>Andromeda is dropped:
blog.bioware.com/2017/08/19/mass-effect-andromeda/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

fanfiction.net/s/12445583/1/Eden
youtube.com/watch?v=33TO0e8NxJU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

great times

Oh god, is that one of those pain in the ass metal sheet kits? Those things are a fucking nightmare to put together and the edges are so sharp you're guaranteed to have at least one cut or puncture wound trying.

t. non-turian

Exactly what was the job of Saren and the Collectors? Heat up a bit the galaxy until the big guys arrive?

miranda > ashley

save the immortal timeless machines about 6 months of travel

And what was the point of the collectors? Say Shep didnt do shit and they make muh hooman reaper... what next?

Just read Eden.

Why.

Welcome aboard the feel train, user.

What else have you read?

have to fight 6 gorillion + 1 reapers instead of just 6 gorillion reapers.
Plus collectors I guess

what's Eden?

his other turian works. I expected shit, but they make me feel too much.

Pain.

>Saren
conquer the citadel and destabilize the galaxy to make a very quick genocide job
>Collectors
build a super reaper to use during the invasion

since both have failed the reapers will have much more work to do. At the times of the Protheans there was no galactic union and the reapers didn't need extra help.

is it a fan fic?

Yes. A good one.

what's it about and where can i find it?

>At the times of the Protheans there was no galactic union and the reapers didn't need extra help.
Opposite. The whole galaxy was under one empire. Didn't help.

femtur and human marine attempt to survive Reaper occupied Eden Prime

fanfiction.net/s/12445583/1/Eden

>At the times of the Protheans there was no galactic union
except the whole galaxy was united under their empire. What you probably mean is that the reapers got ahold of the citadel and locked the relay network, which they couldn't do in this cycle. That would be fine if it weren't for the fact that the reapers can effortlestly float up to the citadel and take it without much of a fuzz.

>that summary just hit me in retrospect.

>attempt to survive Reaper occupied Eden Prime
ah shit that already sounds sad

It's only 9 chapters long, user. Just read it.

i haven't read that much since high school

Speaking of sad endings.
I've been thinking about positive and negative outcomes for each ones of my short lewd writefaggotry. A happy and a sad ending that could be contained in one small sentence.
I've been wondering if /meg/ would be curious about them or if it was too much of a blogpost/dumb bullshit.
Would you like to read about idle thoughts from a frenchman ?

yes

qui

Brioche.

croissant, negligee, maginot liiiiineeee

Nigga it's only like 3 hours of reading. It's worth it.

Do it. It's not like there's much else to talk about.

As much as I dislike sad endings, I'd listen to what you have frenchie.

Were Cerberus cucks doing Reapers a favour or they actually had a plan?

something something french tanks something something reverse gears

>tfw feel more compelled to read after somebody ordered me to do it
ugh god it's like an english class all over again

they were "indoctrinated"

timmy was being played since the beginning but he was too much of an egotistical twat to realize until he was about to shoot the saviour of the galaxy to prevent them from saving the galaxy

they were trying to get the blue flavored ending I think

but ended up INDOCTRINATED.com

REAPED

I expect at least two paragraphs analyzing a character of your choice from the fic, and make sure you back up your arguments using quotes from the book, fag.

CYOANON quick question is it syra or kyra

>guaranteed to have at least one cut or puncture wound trying.
That sounds fun.

d-do you a-accept late work?

I don'r understand why they never explained how different alien species managed to communicate with each other. It seems that everyone in the Milky Way and even Andromeda is fluent in English. They could at least put some bullshit like advanced google translator planted in your brain or something.

its cyra

I always thought of it as Cyra as in Syria, but the other pronunciation works too.

They literally did just that, user. They talk about a universal translator built into the omni-tool or whatever in the codex.

pronunciation

They do have translators though?

That shit better be on my desk in four hours or I'm sendin' your illiterate ass to detention.

well fug me for being stupid. i always read it as Syra, dunno if thats correct. i already miss the CYOA

whats the point of getting on with aliens? its gross

>Human X Female Quarian (Resistance story) :
Happy : Human soldier follows the Quarian engeneer to Rannoch where he finds purpose in reconstruction. Lives a comfortable life with his Alien lover, even if both of them dies before Rannoch is habitable without suits.
>Sad : Quarian engineer catch a deadly infection on the road home to Rannoch. As the human would become a burden to the Fleet, he's exiled through kangaroo court and abandonned on a deserted planet. Dies from heartbreak before he dies from hunger.

