/wtg/ - War Thunder General

When Edition

Last Thread: >Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>A discord you can use:
discord.gg/kkejYwp

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Px6G3kvcWbiS-sdIR6r4s7lSwfcxguUgJw95qj0NIzs/

>Sound Mods:
moddb.com/mods/b0riss-sound-mod/forum/thread/support-for-sound-mod-in-warthunder-165153

Other urls found in this thread:

warthunder.com/en/game/changelog/current/753
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

god that is a sexy tank

ship cbt when

Did MG151/20 minegeschoss get nerfed? I just unlocked the belts for a spaghetti plane and went from solid hits granting easy kills with the default belt to maximum sparkle with the air belt.

The day they add that vehicle is the last day my cock is not permanently erect

I remember using the XM1 and M1 Abrams series to ram bots in the PVE mode of Armored Warfare
Damn shame the game was kinda shit, hitting 70km/h in a straight line and one-shotting BMP's/BMD's on impact with 60 tons of freedom was the only reason I even played as long as I did
I bet it's gonna either be a 60$ bundled premium, so it doesn't get any discounts, OR it'll be an event only premium where only a certain number of people can earn it
although if the Waffentrager is anything to go by, it might get stuck in the main tree

>Wanting top BR premiums
End your own life.

To be fair to that faggot, he said he bets it would be premium, not that he wants it to be.

>reading comprehension
I never said I wanted it, I said
>I BET
implying that these kikes would most likely pull the shit I described

I can't do this anymore. Axis is where you go to get away from bomber and attacker spam, yet here I am with a team with 5 competitive fighters out of 12 aircraft total.

>Realistic Battles

>5
I count 6, with the 110, and 7 if you include the 129, because that thing is fucking nasty if they can get something in front of them

Has anyone ever spaded the F-80?

Is it worth grinding? It's a beautiful aircraft.

I thought about including a disclaimer, no the 110 is not effective at that tier (except as a headon machine) although he bailed or DC'd shortly after the match started so we didn't get to see if he was good at those, and no the 129 is not an effective fighter no matter how many lucky kills on retards we can get with them (or as a headon machine).

f-80 a shit. a SHIT

Implying the C202ec is a "competitive" fighter

I'd rather take my chances with the 110

I did it when it was still 7.0 and the jet BRs weren't perfect 1.0 incremented steps. It was easymode back then, best jet at 7.0 after the meteor nerfs.

It used to be really fun, and dogfighting with a MiG-9/L with it was some of the best fun I've had in jets, but since it got moved to 8.0 it's not worth it at all
You'll either be fed to G.91's, or shunted up into 9.0 to be a glorified flying target for MiG-15's, 17's, and Canadair Sabres, and that's mostly only thanks to its WEP.. which runs out after a few minutes and turns you into a heavier, slightly better P-80
I miss it

I'll admit that the 129 is a bit more dependent on the enemy being fucking retarded than most anything else on that tier, but I'd say that the 110 is still a great heavy fighter at that tier, although more suited to support and BnZ's on baited targets
But it's also great for baiting spitniggers into stalls and then coming back down on them while they desperately struggle to start turning again

If we're cherrypicking let me find the example where I got six kills in the schrage musik equipped 217. I can't actually find it because it was on a different computer a long time ago. Did that make the 217 an effective heavy fighter? Not really, I just got incredibly lucky over and over again with people turning right in front of me. All it takes is a single non retard to come around behind you and you're toast, with no speed, climb, nor maneuverability advantage to turn the situation around.

Wait does the 110 get an airstart now? That could make it playable I suppose.

It looks like fucking norway so it does by default.

How can other fighters even compete?

By not being a bunch of shitters

Quick reminder that the T114 is absolutely broken, i've managed to non-pen/bounce/do absolutely jack shit to it with about every type of shell in the game including APCBC, HEAT, HEAT-FS, HESH and APDS.

Which first jet should I grind for in the russian and german trees? Is the late russian or german prop grind shit?

I haven't played it since 1.71 hit, but I think it does
that screencap was on the Sicily map

>russian
MiG-9/L
>german
262 or 229

not really

My first and only encounter with a T114 so far was when it ambushed my T-54 and used 4 shots to kill me
I proceeded to hunt the fucker down in my Type 62 and one-shot him with my 85mm HEAT-FS, so I don't know what you're doing wrong to not instagib them

The Bf-109 G6 is a decent fighter to grind the Jets with. My recommendation would be to grind out the Me262 A-1 first. Provided you can learn the lead of the 30mms and maintain speed in fights with props you'll holocaust most of what you come across. It's so fucking good in ground rb too. Just ensure you bring along tanks of an equal or 6.7 BR, as the 7.0 can overtier you badly.

Can't speak on behalf of russian jets personally

Shot one right on the front with a T-44-100 and the shell just decided to nope and non pen.

Did you hit the plate on top? Shit like that has always been really weird when it comes to bounces
If it's the LFP you shot, then yeah, something's fucked

nope, the flat part of the front.

>manage to slip a round through the optics of an IS-6
>breaks the breech, horizontal ring, and kills the commander and gunner
>rush him to finish him off
>he fixed the damage within 15 seconds and one-shots me when I come around the corner
)))

>he hasn't maxed out his crews

T-100-Z when?

just kill yourself

Why am I having such trouble with the Shvak cannons on the La7? I've easily and quickly got the hang and "feel" of american .50s, british 20mms, and whatever the germans use, but I can't seem to get the "feel" of the shvak

O-I when?

you kill yourself, the turret and hull were both made

k
y
s
!

