/smtg/ - 真・女神転生/Shin Megami Tensei General

New 3DS game is called "Deep Strange Journey/Strange Journey Redux" further info and trailers:

atlus.com/strangejourney/home.html
shin-megamitensei.jp/dsj/
youtube.com/watch?v=6kXOfSFb2EU
youtube.com/watch?v=IvLc8kXrz1g
youtube.com/watch?v=09Ty1p9tQEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-5x5IaYFA

SMT HD Project teased at Nintendo Switch Presentation:
youtube.com/watch?v=ut9ekAp2drs

New SMT HD project info coming October 23rd.
gematsu.com/2017/09/shin-megami-tensei-hd-project-news-coming-october-23

Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation announced for smartphones:
gematsu.com/2017/09/dx2-shin-megami-tensei-liberation-teaser-trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=AAiRowFQLY0

>Alignment themed concerts
personacentral.com/event/shin-megami-tensei-25th-anniversary-festival-law-side-concert/
personacentral.com/event/shin-megami-tensei-25th-anniversary-festival-chaos-side-concert/

>Starter guide
i.imgur.com/zJcYpuE.png

>Tips and tricks
pastebin.com/J6ER3Eve

>Fangames, artbooks, soundtracks, manga, and other downloads
pastebin.com/znkHg0kZ

>OST links
pastebin.com/kLbYxjFU

>Misc translations
pastebin.com/XE7fjVPy

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

discordapp.com/channels/311265345572700160/311265345572700160
m.youtube.com/watch?v=XEtRzDYYBuY
youtu.be/cMGWYuH_4eA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the white were right

Cant wait for DEEP!

same. Never played it, but look forward to it.

In other words,

sexy monkey

IsaBooB

we are the SPESS MEHREENS

Meh.

>known as space marine
>never been or goes to space

Damn, wish I went this one now instead for the OP.

Monkey boobs are disgusting.

The Schwartzwelt is composed of many time and space planes so yeah he is trully The Space Marine™

meme demon

What is the atelier totori of megaten?

devil survivor

discordapp.com/channels/311265345572700160/311265345572700160

We hold jerk off sessions every weekend

Still looking for scans of volumes 2, 3 and 4 of the Japanese version of Tokyo Revelation. If anyone has it, please upload it.

Is there any new game or translation released after Last Bible Special?

Last Bible III is coming along well.

Kyouj-hee.

Back to feg.

Ishtar is now a boss in DEEP.

>/pg/ has 2 generals up and running
>/smtg/ is dead most of the time

Just wait until we get the gachas and waifus up and running. We'll become just as shitty as /pg/!

Cute Jacks, didn't have this one.
/pg/ is also 95% roleplay and waifufagging. I would rather be nearly dead then have rampent autism 24/7.

Blame discord, I tried to stop them.

I'm offended you think i play fire emblem, the shittiest strategy game series

Disgaea is worse than FE

>endure
>endure
>endure
>endure
make it stop

Hi /smtg/, newfag that just beat IV on Neutral for the first time. I've got some questions that I can't find the answer to in game or online.
What is up with Masakado in the ending? I get that he turned back into the firmament and removed the ceiling by why is he know a giant monster looming over the city? I also looked up the DLC concerning him and that also brought up some more questions. Why was Tokyo targeted by ICBM's and what's Flynn's relation to Maskado? Is this a reference to the prequels? Why is Mikado styled after and function like a medieval society while Tokyo functions like its modern day version? Mikado was created after the crisis right? Why was Walter so quick to believe Lillith's words? Finally, who is the goddess girl? I didn't really understand that part either.

Sorry if these are retarded questions, I'm just really curious.

icbm is a reference to real life

>Why is Mikado styled after and function like a medieval society while Tokyo functions like its modern day version?
i think it has something to do with the angels not wanting the filfth to reach mikado, theyre stuck in time because of that
>Mikado was created after the crisis right?
yes, time actually works differently in mikado, iirc 1 tokyo day =75 mikado days? all i remember is that ~1500 years have passed in mikado
>Why was Walter so quick to believe Lillith's words?
might makes right, also shes not entirely wrong. she was distributing knowledge to the lower class because the luxors are pieces of shit
>Finally, who is the goddess girl?
the goddess of tokyo, shin megami tensei means true goddess resurrection

What are the best dungeon crawlers? Not necessarily MT

dont be so vague if you want recs

Etrian Odyssey.

What said.
Elminage (pic related), Stranger of Sword City, Wizardry are also pretty good. The Vita crawlers I most likely won't ever play are probably nice too.
Most MT games suck as dungeon crawlers.

>tfw no Vita so I only have EO, Elminage and Stranger of Sword City

Try out Operation Abyss and Operation Babel. They're on Steam too. Mind Zero has shit graphics, leaves in a cliffhanger, and most likely won't ever get a sequel, but it's on Steam as well.

Is Ray Gigant on Steam? That one was pretty good. I loved the over the shoulder view during battle.

That's Masakado's true form.
He isn't the firmament, the firmament is only a mass of rock he formbed to protect tokyo from the missiles.
Tokyo was targeted because the reactor was basically a demon portal and the angels thought the best way to get rid of the portal was with ICBMs.
Flynn is the reincarnation of the dude that sacrificed his life to summon Masakado.
No this isn't a reference to "the prequels". Only few games are directly connected in the MegaTen series.
Mikado was a society the angels newly created to have a populace they can reign over in peace. It basically just started from a technological nullpoint.
Mikado was created after the crisis by the angels yes, it's basically an artifical society.
Walter believed Lilith because it's just close to what his ideals were anyway. It sounded appealing. It's mostly a psychological thing that you could also observe frequently nowadays.
The girl was the manifestation of the goddess of Tokyo.