>Human X Female Turian (C-Sec story)
Happy : Both survive through the final Citadel explosions thanks to hiding in reinforced parts of the station. Human cop lose his left eye in the process. Invite his Turian cop lover to move to his hometown of Dublin once travel between Citadel and London is secured.
>Sad : They get stuck in a destroyed ward after Shepard blow up the Citadel. As their tunnel is slowly exposed to oxygen leaking and vaccuum exposure, they asphyxiate slowly in each-others arms. Their frozen remains gets sucked into space where they wander for all eternity.

>Human X Female Turian (Pirate story) :
Happy : The pirate crew barely get away from Cerberus lockdown on Omega. Wanders Terminus space during the last month war, surviving on cannibalized space wrecks and smuggling food and water between distant space stations. Participate in the final battle for the Citadel, merged with Aria's Terminus mercenary. A reaper death beam destroy part of their ship, makng it crash-land somewhere near Cuba where they survive through the final hours.
Sad : The crew gets stuck in Omega thanks to Cerberus lockdown. With no possibility to surrender and unwilling to sacrifice the alien crew to Cerberus, the captain orders to boot up the weapon and engine systems. Close-range firefights ensues where the Batarian weapon masters gets gunned down. The ship almost manage to get out of the station before getting blown to bits by a Cerberus destroyer.
(1/?)

welp looks like im failing again

femdrell who you married dies early to keplar syndrome even after moving to the desert

what write faggotry is this

These aren't 'sad' Brioche, these are more 'blow your brains out depressing because of circumstances beyond their control'.

Well, I'd hate to say it user, but I'm already planning another one because I already miss it too.

>Omega brothel :
Happy : "Big Mama", the Krogan madam, was a veteran mercenary, and most of the girls working in the brothel were used to Omega's harsh life. They manage to hide in the deeper parts of the Eezo mines. As the crew is ambushed by a group of adjudant, the Krogan madam pull them away from the other girls and blow up the mineshaf, sending everyone into space.
Two days later, she's found by a Blue Suns patrol and spend the last hours of the war laughting heartily in a hospital bed, smoking Elcor cigars and slapping one of her girl's ass.
>Sad : Cerberus crack down on the Brothel position. The girls are captured, and the Krogan madam is gunned down in front of them mercilessly as she tried to charge through Ceberus' troops.
The female drell sculptor is executed through a simple bullet to the brain after attempting to throw a Cerberus grunt over a railing.
The lesbian turian survive through all of this, but is forever haunted by the events.

>The young gangster
Happy : Join up with the blue suns after his bout with Big Mama to pay up his medical fees. Thanks to this, he manage to escape the station and live through the war repairing guns and counting food rations for the mercenaries.
Sad : Join up the Blue Suns, but his arrogant attitude irks a trigger-happy Batarian who lost his family during Khar'Shan fall. Gets killed by the same Batarian to be made an example.

>The lesbian smuggler.
Happy : She's in the Attican traverse when the Reaper war begins. Noverian contacts provide her for a secret hiding place where she provides valuable help to the war effort through smuggling things in and out of the Attican Traverse. Uses smuggled dextro and levo hot cocoa to find more ladies to spend the cold night with.
>Sad : Gets gunned down a few days after her story in Omega, once Eclipse manage to track down her position. She's left to die in a dingy alleyway, laughting as she's bleeding out, wondering if anyone would remember her face.
Nobody does.
(2/3)

sweet. now i hope the user who promised the husbando generator is still alive and well, i want a husbando to think about

>The young gangster
that makes me wonder if their are any fics of shepard when he was a gang member

>Human X Female Salarian (Deep sea story)
Happy : As they were working for a Hanar consortium, they are evacuated in time and find refuge in Kahje. Depending on Shepard's action in ME3, they are able to survive through the war and assist in the reconstruction effort.
Sad : The war begins before they can be evacuated. Stuck together deep under the sea, they spend agonizing day and nights trying to repair the science station radio, thinking it faulty.
Their food reserves held for eights month. It was the Salarian idea to let herself get eaten by the Human, as it seemed the most pragmatical choice.
The human goes through her idea, but isolation and despair throw him over the edge. In a fit of insanity, he split open his head smashing it over and over and over again on the eversilent radio.

