/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

bannerlord release in december edition

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Captain MP mode gamplay :
youtube.com/watch?v=c_3el4IAevg
youtube.com/watch?v=JaUBg7Ynmwk

Last blog:
steamcommunity.com/games/261550/announcements/detail/1464090667824385857

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin/the sub-forum

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/ZesXLTP3

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

New Modules :
>Custom Troop Trees
moddb.com/mods/custom-troop-trees/downloads/custom-troop-trees-03092017
1257 map is shit
>CTT for Dickplomacy+Polygamy Bugfix
mega.nz/#!dgQSlKhY!qudd7noj5rQHfagLq-adDzn1c7X3HHawmA3TbCy0CH0

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!QxgUgb6S!WtYZ_piAuaNv_ZFraquLxPSWflRLMPKeWIEbjLAYGhk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

NIGGERS

inb4 chow chow appears.

Cozur got raped? How?

>MUH MAP

betterlord when?

Blocking is an exploit.
Walking backwards is an exploit.
Chambering is an exploit.
Third person is an exploit.

Controlling you character is an exploit, the true way to play is to let the AI control your PC every battle.

With a penis that was inserted into his tender boipussy

This is Rhodok soil

MAKE NEW THREAD

post old memes
>May 21, 2014

737 posts to go

NOOOOOWWWWW

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

what about HanXiongnu Wars

How hard are you guys cheating?

I've played this game so long (710 hours) that it takes a monumental amount of cheating to keep my interest. Here are some examples:
>60 all stats, 10 all skills, 600 all prof
>2million cash to start
>full lordly of best armor set, masterwork weapons, champion horses for myself and entire companion complement.
>if a lord rejects my request for him to serve me too often, I use the savegame editor to make him -100 relations with his lord so he always agrees
>if I really want Count Trimbau and he isn't an honorable lord, I edit his personality to be honorable, then recruit him

There's more, of course. Am I alone here?

yes

what about that dynasty warriors mod?

>post old memes

yEAH.

>710 hours
>long
newfag desu

>ctrl click to all villages for quick recruits
>spam ctrl X to get them up to elites
>also carry at minimum 40,000 denars via cheats at all times
That is the extent of my cheat

screenshot your time played or you gay

Is that because you're just such HARDCORE viking homos that you forgo all cheats forever and grind out every dinar because that's the way the devs intended, or is because you don't know how to use cheat engine/programs/editors?

honest question

games aren't fun when there's no challenge

This person doesn't know what they're talking about. Sound files might exist in the main Warband folder, but they can't be referenced in a mod unless that file can be found in one of the lines in sounds.txt. I did a quick check and could find it in Native but not in PoP.

>there are hourlets itt RIGHT NOW

King Neet and his vassals

you gotta go back

is this why you don't play MP

The game is already really easy enough why bother cheating

>9958 hrs

>10881.4 hrs

You're right. It's so easy that you'd be an idiot to grind through the easiness, and should instead will cheat to get to perfection.

>the beauty of owning Suno, but having 38 landless lords, all good-natured or upstanding with 100 relation with you, circling around it and keeping the area completely bandit free forever, while you and your companions ride around with full-auto 30round magazine boomsticks, keeping the peace

Why is the point?
Game really isn't hard it its really hard to lose it.
If I would start using cheats I would just not play.
Also I kind of enjoy grinding and leveling so taking this off would practically take most the fun.

Why not just play Dynasty Warriors?

Why the fuck do you holier-than-thous always go to "THE GAMES EASY SO WHY CHEAT"? It's not about how easy or hard it is. It's about wasting your time. Can I kill a stack of 150 sea raiders solo with a sumpter horse and a short spear? sure I can, but it takes 20 minutes. I could spend that 20 minutes cheating in perfect stat companions to be my ring-wraith bros that can ride down armies of 200+ just by themselves, and have a lot more fun with that.

Cheating doesn't make the game easier. It reduces wasted time.

shitter mindset

Stop trying to justify you being a nigger

and you fags wonder why your general is dying

You missing the point.
I play games because I want waste time.

Shut up you dirty, cheating, nigger, go be a shitter somewhere else

it's not dying it's actually remarkably active for a general about a 6 year old expansion of a 10 year old game. meanwhile /mgg/ and /ddg/ are both dead and buried.

because the early and middle game is the fun part
late/endgame isn't fun

>NUUUUUUUUU STOP DISAGREEING WITH MY CHEATING
>THIS IS WHY YOU'RE GENERAL IS SHIT

>playing vidya
>complains about wasted time
pick one, shitlord. 20 minutes poking at sea raiders with a short spear gives you the opportunity to fail and this risk is what makes video games interesting. But I'm sure you know that and are just baiting, aren't you you little pedophile.

>tfw fending a siege by yourself with ranged support
That was really fun and satisfying.

But how long can the collective autism sustain itself before it leaves only a husk of a general behind?

forever because its been way deder than this
considering ching bing bung is coming out in the next three months it's going to give us something new to talk about at least

eons
autism is the only indefinitely binding force on this bitch of an earth

>meanwhile /mgg/ and /ddg/ are both dead and buried
;_; Hopefully /ddg/ comes back alive in a week or so.

Mods help keeping it alive.

