Ah fierce pagan warriors. Right?

Ah fierce pagan warriors. Right?

Oh wait Harald Bluetooth, Harald Hadrada, Sweyn Forkbeard, Hakon the Good were christians. Was there any pagan norse leader who achieved anything?

It still blows my mind how They had ships despite being savages

Why do people this retarded come to a history board?

Ragnar? Erik the Red? Haradrade?

Harambe?

Not this shit again. Don't bait that faggot back in here.

Ragnar didn't exist.

A lot of scholars believe he did, although some argue he is the combination of several leaders, or at least he didn't achieve everything that is told about him.

A lot of scholars believe holocaust happened that doesn't fucking mean it's true. Ragnar is a fairy tale like Santa Claus, king Arthur, Hercules or finnish social life.

>A lot of Scholars believe the holocaust happened that doesn't fucking mean it's true.
Let me stop you right there, there is evidence supporting both Ragnar and The Holocaust

Harald Hårfagre fåvæ

ayyy Harald fairhair?

All of this viking bullshit revisionism is done by fat neckbeard atheist nerds. They're like guys who think samurais and katanas are the best thing that ever happened. Thankfully we don't have that many any more but the viking ones are still around.

Ragnar did the holocaust.

exactly friendo, he really showed the world what the white race was about

Weren't the guys that established Danelaw in England pagans?

They were muslims.

Your autism hurts, friend.

Björn Ironside and Ubba?

>Was there any pagan leader who achieved anything?
FTFY

Rollo harassed and raided France so much that the king of France gave him Normandy under the condition that he converted to Christianity. Some sources say that there were human sacrifices at his funeral.

>Ancient Greeks
>Ancient Persians
>Romans
>Babylonians
>Ancient Egyptians
>Chinese
>Indians
>Phoenicians

Nah, can't think of anything.

>>Ancient Greeks, Persians, Babylonians, Egyptians, Romans
They took their achievements from the same place christians did: ancient Israel.
Also Rome didn't even reach its full civilisational potential until it became Christian.

bon meme, mon ami.

>Also Rome didn't even reach its full civilisational potential until it became Christian.

Allowing humanities on this board was a mistake.

Leif Erikson?

>Also Rome didn't even reach its full civilisational potential until it became Christian.

rome wasn't Christian until the 4th century, and by that time it had enjoyed over 300 years of pax romana

t. riven main

Why was it called Danelaw if they were from Sweden then?

Because history attracts a disproportionate number of retards. This board is visited by some of the most retarded people browsing Veeky Forums.

Absolute madman.

Danes btw came originally from Skåne region in southern sweden. Their invasion to Jutland might even have at least partially triggered the Jutes and Angles migrating to Great Britain.

this shit was done in the 19th century

All Christians (you can probably discuss how devout they were, but they were certainly not strong, independent pagans who didn't need no priest).

Odin

So I never visit Veeky Forums but I saw a picture of a longship and I had to check it out, beeing Norwegian and all. If this is the level of discussion you usually have then I suggest this board be terminated.

Have a nice day.

Ubba wasn't even Norse but Frisian. Probably christian too.

>A lot of scholars believe holocaust happened that doesn't fucking mean it's true.
You're literally fucking retarded

Well to be fair, the Norse in the per-Christan era were not really interested in territorial expansion, other than a bit of dabbling in Ireland and northern Britain. In general, the just wanted to grab some shit and fuck off back home.

Rollo was pagan when he conquered Normandy though, he only converted after the fact. However, he did sacrifice 40 servants to Oðinn when he was on his deathbed.

The Great Heathen Army?

This just happened.

Fairhair was definitely a pagan