Keep trying I guess. The La-7 is just so disgustingly good it almost makes me feel bad using it. Same with the Yak-9P.

>some faggot teammate has a breeze shooting an enemy down after getting on his tail

>get on someone's tail
>some faggot always pops out of the clouds and instagibs me
>always

why am I always unlucky and why is my pilot so fucking blind as to not see some faggot behind me

What is the best way to level up my pilot? Should I throw him back into a low tier plane and grind a bit there and then seat him back to my current?

Post filenames.

>Still no BT-42

I have the same problem too, I think it's a combination of ShVAKs being underwhelming and the guns being mounted on the top of the cowling

>see a HOT pipe of a hiding rakjak
>lob a desperate heat-fs his way as I rush for cover
>get a kill?
>hitcam shows the heat hitting his launcher causing an ammo explosion
Did they add this in the last patch? I cant remember this ever happening before

Rockets were always able to explode, just memey as fuck

something something about a chinese fortress/castle being besieged and left starved
something something about soldiers started eating civs to survive

>war blunder
>war blunder
>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war b>war blunderder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blun>war blunderder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war >w>war blunderr>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blun>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunderer>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war b>war blunderl>war blundernder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blund>war blunder>war blunder>war blunderer>w>war blunderar blunder[/spoil>war blunderr]>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war b>war blunderl>war blundernder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blund>war blunder>war blunder>war blunderer>w>war blunderar blunder[/spoil>war blunderr]>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war b>war blunderl>war blundernder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blund>war blunder>war blunder>war blunderer>w>war blunderar blunder[/spoil>war blunderr]>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war b>war blunderl>war blundernder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blunder>war blund>war blunder>war blunder>war blunderer>w>war blunderar blunder[/spoil>war blunderr]

truly a pathetic game with terrible devs and unappealing gameplay that needs to be shutdown.

And fuck you all and your mothers for supporting it

IIRC they improved the chances of missile detonation on a hit, as well as making it so that a fucked missile/launching mechanism will force a reload/repair

Well nigger how about you make a better game eh?

s

Shut the fuck up naziboo

Honestly. kill yourself!

ABLOOOOOOO

Is fuel amount modelled into air RB? I have realized that the minimum load of 10 minutes in my La7 is often not enough

bad naziboo! bad!

in rb its kys

yes ofc

holy shit the La7 is a piece of trash it cannot dive nor turn

This is a fucking joke right? It's the best plane in the Russian tree for it's BR.

sick general

>decide to watch le orange doom
>talking about how inexperienced players are easy to tell apart
>proceeds to botch 3 easy kills in a row
>all his shitty opinions
>non stop preaching about the game in his obnoxious voice
Why does anyone unironcially watch some guy play war thunder and preach his terrible opinions instead of actually just playing the game themselves?

where is Taran

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>gaijin just ports in tank maps for air RB
>still ignores EC

>inexperienced players are easy to tell apart
>all his shitty opinions
I'm sure he can tell, over all the fucking time and effort he's wasted playing this game. Bare in mind, he streams WT I think 4 times a week at hours on end. But STILL plays and grinds for videos while off stream.

I don't know how Orangedoom can even stomach so much War Thunder? I don't know how he can stomach being himself. He might be the type person that likes smelling his own farts.

his entire logic about the concerns of War Thunder is;

>"don't complain about War Thunder. Just find shitty players to club (like I do while cherrypicking games for videos) so you'll have nothing to complain about"

the fuck those niggers did to b7a2, it was like best tier 3 plane ever. single hit from plane or aaa sets it on fire

>like I do while cherrypicking games for videos
Right? You can tell from his GF stats that he is clearly using the ONE lucky game of the day for video content. He is at best slightly above 1:1 K/D in any of his ground vehicles.

Damn, I love this plane

>still no B-57B with the 4 (four) M39 revolver cannons
>still only 1 (one) variant of the Bf110
>still only 0 (zero) charlie hebdo attacks on gaijin entertainment's offices

t. nikolai

>MBT/KPZ owners STILL not banned

WTF?!

Never forget that the """""""best""""""" players in this game only play in groups and do a reserve tank exit if they're not at the top of the match BR spread.

what am i into ?

utterly terrible
literally dies in one shot because of a bug
gun points down 10 degrees
unusable

looks accurate in test drive, maybe they fixed it ?

>Never forget that the """""""best""""""" players in this game only play in groups and do a reserve tank exit if they're not at the top of the match BR spread
I was in the top 500 of Ground RB (not sure if that really means that much), and I've done neither of those two things. I think It's actually easier for me to rack-up a higher K/D operating alone.

>people are better than me?
>no way, they must all be using that exploit!
shitters everyone

warthunder.com/en/game/changelog/current/753

HOLY SHIT GUYS!

?

i've seen them exit out regularly, it's not some well kept secret or even an exploit, just bad sports

what am i in for

no memelizer

getting mercilessly clubbed by tigers

not really. its gaijins fault that the MM is such a clusterfuck. dont blame the community for fixing it

>we're fixing the mm by only playing when its broken in our favor
xD

>i like to suck slavic gaijin cock
ok

you got me

Not him but if I can't even choose what map to play and which nation to play against like any other online shooter, I sure will leave the game if it's obvious I'm going to have a hard time.

>client stability improved for the millionth time

Holy shit, the game is saved

what am i in for ?

getting reped by t90 and mi35

>slav delusion
kys igor

What a shitty tank design. Weights much as M1A2 has less armor than M1A2.

did you not play the event?

wo sind die beweise?
wer profitiert?