docs.google.com/document/d/1eKXbdEr6jnTG5DcMQX2qcMlsmYQ8hO6Sl3-sySYpHR4/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord (READ THE README BEFORE JOINING): discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Player list: pastebin.com/9hG50KHX
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TmKpp2lOOcHvoDnjB9P0LGDN71Np0Gr68tPQ8BkqxZ8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ah well looks like no one needs help. G'night fags

posted last thread but are there any interesting mods for PC Dark Souls 2?

Really hoping to find a decent free cam tool in the least.

Howdy hey, friendo

>tfw no rouge pine bundle
>tfw no frost pine bundle

I want to impregnate Yuria and Friede!

>no magic pine bundle
>no dark pine bundle
>no white birch bundle

>no sticky white bundle
>no cracked red bundle
>no broken straight sword bundle

Cheating piece of SHIT

>runs away to boss
>pssssh nothing personnel kid

*activates seed of giants*

Nothing personnel.

How do you justify playing Dark Souls as an adult?

It's good to have hobbies.

>killed sinner, OLK, rotten and the spider
>SEEK MIGHTIER SOULS

Is NG++ bugged or is 3 million souls the requirement after that?

*OiK

>decide to try a SL1 run
>not that serious about it but feel like I might as well give it a go
>to pre-emptively show how unserious I am (so I'll feel better when I eventually give up), make a meme character
>run on through cemetery of ash without getting hit which, while not that special, is better than I usually do
>get to Gundyr, prepare to die a couple of times before I beat him
>instead have a zen-like moment of peace when I realise you can just walk around most of his attacks without even needing to roll
>kill him without taking a hit
>carry straight on through Firelink, ignore the keeper and teleport straight out
>run through the first section of High Wall, ignoring and juking everything in my path
>light the bonfire but don't rest, figure I might as well keep going
>run past everything, making a beeline for the broadsword which I'll actually be able to equip
>walk around the spear knight and the hollow, pick up the sword, roll back out past them
>decide I might as well open the lift
>drop down into the courtyard right on top of the fatboy, stroll on past through the archway before he even really reacts
>realise I don't have the key for the lift, so I decide I might as well give Vordt a go
>see the summon sign for the knight but ignore it, I'm on a roll and don't need an NPC cramping my style
>start the Vordt fight
>just watching him approach I feel like I can feel see his attack patterns unfolding
>effortlessly body him when it normally takes me two or three more goes and a dozen or so more levels, and a phantom
I've never just carved my way straight through one of these games like this before. I feel like the spirit of the meme has entered me, at every stage I thought 'What would be the most Chad thing to do' and just fucking did it. I'm already at Undead Settlement, my play time is 13:40 and at least two minutes of that was spent admiring myself.

Meme magic is real.

What's considered an adult game?

>adult
>game
Pick one

>rated M

>get 8 dragon scales easy at iron keep bridge
>suddenly no one summons me anymore
It would've been kind of cool to get the dragon form in Dark Souls 2. It actually looks like armor and I like how the roar looks.

I don't have to because no one cares what you do when you are an adult.

>didn't actually embrace all the Great Souls
Protip, one of those isn't actually an Old One.

Congrats you discovered speedrunning

>people still haven't figured out that gold coins are by far the best starting gift
It's like you nerds haven't played this game fifty times.

What do you even have to farm in das3 unless you hate yourself enough to farm darkmoon blade?

Maldron should be the patron saint of invaders

Anything that requires drops. It's mostly for the symbol of avarice and flamberge, but lothric and cathedral knight stuff is good too. Sometimes I'll want the storyteller staff or the man serpent hatchet. I'm sure there's more though.
More gold coins.

>Tell myself I will go to sleep after one more invasion
>Red Eye Orb never finds an invasion

>Achievement is called Moonlight Greatsword
>Get a Bluemoon Greatsword out of it

What talisman to use at 60 faith in 3?

the talisman

I managed to get up to 10 but activity just died. Oh well, I don't need the armor.

Saint's Talisman if you don't care about poise casting. Even then, it has good enough poise casting for duels.

Hi are yellows welcome here?

It doesn't. A single R1 from anything except a dagger breaks the poise on Saint's.

Everyone is tolerated but this general is mostly invaders lately.

Play the game however the hell you like.

How do I use king's mirror?

Isn't it a bit slow unless you're pre-empting spells?

did you forget to pick up the spider soul? near the big dragon and cliff.

If you mule over Symbol of Avarice and Covetous Gold +3, then kill Crystal Sage, you're already more or less set for farming once you unlock Patches as a merchant.

Besides, you can farm Gold Coins off of the Handmaids at Propane Capital. Divine and Hidden Blessings are limited per playthrough.

King Jeremiah Plz go

>Divine and Hidden Blessings are limited per playthrough
Are they even particularly good items?

If you don't care about poise-casting, then use Yorshka's. Saint's has so little poise health that it may as well be a chime.