You're welcome.

Playing through Yamato's route and I'm up to the Lo Nitta boss but honestly I'm not really enjoying it. Should I reload and side with the red guy?

What exactly aren't you enjoying? The way the route is handled? The difficulty?

I don't like how every enemy using auto spells now along with the HP sponge bosses

So the difficulty? I'm asking because I want to know what exactly you want from the other route. If Yamato's route is giving you difficulty problems I definitely wouldn't recommend Al's route since it's by far the hardest.

Where is my Stalker Megaten?
Instead of Tokyo you have Moscow, instead of the survivors and hunters there you have cheeky breeky

I have this love/hate relationship with Metatron. Why the fuck does he keep missing when I don't want him to? Then again, he is immune to everything but Almighty...

Eat a dick
m.youtube.com/watch?v=XEtRzDYYBuY

fuck off already russian user

>the most normal guy of all protagonists ends up being smartest and most handsome

i am fine with this desu

no one wants to play a megaten set in russia

Just reached Eridanus, is there some meaning to the pattern of all bosses being of Tyrant race? also Asura is the best demon

But I'm from Poland

Shin Megami Tensei Call of Chernobyl. Instead mutants now we have demons, Duty represent Law route and Freedom - Chaos route. Instead big world map we have locations from Stalker games which connected like in CoC, and of course random encounter with demons. Every stalker now have Demon Summoning Program and can be your enemy or ally, and those stalkers can create groups (maximum 3 in one group), but in battle only leader can use demons, other 2 support him with items, skills and firepower.

Rate it. I need improvements.

notFinal/10

I'll get it after Im done with this game user.

if you intend to fight DLC bosses it can be tough because especially ancient of days spams extremely strong almighty spells and archangels can pierce magic and Sanat can pierce phys. So I wouldnt focus too much on resistances and rather just covering up weaknesses and using slots for powerful attacks and skills

Alright.
nocutedemongirls/10

Was thinking of building a magic party as well with just weaknesses covered. I doubt I will buy any more DLC because Im just against it. Then again I feel like nothing feels powerful when MC can dish more than 1k with Concentrate.

Pretty good.

you can do almost 10k with spirit focus, concentrate and stigmatic gleam, so buy more DLC goy

>unironically recommending Mind Zero and Ray Gigant
Truth be told, Ray Gigant does have some good points, but being a terrible shitty dungeon crawler isn't one.

>Not necessarily MT

youtu.be/cMGWYuH_4eA
muh dick

>tfw DeSu gameplay is boring but the story is interesting
fuck

I'm so split on DeSu. Some days I love it other days I can't stand it.

Gameplay is actually pretty nice though. Not "good" but definitely enjoyable for the most part. Maps are kinda shit though. Specially in DeSu 2.

I kinda dropped DeSu on day 5 for SMT IV NG+
I'll eventually get back to it, the story was alright, but the gameplay wasn't too interesting. I probably don't like srpgs that much

Not surprising. I really like DeSu overall, but the gameplay definitely needed some more thought put into it other than making it a Bahamut Lagoon clone with 7th Dragon's Extra turns added in. Also no negotiations is a big failure in my book. DeSu 2 kinda improved the barebones gameplay but killed the best thing DeSu 1 had: an enjoyable and good story with good writing and pacing.

It wasn't me, you nigger.

Fuck manticores

I thought I was keeping count of alignment in SMT IV well enough, but I got locked into Law route again. Kinda sucks, but I had to do the white ending eventually anyway. I guess I'll just break the game with the grinding DLCs next playthrough

Why did IVA have a better Hawaii scene than P5

Don't understand how you people can stand to actually complete Twisted Tokyo. Gave up during the 2nd level up, it takes forever to grind those incenses, especially with the game having the chance to randomly crash after a battle

According to the recent video, Ishtar plays a minor role in DSJ and is voiced by Mie Sonozaki.

>Under-levelled and powering through anyway.
>Get ambushed by Horde.
>They immediately kill everyone.
>Except for the one I had no faith in from the get go, Apsaras.
>Figure I'll play it out and just reload from Dagda.
>Many turns later Apsaras is still hanging on all alone.
>Asahi tags back in.
>Finally take 'em out.
>Ain't got much mp left.
>Reinforcement Horde appears.
>"Oh shit captain."
>A tough battle ensues.
>The two manage to just barely fight their way till the enemy was flashing red.
>Apsaras is completely out of MP and at red health too.
>Critical hit, Asahi down again.
>Horde smirks.
>*In the Arms of an Angel starts to play*
Post those who've earned their place in Valhalla, your endgame party and your hearts.

What are you talking about? I highly doubt there are several people that have done all the cycles of Twisted Tokyo visiting this thread.
I've also never had the game crash on me. Do you play on emulator? If so you deserve every single crash anyway

P5 took itself way too seriously with trying to solve all of society's problems, and as a result all the fun moments came off as weird or out of place in a serious story. IVA had the same problems, but at least the Hawaii scene was locked behind DLC instead of part of the main plot.

I play on console, digital version. The game has a random crash after battles. I'm not the only one with this problem either

have you ever had a mighty need for something?

Cause thay Pixie ring really makes me shake.

It looks like it would break off really easily.

>Boss just gives himself another turn because he feels like it.
Well, that's a crock of shit.

Will we somehow be able to buy these?

On topic on shin jewellery tensei, Ryuji's ring.
It's not something to wear but on the other hand...

Balance.

I want this too, along with an English translation if possible.

>Lo Nitta

Thank you for the explanations! I'm thinking about picking up Apocalypse soon, the series seems pretty interesting to me.

Do it, it's fun. But realise it's a fanfiction game, basically.

How so? Is it just spin-off bullshit or something?