The Return, final DLC is launching soon lads. Bloodshed's end is up on EU.
New difficulty mode: The way of the Nioh - level limits of player, guardian spirit etc. raised
Abyss mode available after beating the main story. What might be a new level of item rarity, 常世の品(literally "items of eternity") their ability is unknown until you leave.
The farther you progress into the abyss, the higher the drop rate becomes for them.
There will be a way to change items into 常世の品 and to raise their levels.
2 visitors can only be summoned in abyss mode.
new spirits, satyrid(type of butterfly/moth), and nine tail fox
new weapon(s), tool(s) - no details were written
new transformations - Maria and Hideyori Toyotomi
New trophies and titles
New armor with set bonuses

To help some that don't understand for some things that got from translation:
The new Difficulty will be called from what seems "Way of the Nioh".
There will be increase in the players level cap aswell and level increase in Guardian Spirits.
There seems to be a change in the in the attacks with times 2(evasion attack/ dash attack x2) and be changed to consecutive attacks that applies after the second hit= wait for better explanation the official relealse notes
Revision/change is some clans:
Saito Naoe Mori top Saika Ukita Murakami Torii Fuma Mori
and probably Todo
Access to the new DLC will have only those that have "Defiant Honor" DLC
Requirements for Demon and Wise to be able to unlock regions seems to be relaxed
Will be something like gold and some items for players that have unlocked up to Way of the Strong as compansation= wait for english release
Soulmatching cost between items of the same level cost or with items of different level relaxed
value on gear will be changed in Demon and Wise and aswell the level cap for spirits and player = wait for english release
Will be added new slots "4" it seems from the blacksmith (maybe I am wrong)
New Skins Maria and Toyotomi Hideyuki
2 new GS
(Not sure about these) Seems to be new Grace set or new aliement effects stat that is only for Grace set, one of the two
New samurai skills, omnyo, ninjitsu
New gesture and consumambles
3 new bosses
3 Way co-op only for Abyss mode
Also seems to be a mission where we fight the NG character as many guessed
Whetstone and Nikawa Glue another effect seems to be added when used, whestone removes nullify weapon and Nikawa glue weaken armor
there also some quality of life changes and many bugs fixed, hope I helped with some stuff, wait the official transilation to better understand.

>null status onmyo
Holy fucking shit where was that thing earlier, finally i have a giant fuck you to all these red kappas, umbrellas, hino and other stupid shit

seems only useful for early game though

enemies get their own buffs in WoTD and above that you cant remove and they hurt like a bitch

4th for buying extra shortcuts with favors from Tome

>you cant remove
you now can temporarily

I wish I hadn't bought them. Now it takes too much time to go through all four sets during a fight.

mfw it just made things harder to shuffle through

and then I stuck to 2 shortcuts

You can specify how many you want in the options.

Oh. Thanks.

a few things when entering Battle of Skill PVP: your gear/items is mostly determined by your main weapon and guardian sprit, 2nd weapon will be a weaker version then the main
secondly really learn how to Ki pulse and switch stances while doing actions depending on the situation
thirdly, in the movelist where it discribes the move and above the command there are two icons that indicate two crossing swords (pvp only stuff) that indicate the move destroys super armor
and I havent really have had a solid enough time with most weapons so feel free to add tips

Katana: a solid defensive weapon with its many parries can be frightning, might be bad if laggy, heavy stance is a solid option to super armor through weaker attacks while morning moon can combo into a down attack, I havent really messed with Iai moves but the normal powered up one can do massive damage on follow up with a solid headshot or knock down
Dual Katana: More offensive then defensive then the Normal Katana moveset, using God of wind for pressure, Wind storm can make people back off and just like the Katana can knock down people with Cherry blossom, Sign of the cross can be used to follow up moves to add pressure or deal massive damage by using it as spacing
Spear: Ultimate Range, and with hard pressure using spear shove to make people back off knowing there are follow ups after that can deal damage, use tornado or high stance to super armor through people, and just like the above, spearfall can knock down people pretty quickly for a down stab follow up, spear stance change to apply pressure after a solid hit body swap for a quick follow up on their backs, and wild spear to stop lighter gear in their tracks