>Human X Female Turian (Concert story)
Happy : both of them were civilian and gets evacuated to the Citadel during the early monthes of the war. Keep each other sane and reassured through the Reaper conflict, culminating in an entire night spent in each-other arms, hidden away in a the darkness of a reinforced vault under a ward, listening to Morningstar 314. Survive through the night on luck alone, and spend the aftermath assisting Palaven's reconstruction.
Sad : The evacuation vessels got caught up by Reaper forces on the way to their planet. The human gets separated from his turian lover uring a panic movement as the Reaper descend on the planet.
A few days later, husks find the human hidding place and tear him to shreds.
His turian lover finds somewhere to hide, listen to Morningstar 314 almost every nights to keep going insane. When a Reaper Dreadnought begins orbital bombardment on the cities, she's desintegrated instantly.

That's all my major writefaggotry, I think

i'll do one
>adventures of dimitri
happy: lives through the battle with the kett and lives to the old age of 125 all the while teaching all the children about the volus and their tricks
>sad: captured and exhaulted after one of his many stunts back fires living him crippled in the battle field
>drell stowaway
happy: you and Isure are on a small colony when the reapers hit, having connections in the colony allows you and your drell lover to settle in nicely as the war rages on. after the war you decide to retire the old ship and move to a desert colony, you and Isure live a happy life together, she passes away in her sleep at the old age of 86
>sad: you were in transit from the citadel when the reapers hit, managing to get away you relax a bit, a couple hours after leaving you are shot down over a garden world. some how both you and Isure survive, you thank god that she survived, both of you begin to survey the planet you landed on it was a lush planet lots of food to eat. deciding to test something you take a bite of a fruit, only to have a allergic reaction not a severe one but one none the less. panic begins to consume both of you when you realize you landed on a dextro planet. luckily you had just restock giving you 3 weeks worth a food. you set up a sos and begin a routine to keep your self busy. 6 weeks pass and you and your isure are very weak. she asks you to eat her if need be, makes you promise. you go through with it only to be picked up a couple of days later by a wandering alliance ship a few weeks later they find your body hanging from the roof of your room.
:^)

Thanks for that roller coaster of emotions, frenchman. Can't say I needed it, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

>It was the Salarian idea to let herself get eaten by the Human, as it seemed the most pragmatical choice.
>The human goes through her idea, but isolation and despair throw him over the edge. In a fit of insanity, he split open his head smashing it over and over and over again on the eversilent radio.

I've never really wrote slow burn type long story, so I'm still thinking in black and white when it comes down to endings.I could try thinking about more mild, more bittersweet type endings too (though I think my base "happy" ones are the hopeful kind of bittersweet), would mostly involve heroes getting mutilated, star-crossed or someone sacrificing his or her life for the other.

I'm also kind of curious if /meg/ has a favorite story from the stuff I wrote. One that worked the best or was the most comfy to read ?

By the way, could you give a hint about what could be your new CYOA project ? I'm curious and looking forward for anything you would do.

you're gross

I'll do one too.

>the CYOA
Happy: After a long night of lewding, you and the detective curl up on the couch to another comfy movie and you both drift off to sleep in each other's arms. You go on some cute dates, explore the Citadel, and finally take her back to her for a nice trip to a beach on Earth, before living out the rest of your years together traveling between a cozy cabin getaway on Earth and doing the odd detective jobs on the Citadel.

Sad:You died. Happy, at least. But the pill you took had far more sinister intentions that you truly realized. It contained small metallic particles that served one purpose: amplifying the effects of microwave radiation. That tingling warmth you felt on the floor? That should've been all to familiar to you as you had felt a very similar feeling in this same apartment not too long ago. You did your best to deny what was truly happening. You wanted to be happy. In your last few moments living in a pain-addled body your brain took you to one place where you thought you'd be safe, comfy, and happy at last: a small little trinket shop right next to the shore, with your new friend by your side. If only you hadn't been blind to what was right in front of you all along.

