/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Hungry for eyes Edition:

Starving for eyes: >information - If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password = /bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

ps eat the great ones

I'M PIIIIIICCKLLEE ROM

So what I don't get is this.

If blood makes you devolve into beast, why does hunting beast also make you a beast? I mean surely you wouldn't evolve from doing something so primal and simplistic as hunting, but wouldn't the old gods admire you for ridding the world of the filthy lesser beings?

And why are hunters who hunted too much considered blood drunk? Do they just drink the blood of every beast they kill? Why don't we do that?

And it seems like, even if you try to evolve you just get smited and punished by the old gods and the one true way to actually evolve is to just deny the gods and go on a killing spree killing beasts, kin, and gods, apparently.

Why was Gehrman such a beta?

Don't @ me.

The off-shape's only +14. Sorry for being a lying sack of shit.

According to some anons in the other thread, what are the best gems for fire or bolt weapons? Also how much arc did yoi have?

that's kinda overkill if it's even possible to find gems like that, since if I recall properly apparently healing through that method caps out at like 20 or something

Aw fuck I forgot to bring those screencaps to my PC. I knew I was forgetting something.

At 50 Arc, for Fire conversion, the best setup by about 20 AR on a Church Pick, is a BAH radial fire gem with +15 fire, and two Colds with +15 fire. The same setup is best on Kirkhammer by about 4 AR, so it's probably best on all weapons. I guess I could check something with low scaling and base AR like Rakuyo, though.

For bolt, the best setup has to my knowledge always been Abhorrent Abyssal with +33.8 and two Colds, one having +15 bolt and the other having +6% v Open Foes. The aforementioned BAH setup is worse on Pick and Kirk, only by a single AR.

>blood drunk
It's more of a mental state than a literal thing. It's an addiction. it's like hollowing, those who go blood drunk lose their sense of purpose and all they know is MORE BLOOD

Also blood doesn't necessarily make you a beast, it's a combination of a few things, but it's inherently present in everyone. Or, it can be.

I can attest that HP regen will go as high as you can make it go, there is no cap.

Pic related. I'm sleepy and was getting weird numbers at first so feel free to check my math.

anyone wanna do some story dungeons? in lower pthumeru layer 1 pass bbg14

They don't hold up as well on weapons with shit scaling and base damage, but they still outperform Hotdog.

Actually no if you change that typo'd 2 to a 4 they hold up just as well.

But how high can you make it go

144/4sec

*unzips bloodletter l2*

It's the same story with every weapon.

Either I'm doing something wrong, or BAHs are going on the endangered species list.

Loran gardens are nice

Bad masonry work, though

I saw someone ask once if you can get starter Nourishings in Ihyll before moving on to CFR. The user who answered him said no, but you totally can, although maybe you wouldn't want to considering Lumpy exists.

it's probably because I've never progressed far enough on any character through the Chalice Dungeons to encounter them myself, but I keep forgetting that Lost Child of Antiquity is a possible Chalice Dungeon encounter

If you're gonna die, it might as well be aesthetic

Saved.

Nth for claiming Doll

it's not me i was sleeping
and while i'm okay for shitposts, if it's repeated over and over/forced it just becomes stale and annoying

This kills the Boomhammer

>41 vit
Do you not get annoyed by that number?

Nah. It's the actual HP I care about; 1702/ 851. If it were like 1687/843 that would tickle my autism way worse.

>We don't get blooddrunk because of our contract.
this is also why the only way we can turn Beast or Kin despite the huge amount of Blood Echoes and Insight we gain over the game is through the usage of certain special Caryll Runes that partially overwrite the Hunter Rune that is part of our contract

muh

You were at my side all along... my true mentor... my guiding Chikage...

Doesn't roll off the tongue as nicely

hai... you were atu mai saidu all alongu... mai guidingu chikage-san

Sounds good to me, gaijin.

Now this is art...
Well done user, well done

Anybody up to join me in Cainhurst?

ok, pass?

bbg

i'll ring by the fog

Thanks, Dana. Counter hits are no joke.

np, are you making another build? an arc one this time?

Yeah, I already had a 25 str 50 arc, but I deleted it because I didn't like it much. This one will be 50 str 25 arc.

oh cool, untricked hlms is really good for pvp

i'm fighting a guy in mergo that i think is literally retarded

ok

Any coop going on right now?

