/pg/ - Persona General

Togo Thursday Edition

Previous NEWS
>Persona 5 anime coming in 2018: personacentral.com/persona-5-animation-announced-air-2018/
>Persona Q2 revealed: pq2.jp
>Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night and Persona 5: Dancing Star Night revealed: persona-dance.jp/
>Persona 4 featured in BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle: personacentral.com/blazblue-cross-tag-battle-announced-features-persona-4-arena/
>Yosuke confirmed for BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle: personacentral.com/yosuke-announced-playable-persona-character-blazblue-cross-tag-battle/

INFO
>P5 Info
pastebin.com/MJuR9h0S

GUIDES
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb

DOWNLOADS
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Persona Image Collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua
>Persona 5 Resources
pastebin.com/CZEvEgiE
>Persona ISOs
mega.nz/#F!5iQAGTLB!U1LUUTLtawRdsWSDDFSAQQ
>Persona Super Live P-Sound Bomb!!!! 2017 concert
mega.nz/#F!FrozXCyI!-GKGzOozZmejeAnDZQdUbw

MANGA
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com
mediafire.com/personascans#unst48ukbu457

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ew3--XVFioU
personacentral.com/new-aoshima-produced-persona-5-arsene-persona-3-aigis-model-kits-announced/
youtube.com/watch?v=1fQohhWH6js
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I love Ann.

down with the discordfags

She's mine /pg/

I can't wait for Persona 5 Akechi Goro of the Resurrection!

Literally comes from her shadow btw

>Haru is sweet !!
>Haru is kind !!
>Haru is silly !!
>Haru is a heroine of justice !!
>Haru is compassionate !!
>Haru is graceful !!
>Haru is spring !!
>Haru is fluffy !!
>Haru is a lady !!
>Haru is generous !!
>Haru is Empress !!
>Haru is for loving !!
>Haru is a smart cookie !!
>Haru is useful !!
>Haru is funny !!
>Haru is endearing !!
>Haru is dorky !!
>Haru is elegant !!
>Haru is pure !!
>Haru is Haru, not Ann !!
>I love Haru !!

Remove discord idiots 2017.

Shame Goro doesn't have a shadow though. :^)

He has a persona, personas are shadows.

how can persona girls even compete?

Who's still talking about Akechi?

Is that Final Fantasy?

Mishima as the protagonist of P6!

Yes, i sacrifice the Phantom Thieves
youtube.com/watch?v=Ew3--XVFioU

It's the good Final Fantasy. It's the Final Fantasy that didn't go to shit

Fuck the discordfags

Haru should have been the traitor desu

>Nishima

So Final Fantasy. Or Dragon Quest.

OH FUCK, LADS

I swear to Mishima, if we lose again I'll flip.

Goro figure when

I want it now

It's your lucky day, user

Thought you could trick me again, huh?

Fuck Haru!!

I wonder if there's gonna be a Satanael figma.
I mean, I'm getting Arsene for my Joker (I'm already using my World tarot card behind Yu/Izanagi-No-Okami), but I'm curious if it's not even considered due to the size.

>enter Leblanc
>see this
What do?

Tell him to go back to making youtube videos again.

WHERE'S THE NEW VIDEO, JON-KUN

You're letting me down /pg/.

Wasn't Akechi ALWAYS going to be the traitor, since his inception?

Yeah but he wasn't a good traitor, he would have been better as a red herring. Morgana should have been the traitor.

Except between Teddie and Ryoji, people would've seen that coming.
Hell, I saw LPers call Morgana has the villain once he started having the nightmares.

Post pre-release memes

How do you deal with anxiety /pg/?
i'm broke so i can't afford clonazepam or some coke
help me out

Look, it isn't easy keeping this up alone, all right?

By playing Persona.

And literally everyone saw Akechi coming.

I know the feel man. I had to make 50 posts by myself to finish a /pg/ thread a while back.

Ironically, that one LPer didn't. When he saw Akechi talking to Sae in the interrogation, he thought Akechi was gonna break him out.

Fucking dumbass.

But Persona is gay

Yeah, Hashino confirmed that in the interview in the Maniax book. It's one of the things about him that were set in stone from the start (the others being him being a detective, and him being a counterpart to the protagonist).

Haru's role, on the other hand, wasn't decided on until pretty late into development. The only thing about her that they were set on from the start, according to her description in the Official Design Works, is that she'd be a "kind-seeming/feeling character" (優しい感じのキャラクター), but she went through a lot of changes beyond that (her personality and grade in school were changed a lot throughout development, and at one point they even considered making her a male character instead), and she was only added to the party once they were thinking about the party balance (since without her, there's only three girls in the party).

You can kind of see that in the intro as well, its like they didn't know what to do with Haru so they just have her a lollipop and called it a day.

There's also that jaded, almost bored look that seems out of character for the Haru we got.

Who was in the wrong here?

Phantom is from Sumaru City!

/pg/

Don't mean to piss anyone off, but why would they bump off Hifumi if they planned her story but then include Haru? Her development and final character/arc seems very poorly done to be the one chosen. Was it more important to the main story?

Alechi was being needlessly cunty there, which is part of why I never bought the idea that he was as clean as he seemed.

the only correct answer.

Her dungeon was more important I guess since it represents the height of the phantom thieves popularity by targeting a ceo and their downfall after he dies which leads into the next palace.

I was thinking the same think desu, but its kind of disappointing to think about. I really wish that they could somehow have implemented both of them while doing a better job with the writing.

