>Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news

>Latest ESO Live
twitch
tv/bethesda

>Latest patch notes:
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Builds and Guides
docs.google.com/document/d/1WsLK2mOCvIePLUxW_X7CPa7uT072x3FJEzY7yyN1hXA/edit [Guide for the Recently Started and People Who Haven't Been Back Since Before One Tamriel]
pastebin.com/Y9vRAcwm - Alcast/Deltia Guides

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
eso-rp.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/
tamrieltradecentre.com/
en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor

>Making gold
youtube.com/watch?v=4i9gzyTCqIY

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] mail (not whisper) @Foskl or @Zrifalas for invite
[PC EU] mail (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[PS4 EU] message PSN: RumpRustler for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite
Alternatively, write your @username, platform and location in the thread

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Discord:
discord.gg/ffn6JqN

>Is the game worth playing?
Our general is usually on life support because we're all too busy with actually playing. Yes. You've found one of the best generals in existence.

Other urls found in this thread:

dlgamer.com/us/search?keywords=the elder scrolls online
g2a
kinguin
youtube.com/watch?v=BLZzGoPp9Ug
youtube.com/watch?v=vQz8iZ9ot1I
youtube.com/watch?v=xxijSvZcjVM
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/373598/what-did-you-get-in-the-crown-crates-this-season#latest
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Which edition should I get?
Gold if you don't plan to subscribe, Tamriel Unlimited if you're subbing right out of the gate. Subbing is totally optional, with its largest benefits being access to all DLC (but NOT "chapters," of which Morrowind is currently the only one), cash shop currency upon sub start/renewal, and the Craft Bag, which is shared between all your characters on a megaserver and holds all crafting materials, potentially freeing up a lot of space.

>Do I need Morrowind?
If you REALLY wanna go to Vvardenfell, play a Warden, or engage in the new PvP mode (Battlegrounds -- not the same as WoW's), yes. But there's a TON to do without it.

>Which faction should I choose?
Daggerfall Covenant: Most generic-fantasy faction. Humans and Orcs. Forests, haunted crags, and desert. Literally everyone who plays loves the leader.
Aldmeri Dominion: Elves and cats. Forests, forests, grassland, and savannah. Leader just wants everyone to get along. Under her rule.
Ebonheart Pact: Variety. Drunken vikings, Dark Elves, and lizards. Snow, volcanoes, and swampland. Leader has fuck all to do with most of the story. Probably too busy drinking.

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.com/us/search?keywords=the elder scrolls online (official reseller)
>======
There's been talk of stolen credit cards being used to buy keys, but a lot of people still get it through one of the following and have no problems:
>======
g2a
com/?search=elder%20scrolls%20online
>======
kinguin
net/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=elder+scrolls+online (consensus suggests this is the least trustworthy)
>======
Of course there's always the main site and Steam. We do not suggest Steam, as it complicates installation (apparently people are having to download the game twice, and it's gigantic already) and, in theory, access, if the Steam servers go down. Maybe if their price is good enough.

>What is animation canceling? Is it worth learning?
youtube.com/watch?v=BLZzGoPp9Ug

except i don't know how the fucking got through

3rd for if your character's aren't muscle mommies/daddies you have awful taste.

guar gf

altmer aren't meant to be beefy, and only plebs play the lesser races

hello is this /VeryAliveCommunity/?

>playing twinks

max height max muscle 24/7

i hate eso altmer so much. at the risk of sounding racist, they need to be like our own asian races in that they should look not completely human. the elongated and hairless faces they had in TES IV was the very best they looked, fuck the mannish ones we have right now

Use your imagination

Just make sure it's not something where people solicit you for ERP.

I thought I was safe with mine.

What 3 items you could pickpocket from an NPC would have the worst implications?

Wasn't your leader Foskl?

ARE WE FUCKING TRIALING THIS WEEKEND FUCK

We can do it today, bb.

Has anyone found what the last dye slot does on the cinder mask? I was hoping it'd change the eye color but it doesn't seem to do shit. Trying to go for maximum edge on my magblade wearing the plague doctor outfit and cinder mask.

birb.jpg

>toxin doctor costume isn't available

This is bullshit

>after 10 000 crowns I am finally free

youtube.com/watch?v=vQz8iZ9ot1I

>mfw the Clockwork City on the pts
So who was drunk this time, because whoever wrote this really did whatever the fuck they wanted.

I'll probably try to do the same, gotta wait a couple weeks for esp+ to renew, then get 15 crates. Kind of want the kagouti too, so hopefully I get lucky.

Am I alone in thinking that most of DK's skills are ugly? Magma armor, hardened armor, dragon blood. None of them are nice to look at and feel like they're trying to hard to be cool.

