/ss13g/ Spessmen on a Spess Station 13 General

Last Thread: Telecomms abuse edition

Last time on /ss13g/ - spessmen on a spess station:
>New bee meta discovered featuring borg immunity and fastest deaths on record. How will botany be stopped?
>NEVER ENDING EXPLOSIONS: Amorphous masks still being fixed, we'll follow this story as it develops
>Joke PRs become real PRs, nitrogen tanks missing across the station, discord grows stronger more at 11
>Carsh is already banned again. One player is quoted to say "Who the fuck is Carshalash?"

>What is Space Station 13?
youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>BYOND client
byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Veeky Forumsstation forum and logs + Discord circlejerk
ss13.moe/forum/
game.ss13.moe/logs
discord.gg/HQA4Mhm

>Map renders collection: updated sometimes
game.ss13.moe/minimaps/images/maps/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation
discord.gg/nfmjc56

>Cryo Autism
pastebin.com/raw/YmAyagUa

>Round Stats
stats.ss13.moe/

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/raw/z7czw5WQ

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/pull/16081
ss13.moe/forum/search.php?keywords=carshalash&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/issues/5576
youtube.com/watch?v=eb1vcaqAivY
youtube.com/watch?v=15nNY7uofNw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>be best friend to bird traitor
>visit him in perma and play him music
>don't rat him out when he escapes
>he starts humans vs vox and silicons race war
>doesn't get spared
fucking b*rds

That wasn't me. I wasn't that traitor vox. I was legitimately an innocent atmos tech.

humans are not important

that was me actually. another bird. I uploaded the murderbone law for the borgs on trader station

target is telescience
teleports away

I thought z level 5 upload consoles got nerfed

worked for me. i never left the trade station until 5 mins until shuttle saw a cousin already breaking in to captains room and just walked to shuttle.

github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/pull/16081

W H E N

clown you're the best, don't let the bad guys stop you
t. bip

i luv u bip

Picosecondly reminder that Carsh has admitted to metagrudging and feels no remorse
Picosecondly reminder that Zachary "HELP AI ROGUE HE'S LASERING A DANGEROUS GREY ON ASIMOV!!!!" Hensha -still- doesn't get silicon laws after well over a year
Picosecondly reminder that he's maliciously IC in OOC'd

In his 6 month sexile, he's proven he can't hold it together. How many rounds more does he need to ruin?

Really? Not even gonna mention his literal metagaming?

let me tell you EXACTLY what's gonna happen

they're gonna unban him, because otherwise they can't use the excuse of "go play in TG for 6 months and come back with a glowing voucher"
they're gonna use the mrpain strategy of waiting until he makes the tiniest fuckup and then ban him again
he's gonna make the tiniest fuckup and get banned again

the end

NOW

But user, we've been there. We've been there repeatedly already having done that step. I don't want to have to put up with his shit again for even a week. ss13.moe/forum/search.php?keywords=carshalash&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

>Thinking they were
No, people wanted it done. It wasn't done
The whole discussion got derailed into raging at that nigger trader who was a giant piece of shit all the time while trying to push for trader powercreep additions.

I don't even know why you fags play this game so much that you come back after 6 months begging to be unbanned, its a fucking 2d space sim half of you treat it like its something important.

This gives me hope that maybe one day CMC will be fixed for good.

Give us beakers too

alternative job suits order-able from cargo when?

When you sprite it

Make a complete bug report saying exactly what's wrong with it and I'll fix it

Maybe them in the merch computer instead. It doesn't have a lot of content currently.

Just shove them in the merch computer. I have too much other shit to do than to deal with more clothing crates

My post was just wishful thinking because people have tried multiple times to fix this thing and it hasn't worked for some complicated coding reason that is over my head.

Here's an issue from two years ago that is still relevant.
github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/issues/5576

let's say that another board makes their own server
which board do you want it to be?

>tfw no /int/station

Unironically polstation. They'd have their chance to live the dream of creating the utopia they always talk about

borg forget all prior orders, uncuff me, then go away

like what faggot?

I saw that one but it's vague as fuck. Make a better report and I'll fix it. I mean it.

/k/station, I wanna live out my Spessmen Oper8r fantasies, maybe with a bit of Space-Vietnam on the side.

>/pol/station
And anyone who admits to coming from /pol/station gets catbeasted and then hunted down on general principle.

