/fng/ - Fortnite General

FNG revival edition, game is saved.

- PvE receiving big updates
epicgames.com/fortnite/forums/news/announcements/67608-what-are-we-working-on-save-the-world
- block party is coming back

- Battle Royal runs smoother than pubg
- Is better than pubg in every way
- Is free to play

- Download from epic games
- Every game on steam is a failure and you know it

-Sarah is a cute
Previous:

is the PVE free?

Why people ask for keys?

I'm shit at this game and that makes it bad.

shit game people who play this are kikes, this game is a ripoff, cheaply made, terrible netcode and pays off streamers to stream on twitch.

No. The PvE is currently buy/key only. It goes free late next year.

poor netcode
>my sides

I love it because I don't need to do anything for my enemies to die.

Also it makes me feel like Iceman. I really like this mechanic.

>Blue
Man, I'd love to have some recolors for building materials.
>Blue kitchen tile flooring

I just started playing today and got into the top 5 once, and that shit was intense. Really never got that kind of sheer fear in a multiplayer game before.

fug, I can't take screenshots so I don't remember what color the iron plates are. I was trying to remember the last time I used those in a building floor but it was at night so everything had a blueish tint.

I want to fuck Penny.

Fucking REEEE how do you still have that much helath

blue numbers are her shield right?

I think you're misinterpreting the blue numbers breaking as more blue numbers. I only see two hits there.

Green and white.

>Final 2
>Opponent is sitting behind a tree with a sniper, all I have is a shotgun
>I'm at full health and armor, and have plenty of bandages
>"I bet I could dive into the storm and loop around to surprise them from behind
fug

Can't you destroy trees by shooting them?

>sniper lines up exactly on someone standing still
>shoot
>it misses
I really don't understand the aiming in this game.

How close do you cut it with eye of the storm? If I stopped looting a few seconds earlier this guy would be the one shooting me in the back

Usually ridiculously close but that's mostly because I insist on landing on the edge of the map.

I have a favorite spawn location that literally no one else uses (literally literally) but it means 9 out of 10 times I really have to leg it.

PvP
>Shitty grindy unfinished F2P EA game that costs $40
PvE
>Barebones simplistic Battle Royale garbage but at least it's free

Were they far away? Cause there's drop-off.

>grindy
?que
>40$ but also f2p
?QUE

you get the the same expierence with pubg except you dont have to pay here

So is there anyone streaming this game? Seems like it'd be better to watch since the games are a lot quicker than pubg

You can make the jump onto the roof, right?

Yee.

you have it mixed up retard

No, not a single person is streaming this game.

>land at the start of a match
>someone runs up to me and melees me until one of us dies and the other is left with 6 HP
for what purpose

also is there a secret to landing the glider faster? i've been getting swooped on my landing zones

>also is there a secret to landing the glider faster?
I too would like to know this. I've been looking directly down then pressing up and that seems to do something, but other guys appear to go faster than me.

Early skirmishes are way more fun than hiding

>for what purpose
to make you make angry posts on Veeky Forums ofcourse

This happened to me and I realized it was pointless so I just ran away at around 60% hp

this fucking guy chased me with a pickaxe for a good 3 minutes
just straight running to an entirely different area
I finally found a gun and when I turned around to kill the asshole the build menu popped up and I just stood there with the the stupid blueprint in my hand and he killed me

I was really close to busting a hole in my monitor

>it was pointless
>he killed you
lmao get wrecked scrub

>Solo BR
>Just one left
>built a fake "fortress" using all my steel and stone and put some traps in there back when there were 4 other players alive.
>I leave my fortress.
>Other player decides to storm my castle.
>Hit a trap
>I snipe him then end it with a revolver.

As my first win that felt so great

i love doing this

can we fucking delete snipers please. Every trucking top ten player is someone corner camping with a sniper, including me

Can we delete weapons? Just replace them all with traps.

>also is there a secret to landing the glider faster? i've been getting swooped on my landing zones
from my experience you have to drop down way before your landing zone then glide over to it. I guess that's why so many people immediately leave the bus.

Loading up a fortnite level 40 14 day. Ps4 account is Lastspartan300

Power level 40, have megabase Kyle

I wouldn't mind this

traps in general make me feel all giddy inside

Post more webms

As an aimlet I really need more traps in the game. I rarely find any. Where can I complain?

I would if there were replays

>I really need more traps in the game
Damnit I'm reading the entire thread trying not to think about them like this but you pushed it too far

So wait, do people get friend codes for beating the tutorial still? How does that work?

Forgot the picture

Why did no one warn me about loot lake being utter shit? Seriously only commons and one green. Not even a shield or large med pack

Don't land at any named location. Everyone else will and it turns into a mad scramble for not so great weapons

loot is random turbonerd
but you should avoid it because fighting with a bunch of fags right after landing is a fucking chore

But I thought that was the point the more dangerous areas having better loot

In comparison with random hill #43 the loot is usually better, but still random.

There are a lot of 'scenic' locations where there are 2 or even 3 chests in one location where no one else will visit.

Might be anecdotal but I get I higher frequency of shields from a random shack than I do in a building or settlement

>tfw I just noticed I have played dozens of rounds but I have never been in one of the towns
I guess that's where everyone kills each other, while I'm in the mountains cutting trees.

