/fg/ - Falcom General #99

Previous thread: >Trails of Cold Steel PC out now:

store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the
humblebundle.com/store/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- Ys VIII released, but PC release date delayed due to issues with the port: steamcommunity.com/app/579180/discussions/0/1484356232247880393/

- Sen III trailer has been subbed: youtube.com/watch?v=QGfoGCWHLgI

- The trailer for Sen III is out: youtube.com/watch?v=fr-8b6S6HOQ

- Trails of Cold Steel III's on track for Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive. News/article translations: gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii

- Short CS3 TV ad: youtube.com/watch?v=NYaV_GNqyCo

- Ys Seven is out on PC: store.steampowered.com/app/587100/Ys_SEVEN/
gog.com/game/ys_seven

- Zwei II coming to PC via XSEED (Summer), preview stream: youtube.com/watch?v=3gVOBPNrNgU

- Tokyo Xanadu out on Vita, improved EX+ version on PS4/PC scheduled for late 2017

- Cold Steel 2 confirmed for PC, release date pending
twitter.com/xseedgames/status/850395724223098880

>Older news

- Check out these Trails FC & SC updates, re: translation improvements (xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization)

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Extra Stuff (Guides, links, CS undub): pastebin.com/n2G4xL5s

Other urls found in this thread:

tieba.baidu.com/p/5340006334?pn=145
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Has any church member done anything in cs3 yet?

Just skim through a bit of the spoilers, so it's near the end but nothing about any of the Septerrion got revealed yet?

Rean best waifu

What's the best moment of the game so far and why is it the Steel + her fangirls boss fight?

So apparently Campanella has been active since ages ago, but Ouroboros itself, has been formed only around 19 years ago.

well he is a “bell”

Tonatiuh is name of sept-terrion
>why i believe it?

Mind you, this is unconfirmed if true or not.

Who said "I'm so sorry Rean"?

literally my wife

>C is crow
lmao
I feel like this would shock or impact me if it was not an outsider that joined so late and saw no real bonding in the writing.

But G

But the writing literally says tht before you knew it it's like he'd been in class vii forever and everyone is best friends. The real shock is you actually have to spend next game chasing him just so he can die(?) in your arms after having literally accomplished nothing

Did the chink say when he's continuing?

8 hours~

>But the writing literally says tht before you knew it it's like he'd been in class vii forever and everyone is best friends.
The writers can make that proclamation but they did nothing else to make the player believe it.
Show, don't tell.

Has to sleep as well, eh? I crave for more. Already having withdrawal effects

dude was at it for like 20 hours, I still want more tho, he'll finish it tomorrow at least

Aurelia

I know user, I was trying to be sarcastic. CS was absolutely terrible in that aspect.

I want to send teenage Renne to paradise!

So who is The Fifth Anguis anyway? Im tired of gussing but I dont think it will be Gaius‘s teacher who didnt show up yet .It should be someone everyone knows at the very least

>Show, don't tell.
first week in film school?

Towa

Final few chapters may be longer than you think.

She is not old yet

Don't he just got Chap 5 + epilogue?

Shouldn't take too long if he pulls another 20 hour stream

>nu Falcom can't even do what a kid on his first week in film school can
Damn

I mean it sounds trivial, but "show don't tell" is a common adage in writing, film, tv, and pretty much every other form of media. As much as I love Kiseki, there's been a lot of telling over showing in the past few games, especially with character development.

Ah sorry. My sarcasm is all out after forcing myself through huge chunks of this game.

Trails of flashbacks

Was the stuff about Juna and Kurt love story a ruse?

Coldsteel is really REALLY bad at that.
Who knew all those timeskips and optional uncanon bonding events would drag down good writing?

They heard you asking for show not tell so they added illustrated tragic backstories for everyone.

They're a couple

When will Tita get into Agate's pants

I have a feeling the game will end without giving Rean a clear love interest like Lloyd.
That or they are gonna force that role on Altina with how much they are pushing her.

Are they casually drinking rectified spirit?

He's still in chapter 4 actually.

