/tf2g/ Team Fortress 2 General

Old: >list of good comm. servers
teamfortress.tv/servers

>Tips and guides

Here's a tip for you impatient shitters: Quit asking and begging for the update to drop while ripping your hair out. It'll get here when it wants to get here. Wait it out, you dumb fuck

Blog: tf2.com
Wiki: wiki.tf
Class guides: pastebin.com/u/TheOperator
FAQ: pastebin.com/6t7WNtgn
Mods: pastebin.com/bzzUK5tz
Steam status: steamstat.us steamgaug.es
Preview Loadout: whatsnext.loadout.tf | steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/158547475
HUDs: huds.tf
Game Traffic: steamcharts.com/app/440#1y

Sites: scrap.tf | tf2outpost.com | backpack.tf | bazaar.tf
BP check: backpack.tf
Prices: backpack.tf | trade.tf
Scrapbanking: scrap.tf | scrapbank.me
Skins: p337.info/tfview/

>Competitive

Lmao. Comp

Basics: playcomp.tf
Comp Wiki: comp.tf
Lobbies: tf2center.com/lobbies
Scripting: pastebin.com/1VmngMfJ | pastebin.com/H3WfKLaB
TF2 streams: teamfortress.tv
UGC (Global): ugcleague.com
ESEA (NA/EU): play.esea.net
ETF2L (EU): etf2l.org
AusFortress (AUS): ozfortress.com
AsiaFortress (Asia): asiafortress.com
FBTF (Brazil AHUE): teamfortress.com.br/forum/

>IRC
irc://irc.rizon.net/tf2g

Other urls found in this thread:

teamfortress.tv/43774/esea-s26-w1-ascent-vs-svift-na
teamfortress.tv/43775/esea-s26-w1-the-sparkle-gang-vs-cat-noises
youtube.com/watch?v=gciH6k8YEaE
youtube.com/watch?v=oyQNvgVJyRM
tf2r.com/keyesnt.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

viva is gay

i know you wanted you use your ebin meme picture but next time actually wait until we're sinking past page 8 desu

teamfortress.tv/43774/esea-s26-w1-ascent-vs-svift-na and teamfortress.tv/43775/esea-s26-w1-the-sparkle-gang-vs-cat-noises are both happening at roughly at 11 PM (EST) tonight as well. The Sparkle Gang and Cat Noises are both honestly like 8th tier teams, but Pelt's one of our own. On the other hand, Ascent and SVIFT both have some pretty good players and the matchup is hype as fuck.

No?

How do we know pelt is one of our own

Pelt aka Pamphlet. He's been here for a while.

When did he go from pamphlet to pelt

No clue, I don't keep tabs on the man like that.

Nor I, which is why I was confused.

never like WAR desu

What?

Meant to say I never liked him anyway.

yeah right he has one bad game and now you betray him

I'm indifferent to the man, but that match was honestly just fucking painful to watch. He just fed over and over and over and really, it's quite clear he's the biggest weak link for the Weebs, or at least he was for this map. They did better during last week's game, so maybe he's just having an off day or something.

youtube.com/watch?v=gciH6k8YEaE

Video of the latest event, in case you didn't see the link a couple threads ago

B4nny has done really dumb shit too but I never disliked him. I can't really explain it, I just don like WAR.

It might be the fact that WAR wore a Pepe shirt to i61 and at least for a while had a Pepe avatar to match. His casting was really good, though.

I'll bet you use pepe pictures all the time not an argument desu

oh shit they're making fucked up jokes about the barrel roll.ytmnd

What? I've never posted a Pepe in my life, it's just that people who do that kind of shit tend to be unlikeable. I don't know that much about the main to really have a concrete opinion on him besides the fact that someone who won prem twice should've performed far better than what we just watched.

What?

>still 2 weeks until the update

More like 2 decades

How will you feel when they announce that the update is the last update planned for TF2, like battleborn?

"K"

That'll be my reaction. Not much feeling past that, honestly. Ok, I guess thankful. Met the Homies through TF2, so that's big

humanity will die before tf2

I miss 2010-2013 trading.

My medic needs a little work. Any suggestions?

a noose, but that's for you, not your medic.

That's not even Viva, you dumdum.

I know. But he deserves a noose.

Imagine falling for that

Let's talk about this

What's there to discuss? It's just one in a billion other Monopoly reskins. I'll probably buy it.

This reminded me that the medic took the souls of his team.
It also game me a weapon idea.
>level 13 extracter
>upon successful kill you take the soul of the enemy you killed and gain +15 hp stacks till 4
>enemy cant be overhealed until you die
>-25 hp
>-3 healing (stacks with blutsauger)

I would buy it if it were cheaper. It was nearly 60-70 dollars from what I've seen? So that's a bit too ridiculous.

Overpriced trash. next topic?

>/tf2g/ complains about the price of a real world physical good

>Spending money on a game everyone and their mum has played, except in a shiny new TF2 skin
>Not spending that money on shiny pixel hats

Are you saying that 70 dollars is a good price for this item?

I really wished I had bought the TF2 chess set.

>Community Crate
Great, they're not even putting any work into the fucking cards, just grabbing shit off the workshop as usual.

>/tf2g/ is one person.