Axe: High Stance Axe is the game, NEVER EVER EVER EVER trade with an axe, use lumber chop to back people off and follow up with a roll attack, Titanic strength to trade with on mid stance, Earth carver to trade on Low stance, Axe is mostly a trading weapon and people mainly use it as a sub "main" weapon to have access to heavy armor and life seal
Kusarigama: ever since the blade spin nerf, no one has ever bothered to do SCIENCE with the rest of the moveset so I have nothing on it
Odachi: my Main, KT has been bonkers buffing the speed of all its triangle attacks, so its good at spacing with mid stance triangle, good at applying chasing pressure with running mid stance attack, this create a combo stick and provide access to the other stances depending on where you feel you'll need to after finishing a combo
Ground quake can instantly knock down a person not super armoring the heaviest attacks for a down attack follow up
Twin moons will knock people out of their super armor retaliation
even if Charging bull does not activate, it can still knock of a chunk of Ki pretty quicklyw
Cuckoo's call is not as strong as other defensive moves, but rather more offensive, think of it more of as a quick block with retaliation as it has high break properties
Devistating rush can also be used to chase people backing off from you

Tonfa:Sadly pretty weak in pvp, as it seems its built for pressure (pvp main weapons only get one mod, and tonfa gets a buff to grapple moves) but cannot apply it really well, it could be fixed if demon dance ADVANCED like a boxer's weaving but sadly its not the case

New save, odachi or spear lads?

odachi

both

why would you need a new save unless you're highly autistic about 2 stat points

humor me

>No new weapon in the DLC
>The only Stam scaling weapon is the Hand Cannon
Well, there goes my Stamina build. My perfect Hand Cannon is now useless. Luckily manuals are cheap

axe.

you can respec your stats and reputation points at any time

are they gonna release the complete version?
also do i need to know any of japanese mythology or any terminology to understand what's going on in nioh?

Yeah, in particular you need to know about Japanese history if you want to understand what's going on.
That said, the story of the main game is pretty mediocre.

>the complete version
Deluxe edition

Was it really that hard to make twilights count for mission specific trophies as well

>The adventure is over, ended with William and Yukimura doing a coup de grace on the Nine Tails to save Japan.
>Saved Hanzo as we intended and Maria fucked off to Spain.
>Saved the spiritfu earlier, chilled with Byakko and bro'd it up with Muneshige, the Date bros. and never dropped by smile the entire time.
>All Kodama are back home.
>William and Hanzo will watch over Japan and ruin Yokai wherever they appear until Hanzo dies.
>The Hanzo tells us first that dawn is breaking and last that dusk is falling.
I don't know about you lot, but I am pretty fucking satisfied.

I'd laugh if Okatsu wasn't mentioned because she went to England in search of William.

>I'd laugh if Okatsu wasn't mentioned because she went to England in search of William.
EMI TAKEI IS TOO EXPENSIVE

>EMI TAKEI IS TOO EXPENSIVE
I know, but that's no reason Hanzo couldn't mention her in passing.

Basically its one of the Jap revolutions. I checked it on Wikipedia and got the general idea after I played the main campaign, but the story does it pretty well. If you can keep up with the large amount of Jap names, the story holds itself.
Also take a shot every time Wirriam steps forward in a menacing way/backward in a shocked way. Makes the game infinitely better

hes too busy trying not to melt in front of wirriam sama

You fucking nigs how do I make a good living weapon build? I'm stuck on way of the semen

We need more spaghetti Hanzo.

stack ccd (crit)
get into critical life
trigger living weapon

there's your build

>2nd kill
>got the armor text too

Neat. I wasn't even looking for it I just wanted the hair reward.

>hair reward
what

I was really satisfied until Maria's end was literally *teleports away* for the third time. I would have liked a 1v1 to the death outside the buring down castle to symbolise Wirriam coming fuill circle and defeating all that he set out to do, eradicating all the spirit stone shit. Perhaps we will get a squeal during the final Jap revolution (Meji era/Satsuma Rebellion), with the last battle of the Samurai ending it. Don't forget Wirriam is immortal and Maria could easily use the stones to extend that time bar a bit
Bar that I'm very happy. The fox fight was pretty fucking good, still of decent difficulty on WotSam. Now time to ruin that satisfaction on WotN/The Abyss

Has anybody managed to upgrade a forged armor piece to ethereal through the abyss? Did it reset the stat requirements or did they stay halved?

I think people overrate how necessary knowledge of the events actually is. It explains what's going on by itself and what's going on is meant to be the backdrop for your adventure. That said, knowing about such things and catching all the references and stuff about the times makes it really enjoyable.

>Dual swords now can solo Discord an enemy with the new weapon perk where each of the blades gets a different element
Looks like Shiranuifags might have something to look out for finally

I bought the game two weeks ago and finished my first playthrough yesterday, including all three dlcs.

All I can do is backwave and execute humanoid enemies run around circles for non humanoid bosses because I cannot do the same thing.

