/ggg/ - Guilty Gear General

Tiny Ram edition

Previous thread: Beginner's Guide: docs.zoho.com/writer/published/3s2nhd0dcc35f4f504b4f91707d369ee87b9f

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/guilty_gear

Make lobbies, have fun. When making a lobby, please mention region, platform, and how long you plan on keeping it open. And don't play on wifi.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0JhpN1Sc-v4
dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Guilty_Gear_Xrd_REV_2
youtube.com/watch?v=xL7n3sF7sX0
youtube.com/watch?v=MTtUNjNIXKA
streamable.com/qc2gi
m.youtube.com/watch?v=EDoXWsbJGeE
youtube.com/watch?v=okQIIo4cBpY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Im suck

Reminder to mash responsibly.

youtube.com/watch?v=0JhpN1Sc-v4

this game is too hard to play

I love Elphelt!

A happy Ram is a good Ram.

no i do

git gud

dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Guilty_Gear_Xrd_REV_2

I wish there was a trashcan pose somewhere

What's you go-to song when you need to get hype in a match, /ggg/?

youtube.com/watch?v=xL7n3sF7sX0

DUDE METAL

If you don't like metal, you're playing the wrong game nigga

Getting hype makes me play worse so I avoid it.

Why would people say Jam is Unga? That character is the epitome of mediocre.

Psn wc anyone

Lobby id: 8hjj

ñami ñami

>need to upgrade CPU to play the game
>going to have to change motherboard and RAM too
>looking at g4560, expensive but should run the game nicely
>kaby lake and ryzen don't support W7
>don't want to switch to W10
>i3 6100 seems to have similar performance to the g4560 but costs more than a 100 euros while the g4560 costs around 80
>can't afford either of them if I add mobo+RAM costs
>could buy it on PS3 but most of the playerbase is on PC
I should just forget about this game, I am never going to play it.

>g4560
>expensive
It's like $70-90

>most of the playerbase is on PC
who keeps forcing this meme besides europeons? GG has had a better scene on PSN since day one of sign and it's always going to be this way

inb4 /v/ros upset people play games on the Tournament Standard console

Heavy Day

Reminder to ignore and report shitposts.

Expensive for me, and 80 euros are slightly more than 90 dollars.
I'm from the EU and I always heard that most of the playerbase is on PC here.

ThisJust grab it on PS3.

we get it, your device is cheaper and has basically no variance in performance

This is true. I regularly see tournament players on PSN like Zong-One and Lord Pang Tong. PC is mostly for the shitters that don't attend tournaments.

As I've said, I always heard that here in the EU most of the players are on PC, but you guys say that's not true, so I'm not sure anymore. There's a problemas even if I were to get it on PS3, I need to but another controller since my DS3 is kinda busted, and even if it wasn't I wouldn't feel comfortable using it to play, so I'd have to buy a fightpad or a stick, but I think I can afford that, although I'd really prefer to play on a keyboard.

I don't know, I don't feel like getting it on PS3, I think I'll just stay here bumping the thread when it reaches page ten.

In my experiences, PS4 and PC have healthy enough playerbases in both US and EU that you'll be able to find matches without much issue during prime time in each region, or via a lobby made here.

the ps3 version takes longer to load anyway. you can tell when someone is on the ps3 version via crossplay because it takes several seconds longer to get past the character vs screen.

>practice for 6 hours
>do matches against friend
>lose every set except for like 2
>my mic is muted, heavy sighing and punching myself in the head
>"T-this is my last match I think today" broken as fuck but try and sound normal
>"Wow man good job you're playing way better today"
>close out of the game and feel like crying

I hate that I feel like I'm just never getting better. I fucking hate it so much.

The worst parte is when someone gives you a conpliment but it feels like an insult instead.

Don't look measure your wins and losses and use that to look for improvement especially if you're playing someone above your level, focus on the things that are happening in the matches. If someone is telling you you're playing better they probably mean it.

You can't let doubt and frustration get a hold of you while playing user or it'll just spiral out of control, then you'll want to give up on getting better and stop playing all together.

>tfw that happened with every other multiplayer game I've ever played
>tfw I know it's going to happen with this one too, the only question is when
Heh.

I hope "punching myself in the head" is a figure of speech

Not him but I sometimes I do get so angry that I start to hurt myself, but it's usually by punching the wall.

Is this you?
youtube.com/watch?v=MTtUNjNIXKA

>He doesn't punch himself in the head.

Please don't punch the wall, get a stress ball

>tfw you work a late job and are always getting home just a bit after the EC lobby closes

You can make your own and announce it here, there are a bunch of people who hang around playing after that lobby closes.

How can I be doing better if I'm losing? Whats the point if I just keep losing? The reason I was getting frustrated is that I didn't feel like I had any teeth in the match. Even if the games ended with close HP I never felt like he was powerless and I was oppressive. It was just me getting punished and knocked down and every so often getting hits in. Whenever I'd be winning I'd immediately lose all the ground I had just gained within seconds. I know I shouldn't be looking at HP but I hate when I give up ground in a match. I don't feel happy when I win unless I could feel that he couldn't do anything. I love dominating in matches where its competitive still.