/d/station

/u/

/a/ station. lolis, cup sizes, all kinds of waifu-enabling shit and white knighting creepy otaku. Any waifu caught ERPing is a filthy slut and gets lynched to death

*ping

for me it is Veeky Forumsstation, the best fast food server.

youtube.com/watch?v=eb1vcaqAivY

youtube.com/watch?v=15nNY7uofNw

When they add an antag role that's objective is to get haunted.

Vague how? If you open the CMC and switch to (for example) zlevel 3, sometimes it continues to display the life signs from z level 1. It's not just z level 1, though, sometimes it only displays lifesigns from any zlevel regardless of the level selected (I've had it show me there's no miners on the roid because it's actually showing zlevel 6s sensors despite me knowing there are miners currently on the roid.). It seems random, and for me at least, restarting client doesn't even help.

If you meant you wanted more info code-wise, then I guess I can't help.

Well first of all I'd like to make sure this wasn't something wrong with the old z-level switching input that was recently improved, basically, confirm if it's the exact same shit still.
And also if you can find any sort of pattern for when it breaks and when it doesn't, that'd be great too.

GIVING PUNPUN HAIRCUTS
FUCKING
WHEN

we don't cater to furries

It's definitely still an issue after the level input change. In fact, I'd say it's more noticeable now that switching zlevels is faster. The issue does seem inconsistent between clients. I've had many rounds where it won't work at all for me for an hour while the dic next to me has no trouble. I play on a toaster if that helps.

/wsr/ station

An entire station dedicated solely to people who want help with math homework or looking for anime recommendations

>Wanting more hats for Barbie dress-ups
Fuck heads like you ruined tf2

If you unironically believe that you should behave the same way in a TF2 server as you behave on a SS13 server, you literally need to quit playing SS13 and go to Lifeweb where you can focus on a good KDR

>Joke PRs become real PRs, nitrogen tanks missing across the station,
>joke PRs
Wait, you guys think that SonixApache jokes?

>combat mechanics: check
>defined enemy and sides: check
>Duhrhurp muh rp, this isnt hippie!!!
Fuck off. Fuckheads like you ruined SS13.

>muh RP
that's the whole point of the game nigger

>"HOP can I get my job changed to chef?"
>"sorry, we already have 7 chefs"

>"THIS HAMBURGUER IS RAAAAAAAAAAW"
>"adminhelp: Gordon Ramsay has killed me, was that valid?"

Unloading crates that actually matter

You don't need to dress up in a fursuit to rp

It's still an issue after the most recent change

that shit is dumber than the fucking b emoji thing real talk

>anime clothes = fursuit
??????????

>defined enemy and sides
That's literally the opposite of SS13 you dumb faggot

THE UNKNOWN ENEMY is what makes this game, like Mafia or Salem. If you know who your enemy is from the start it's fucking pointless, you might as well be playing Colonial Marines

>salem
Salem used to be so nice until normies and Jewtubers found it.

nigga cargo this shift the most exciting thing was one guy who walked in printed a knife then shocked himself on the door and now he's vampire food like half of the station
there aint no important shit or overflow of crates and there's an actual antag crisis going on
so fuck you

It's some 80+ crates to do general stock, med stock, robo resupply, and sec stock on top of the usual botany/nt disc and other retard orders

No, what ruined TF2 is the stupid faux-competitive, the cancer of online games.
Give people some useless ELO matchmaking and they instantly turn into perma-butthurt tryhards that aren't actually playing the game, they're playing the ELO.
Oh god please I need to make my number go up I have to turn into the team leader and boss everyone around and scream at people and only ever do exactly as the meta says. Oh no, just like 50% of all people in this match, my meaningless number is going down. This can't be my fault I tried so hard I have to sperg out at my team to save face.
>fun

Are you this deluded? Valve only brought that shitty competitive system that doesn't even work long after the game had already died.

Just download the no hats mod nigga.
Oh wait they broke that too.

Irrelevant. The point is that TF2 died long before anything competitive showed up outside of a super tiny niche community with weird rules for their idea of competitive TF2.

It only "died" if you were too dumb to download one mod.

Oh? What mod magically banned all the F2P kids/bronies and brought back the players that left?

This, plus projects like breeding corgis, building a zoo, conducting science, making your own electricity or making a second medbay

Remember, when the heads call, you smash dat mf recall button and announce, WE MIGRATE

What the fuck is wrong with you? Are you that opposed to someone having another chance in a game after doing exactly what the admins wanted for 6 months? Do you have crippling autism? Jesus, give the guy a chance.