I want to rape my way through until I reach way of the wise difficulty if possible. Can any kind user suggest me a build to accomplish this?

Is light armor / A tier agility viable on WotD and above? Every video has people memeing it up in heavy armor.

>when the new music for the second to last DLC level kicks in

Past a certain point you're going to get killed in 1-3 hits anyway, so you might as well wear whatever the fuck you like. Damage output matters more than defence once you get balls deep into WotD and beyond.

Sure it's viable. If you get hit you die. Good practice for WotN because random enemies oneshot you through Tatenashi anyway.

Spear is pretty great, it has a great moveset and some reliable killing moves for if you don't want to risk it. Respeccing into Body also combos well with the Tonfa, which are great little thing for solo targetting an enemy and destorying Ki. Both feel very good to use.

Depends. Minmaxing an armour build can make you tank quite a few hits even at WotW, as well as comboing well with Axe/Odachi builds. Generally speaking however, you can easily skip on the amour side, but you miss out on some of the heavy set bonuses (for example there's a Dragon set which gives 1600 more health when you have all the pieces, its pretty fucking nice)

Who here /onlyheavyandlowattacks/? Middle seems almost useless to me

I play parry 1kat so I virtually never leave mid-stance.

Some weapons have decent Mid for utility, for example Spear gets a vertical cut quick attack and a Thrust heavy attack. Mid stance is also great for dumping all your parry skills just in case

>monkey is a cuck edition
It's obvious he's infertile and Hideyori someone else's kid.

How important is the stance switching on odachi? Given it's mentioned in the wepaon description it seems like it'd be good, but I'm wary incase it's just another one of those gimmicks that turns out to be a lot of effort for no actual major gain.
t. Noob who picked odachi

>ah wirriam-sama, you remaindo me of dead waifu
stop hitting on me you doge-spamming nip asshole

>can respec with a reincarnation
It works out in the long run. It's not spammable, but when you get the hang of it you got a heavy weapon at the moving at the speed of a mid weapon

>waifu died and we get told via dialogue, then text
Kind of a shame, I thought they had good synergy with Wirriam

What. Damn it all, and here I am with my playlist going. What's the mission called?

Is Izuna Drop limited to any special weapons, or can you use it regardless of build?

1kat

>ginchiyo gets raped to the point of infertility while her husband is away on a campaign
>he returns and continues serving the lord who did it to her
>she has to accept his concubine because it's the only way the man she loves will have an heir
ginchyo had a hard life

Where do you guys get the idea that he is someone else's child?
I was under the impression that he was an artificial human from the start. If anything he seemed most like a clone of his grandfather.

The real Hideyori died in his infancy. Chacha made an amrita clone of him with spirit stones.

Is swinging spear actually effective? Even if it has a small sharp blade at the end swinging a pointed stick doesn't look like a very good tactic, like there are even special weapons if you want sword on a stick this much

Resentment Unleashed, the bird one

Is Izuna Drop the only skill that can be unlocked via enemy?

Allegedly Honda drops a spear skill, but I've yet to see confirmation. I'd love it if Moonshiggy drops that slow sword twirl buff he seems to do before his iai strike too.

>Playing as a small woman with max agility and a comically oversized sword
This is a lot of fun

how do I get back into this?

Never touched any DLC, but finished the base game with a hammer.

I could just go on playing with hammer, but I feel OP as fuck as I can simply 2 shot everything

if you used hammer I assume you were speccing into strength
switch to odachi, have fun

stamina actually since black samurai set scales better with STA

also ridiculous amounts of HP as a consequence

also the real game begins on way of the strong until you get too OP for that, then the real game begins on way of the demon, I hope you like grindan

respec into strength then

>respec into strength then
I don't even know what armour to wear, where to get differnet armour, where to get weapons, which weapons to get, what my spec options are, etc

>Katofag
Remove yourself

You won't be 2shotting most of the DLC, especially the first pack. Half the enemies and all 3major bosses have tank tier health pools and very dangerous damage tiers

What's wrong with Kato? It's one of the most well rounded spirits in the game.

>the real game begins on way of the strong
You shouldn't lie to the poor man, Way of the Strong is barely any different level design wise and the enemies only get very slightly stronger progressively which doesn't account for how strong weapons become, which is the story of the whole game. Wish I could comment on Way of the Demon but I don't have the DLC.

