/drg/ - Danganronpa General

Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!
Previous thread fucked over by TDR edition

>/drg/ OP pastebin (just copy it and paste previous thread link)
pastebin.com/XYa49a5Q

>New to DR
pastebin.com/mnduF4qj - Spoiler free guide *MUST READ IF YOU ARE NEW*
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT - In-depth gameplay mechanics and information

>Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc/Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair:
store.steampowered.com/bundle/361/Danganronpa_1__2/
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-1•2-reload/cid=UP1063-CUSA06808_00-DANGANRONPARLDUS
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-trigger-happy-havoc/cid=UP1063-PCSE00261_00-DANGANRONPA1NA01
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-2-goodbye-despair/cid=UP1063-PCSE00399_00-DANGANRONPA2NA01

>Danganronpa AE: Ultra Despair Girls:
store.steampowered.com/app/555950/
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-another-episode-ultra-despair-girls/cid=UP1063-CUSA07293_00-ZETTAIZETUBOUPS4
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-another-episode-ultra-despair-girls/cid=UP1063-PCSE00692_00-DESPAIRGIRLSNA01

>Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony:
store.steampowered.com/app/567640/Danganronpa_V3_Killing_Harmony/
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-v3-killing-harmony/cid=UP1063-CUSA08537_00-DANGANV3PS400000

>Danganronpa Interviews and Articles
pastebin.com/QjVqihAm

>Download pastebin *contains DOWNLOADS "wink", art assets, sprites, manga, novels, music, anime, media, charts, and icons.*
pastebin.com/6UhFpa8W

>Danganronpa fan works pastebin *contains links to fanart, fan-fiction, and dr-related artists*
pastebin.com/DkRdiShK

pictures of Mius poop

I love Junko!

UGGOS
ALL OF THEM

I want to be Ouma's dumb dog!

Animator!

They all deserved so much better.

Koga has a face only a mother could fuck

Reminder that this is the ideal female body. You may not like it but this is what peak performance looks like.

I want to fuck Kaito!

Nah.

Ouma and his beloved Saihara!

If your husbando/waifu had the complete opposite personality, would you still love them?

Nope. ez nope.

I appreciate all aspects of Junko. I'd still love her

Maybe...?

No

Yes.

I too have played Umineko

What would that even look like?

>The only people not smiling are those who lived
what the fuck is this poetry?

Saihara softest butt!

gonta is the best boi

It's an old picture, but isn't it just so beautiful?

I dunno, maybe?

>A shy insecure Kaito
prime gap moe material!

No. Literally how can anyone say yes?

What was the better trio, Hajime, Chiaki, and Nagito or Saihara, Maki, and Kaito?

Nagito's a little bitch so the latter

An entirely humorless Ouma who tells nothing but the truth and is actually entirely monstrous underneath a sympathetic exterior.

I feel like that's a DR character already.

i don't know you yet but i love you gonta gokuhara

People who mostly or only like their looks.

Sometimes a personality completely opposite of the personality they have is also workable, y'know? It may not be the same person, and they may not be as great, but that doesn't necessarily make them BAD

Fuck bugs

If your waifu grew a dick, would you still love them?

That moment you realise your waifu is trash and everyone around you was telling the truth but you didnt listen because of your autism

I-

Actually yes, this sounds cute.

>former were all popular characters
>latter are one popular dude and two unpopular ones
What went wrong?

That sounds adorable.

Rantaro nii-chan and Shuichi-kun!
Hopefully won’t show up as the thumbnail of another poster’s image again

what does "Killing Harmony" mean? Is it just cause Kaede is supposed to be the protag?

V3 trio.
DR2 trio didn't have much interaction outside the investigations. Also the V3 cast have better chemistry, specially at the latter chapters when things get rough.

Good thing she already has one!

Maki and Kaito's badly-written romance tanked the trio because it was basically them and Saihara as a third wheel.

Best madmen

Best rivals

Best pairing

Does kaito become ulikable in case 4+ or something? I'm liking him so far. I know he plays a huge part in case 5 so maybe that has something to do with it?

Nice to see you too

None of them
Komahinanami isn't that great
And the V3 trio looks forced as fuck since Kodaka wanted the kaito/maki relationship.

I want Komaeda to fuck the lies out of Ouma and instead fill him with hot, overflowing hope.

