/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #968 - Finally found a good quality version Edition.

>Sonic News

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14033791
youtube.com/watch?v=Yp8XQslushA
bundlestars.com/en/game/sonic-forces-digital-bonus-edition-pre-order
indiegala.com/store/product/sonic-forces/637100
twitter.com/SFGHQofficial/status/907806392463097857
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He isn't.

FIRST for tron silver a hot!!! A HOT!

*BEEP* *BEEP*
Best ship coming through.

What are Sonic and Shadow doing to each other?

*No sleep*

whoops wrong pic

Nothing. They're not even looking at each other.

F A S T

Yep. This is still a thing.

Better luck next time slowpoke.

I have to march 10k tomorrow morning but I stayed up to post that and Silver a cute. CUTE!

Posing in a picture for the President

When did they even have the time to do that in SA2?

Nobody would *BEEP* for that.

that's cute

After Heroes before Shadow.

why

So the president must have shopped this right. If not when the hell was this picture taken?

Sometime after Heroes probably.

Sonic 2 is finally finished. Vote for the next batch: strawpoll.me/14033791

I want Heavy Magician to vore me

Doesn't make it hurt any less.
Amy is easily my favorite character to play is, I always have more fun with her than Tails or Knubbles.

Maybe next game, maybe

Love them, casting my vote towards CD

wait for moveset modding and amy will undoubtedly surface

it's just a matter of how competent the individual amy mod spriters are by the time that comes around

I hope minus8 does a sonic animation with these designs one day.

minus8 is a shit artist and an even shittier animator

what the fuck do you see in their copy and paste trash

Having a second Sonic Fighting Game would be the perfect opportunity to introduce alternate continuity characters (Such as the Freedom Fighters, Cosmo, etc.) into the mainline game franchise.

It would probably be developed by AM2 since they handle Virtua Fighter. Though I would like it if the characters had a wide range of intro dialogue like the Injustice series. (Video related.)

youtube.com/watch?v=Yp8XQslushA

Finally got around to taking advantage of that sale on Forces. Please let it be good.

Why would you need a map for a fighting game?

Mario
>Yoshi gets his own beloved series
>DK gets his own beloved series
>Wario gets his own beloved series
>Princess Peach got a handheld game
>Luigi got two games
>literally none of these play like regular Mario

Sonic
>Tails got two games for a handheld back in the '90s
>Knuckles got a spinoff for a Genesis addon which was just regular Sonic except with a shitty gimmick that made it not fun- didn't even get top billing in Japan, was just another character
>Shadow got a main series game which was just Heroes except shittier

Why doesn't Sega try and do anything with the other characters? Do they not like money? Sonic's friends aren't liked too well over here, but they fucking love them over in Japan. I know Sonic Team doesn't have infinite money and manpower to just shit out franchises, but Mania proved they can at least fund and oversee a second team to work on a separate project.

Maybe they drop powerups, in nay case it's on the 3ds looks like so you got to use the lower screen for something.

Problem is that SEGA has zero interest in using those characters, even in spin-offs.

There's enough game characters, even limited to games actually developed by Sonic Team, that they wouldn't need to unless they wanted to go full Mortal Kombat Armageddon with it.

this is our third thread today. I like when we go fast

Don't know, I'm not the one who made that picture.

I'll be going to bed now. Goodnight /sthg/.

>minus8

S3K font don't fit very well with that background

Engaging in rivalesque shit-talk. It's not as witty as any of us prefer, but it's better than watching Silver drop his spaghetti again.

Here's hoping it is too!

Mainly because of the Sonic shitty friends mentality. I mean they're just starting to let go of that.

I prefer moderate speed, honestly. I like waking up to the same thread I fell asleep on, personally

And?

How can make my own engine to make Sonic megadrive games for PC?

You don't know, man. Some folks'll *BEEP* for anything.

how would Sonic in Melee be like?

Hey sthg, what gets you through a sad and lonely night?

Pretty much based on his Adventure 1 appearance, tone, and style.

Maybe he'd get a lot less hate from the general gaming public too if he came out in Melee first. Because Brawl had the unfortunate timing of coming out after the worst received game in the franchise.

coming here

Talking to strangers on the internet about a blue hedgehog.

shitposting

I'll probably add a black outline specifically for them to deal with the problem.

I wish Sonic was here.

Don't worry, bud! I'm always with you even if you can't see me!

Liking Shadman's art is extremely poor taste.