I'm kusa/ninja build, low stance heavy attacks all day, Waxing Crescent helps a lot as well. Doesn't change the fact I'm doing bugger all damage in WoD though

It's a disgustingly pleb tier spirit and almost always a shitters first choice-at which point they forget you can switch spirits.
For an Odachi build, the Shark would have benefited you more with the Strong attack ki reduction, bonus life and CQC buffs. Hell it's my end game secondary spirit on my Axe/Odachi Wirriam for the Strong attack Ki reduction.

>I don't even know what armour to wear
find a good set with a nice bonus for the weapon you want to use, and dedicate yourself to picking up parts for it

>where to get differnet armour
forge it yourself from smithing texts, or equip daiba washi as your first guardian spirit for +equipment drop and +luck with itokuri as your second spirit for another +luck boost

>where to get weapons
see above

>which weapons to get
whatever you want man it don't matter
although tonfa suck

>what my spec options are
read the stat descriptions on the stat screen my dude, drop a couple of points into any stat and you'll see what it improves

anything you don't know, ask
we're friendly enough, we won't bite much

>You shouldn't lie to the poor man
WotS establishes the loot grind and upswing in difficulty that will become your new primary concern from WotS onwards
the difficulty increase might be minimal in WotS but it's enough to be a wakeup call when you first hit it

>Kato gives +1 str from the choice at the beginning
>Odachi scales with str
>Kato gives 15% skill damage, CCD, Ki recovery speed, etc. at base level
user I don't know what Kato you're talking about but it's hardly a "pleb" tier choice when its bonuses are better than almost any early game spirit.

>just finish lying to my lord
>feel dirty, I preserved Sanada's honor but at the same time lying to your lord is just something you don't do
>decide to check on Wirriam-sama to see if he's still alive
>he walks out of a burning castle like he owns the place
>congratulate him, but mumble is and I don't think he heard me
>Pull out my trust Pocket Cat
>try to think up a cool one-liner
>can't stop thinking of the time we first met
>"D-dusk is breaking"
>Meant to say dawn
>don't even think Wirriam-sama heard me
>I can't show my face anymore, time to defend Japan from the shadows I guess

>It's a disgustingly pleb tier spirit
Maybe don't be a faggot who picks his spirit based on how much hipster cred it'll get you.

Any good resources online to have a look at all possible armour sets/named weapons?

Technically it does, but what you get as you go through it and even from beating the game is still more than good enough and the difficulty increase is so standard and minimal that grinding for gear's really not that necessary.
>captcha: court william
Is Hanzo writing these?

>will have an heir
not a legitimate one anyway, he gave that title to some else in the tachibana family

>can't even beat the first area on way of the demon
Haha fucking mill myself

agreed, WotS is hardly brutal by comparison, but my point is that it introduces new aspects to the game to the point where it shows you what your life will be if you decide to continue
I know you said you haven't played WotD but speaking as someone currently on WotW you've got to take the lessons WotS tries to teach you to heart if you're going to get through the harder difficulties

Whats the max level of stuff I can get in Way of the Demon? I can soul match stuff to 200+15/16 Divine gear. (if I could figure out where the money is supposed to come from, holy shit) I still feel like i'm doing shit damage. Is it because I haven't reforged everything for close combat damage?

200+20 is the max for WotD
reforging for CCD +20%, Familiarity A and CtA A+ (all at max familiarity) is essential to max out your damage, but so is also making sure you've got set bonuses that compliment your weapon/playstyle of choice

unlock marobashi and grind the shit out of it for good loot and lots of money

Way of the demon goes to level 200+25
As for money, just do twilight missions and join a clan that gives money as a reward. Yamanaka pays out good dosh for giving rare or above quality armor which you can easily get by farming revenants.

>ninetails is shite outside of farming ethereals
Why do they keep doing that

oh and the real cost of soul matching is raising the base level of the gear, for example from 150 to 200

once it's at max level for the current difficulty it becomes much cheaper to increase its plus value, because it doesn't count plus levels as higher level gear for some reason

Because if a guardian spirit was good at combat and droprates, everyone would use that one.

it was made to be a second slot spirit

>New Skins Maria

She's only 70k Glory, Okatsu is more expensive

How bad is this Grand tournament I keep hearing about? Will I have a hard time if I was able to clear the first few levels in WotN?
Are the drops good?

EMI TAKEI IS MORE EXPENSIVE

Where do you get the infinite use elemental talismans?

how do you do good damage in this game? havent played in a while, but im giving the first dlc a go from WOTStrong and i do so little damage while getting killed in no more than 2 hits, sometimes 1

i got some in the abyss but they were anti elements

>100 of the """"FINEST"""" combatants
>bandits, spiders and dwellers
Are you fucking serious

Are there ones that buff your weapons?