I beat a guy in mergo today with a kos fist. Place is a shithole

I could use some help in byrgenwerth, ringing at lamp pass is bbg.

Ringing

I'm near the fog.

> go to the effort of befriending Djura
> mashing through dialogue because its my 10th+ play through
> accidentally hit "Hunt the Beasts of Old Yharnam"

Oops. Guess I'll get the gesture in NG+

Thanks, friend. Wanna help me with Frontier too?

Sure

can someone post luci's bloodtinge build?

Forgive me

No worries, I ran to the boss to annoy him. Thank you very much for coming.

Good evening /bbg/

merge with /v/ when?

Hello

How is 24/12/20/12/5/20 for a BL43 wheel/moonlight/various twink?

Seems fine.

Vit isn't too low?

Not at all, but I assume you're gonna run through the chalices for the best runes right?

Yeah lmao, that's the point of a twink!

Anyone needs help or wants to pvp a bit?

let's fight in loran

>wants to pvp a bit
i'm feeling a bit under the weather so i'd like to join as well

I'd be up for an impromptu

noice ringing fellaz

IMPROMPTU AT LORAN

I REPEAT

IMPROMPTU AT LORAN

>What?
BLUD
>Where?
LORAN
>When?
NOW

Sometimes I forgot you have 40 end, Toad.

ok coming

>le infinite fogwall faec
so it begins again huh

Hehh yeah it’s great. it is weird going for my 9end skl build after playing toxi a lot.
I hope I am not too laggy btw

>I hope I am not too laggy btw
You're fine.

we got to stop meeting like this mr bogandoff

great

oh and sorry for the wait had to go outside

tfw no backstep i-frames

wow toxi your net is good now, very good work

Ahh good to hear that, thanks!

That sounded sarcastic, I was being sincere
this phone specifically doesn't auto capitalise specifically on Veeky Forums for some reason

>trying to slow poison first
i’ll stop doing that.

Is that your skl/arc build kitt?

Nah, my skill/arc is called Emma, this is my oldest build I haven't deleted
45/12/25/50/10/6, bl98

>exec gloves instead of beast roar
ree

pls don’t ever mention what item you killed me with cat

Is there a glyph for radial temperings with a faster run to the lever than pwmf22gu?

Not even in dark souls had I ever killed anyone with a thrown item :^)

4vusedmb
I'll look it up to see if the glyph is correct

by68zgaj has a hemwick witch that you can run past by and one watcher before the leaver

Lottie that hurt

They really are pretty comfy

>tfw on a losing streak

It's got 40 blt, I think 27 str, and crap for vit and end. Didn't save it because it's garbo

oh so that's why you didnt die then

Btw I think if you headshot me I am stunned long enough to get another arrow shot, every time you did I couldn't quickstep fast enough

>old gods
Well, for one, they're the current gods, and two, they're bizarre freakish aliens who, although sympathetic in spirit, are still freakish aliens from another dimension. Great Ones don't care about beasts, humans do. There's a translation barrier between them and us that you can't quite overcome. What they want/can do just isn't what we think they can do/what we want. It's the classic cosmic horror problem of human limitation.

How many blood vials did you jam into your leg in Central Yharnam alone? Now imagine you don't have the beasthood in burned away like the Good Hunter. After a while, hunting, killing monsters, becoming filthy dripping in gore, well, the line between man and beast gets blurry. You're brimming with vermin. Beasts are a thing deep, deep in the human form that is brought out. The Beast Roar tool is produced with our own vocal chords, hinting a deeper nature in man. It's a reaction against the old blood. The ultimate form of the beast is an Abhorrent Beast, crackling with electricity, which naturally harms kin, the opposite of beasts.

No one's smiting or punishing you. It's all humanity's fault for instigating rituals, dredging up shit from the Labyrinths, defiling alien corpses, doling out blood, and that translation barrier between humans and Great Ones is why anything bad happens. The whole beast apocalypse is humanity beckoning the moon, the Moon Presence wouldn't have come down, Oedon wouldn't have been making kids if wasn't for us.

it's probably just latency

>The ultimate form of the beast is an Abhorrent Beast
oi m8, say that in Loran and not above ground and see wot comes about

we're using the new rules, right?