Who would you rather kiss?
1) Shadow
2) Silver
3) Tails
4) Buddy
5) Amy

Shipposting.

even independently of that, minus8 is laughably shit. even no-hopers like hearlesssoul have more talent

you

There's a sale? Link?

Who gives a shit if -8 likes shadman? I follow him on twitter because he's like the lord moldybutt of the internet and that's what I find hilariously entertaining.

Plus I want more Demencia art outta him.

I dunno, I just fucking deal with it and wait for the next one.

>chao chow
>the die hard bib
>fridge doodles
>rouge's curlers
>random rifle just laying on the floor
this picture is fucking godlike

Talking to myself about philosophy and projects that'll likely never see the light of day.

>Metal Sonic still not playable in Speed battle

sick of your shit sega

I love this hegdehog.

I love you too!

bundlestars.com/en/game/sonic-forces-digital-bonus-edition-pre-order

or

indiegala.com/store/product/sonic-forces/637100

Is Sonic Spinball the only game to show actual roboticization?

Lost World showed the process of animals being stuffed into robots, and Tails got roboticized although they didn't show the exact process for that.

>Tails got roboticized
He freed himself and then put on those fake robot parts to trick the Deadly Six. He was never roboticized.

I cheated by only doing the top parts real quickly, but i'll probably finish up the rest.

yes because roboticization doesn't exist in the sonic franchise outside of the SatAM setting and references to it in Chronicles.

Tails wasn't roboticized, he just had robot plating on him. He pretended to be a cyborg and was completely fine in the next scene because Lost World is the same manner of hack writing that only exists to waste your time as Colors.

Speaking of Speed battle, how does it run for you? After the .4 update it runs like a charm for me, I rarely get lag spikes like I did before. I actually don't have to play the game 2 seconds ahead in order to win anymore.

>roboticization doesn't exist
Literally from the first game you're saving animals from inside of robots.

How do you know this? It's never shown. As far as we know he got turned into a robot while maintaining his free will, and then suddenly gets out of it for some reason.

this looks laughably unfitting, what are you even doing this for

Because nobody really likes the other characters and they wouldn't make money anyways. I mean why not just make the spinoffs about Sonic doing various things? It'd make more money with Sonic on the title than say, Tails

It was always pretty smooth with me. I'm on a v20 which is pretty recent, so its good hardware.

Proof of concept and personal boredom.

I come here. whenever I get sad and lonely I tend to kind of cling to the creators of the comic for some reason,I've started to recognize it's an issue. Sonic Heroes is my feel-good game. I imagine myself grabbing a drink with Ian or showing abt my art or something. I dunno. It's been hard recently.

I mean, I know what you're trying to do, but the amount of people happy about Tails & Knuckles being playable in Mania kinda says otherwise. Not to mention, Shadow being playable in Forces was received positively (level design of his stage aside),

badniks are not roboticized, the fuck are you smoking? they're robots with animals trapped in them. roboticization is a different phenomenon entirely.

>v20
Christ user, lucky you.

Pink rat

Yeah, it's mostly journalists and non fans that perpetuate the "Sonic's shitty friends" meme. Most people generally like Sonic friends, even characters like Shadow which people outside the fanbase constantly shit on.

By all means, the roboticization in the Archie Comics is meant to be an expanded take on what Eggman's done to flickies and wildlife since the very first game. In practice they're radically different, but it's easy to see why people call them the same thing between what happens in the comics and the badniks in the games.

And Tails DID get "roboticized", the buster was fully functioning and it even messed with his visible eye. Tails just off-screen undoes it though and I mean, Lost World's plot is the last thing I'd really care to do critical analysis for.

Remember that IGN guy who kept asking Aaron about Shadow during E3?

I get a new phone every 6 years, because of that I always get the newest phone that came out, which was v20 last september.

twitter.com/SFGHQofficial/status/907806392463097857
>more Sonic fangames coming out of the woodworks
Aw yeaaaah

Where is stage name text?

That's exactly what happens in Sonic Spinball and presumably what the machines you destroy in the past stages in Sonic CD are for. What else do you call putting animals into robots?

a healthy relationship with Christ

Installing batteries

Dorito Pope, how could one forget?
>that pixel art
Cute

I love those rodents

Why is it that fans hate making 2D modern styled games?

i don't know if you remember this but the badniks in CD have magic flowers stored in them.

the machines are generating badniks pretty much out of nowhere using the flower seeds.

>hat