No, I'm not a kid, not in body, atleast.
That might not be a bad idea. Though to be honest I have not punched the wall in months, I haven't gotten angry to that point either, maybe it's because last time I did it it hurt a lot and I couldn't open and close my right hand without it hurting, lasted for a week.

You could end up damaging the wall if you do that which is fucking retarded. I prefer punching my head or my legs because it still hurts but its nothing that won't pass in a day or two.

How is a stress ball even the same thing? Its a combination of physical release and self harm because you made mistakes and those are bad.

While you're right it's not the same thing, it's a better outlet for your frustration than physically harming yourself or risking punching a hole in your wall. Which you'll have to pay to get fixed

I got this on the character selector. Bedman kinda sucks in this version so I think I'll go with Chipp instead.

The quiz is LAW user. If you don't play the character it assigns you you'll be exiled from /ggg/ and never allowed in any of our lobbies. You can't just play the character you like, what are you crazy?

bedmans still a strong character, and the quiz just gives you what it thinks you will like to play the most from your answers. quiz is also for losers

Impossible, the wall is too tough and I'm weak, I'd break my hand first before managing to do any actual damage to it.

I like chipp but I'm also an aquarius and my element is air but my spirit animal is the deer

>i love dominating in matches
well this is a game where you can do that, you just have to get good first

don't reply to sad autist posters/bait

OK I won't.

Honestly people complaining about being bad at the game is par for the course in a general about a competitive videogame, you just have to learn to ignore it.

Who are you playing? what are you playing against?

give me a cool chipp picture so I can use it as my avatar on discord

No.

I'm stealing this picture

Find your own or go into the figure mode and make your own pic.

Anyone up for an EU PC lobby?

>tfw nobody wants to play GG at 8-9 AM

Make a lobby.

Done

x56j

Platform?

PC

ye

Oh, Faust is so cute...

I think Dizzy is cuter

This I-no combo has a ~D after the HCL ender

HCL ~D

what does that mean

streamable.com/qc2gi

Maybe it's for the follow-up to HCL?

Dust

What's the point of the dust?

That was it

Thanks!

Just fucking do it goy.

Strong EU hours

the D is to show when she recovers, because that is important to show as ino since you wanna be able to know if you can setup note oki or not.

its easy to show with dust because of the flash

Why post this bullshit?

So why is it okay for Johnny to have un ending pressure with lvl 3 mistfiner and mistfiner cancels

These are some brutal EU hours.

I need to chill during a match or ill do but i punch my leg so i listen to m.youtube.com/watch?v=EDoXWsbJGeE

Ramlethal (me) vs May (my friend) I don't know what sorts of tips would help me other than just "play better". All I can tell you is that its extremely painful to try and apply pressure because he punishes me with dolphins and his heavy anchor swings but if I don't apply pressure he is free to set up and rape me. It might not be the best match-up environment for learning I guess because May is... Not the easiest character to calmly play against. My other friend plays Leo and Raven though so I'd rather fight May for practice sparing because I get fucking wrecked by His Raven and Leo unless I'm specifically just meming them with overly defensive keep-away style play. Its hard to focus on practicing even when you know that you're just doing sparing because no one likes getting raped. If you're trying to practice something you aren't good at getting raped is unavoidable though. Its a vicious cycle of being mad at yourself for not being good and being mad at yourself for getting raped when your trying to get better. I'm just being a whiney bitch though, being aware of it doesn't make it any better. This is the first game I've actually tried to practice and get better at though.

Post recordings of your replays on the ram discord or maybe here?some other user asked if thatd be cool and people said theyd look at them.

What a pervert.

cool

Have you been going to your locals /ggg/, or do you not have any?

>locals in bumfuck Nebraska
I wish

I don't know if there are any but I wouldn't go anyway.

I miss my local scene. I ran one myself back in the AC+ days.

The locals are in the bay area in norcal we're looking at 160 miles to get there. I'm not even sure if my car would be able to handle that drive.

I don't have a local because it's all smash and pokken. Jive died here and I think some people are still trying to play SFIV but it's pretty dead unless I wanted to waste a ton of money on tolls and bridges to go into the city.

also heavy traffic because it's the bay area and shit parking that's expensive and hard to find.

>10

Awe of She

>not being warm in the day time
>not being cool in the night time
It's like you guys don't even want to lose your mind.
youtube.com/watch?v=okQIIo4cBpY

boobeh

Page 10 again.

I might try to ask around if anyone even plays fighting games in my area and try to set up something. I'd really like to play locally, could be worth the effort if I manage to find even one player.

If i got +R on steam would anyone here play it with me?

+r has bad netcode so it's not really recommended unless you know people close and even then it's eh

Ah thats rough i wanted to go back and play the old characters not in revelator. Also,i enjoyed going back and trying 3s while i was playing 4

Christ today is a slow day.