His overall character is something you either like or don't. There is an incident in chapter 4 which he gets criticized for but it's not a dealbreaker for liking him.

pls respond

I felt like 'Killing Harmony' is a theme that repeating through all 6 chapters, as the casts have disharmony along them many time.

He's cute.

No he doesn't. Personally I like him but he was super unpopular pre-release (people kept calling him Space Weedman and Purple Leon) and could never really recover from that. His masculine Larry Butz design didn't do him many favours either since Japanese girls prefer Saihara type men.

So is DRV3 any good? When it was released in Japan I heard the final chapter was bad and that kind of turned me off from getting it.

Why is she so perfect?

He throws a babyfit after chapter 4, and everything else is a spoiler, but it's nothing really bad. The only things I'd say can make him unlikeable is his kind of toxic masculinity or (spoiler) Maki falling in love with him, which probably enrages people who waifu Maki. Good thing he never says if he feels the same way for her.

Yeah, the main theme aside from fiction VS real is harmony VS discord.

>toxic masculinity
They actually massively toned this down in the english version, softening what he says to Saihara when he's feeling depressed and removing his homophobic slurs.

Shes not perfect, if she was that would ruin the whole point of her character. I would say shes imperfect because you can safely call her the most human. Even if that dual personality comes straight from a comic book.

Well a general dedicated to Danganronpa is obviously going to tell you it's good. Wait until the unspoiled people play the game first then judge, or just play it for yourself.

There hasn't been too much discussion about it on Veeky Forums so far. The reception seems mixed.

Not really. He fucks up in chapter 4 but nothing that would make him unlikable. And the reasons why he does it are completely in character.

The final chapter is incredibly divisive, but all around it's a very fun game.

It's essentially mixed you would have to either play the game yourself or look up play-through and form your own thoughts and opinions. People say the ending sucked, I am not entirely against the ending but I need more context in which there is lacking.

I personally don't like Kaito at all. I appreciate his role in the overall plot and his significance but I can't stand his character archetype.
Maki is a terrible person yet the plot attempts to make me feel sympathetic for her stone cold bitch (gap moe) attitude. There's nothing likable or interesting about her.
Their relationship is completely pointless and only serves as a plot device to make Maki seem more "human". In my opinion, it only ruins here further.
To me, both Kaito and Maki both seem like giant hypocrites.

Huh. I was willing to attribute it all to assblasted waifufags and shit but that's pretty interesting.

Ouma is difficult for me to understand, but I'll put my thoughts on him here to the best of my ability.

He can be absolutely hilarious. He doesn't hold punches during trials and he, despite his 'lie' motif, seems to be truthful towards other to a fault. He knows when to lie and when to be blunt, which is a good thing to have down-packed.

One thing I fail to understand is his cruelty potential. He seems to understand when not to be cruel, but will turn around and be cruel when the subject in question is gone (e.g., being surprisingly kind towards Gonta right before his execution, before turning on the others and choosing to appear cruel and malicious to them.)

My best guess is he merely does what he has to to get to his goal.. Then that brings up the question of how in the hell he learned to act so well, and why in the world his plans - despite him apparently being the SHSL Supreme Leader and therefore having some sort of charm - constantly shove the others in the direction of loathing him. Is this some sort of test to see how much he could push people before redemption? Or does he have some sort of godlike knowledge of future events? There's no way he could've predicted things would immediately go the way they went.

>there's been a good deal of disdain for it here
No fucking shit, it's been out for 8 months already, we even had a period where everyone was super edgy here and shitted on it constantly

I dunno, in the survey conducted in the previous threads the majority were saying V3 was the best, though a lot of them seemed to be Ouma fans (not that I have an issue with him).

>that feeling of despair when you start the game and like almost everyone but you know over half the cast is gonna die anyways

I really wish Maki was the "obvious" killer of the game after attempts to deprogram the assassin failed and she kills the most advantageous targets to get out.

Junko!

You know what else Nisa did? They toned down her overall aside from adding memes, for example they don't specify the fact that she used TORTIRE serum on Ouma in Ch5. She's a bit more cruel in the Japanese version

I agree with all of this, except the first part, Kaito's my favorite but I respect your opinion.

Did Shinguji visit /drg/?