I know places like these but only visit them if the bus starts really far away from them

>that one house in the middle of the lake
>decide to drop down there to check it out
>no good loot
>no chest
>the only way to leave is to walk through the water or make an obvious sky bridge
>both options are basically suicide if anyone nearby has a sniper

lmao remove this shitty location

This is Penny.

She has a big tool and likes nailing dudes. Say something nice about her.

Not as much as a braphog as the Penny in Fortnite. Fortnite Penny also has a much bigger hammer.

>reload a weapon
>Remove all ammo from my purple rifle

You kidding? Every time I drop in there's at least three guaranteed chests hidden around the house, plus the ones on the boats. Barely any people drop in there as well, I see more people dropping near the cargo crates or the prison.

Pretty sure that's Angeles Cid

When are they going to add characters we can dress up with what, it all exists in the pve version so why can't pvp have it

They're working on a f2p business model to add them in. They intentionally made BR barebones as fuck so they could jew things in slowly.

>drop in a town on a roof
>"oh shit a blue drop"
>it's a trap
>"what the fuck do I do with this"
>set up a room in the basement with the zap trap on the ceiling immediately from a turn when you reach it
>people just walk chase you down into it until they die

Why? Are they deaf? It's emitting a giant BZZRT BZZZZZZT that you can hear from miles away, what the fuck? Me and my buddy got four kills off that, and in the top 20 we fucked up two guys with the most basic spike trap setup in a fucking windowed building. People are so quick to chase you down, it's ridiculous.

>not paying attention to death wall and time
>spend last half of the match inadvertently chasing behind the death wall
>have literally 17+ bandages
>sprint, heal, sprint, heal, sprint, heal while trying to catch up to wall
>somehow make it to safety with 3-4 bandages left
>forest area
>6 guys left
>3rd to last circle
>hiding on the outskirts inside small building
>heal up again
>death wall starts closing again
>2nd to last circle
>hiding behind tree
>lucky as shit that nobody knows I'm there
>3 left
>last circle closing
>sprint up still half hidden behind sloped terrain
>take out one guy facing away with my shotgun
>hide behind his tree
>2 guys left shooting at each other
>now 1 left
>he starts healing after picking up bandage from corpse
>pop out of cover
>headshot him with revolver
>cream my pants

So this is the power of battle royale......

Feels good man. Only took my 4th or 5th match.

There is a huge wave of new players just in the last few days, including me. I didn't even know there were traps in the game until a few matches in when I stepped into a floor trap that killed me instantly.

I landed in a house, got a spike trap and white pump shotty. Squad game, I hear them outside.

I drop a trap right after the stairs and wait in the room on the side. All 3 of them one by one, run into trap, get stunned/knocked and then shotgunned in the face.

Just lost a game to a guy with just a revolver
He was camping in the fucking bathroom so i threw 2 nades in and closed the door
They blew up all the walls and he 1taps me
He took no damage

Can someone explain why the scoop is all blurry?

any Fortnite R34 yet?

The scope? You mean the blur outside of the scope? Because that's how it would work in real life. Almost all games do this.

I don't feel like playing solo after playing squad with a friend, wonder if joining randos will be equally fun, I'm not very aggresive I just want to build...

i mean this shit

Randos suck ass. 1 out of 3 times you'll just get team-killed by a bunch of Brazilians.

Can you play with random people?

My spot was defiled ;_;

I wanna get caught in Penny's gas trap.

>not wanting to get more immersed in a game universe by fapping to R34 of it

Apply yourself.

What the fug. How old is this game?? I was checking the fortnite tag and I have seen pictures from 2011.

it's just now gettin good nerd

It's been in development for along time, but it came out this year as early access.

What's the Veeky Forums discord? I wanna squad with some nerds

This guy was engulfed by the storm and still had time to shoot me. are ppeople this thirsty for kills?
next game I'm in the middle of a huge fight as the storm approaches rapidly. I can't believe this people.
Next time I'm building a sky bridge between hills.
> In b4 some nerd shoots me down

So what do you get from buying the game and what do you not get by playing it for free?

discord kills generals

Tried a skybridge and it costed me 500 wood. I can't take it easy like this.
Next round I'm just going to move along the shore.

yeah i get that. totally understandable. any chance you know of a place that people can group up with people with voice chat?

There. I am stuck with Plank SSD3 (I think) and Stonewood 7.
If possible, I'd like help from anyone who's 20+
Also, I still have a friend code to send on PSN if anyone wants PvE.

Ever since my 1st win i keep getting into the last 5 with like 10-15kills then losing
Am i cursed to lose forever now that i got my umbrella?

>keep getting into the last 10
>its been around 20 matches
>still havent gotten a kill

Life is suffering when you spend the whole match looking for someone to kill just to get one shot by a rocket launcher when you finally find someone

where the fuck do you faggots find snipers? i cant find any and keep getting cucked with nothing but pistols

How can you not even get 1 kill?
I dont even try to find people but i always get cunts dropping where i am and i have to fuckn brawl with em for the gun.

I go to remote spots and try to gather gear first then as cloud is moving in thats when i start "hunting" but i keep having these streaks where im literally fucking alone until final 10

How long till the game is free

Next year, no specific date announced yet.