Generally, you don't. Spell parry is a shitty gimmick in all instances except against Manus, and that's only because it can deflect shit that comes from behind.

i just did. fuck i feel stupid.

I don't really mule. None of my friends play DS3 and nobody in this thread plays on PS4. Besides, some characters want the crystal sage sorcery. If you want to farm for something and you don't have the rapier, the symbol, or the ring then those gold coins is basically your only ticket.

I CE full stacks of them to my invader characters.

If I actually use one it probably means I am fighting cancer.

If you need emergency replenishment against a boss that you've almost killed, yes. But that's also something that can be solved by gitting gud.

It's also useful in invasions if you really really don't want to concede defeat to the other side (whether you're a host, passworded buttbuddy or invader), but if they've forced you to use a Divine then they may as well have already won.

I DID IT.

Nice,

I am too lazy to go to ng+2 or do some of the npc quests.

Now do vanilla.

Haha fuck that I'm uninstalling and never seeing that shit again. The DLC bosses will probably stay with me forever though. Fume Knight is hands down the toughest one I've faced so far. Haven't gotten to 3 yet.

Congrats. But why did you do it?

what's a good way to cheese nameless king at low level? seems to me so far that arbalest is the best opton.

Katana's are the best weapons.

They're like Straight Swords but for players with skill.
>so good at katana parry now, I can have hornet ring up at all times without hard swapping it

If you can make full use of the Katana abilities, they're better than straight swords

I usually play them blind on my first playthrough, and then I go for achievements on NG+ and beyond.

>mostly invaders lately.

Not anymore friend. Neo dsg hates invaders these days but loves gank squads.

>this whole post

>nobody in this thread plays on PS4.
We do. We just don't feel like moving a million things for some autist.

Now if you asked for co-op I'm sure you would get more responses.

I see you've mastered the blade, heh.. I was like you once, I thought I was invincible.. but remember, kid.. The blade will consume those who grow too dependent. Don't let it happen to you.. it's too late for me..

It's true, user. I don't make the game. But after several hundred hours of PVP, mostly invasions, but also Dueling, Katana's are the most effective weapon.

Not him, but I've offered co-op in the past on PS4 and gotten nothing. Then again, the thread was on the slower side at the time.

I also use PS4.

But I've also got the game on PC. I've found that PS4 is more active.

>tfw invade constantly
>win sometimes
The meta level is a hard place for an invader to thrive. There is no pity anymore.

Pic related does quite a handy job at staggering katana users

ohok

No, they're not. Shitty attack arc, basically zero parry frames and a similar issue to the caestus in that if you miss the parry your stamina bar is deleted.

They can be fun, but they're solidly average as a weapon class for almost all scenarios.

>no onion bundle

>have all the pieces of the insolent set but the gloves
>already at bonfire level 5
How many more ascetics will I need? Place your bets.

Just because people aren't bitching about the plight of the invader as much anymore does not mean /dsg/ is pro-gank all of a sudden. The opposite is true, in fact.

It means that they have actually started to see the truth that the system works pretty well for what it is intended to do, and that there is nothing wrong with co-op play because it provides a better challenge for them.

/dsg/ got better at invading, so they have less to complain about without becoming hypocrites.

>/dsg/ got better at invading
That's not true at all. /dsg/ is mostly filled with disgusting Veeky Forums rejects and /fgg/ rejects, so all you see is shitty RP and duelfaggotry.

If you use a curved greatsword you deserve tastebuds on your own asshole.

What threads have you been reading?

demon souls remaster with better online when

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TmKpp2lOOcHvoDnjB9P0LGDN71Np0Gr68tPQ8BkqxZ8

They're actually equal to fist weapons in startup and number of active parry frames (weakened slightly due to the need to hold L2 first). That image that people were peddling in the past was inaccurate.

Should've backed up your save after each Ascetic.

>use a curved greatsword in invasions
>tfw shitting on hosts left and right
>change build to optimize damage on my +8 Exile without sacrificing stamina or health
>700 AR at level 78 with a +8
>mfw killing a host in a r1 wa r2
>mfw two shotting some phantoms
Curved Greatswords are my go to "fuck summoners" weapon

There was a literal fightclub last thread???

What's bad about that? FCs have been a part of /dsg/ since forever and have only recently died off because the thread as a whole has gotten stagnant and dominated by a couple circlejerking personalities.

I have nothing against it but it sure reinforces my claims of dedicated duelfaggotry.

That is hardly an example of 'all you see is duelfaggotry' when it was the first FC this place has had in weeks. I don't want to sound like I'm shitting on you but it's getting really tiresome lately since it feels like 2-3 people here will jump for your throat at the nearest mention of something like FCs. Hell if anything you should bitch about how the only real new posts are PvE players complaining about bosses like Gundyr or whatever.

There are bound to be newfags in every general. There are indeed too many pve only players here, and that's actually scary. As an Invader myself, I've been noticing the lack of players in both platforms I play on, and that number just keeps plummeting, people actually advises other people to just play offline or unembered. It's getting really sad.