What a beautiful group of 16 students they are! I bet each and every one of them have such high hopes for the future, and they will achieve their goals together!

because NISA knows ouma will hav e a lot of fans and they don't want to see him suffer :P

>He knows when to lie and when to be blunt
Generally I'm not too interested in characters popular with fujos but I liked this about Ouma. Sometimes the characters go on with all the generic anime filler lines about wanting to trust their friends and stuff, but he just doesn't tolerate that shit at all. I appreciate it, even though he might go about with his goals in a cruel way.

What? Over 85% are fucking dead.

No, I need to be emotionally invested into a character and design alone just wouldn't work for me.

>tortire
Ah fuck my auto-correct, TORTURE.

>He seems to understand when not to be cruel, but will turn around and be cruel when the subject in question is gone
As I see it, that maneuver was part of his overall goal to make everyone believe he was truly the mastermind. I believe (based on evidence) his grief for Gonta was genuine, but regardless, if he made it out to be genuine to the rest of the cast, it would weaken his claims that he's the mastermind of the killing game and also alert his intentions to the actual mastermind, who's been believing he's enjoying the game and not trying to stop it.

>Then that brings up the question of how in the hell he learned to act so well, and why in the world his plans - despite him apparently being the SHSL Supreme Leader and therefore having some sort of charm - constantly shove the others in the direction of loathing him. Is this some sort of test to see how much he could push people before redemption?
His title is sort of a farce- he's not really the supreme leader of anything, because he leads a group of 10 clowns. His intelligence isn't explained as being part of his talent, so we assume that and his acting ability are just inborn traits, or something he learned as a particularly good thief and prankster. This might get cleared up with expansion on his past.

People have theorized his actual talent is something else that explains the predictive ability, but that invites a lot of debate.

>Or does he have some sort of godlike knowledge of future events? There's no way he could've predicted things would immediately go the way they went.
No. He's just reasonably logical.

I do agree that Maki having a crush on Kaito is forced. Kodaka was probably scared about her place as a survivor, since the theme of the chapter 6 is that they went through development because of others. So he probably felt that Kaito would have to weak of a connection to Maki if she didn't have a crush on him.

I'm just talking in general when you start playing DR, same happened with DR2

I feel like the more westernized v3 is a lot better than the original desu

>I think V3 being an alternate universe where the original Danganronpas are fiction is a lie. Since we frankly cannot trust anything in the game to be true due to its themes and nature. The only thing that we (hopefully) know for certain is that Danganronpa is a reality show

I want camp gay English dub Ouma to befriend Komaeda. I want Komaeda to be deeply flattered every time Ouma calls him sissy terms of endearment like "dear" and "honey." I want Komaeda to shiver upon hearing a Super High School Level like Ouma talk to him that way. "No one's ever called me their dearest before! Not even my own mother!"

I want Ouma to insult Komaeda's wardrobe. I want him to tell Komaeda that all of it -- the misshapen jacket, the double zipper shoes, the skull wallet chain to nowhere -- need to go. I want Ouma to take Komaeda shopping and dress him to the nines. I want Ouma to teach Komaeda the secret to better hair care. I want Komaeda to allow Ouma to make him over into a sharp-dressed man with a stylish haircut.

I want Ouma to immediately recognize Komaeda as a fellow fruitcake, because as a flaming homosexual Ouma's gaydar is finely attuned. I want Ouma to give Komaeda advice on how to get Hajime's attention. I want Komaeda to say flirty things like "Let's go back to our love nest" and "I don't mind if you want to see me naked" all because Ouma suggested it. I want Ouma to comfort Komaeda when Hajime inevitably ditches him for one of the girls. I want Ouma to give Komaeda a pity blowjob.

literally god damn it

But komaeda wears socks and sandals.

That's what Shuichi considers in the epilogue as well.

camp gay ouma best character

we're all stupid betches that need his guidance

I personally like the theory that Distrust was canon/history in v3 but was fictionalized into the DanganRonpa reality show/series in v3's universe.

Huh, explain?

>only 3 survivors
>literally noone they can count on but each other

It's harder than you may even know.

these 'camp gay ouma' pastas are excruciating

That's my fetish.

It says in her bio that Miu likes the children's cartoons. What do you think this stupid bitch watches?