Longer that Sun shine.
What /mgg/ and /ddg/ stand?

i only use the teleport cheat, handy when doing the rek looter quest.

/ddg/ deserves to be dead

I'm posting The Humungus, The Lord Humungus, The Warrior of the Wasteland, The Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla in honour of the original Humungus poster until we get a good post-apocalyptic mod.

I don't know about /mgg/ but DD re-release comes in a week, so /ddg/ will revive.

Why so butthurt? Are you one of those anons who called it circlejerk and didn't realize he only needed to post and ask for help and anyone would gladly comply?

>Mods help keeping it alive.
Isn't everyone just playing 1257AD? Hardly see anything new or interesting mods being discussed tbqh.

why even play the game if you hand everything to yourself at the start? at that point it will just be constant siege after siege until you own the map. no struggle, nothing to overcome, no point, and no fun

cheating like that is the quickest way to burn yourself out on any game. i learned this in my teenage years, maybe you will too

750 post of "hire muh pawn" and blogposting doesn't make a good general

>DD re-release comes in a week, so /ddg/ will revive.
is there even a single person who wanted to play DD that didn't already play it on PS3 or PC or both?

>Isn't everyone just playing 1257AD?
no
if i ever finish my VC campaign i'll probably go polish modded a bit more and maybe start working on something else

This, I'm literally playing a video game, what the fuck am I going to rush it for?

>Interacting with other players through online features and talking about the game and bringing OC doesn't make a good general
I seriously hope you're just baiting, because if you're not, you're a retard.

Who knows, I'm going to be playing on PC anyway.

No user
you already are the husk
Speaking of which, what happened to the steppe waifu poster? Cao Cao is still going strong as ever.

24 version: mega.nz/#!QxgUgb6S!WtYZ_piAuaNv_ZFraquLxPSWflRLMPKeWIEbjLAYGhk

Thanks man.

I've played around giving myself super stats and soloing armies. It's fun for like 5 minutes. Gradually building up your Warband and fighting progressively larger battles is fun for hours.

I mean, if you really do enjoy just repeatedly winning unlosable fights over and over again, more power to you. Seems like you'd have to be incredibly autistic to not get bored of the monotony and lack of challenge though.

w-wew lad

This. I remember it almost constantly being the case that there was like 1 post an hour, a good chunk being dedposting. Nowadays I'm annoyed at how difficult it is to keep up since the general keeps moving so fast.

Would a population mechanic be a good feature? Like you go to a village and it tells you the exact population and it has various effects and there are ways to effect (affect?) it.

i would like that, as long as population contributed to the defense of the village, and losing villagers in raids or training mission defense actually had a consequence

I've always thought so, would like to try modding into Bannerlord.

Would culture and religion being added also be a good feature? Im basically thinking adding in victoria 2's pop system

maybe, defections should definitely be more logical, with lords preferring factions of similar cultures or religions to theirs

It should actually be the case in the game that professional standing armies and garrisons aren't very big, but you can call on peasant levies that need to go back to their villages by harvesting season if you want to be able to feed your kingdom. It's kinda silly how you can currently just recruit huge amounts of troops, train them to elite and then stack them in garrisons and not have to worry about food or morale. Those garrisons should need proportional amounts of food, which may be in short supply if all the able-bodied men of your kingdom are sitting around in garrisons instead of farming.

thats racist

Has anyone else here tried Sayazn? It's kinda buggy and requires further polishing but I think the concept and setting are really neat and it has gunz which are always fun.

I do not think so.
I would much more prefer if vassals of vassals system where lords also have their own attenmdats and little vassals plus much more stronger family bonds.

VC actually has a pretty good system like that, with the professional men being few and far between and most of the armies comprising of lower tiers, there's even a levy mechanic

Why would you post this awful drawing

youre a cool dude
whats your prognosis on PTI?

u wot m8

>be jacuck
>be lazy nigger
>never finish sayazn
was it low IQ ?

it's still unplayably buggy, may as well stick with WFAS

Well, I was supposed to start on it last weekend and now it's Thursday and I haven't done shit. Part of that is that I got fucking sick, of course that happens after I've already taken leave that isn't my hundreds of hours of sick leave that I never make use of. Other part is that I'm struggling to settle on some of the low-level stuff like what kind of data structure implementation will be good for storing all the individual troops. Also I'm just procrastinating like a lazy fuck, haven't had some proper time off in ages and it's nice to just sit around doing nothing.

I'll get there though. It'll help that the fiance is going away for the long weekend so I'll be 100% by myself all that time.

feels bad man.
rude

Any good submods for VC? Or is user's VC still the best one.

god bless you, user.
>fiance going away the whole weekend
>good thing
pick one
i wish i has a fiance ;_;

One day user, one day. Really though, when you've already been living together for 6 years, a weekend alone now and then is great.

So I've played a shitload of 1257 but I still cannot understand what the fuck was whoever made the mod thinking when they decided that completely disabling ranged attackers was unironically a good idea.

it was to "fix" defenders swapping to melee too early, so instead defenders never swap from ranged and attackers are fucked up

why not just play Reckoning?

Damn I completely forgot about that even though it happens in every siege, ranged defenders shooting their xbows point blank instead of swapping to melee is also retarded.
Not to mention all the stupid pathfinding in most siege scenes