Yup, still enjoy 2 more than 3

I don't mind PvE only players but it's been annoying lately since most of the talk about it has just been:

>X is a bad boss
>no Y is a bad boss
>X is actually a good boss

And on and on. I do all sorts of multiplayer in 3 on my own but /dsg/ has just been dead for any coordinated activity or life since The Ringed City released it felt and the state of the general and DS3 as a game has just been stagnant and decaying. I blame this partially on From not fixing a lot of the problems that exists in both the singleplayer and multiplayer content of 3, but it also feels like the motivation of the Souls fanbase itself here and everywhere has just completely bottomed out.

>using FUGS on Iron Keep Bridge
>one shot someone with a backstab
>two shot someone with L2s
Good fucking lord, this thing is good. It rollcatches like a monster. You can play really aggressive if you have a fast off-hand weapon too.

Should I be using blessed or lightning weapons on pure faith builds? I'm not sure how good/bad split damage is compared to pure phys.

I don't think the game has too many problems, except some clear balancing issues for duelists, obviously. A lot of shit in this game is not meant for 1v1 duels, and by a lot I mean a FUCKING LOT. Meanwhile these same weapons perform well in invasions and teamfights, or even fights with obstacles, like kiln of flame giving you the ability to zone people out of your reach with a Mist blocking their path or seething chaos in the left pillar.

I mean duelfaggotry was never the fucking purpose of this game, people had to beg to have an "even ground" arena given to them. And even then, it is too big, allowing turtling playstyles to still be king once again.

Though I did feel the population increase at the release of dlc, it did feel more deserted right after, unlike after the release of Ariandel, which ironically is their worst dlc to date.

>waiting to co-op more in aldia's keep for sunlight medals
I'm at 1.7 million souls, is there a better place to sunbro?

Still need like 15 more.

Yeah, how dare people discuss the real game. They should all be obsessing over a barely functional afterthought.

Nothing in das3 is an afterthought except its plot.

>You can play really aggressive if you have a fast off-hand weapon too.
What's up, Raime?

King's Gate

I'm not talking about anything as specific as dueling but more like the rigid linearity of PvE disincentivizing repeated playthroughs along with hampering build construction and half-assed multiplayer ideas like every covenant along with a host of other issues we could get into. Not to get too far into this because we have wildly different opinions on the topic but I never got the point of releasing arena itself though since red sign soapstones worked well enough, regular Pontiffs is infinitely better for 1v1s than the arena version because every arena map has to be designed with 6 player matches in mind as well. The only thing I like about arena is that it doesn't have embered health which actually makes things like ultras more viable than normal.

>Though I did feel the population increase at the release of dlc, it did feel more deserted right after, unlike after the release of Ariandel, which ironically is their worst dlc to date.

That's the weird thing, this place was at its height post-Ariandel imo with lots of invasions, FCs, co-op, constant thread activity all around. Then Ringed City comes around which everyone agrees is a far better actual DLC and things just plummets. Is it the fact that TRC was truly the sign that the end of Dark Souls has come? I don't know.

I'm hoping to dragon covenant with my only play with friend co-op character.
We have 2 primal bonfires lit. I don't think I'll make it before it dies.

Farming dragon scales work at all?
I'm not against muling if it takes weeks to farm.

Blessed infusion sucks on all but one weapon. Lightning infusion sucks compared to buffing with Lightning Blade.

what weapon

Straight Sword/UGS combo is fucking nice. I should go an make his small sword at some point.
I'd also recommend a fist weapon, spear, curved sword, and dagger. They're all fast and a couple have really long range.
You can't leave them for other players, you'd have to either do PvP or farm them. If you are within the same SM range as your friend, just have him let you kill him. If that's not an option, either place your sign down and hope or get ready to take a long time to farm.
Not him, but Lothric Knight Greatsword

Oh, that's interesting. I'll have to try that out. My str/dex is tiny so I thought the faith scaling would be better.

>"half-assed multiplayer ideas like every covenant..."
So what is your issue with Covenants? I've always been a proponent of consolidating the Covenant system and having them appeal to more than just invasions.

Co-op obviously being supported by SunBros so I don't have any problem with the Covenant in question.
I just think that there should be a more complex tier system, even if it's just a few more items to use, they should be reflective of the Covenant's lore and function like the Obscuring Ring for the fingers.

I once used FUGS with red rust scimitar in left hand, drakekeepers set, bull helmet and some pyros for shits n giggles. Named char 'Charging Bull.' Was some of the most fun I've had in pvp.

Offhand scimitar really fucked people up, for whatever reason.

Don't know what platform you're on but i get constant invasions on mine

Can i farm dragon scales while in company of champions, or do i have to be in the covenant?
Would save from respawning enemies.

Got my first awestone by pushing Armor Dennis down a hole.

Rate my fashion sense!