Probably /trash/.
The entire z-level would be like deff maint, you find a few decent folk who share your fine tastes and try to survive in that shithole against the roving hordes of horse-mask people, poop lovers and other groups.

I like the autism but you forgot one key element

Microwave for the chef, you even had all that leafy meat....

He's had over 7 chances including additional chances after metacomming. During his exile he's metagrudged, couldn't follow his laws, and rage IC OOC'd. He's completely failed to recover.

I got a meat spike, I couldn't care less. Whoever did could grow some wood and make a roasting station for all I cared

vg allows the same level of metagaming constantly. Watch the lengths people go to in order to secure the disk after an ops roundnor the TTVs in a round after the station was bombed. At least in this case it was a non-antag trying to crash the server and hurt a shitton of people. Hell, I watch admins hide PA parts after a singuloose round all the time.

People should interfere with that kind of repeated shittery. If someone was doing the same on this server, they wouldnt even be given a note.

I guess he's just sperging out about the wording. A permanent ban would mean never being able to come back, so he probably wants them renamed "long term bans" or something.

Not like it really matters. Boring topic anyway.

Its been six months. You can't seriously take this game so seriously that you wont give someone a chance after six months. There are prison sentences less than that. Get a fucking grip, dude.

That's easy, it's called "just pick a community server that isn't garbage there are literally hundreds"
Until they killed community servers.
Whoops.

>lmao dude just download a mod that censors irrelevant things
>lmao dude just ignore everyone and every server, maybe you'll find that magical one with decent folk
>lmao dude THIS ONE THING THEY ADDED WHEN THIS GAME WAS ALREADY DEAD RUINED IT >:(
I bet you're a F2P brony

In his sixth month exile he's doubled down on his crimes. Fuck Off. He's had enough chances.

no you fucking brainchild, "talking IC in a voice chat with zealotron" metagaming

You clearly weren't around for it. He was voice chatting about the round with other players including fucking sawbones in a discord. Those bans being lifted was one of the worst decisions ever made.

We have had admins and even headmins that metagamed you fucking retard, and they are allowed that level of control. Who cares, they waited out their ban sentence. Get a grip you autist.

you cheeky fucker. First you drag off the guy i was thralling then dont even restrain im leading to us being found out. THEN you sedate my thrall Chumps that you SAW I HAD HYPNO'D AND THRALLED RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU. Which led to his death at the hand of another vamp succin. Meaning the only sec officer i had thralled that could have retrieved my head so i could make a comeback could not all thanks to you. Grats man yer a grade a vamp asshole.

There was no ban sentence.
>
We have had admins and even headmins that metagamed you fucking retard, and they are allowed that level of control.

what got you found out vamps was that I got a stuttering vamp call out before I you got my headset off. had nothing to do with anything else

>you cheeky fucker. First you drag off the guy i was thralling then dont even restrain im leading to us being found out. THEN you sedate my thrall Chumps that you SAW I HAD HYPNO'D AND THRALLED RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU. Which led to his death at the hand of another vamp succin. Meaning the only sec officer i had thralled that could have retrieved my head so i could make a comeback could not all thanks to you. Grats man yer a grade a vamp asshole.

after an eternity wandering through space I got stuck here because the teleporter turned on but the portal wouldn't actually come online. what was wrong? I recall being able to just select destination and that was it

Prove it. Oh wait that the the narrative you want to believe as opposed to what actually happened. How fucking autistic are you thst you care this much about someone having anotuer chance to play some stupid space game after half a year. Do you ever bother saying the shit you type out loud?

Shut the fuck up, Carsh, we were all here when it happened.

One of them fucking admitted to it on the forums what more proof do you want

They aren't wrong. Probe admmitted to metagaming on multiple ocassions along with a few others.

>you died
I didn't bless you well enough :(

>Oh wait that the the narrative you want to believe as opposed to what actually happened

>goldsteel is like this minipain in his self-righteousness but with a side of forcing really arbitrary notions such as name laws
ok
>goldsteel posts in droms
remove this degenerate

The forums where it was already exposed?

Because carsh, you were a fucking piece of shit then, you were a piece of shit when you should have reformed, and you think I want to put up with more of your fucking shit for even one goddamn day? Hell no. Fuck off. you're an immature retard that can't handle lawsets and can't handle remotely behaving.

Yes

You act like it was a metagaming ring when it was just one autist would couldnt keep his mouth shut while playing and was warned to.

no hub = no portal