/VRCG/ Virtual Reality Chat General

Party in the House Tonight Edition

>What is VRChat?
Right now it is on of the most popular VR applications around the market , it is free and even includes a desktop version althought you are limited ( since it was designed around VR ) , you get to hand out with a lot of people and their avatars , in short , a cool thing to spend your evenings talking with people and doing fun stuff.

>Why the fuck would I play that?
Because you can be any avatar you can import and upload. Including being the cute anime girl/guy, or a character from a game, or literally anything you can model and rig up , plus add even more people to it and think about all the awesome stuff you can do , do remember to get a VR set to enjoy it fully.

>I don't want to be the anime girl
You can also make pretty much any level you can think of. Examples include: the fucking moon, ripped .hack worlds, trippy hangouts, expensive penthouse pools, clubs, MMD dance stages, etc , even a military kinda setting if you are up to it.

>Where do I get it?
store.steampowered.com/app/438100/VRChat/

>Do I need a VR headset?
No, you can play on desktop. But, obviously, the full experience is had with a Vive/Rift/whatever. Anything that works with SteamVR/OpenVR will work fine.

TUTORIALS:
docs.vrchat.com/docs/getting-started

You can also join the VRChat discord at /DwHCC2f , wait some time and you can ente rthe section of "tutorials" , a lot of guys are there to help you get started with everything.

Pastebin will come up soon

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XH-I5872Qko
docs.vrchat.com/docs/avatars
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for multi-track piggyback rides

Apparently iris_ai is famous now. People keep coming up to her in-game and saying "its the little girl from YouTube!"

Well she is a cutie

Can I Jerry rig my psvr to work with my PC?

You guys should absolutely figure out something you can post about while the general is still getting off the ground. I'm sure there is a lot of interest here but you gotta post something to keep it afloat.

Yep! There's a user named jazneo in the VRChat discord that has done exactly that.

Yeah.. that's definitely on us. Many of us are at work or at school at the moment, so this is kind of a dead time.

youtube.com/watch?v=XH-I5872Qko

I need to start recording as a habit and cut out the good bits for YouTube. The weekend tends to be a lot more active.

VRChat is pretty much headpat simulator if you have an anime avatar, lol

Hell we need some sort of "show" or just a group of the most autistis weebs we have to go full podcast mode .

i have already been planning to get a vr for tilt brush, now im definitely getting one. i want to try dipping my toes before i shell out on a proper vr machine though. which one is the cheapest of them all?

You guys should do something worth posting about, don't just dump images (do that if you have to bump though) and don't spend too much time on something big like show or podcast, its a Veeky Forums general after all.
Are there really not enough things within the game to ask questions or have a discussion about? You gotta have something.

Gotcha

We have a buyfag guide coming up that I will slap in our pastebin

Heaven is a place in VR

I mean... the game is a social application. There's not exactly game mechanics to discuss.

However, there's a lot of discussion about creating content for the game going on. The latest meme in VRChat development for avatars, at least, is reducing draw calls-- it turns out that the game is heavily CPU bound, so reducing CPU calls is super important. One of the biggest enemies right now is Dynamic Bone, a Unity asset that allows non-Mechanim bones to have physics. It destroys CPU. There was some discussion about using Unity's physics joints today, but I dunno how effective that's gonna be.

Cheapest? If you're looking to get into VR, you're looking at a minimum investment of about $1000 for a decent computer to drive the headset, and anywhere between 400-600 for the headset depending on what you order.

Quite fun to think about it , the guys that jumped all on the train were weebs at the start , it does appeal to us a lot so yeah.

>just a group of the most autistis weebs we have to go full podcast mode .
funny you mention that

?

I don't have a vr headset yet but holy shit the content coming out of this game is hilarious. I hope it doesn't turn into a second second-life where everything is a clique. Also needs more giant anime tiddies but I'm sure they'll come in time.

There's definitely "circles" of friends that you can pick out, but people are pretty welcoming. There's a lot of people in the community familiar with how these sorts of places work out, and are trying to keep people's minds open

Meh if we keep an okay community , but we are weebs , a lot of us do come from their jobs with nowhere to go so they just want to spend time away from everything , but the other normies will probably keep it stable.

Regarding anime tiddies , someone already used jiggle physics on a Mercy Avatar and someone else also did it on their bikini Miku , you just need to be skilled with the tools.

i have access to PCs which i think are powerful enough to handle some games. i just want to try it out before actually committing into the meme for real. don't we have some nigger rigged vr headset that costs 200 or something?

There's definitely some jank-ass setups that people use involving stuff like old DK2s, NoloVR, etc

>anons on voice changers having virtual sex
i-i can see it..... the future
on that note are nsfw model allowed?

Private room , in Hubs mods will kick you out.

I want to start making avatars for this. Where do I start? I've dabbled in Blender before, do I have to simply learn 3D modeling and rigging etc?

docs.vrchat.com/docs/avatars

Here you go bud

Thanks dood, seems like there's a lot of learning ahead

But all so you can go and join them! Do it user !

You can import NSFW stuff but keep it low-key. Do NOT wear it in public rooms or you'll catch a kick or ban really quick.

The rules are pretty clear and well-enforced for public areas. You can do basically anything you want in private areas, though.

holy fuck this is a good one

I swear I have seen that dude so many times

nixie's a cool guy. i hear he still plays pokemon go though

Nah I mean he actually has good taste , I will never get to hold hands with his Avatar , god fucking damn it man .

Saw a video with him somewhere and I swear he does sound like the kind of dude I would love to chat with for hours and hours , I don't know why he just sounds and acts like the most friendly person so far in the videos that I saw that include him.

Seriously, join in and start talking to people you find interesting. People aren't gonna give you shit or call you out if you just wanna chat. In fact, VR is apparently pretty good therapy for a lot of people with various social anxiety issues.

We're nice, I swear

This seems really fucking cool, is it like an Oasis from RPO kind of thing?

That was literally the inspiration for VRChat, I think. Or at least a heavy contributor.

>want to talk
>absolute dogshit at spoken english

eh, its ok. We have a lot of users from all over the place, most of who don't have english as their first language.

There's also a huge Japanese community that we english speakers try to communicate with, and they try their best to communicate back. Google Translate is a vital tool, lol

That got me intrested, how close can you get to sign language in this game, or set up a literal sign a la Looney Tunes' coyote that will have fucking emoticons or something drawn on it that you can change with a button press.

I am in the military user , I know I have some more months infrount of me before I become a translator and get money to buy a VR , but if you see Nixie tell him I said hi.

I even used my weekly Internet to speak here , tomorrow I will be back home , hopefully I will be able to one day , just one day .

Pretty close. There's a user named Mimi who signs using a modified ASL.

I do think you can get a sign up , just need to make it and write on it. And sign language , maybe , just do it slowly.

At least post pictures of your adventures or something! Page 10!

God damn it everyone is sleeping or playing the game!

Yeah one of the issues is that people spend a ton of their time in the game if they enjoy it, and since its VR, you can't exactly tab back to Veeky Forums every few minutes to shitpost

Compat!

Remember to kiss the meme girls.

I cant believe no one has posted any videos of anons having an orgy yet

No lewding !

Do not lewd the cute anime girls