Etrian Odyssey General

>Everything EO (References, Music, Art Books, etc.)
pastebin.com/cdfQmt11

>EOV
atlus.com/etrian5/
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/

>EMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

EOV releases October 17th for NA, November 3rd for EU.
EMD2 releases in Japan August 31

Previous Thread:

>Downloaded the demo weeks ago after the Direct.
>It's STILL creating save data.

what the fuck

creating save date, F.O.E.!

What's a good subclass for Wildling?
Ideally one whose benefits are cheap, since just maxing the three basic animals and then getting one of Tiger or Lion already uses up a lot of Skill Points.

Is that bait?

Press "A" - it was done with creating the data almost immediatly. That is no loading circle, just a really stupid choice for an input prompt.

Fencer (Chain) / Masurao
Shaman / Warlock / Rover (Dog)

is working fine for me but I'm considering swapping the masurao for a dragoon. At the same time I really want to keep both Nene and the bunny so I'm not sure what to do.

There is really not much that a Wildling needs.
Maybe Ninja for Izuna to roll petrify in random encounters? Works from the backline and their normal attack damage is bad anyways.

I'm pretty new to EO games and I've gotta ask why is it that everyone and their dog always creates a 5 member party?

make a nene and reclass her to a dragoon, then make a bunny and reclass her to fencer

Either use her as your Rover or if you want to keep both bunnies go for a Therian Dragoon.
Not ideal but portraits > min/max.

5 is the maximum and we don't like doing things that are obviously unoptimal and give less interesting customization options.

Because getting more XP is not worth going into fights with one action less per turn.

And more than five is impossible - either 2/3 or 3/2. More won't the game allow.

The real 1st Stratum.

Try playing with less and you'll witness that first hand
>tfw made 3 man party for eo1

Can you use Dance Oracle if at the start of the turn you don't have an elemental buff?
I want to run two shamans and use dance oracle every turn for massive elemental damage, but that requires me to be able to actually hit the button every turn.

You can actually solo the game with some classes. But it will be insanely difficult

Some classes work better while playing alone rather than in a party, for example Yggdroids are pretty much a party to play with themselves and no other member in your party.

That's genius thanks for telling me. It'll feel wrong for the Masurao to be doin chains but we'll see.

Though I don't think a remake of EOIII is needed, it would be nice if Yggdroids showed up in a game with EOV's “three bonus slots for animals/bunkers/etc.” mechanic.

Thanks for the answers, I thought you can field up to 6 members because in all the games I've played you have 6 slots but I guess that's not the case.

If you could field up to 6 members then I bet there would be some variations but I can imagine that going with less than 5 members makes the games very challenging.

I misread the skill sim, this totally should work. Oracle Dance is faster, so it'll reliably dispel the buff and then get reapplied by the second shaman.
I'll just try it out like the non-idiot i should be

Speaking of which I wonder when the next EO game will be revealed. They have one more currently in development for 3ds and EOV released last year in Japan with Persona Q2 coming out in 2018. If it's not EO3U then I'll play 3 otherwise I'll wait.

>I still haven't made my party

The sixth slot was used in EOIII for summons (in EOV those have their own line) and in EOII, its remake EO2U, EOIV and EOV it's used for guest characters.

With this pace you might not run out of demo content until the full game is released.
Smart thinking, user!

I'm the only one who is going to buy the new VO just for Yuzo music?

Truly, the Dark Souls of system data creation.

meh
it'll be on gamemp3s or something

?

Dance oracle isn't even selectable unless you have an elemental prayer active.

What you can do is have one shaman use dance oracle, and the other re-applies the prayer immediately after, which will let you dance every turn.

>Index x Virtual-On

What a fucking bizarre crossover.

I tried it out in the demo- it seems to work well, although the damage is nowhere near worth it for the TP it consumes. That should get better later on once the multipliers increase and I get second names.
I think I'll run this for the main game-
dragoon / chain fencer
omnimancer warlock / offensive shaman / defensive shaman

18 more days to get your ass in gear.

Oracle Dance is basically Star Drop so the damage isn't good. What you want is Mana Oracle which hits 5 times although you can't really use both at the same time effectively

I don't really give a shit about dance oracle's damage, I just want the 50% elemental debuff for my warlock and fencer, as well as another chase proc.

The damage benefit would come from being able to apply the elemental damage booster every turn, not the damage directly inflicted by the skill itself

Lolis are for fugs, not abuse.

delet

>getting your ass beaten by a shota
>not even a tough frontline shota
Pathetic

>Low similarity results have been hidden. Click here to display them...
>Best guess for this image: cartoon
Sauce pls

Filename, nigga

Click the pixiv button, baka senpai

follow up image
>spoiler image
>filename
I am missing something here?

Stop that

Stop being a vanillafag and get some add-ons.

That's a lot of add-ons.

>a lot
>greasemonkey and one script
Don't run your mouth before you even research shit.