Hows THAT for an ending? :^)

post husbando and Liara cock headcanons

das an ugly ass baby, and i love Jack too, so that shit is just goddamn unacceptable.

I gave a few hints here: , but I'm still working on a lot of the general details. I'll probably make a post in a day or two asking about some QoL improvements as well as character types they would like to see in the next one. As well as some more mechanical stuff that I'm thinking about implementing.

If I can get it right, I'm planning on going all out on the next one. So you fucks better stick around to play it.

all babies are ugly user

>ywn fly a fighter
youtube.com/watch?v=33TO0e8NxJU

>the absolute state of the stall maneuver meme

laughing Lockheed MArtin exec.jpg

uuugh shit nigga wtf

this is our Cyra sad end

Favorite story? Probably the C-Sec one. Your stuff is usually good, so it's hard to prefer one over the others. The Salarian story was pretty great too. I'm mainly interested on how you'll write the coffee and donuts story, if you still are.

>tfw cyra emotionally manipulated us
>here private detective business is failing she was lucky enough to get this job though
>out of no where a unknown alien shows up
>she seduces us and gets us to work with her
>now she can claim her business has no biases because of the weird alien that hangs around
>governments come with contracts asking for a detective when ever more then one government is involved
>all she has to do is give up sex every now and then and act all cutie when she's with him

N-NO!
SH-SHE LOVES US RIGHT?!

Eh, looks prettier than female turians

This is an abomination, hybrids should not be created. Be reasonable and choose something like adoption.

I'm still on that one, and will not take any other project until Coffee and Donuts + the C-Sec continuation are done.
Bad news is :
I've been a bit burnt out from writting and destroying my sleep schedule, even if the CYOA was worth it. Will have to play ME again to get me in the mood and hopefully find the time to write now that I have a new job.
I'm only asking /meg/ to be a bit patient until I get my groove back.
I'd apologize if I didn't knew better.

if it helps I'll crossdress as a black nun for yiou

well im not going anywhere, take all the time you need

>ywn take your turian gf on a plane ride over earth
>ywn snuggle up close to you as you ascend
>ywn watch your gf face explore the expansive landscape before you
>she will never ask why she has this weird back pack and weird clothes
>she will never panic as the instructor tells her what you're going to be doing
>ywn attach her to the front of the suit letting her know everything is going to be all right
>ywn hear her screams as you jump from the plane
>ywn hear those scream turn into victorious cries of joy as you open the parachute
>she will never kiss you as you float down to earth
>ywn trip when you land causing you and your turian lover to become a tangled mess of rope and bodyparts
>ywn laugh it off before hugging her
>ywn take her back to your cottage and fuck for 3 days straight

>9

Well if you do pick up the original cyoa again, those possible hi-jinks said in your other post hopefully includes us busting an Elcor fight club with the detective.
I'll be here for the new adventure. The original had a nice story to it, so this should be fun running with a cool squad. Just be sure not to burn yourself out of writing.

Post raifus? Favorite ability if you can't decide on your favorite gun. Or post both, who gives a shit.

>raifu
>pistol
Also the turians make a damn good rifle.

ME2 Mattock

I love my little hand cannon

ME heavy pistols always were absurdly over-sized and over-powered weapons, even considering how much more you could do with coilgun technology. You have gigantic 2-3 kg pistols with similar punch to rifles, except lower capacity, lower effective ROF, higher recoil (because, again, pistol), and a more awkward grip. Not to mention they're more expensive than their equivalent rifles and presumably wear out quicker.

Why not just use a carbine? Other than sci-fi's leave for giant and powerful pistols of course. Not even the portability excuse flies in this universe since the guns fold up, so a carbine is just as portable as a pistol and probably doesn't weigh much more. As it stands they're only moderately more sensible weapons than pic related.

>leave
*love.

See for example: Star Wars, Halo, 40k, Star Trek, Men In Black, Fallout, etc. But ME really does take things to the next level even compared to those. There are grenade launcher pistols and fucking anti-materiel pistols.

Post Pie-Jacks!

Late night Jack post!