DUDE

SPIKES

LMAO

My big problem is how they interact. especially dragon blood and Hardened armor.

You look like some kind of discount Atronach.

hm

What's the difference between the standard target skeleton and the robust one?

I think it's basically HP.

I think robust ones are meant to represent Dungeon enemies or something.

>Maximum edge
>Not using the skull mask

Assassinations:
>You have 2 minutes to escape after the target is dead.
>Being spotted 5 times fails the bonus
>You can use invisibility to slip past anyone except the occasional roving guard.
>You can kill anyone else with the Blade of Woe without alerting them.
>You have two objectives to travel to.

Heists:
>You have 7 minutes if you don't get spotted.
>Being spotted knocks a minute off your timer
>9/10 NPCs dispel invisibility.
>Killing anyone, even with the Blade of Woe, counts as being spotted.
>Fucking traps that dispel invisiblity fucking everywhere
>You have to steal 7 things scattered across the entire area.

There hasn't been a good Thieves Guild since Oblivion. Fuck off.

Git gud
t. Khajiit nightblade.

But seriously, that does kind of suck.

what

What would tesog rate the hardest class to run vma on? I thought it stamdk but it seems bretty easy rn

what trait do you want for a bow? some people told me infused instead of sharpened/precise

Stamina Templar probably.

Dont make fun of my dakimura

So, I think I hate tanking in this game. How bad are DPS queues?

Does anyone know when the Reaper's Harvest crates will be over? I don't want any skelly shit. I just want that Cold Flame Atronach Wolf.

woop woop, just what I wanted

So I just bought the game and made a lizard templar cuz I want to heal. Any tips for noob?

Stop following every guide online and just have fun ;)

Start with analysing taits asap. Whther on lain or a decicated craft does not matter but do it all on one char because motifs aren't shared between chars and research takes 5evr. Healing staff normal attacks still deal damage, do not point it at guards. If you're in a guild ask someone to make you low level set armor for a healer, early game mats are abundant and you can get some advice that way too. Use a food or drink buff. They last for at least 30 minutes and are FREE stats.

15 min on average i guess

Just do whatever and enjoy questing/exploring. It sounds a like a meme, but you can basically do whatever you find fun.

I know its lizard ERP you slut.

I know Woeler isn't the end all be all resource for tanking, but just curious about his decision to run Crusher enchant on both bars.
I know that you can't proc while it's still active so would I be better off running weakenening on back bar or is the 2 crusher needed to get as close to 100% uptime?
I am barely on my backbar for long, just for some chains and warhorn mostly so I would barely hit that enchant anyway just wondering about my options.

Probably December or January

>Tfw no frost draugr senche

Is a score of 469K alright for someone who hasn't done it on a stamdk?

kirkbride probably. he was brought in to do Sermon 37 among other things
>there are people who adamantly deny that he is the backbone of the series to the point of lying
why does he make skyrim and oblivion fans so angry

people that deny kirkbride being the main reason for the series' success is like saying that the alien movies would be good without hr giger

FUCK

I missed ESO live. Anyone want to give me a tl;dr?

He makes some good batshit insane lore, but I believe that Oblivion and Skyrim, aswell as eso demonstrate that he's not at all the only reason for the franchise's success. And that doesn't count those who like the older games aswell. That being said he's no small part of it it but not the sole reason by any means

What's the pillow? I need to make one.

reminder that we're using spoilers for actual clockwork city spoilers right now and don't want people mousing over them because they expect joking punctuation.

Because it's ludicrous to attribute everything to just him and him alone user. Kirkbride did some good world-building, but the bulk of the actual writing and interaction was done by other people, notably Douglass Goodall and Ken Rolston, the former even leaving Bethesda due to struggling to reconcile his differences with the latter. In an interview about writing the game Goodall even names like.. literally everyone with a writing credit -except- MK for dialog and quests and what they're responsible for.

>Giving credit where it is due, as best as I remember: Ken Rolston did the Main Quest, the Imperial Cult (which I wanted to save for an expansion, since I didn't feel we had time to do it justice--it turned out much better than I expected), and a couple of random things here and there. Mark Nelson did most of the "non-faction" quests and encounters, including the vampires. Mark was also responsible for most of the humor in the game, such as Fargoth, Tarhiel, and The Lusty Argonian Maid. Todd Howard took over the Imperial Legion later on (when I was getting behind schedule, having way too many factions to deal with). Most of the quests were written and in the editor at that point, but he added a lot of details to the Imperial Legion. Bill Burcham helped a great deal with all of my quests, particularly testing. He put alot of details into his quests when he had the chance. The Fighter's Guild quest where Larienna helps you clear out the Dwemer ruin (Nchurdamz? Dwemer is hard to remember.) was one of his.