Honestly, I kind of wish we could've gotten them both, and the game ended in January instead of December, if only because it would make my joke about Joker's love interests all being either "attractive older women" or "girls he has fought and bled alongside".

It still would have been weird, P5 is already more girl balanced with the party having 4 girls, 3 guys and a cat, they would probably have to make one of them a boy.

Sumaru user has chosen the rightful thread!

Phantom is from Tatsumi Port Island!

Yeah. I'm pretty sure the anime cutscenes including the OP were made before Atlus fully finalized everything about the story and the cast's roles, so I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Haru's small amount of screentime and uncharacteristic behavior in that is the result of Atlus not having decided on her character at the time the OP was made.

It's probably also why she's literally nonexistent until the Hawaii trip aside from a brief appearance during the fireworks viewing anime cutscene, and why something as important as her grieving for her father is relegated to a single off-hand hint from a NPC on the way to school instead of actually shown on-screen.

Aside from what mentioned, there's some mixed information on what the deal with Hifumi was. Soejima's comment in the Official Design Works mentioned that when they were considering who to assign the "strategist" role to, he came up with a design for a new character (the beta Hifumi one they showed on PSC). They ended up not using it, but the design was recycled as the base for what would later become the Hifumi we know, although by that point she had little in common with the originally envisioned character.

IIRC, it's been confirmed in the Maniax book that they reused some of the story elements they had in mind for her (or at least the "strategist" character?) for other characters, so by the time they considered adding Haru to balance the party gender ratio, they probably already split up the original ideas for Hifumi among too many of the other characters to use her without completely reworking her again.

I mean, if you doubt count the protagonist, that's the same as what P4 had.

Just make Morgana a canon boy and make FUTAba live up to her namesake. Boom, fixed it.

Takashi is from Mikage-cho!

At least teddie had a human form.

Kashiwagi did nothing wrong.

>I'm pretty sure the anime cutscenes including the OP were made before Atlus fully finalized everything about the story and the cast's roles

Oh, it's fucking OBVIOUS, once you remember that the reason Morgana appeared in his humanoid form in Shido's calling card is because early versions of him didn't have him as a cat.

Which makes me wonder what the hell Joker and Ryuji were doing in an ACTUAL castle in the real world, since one of the fairly consistent rules in Persona is (when you're in a Collective Unconscious alternate world electronics don't work unless you have a plume of dusk installed).

>a new Aigis figure

Didn't Reiji move to Sumaru in P2, or did he just travel to s different city to relieve stress with demon murder?

I think he moved to Sumaru, though it's not far at all from Mikage-cho. So I guess Takashi is from Sumaru City.

Really?

P5's party member gender balance in the finalized game is 4 girls, 4 guys and Morgana (who's generally not counted for the gender ratio, since even though he's considered male he gets his own equipment type), since the protagonist counts too. Without Haru, the ratio would be skewed toward more guys than girls, and that's probably what they wanted to avoid.

Yes.

personacentral.com/new-aoshima-produced-persona-5-arsene-persona-3-aigis-model-kits-announced/

Akechi hardly counts as a member, he was never on their side and is only there for one palace, look at p3 in comparison, there were 4 guys, 1 temporary guy, 4 girls and a dog so it was a bit more balanced.

Fuck.

What game is this fig for?

So we using this one?

yes

I don't even care anymore. Just pick a thread and stop the drama.

This one, the other is filled with shitposters and discorders.

>people are talking about the game in this thread
>fuck all happening in the *record scratch* thread
truly causes me to ponder

>all these Aigis figs
>no Athena figs to complete the pair

For fuck's sake Aigis, at least release a Messiah or something to act as her Persona! Anything but Orpheus and Thanatos (who Liz already has dibs on).

Never ever

Actually it's pretty impressive that he plainly insulted her like that when he was just out in public. That's like the one thing he just doesn't do at any other point. Even after he joins the team he's way more subtle about getting back at Ryuji for all the dumb shit he's done so far.
Makoto got the worst of it straight away. No wonder she was so interested in getting his number that she had it way before the rest of the team even asked about it

They're actually just bumping the thread with old memes. Fucking pathetic.

Are Liz/Door and Yu the only figs that actually have the full pair?

>she will never be real

Yukiko and Konohana Sakuya.

>No wonder she was so interested in getting his number that she had it way before the rest of the team even asked about it
She didn't have his number. Futaba gave it to her after she hacked Sae. Makoto was the one who used it to contact him so that she didn't cause any suspicion.

There's also Larry, weirdly enough.

It hurts ;_;

Reiji never had a daughter.

He's still playable and considered a party member as a result. Both the Official Design Works and Maniax books counted him among the party members, and any time they've been able to talk about the game without avoiding spoilers, he's been counted as one too.

Whether he counts as a Phantom Thief or not is a more complicated matter, but he's unambiguously a party member due to his playable status (as was Shinjiro back in P3).

Shinjiro didn't count towards the party gender balance so I would assume the same thing for Akechi.

youtube.com/watch?v=1fQohhWH6js

I don't recall seeing an official statement that Shinjiro doesn't count. P3 didn't specifically try for a balanced gender ratio as far as I'm aware, unlike P4 and P5.

Regardless, Goro's still officially counted as a party member and by extension counts toward P5's gender ratio.

YAMERO!

We dead?

I still don't think its that black and white, he is a party member but he is hardly part of the group, it's why he is absent from most of the official art of the phantom thieves. The phantom thieves knew he was evil and he was always against the phantom thieves, there was never a point in the game where they were actually together, I doubt he will be part of the group in spinoffs like arena as well.

God I wish that were me.

Sojiro is just too attractive for his own good