Where is this wild ride taking us guys? How did we get on Kondo's wild ride and will we actually get off?

Sen III ost when? I'd appreciate download or youtube links. Particularly interested in ouroboros battle theme.

>Clear love interest like Lloyd

Look, i love Elie + Lloyd, but even i know it's not canon, since it's an optional event. What is canon, is the fact that both are interested in each other, and she's the only one who can win in events.

No thanks to that stupid ass long dungeon. Fuck whoever designed that shit. That did not need to be 3 floors long.

I meant Lloyd don't have one either.

Don't lie to me user

Feels like this game evened the odds by a fair bit. Like Rean barely spends any time with Alisa unlike the first two games.

The bonding events are especially bad. Not only are they not canon (meaning its hard to say if they're relevant), it seems like Falcom just decided to lock the character development behind them and call it a day.

So many characters feel like they're barely a step above NPC's as a result. It was kind of hard to even care about their respective character arcs. Not to mention the fact that a ton of the events seem to spend half their time being about Rean and embellishing how great he is or some dating sim garbage. Really wish we didn't have these events and that we also had one canon romance instead of this harem thing going on.

There's gonna be another "dance scene" where Rean picks his final cocksleeve.

Which chapter is Leta on now?

Tieba is ahead of the streamer for now.

link?

>Alfin and Elise just standing around

This game is probably better in context, but these loose spoilers make it sound pretty fucking retarded.

>Juna and Kurt
Nice

>Not making Kurt and Juna dance in swimsuit
Wasted potential.

not sure the poster will post more or not though
tieba.baidu.com/p/5340006334?pn=145

>used goods for Kurt

>blue jusis won
Now all I need is to see is Literal Jusis to step up his game and win his bowl.

kurt and juna otpppp

That's all they deserve.

There is no girl yet worthy of Yellow Jusis.

why the fuck is no wondering where angalic is and also thats the lazy teacher

Whos Machias dancng with?

What did he mean by this?

I'm assuming you get to choose who to dance with? I really hope it just forces you to take Alisa so we can be done with the harem, but that's highly unlikely.

Do you pick someone for this part?

Any reason why he picked the stupid blonde? He shouldn't have shitaste.

>forces you to take Alisa
I hate harems but I hate this even more.

So do we have a shot at getting this in the west?

If it's Emma I'm going to be so happy

I watched the stream and yeah the events were played really well, most of the important ones however the school part, bonding, etc remain the same with characters that join and left for a dungeon or two.

Seen like Emma

yes.

All the other games came out, I don't see why it wouldn't.

The poster said he had Juna max bond but get alisa instead. Might be forced

I don't dislike harems and specially don't when they left me pick instead of forcing me shits like her

Kondo's wild ride will never end because Falcom will go bankrupt before the story ends due to rising videogame costs

>Double cucked
Poor streamer Juna a shit, why choose her

>Juna/Kurt is really happening
We won guys.

I prefer Juna with Kurt but I hate Alisa so I'll just hope he had her max too and she got priority or something.

>Juna
No wonder he didn't dance with her.

I think they made money off most games they release in the pass year.

>put haremshit in the main game with the hugs/hand holding and Claire/Sara kissing Rean on the cheek
>force Alisa in dance scene
Make up your fucking mind Falcom

>We won guys
No, we lost. Juna is a literally retard. She placed the lowest in her class on the national exams.

Would Aurelia choose chocolate or vanilla?

The reason why Osborne is still alive despite being shot:
黎恩的心脏是宰相移植自己的,他中枪没死也是这个原因

>this party
I don't even

I didn't learn japanese so you'd throw chinese at me.

That was the streamers fault for rushing and not knowinf the answers

Rean confirmed to die at the end of Sen III.

I'd take Claire, Agate and Olivier.

Osborne transplanted his own heart into Rean when he was young. Osborne is heartless.

Ha, that was another theory wasn't it? The fact that Osborne actually has no heart because he put his own into Rean's body.

>the heart theory is true
What the fuck is Osborne?

TitaxAgate is gonna happen or the "change in their relationship" was another of Kondo lies.

deniers btfo