Be sure to thank Mark Nelson the next time you meme about Lust Argonian Maids.

i don't remember fargoth being particularly humorous. like at all. it was just a fan attachment

people who spout on about fargoth are tertiary fans. a player that only touches the game for an hour or so, so the only content they have to reference is in very early parts of the game. so, fargoth, mudcrabs or arrows to a knee.

>If it's good it has to be Kirkbride
stop

whens the next crown sale

not what i'm complaining about. it's that he still maintains a relationship with the series and developers to this day, his works past morrowind continuing to be sprinkled into official games yet some fans of the series will go berserk denying they have any sort of canonical significance.

youtube.com/watch?v=xxijSvZcjVM

Do dungeons ever get fun? I'm doing the low level ones and they just feel like mindless spamming and running.

Hello. Today was Darkshade Caverns II pledge day. Ofc Grobull was tue biggest problem for my group- not mechanicaly, somehow during the fight my fps falls to 2. Lowering video settings didn't help at all. What do?

just had one, maybe around november for black friday stuff

>the low level ones and they just feel like mindless spamming and running.
That is most content in this game really, what don't you enjoy about them?
Some have harder mechanics that you need to watch out for and the piles of mobs are fun to cut through.
Also I'm guessing you're talking about group dungeons not things like delves or public dungeons?

Spears when?

Seriously, with Morrowind, it's well past due.

murkmire. spears+shields is the signature weaponry of shellback armies

SUPERFLUOUS

>he can't summon his own spears
Plebian.

the ... engine can't handle it ... yeah

comfiest morrowind track
comfiest meme
comfiest general

You think you want otherwise but you don't. Once you start doing the harder veteran dungeons and you get stuck at a boss for 50 minutes because some fuckwit don't understand the mechanics you'll wish more dungeons were just mindless hack and slash.

Honestly don't know what to do if you did that.

Never. They'd have to make 50+ spear designs and add pages to old lore books.

I wish, but sadly: this, and that's what will halt any new weapons from ever being added to this game ever again.

Bullshit, in Auridon I was watching two guys outside the fighter's guild train with spears.

Nevermind what my Templar does.

>add pages to old lore books
Just add them to bow or shield pages. Those and daggers are the only ones that are single weapon knowledge.

Woodworking needs more items to be crafted. As it is it lags behind the other forms of crafting.

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/373598/what-did-you-get-in-the-crown-crates-this-season#latest
>That one person who bought 125 crown crates and didn't get a single ultra rare mount

Are epic mounts really that rare? I remember getting 2 Wild Hunt Guars from like 6 or so crates.

Zos'd

Got 2 mounts myself tonight, only time I've ever gotten a mount from a crate too, so getting 2 was a blessing

My brother bought me Morrowind on Amazon for my birthday tomorrow. It'll arrive on Saturday.

I'm excited, /tesog/.

If you had got a resplendent sweet roll form a crate would you cash it in for the 400 crown gems it gives or keep it and put it in your house? Personally I'm not sure why someone may opt to keep it but to each their own I guess.

Have fun user

convert it into gems and buy a mount or something, I hate housing so easy choice

There's 2% chance to get an apex mount, such as the wild hunt guar. However there's a few hidden mounts you can't buy for gems that's even rarer.

Sell it and use the gems to get a mount.

This is cute.

Two nix-oxen cleaning each other.

Cute. Cute!

k-kawaii...

Yeah, woodworking does need more shit, so if they did ever add spears, that would be nice.

As a side note, daggers are a 'single weapon' because they're with swords and maces in one-handed.

>no one's ever done a weird Dagger/shield combo

I guess there's a reason for that.

>blackheard the soulless pictured with their companion in chaos: Cutiemagpie the Birb.

>no one's ever done a weird Dagger/shield combo
Aren't all 1H weapons essentially the same for 1H/S?

yeah, that's true. Dual wield does have a few perks that depend on if you're using dagger, mace, and/or sword, but I think one-handed plus shield tends to focus heavily on the fact that you have the shield.

Also, one-handed skill-set when? I mean no new weapons would need to be added, just a new skill set for when you don't have something in the other hand.

Because dammit, I want my duelist.

When we get rapiers. So never.

ballz.

Come on, do we even need rapiers? Just let us use our single boarding swords, maces, or knives?

characters do it in cinematic.

Yes. Just yes.

So, question: what kind of skills and passives do you guys think would go with a spear skillset?

Shit-ping user here, is there anything I can do or playstyle I can leverage to minimise the ping fuckery? I currently run out of AoEs and get hit and other enjoyable stuff. ping ranges from low 300s up to unplayable highs. (Australia)

Make them unique in the way they're a two-hand weapon that you can use together with a shield. Passives should focus on extra range. When you use the spear alone, it uses the 2h passives, when you have a shield, the 1h and shield passives.