So I should spend 70 dollars in a board game I will play once in a blue moon? If that's the case then why spend that much when the original non-skinned board is 10 dollars?

Why?

Post spies.

No

Dead or alive, you're coming with me.

I'd be sad but not surprised. This game has been in a holding pattern since 2014.

I assume the reason it hasn't gone under yet is because Overwatch and CSGO communities are twice as awful and autistic.

Because TF2 is by far my favorite video game, and has been for years, plus I used to collect chess sets.

Can't wait for all the DR nerf tears.

So will the TF2 Monopoly come with a hat? What do you think it'll be?

>they haven't even released the last third of action figures yet

>A fucking monopoly game comes before the Pyro update

WHY IS THIS ALLOWED

Monopoly is shit that lasts for 5 hours that nobody ever wants to play but I'll still buy it

>Talking about this with my sister
>She actively recommends cheating instead of playing fairly
Pretty awful, if you don't want to play Monopoly forever, play something else besides Monopoly.

Monopoly only lasts 5 hours because nobody plays by the actual rules

>tfw no refined for a MW coffin nail revolver

I still haven't taken a proper screen.

who is your tf2gfu

You were loud and ugly and now you're dead! And ugly.

*votes for hightower*
*leaves*

hey [b]eter

wanna see a magic trick?
PRESTO

>hit the pipe that launches the boy
>fire the follow up pipe as he flies away
>kill him with the second pipe
>sticky jump into the sunset

youtube.com/watch?v=oyQNvgVJyRM

tf2r.com/keyesnt.html

>play tf2 after a while
>first game fun
>second game is already extremely unfun

>a literal who wins my raffel

should i even deliver? atleast morwanneg posts raffels sometimes

There's no skill-based matchmaking so every game is a one-sided stomp.

r2tf.hdozjel.botnet.exe

Do what you want, it's your raffle.

i say fuck leeches i hope they actually give stuff away for once

also im never coming back here again so goodbye i guess lol

bye whoever you are

Oh. Goodbye, then.

Thanks, lad.

>hardly ever play jump maps
>when i do its always a new map i have never seen before on a jump server
>explore each and one and try to get as far as i can

this is pretty fun

if Valve poured money into TF2 competitive would that save TF2?

its much too late now my friend

No because TF2 isn't primarily a comp game nor is it the type of comp to attract a lot of views. Let's face it, only a select few who are already into comp is gonna watch it.

benny is going to be devastated

He is the last champion of TF2. The last hero who hasn't given up on the game yet. Yet, it is destined to fail. His anguish will be monumental when that day comes.

honestly comp is a meme anyways, sure you should get good at the game, but comp was dead on arrival, its cool to watch, but its not the game

>play sniper
>spy makes bad play, hear him decloak and I turn around to punish
>backtracks, whips out diamondback with farmed crits courtesy of juan.guitterez2005
>*crit sound* *crit sound*
>team goes to punish him
>*BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP*
>gets off scot free despite doing everything wrong

what did he mean by this?

Highlander is closer to the intended TF2 gameplay than 6s, so why is it so much worse?

mobile classes are more fun to watch

Probably not.

I don't play competitive and I enjoy watching it, though.

Because classes like heavy, engineer, pyro, and sniper all exist only to slow the game down and cause stalemates.

Both 12v12 fuckfests and 6s are perfect examples of what TF2 is, my friend. 12 encapsulates all the chaos of TF2 and 6s showcases that there's still actual skill required.

>6s showcases that there's still actual skill required.
thank you for the chuckle, friend.

>those amazing cp games where both teams are fighting passionately and desperately to win
>actual teamwork being used
>no salt or binds in chat
>the few retarded teammates on your team are at peak performance and aren't doing stupid things like pretending to be a hoovy and throwing sandwiches at enemies/making teleportes that go the wrong way/kill their teammates
>barely holding onto points by the skin of your teeth and getting the rush of adrenaline from a low team-member push, risking it all
>next to nobody leaving the game at all
>pulling back and forth for an hour or two or even more
>getting to that climactic finish where you heroically fight back the hordes of enemies or capture the final point, leaving you in gooey ecstasy as you await round 2

Few and far between. But this is why I still play this shitty game.

Let's be real. He'll probably just move to Quake Champions.

there is actual skill involved in the game, but you only achieve it from hundreds and thousands of hours practicing, i see the product of this work in 12v12 and 6's, but its much more impressive watching a man solo 12 to 15 people with his earned skills then that same man only taking on 6, i guess it comes down to preference though

also this

>Watching a single man solo
>Is more fun than watching a team work together like a well-oiled machine
I guess it is, but watching a perfectly executed team play is still pretty fucking nice.

What are you talking about? Snipers break stalemates.

Someone mind posting me that picture /tf2g/ in a nutshell with shitposting and scout with the dance mask shrugging?

2fort being the prime example of snipers breaking stalemates?

And also causes them because HL is mainly about waiting around for your sniper to countersnipe their sniper or for your demo/soldier bomb to pick their sniper. It's a game mode that revolves far too heavily around sniper, and the fact that Payload is the main game mode played in Highlander does not help at all, since the last point is almost always going to stalemate, and the first one usually does as well.

Maybe. But I believe he truly loves the game.