I just downloaded the demo and wiped when doing the mapping tutorial. That's never happened to me before in any of the games, what the hell.
>Saving map data doesn't save my customized icon arrangement
Now I'm going to forever wonder if I put it back correctly.

Scanlations where

>Now I'm going to forever wonder if I put it back correctly.
This is why you don't save map data. Reaching the end of the game only to find out you missed one chest is the worst.

I'm talking about the customizable icon toolbox, not the map icons.

Ah, I see. It didn't occur to me that of course you'd lose that if you didn't save after changing them.

Chest icons have open and close states now, though.

Yeah, I only altered them once I was in the labyrinth.

I miss the clover.

I finally made my party.

Will I miss out on anything by turning the voice acting off?

I kept them on for the demo out of novelty, but I'm turning them all off for the real game.

Brownies are for?

No, they are fucking terrible. If your 3ds is hacked, you may be able to undub the game.

being used as onaholes.

UNLEASH THE BEAST

So, just started EOV demo. Working my way around the tutorial floor. And... There's lots of water, but I'm conflicted as to mark it off with a wall line, or to color it in with the blue floor marker. I mean, I can't travel over it, right? So it's essentially a "wall".
but I can see over it to the other side.

(cartography autism intensifies)

anyone want to share how they did it?

automap: full

I can't believe we're 5 games into the series + 2 remakes and still don't have different colored lines for our maps. I want to differentiate between see-through low walls and real walls.

I draw walls and then color in the water, at least the tiles you can stand right next to. If you're ever able to move across the water I'll remove the walls. I learned my lesson before not coloring in open spaces that FOEs were later able to move across.

Meme-est voice ever or meme-est voice ever?

>I learned my lesson before not coloring in open spaces that FOEs were later able to move across.
This is why I hate drawing a wall for all spaces I can't walk across. I need a good way of showing FOEs can move over air or water or whatever.

Arrows? Text notes?
Duh?

Yeah, with those FOEs that could fly over the rocks in... i think Untold 2?... i used the Rock icon. But it's hard to say with water...

>Arrows? Text notes?
Clutter. MY MAPS MUST BE BEAUTIFUL.

>Clutter.
>MY MAPS MUST BE BEAUTIFUL.

Who's your favorite class in EOV

Is nene a class?

I usually only draw walls where there are actually walls; the floor spaces are enough for showing where I can walk. The sole exception I can remember was way back when I first did 3's Molten Caves as a newbie, when I needed to differentiate between the hot damage tiles and the magma lakes (since I used red floors for both), and I probably would have done it differently today.

I colour them to signify that it's water and that flying/swimming FOEs could go over it.

>Ice
>Lava
>Half height walls
>Damage tiles
>Moving conveyor belts
>Shortcuts in EOI, especially the floor with a billion of them
>Icon limits that you can reach by properly mapping
I can think of no greater cruelty than to make a game that appeals to the autistic but is so filled with things that trigger that autism.

I haven't played anything more than the demo, but I really love the jack of all trades Necro. Defending, debuffing, healing, even attacking, she does whatever you need. That naked hoodie helps a lot, too. I'm really not sure which skill path I'm going to take her down later in the game, I guess I'll figure that out when I get there.

>more warps than there are warp markers
It's hell.

But one handy thing about automapping is I can use it as a second set of arrows for FOE paths or conveyor tiles or whatever.

Pleb, I mark and annotate every event that happens. Except for 4 because it was my first game and I hadn't become autistic enough yet.

when the real difficulty of this game is figuring out how to map the dungeon

The maps are editable. I'll mark water within rooms for now, and mark water between rooms as walls. I can always go back and meticulously change it all later if it bothers me too much... which it probably will... because I'm a cartography fag.

>begin the battle phase

What the fuck is this

Confirmation text, added in EOU2

You can turn it off. I'm glad for that.

Is 40-45 over leveled for f15 in EOU2?

post parties so I can tell you why they're bad! or cute

In automap: full, those water spots are marked as walls.

Dark Hunter/Ronin/War Magus
Hexer/Compression Alchemist

I actually wanted to try a team like that although it was a Warlock Shaman Smoke Botanist magic core but I think double Shaman works better since the Botanist numbers werent impressive.

Omnimancer is the main DPS core though, with Alter you might do some meme damage

No

fang kills him with typeless cut damage tho

that's levels for 20f, yes

>19 minutes
>page 10

Veeky Forums's pretty fast today

>tfw I just realized I can summon hawks and doggos outside of battles and in dungeon

I feel dumb. Can you do this with the Necro's wraiths too?

Yes.

Never played the series before.
Is there shame in playing 4 first?
Playing Untold does make the DS game irrelevant?

>Is there shame in playing 4 first?
Since it's the shortest and the most forgiving, IV's pretty much the best starting point.

I and II haven't aged that well, but III is still a good DS game.