/gtag/ - Grand Theft Auto General

Hunter Edition

>le old bread xddd:

>Crews for GTA:O
Join a crew by posting your SC name and crew you want to join in the thread then clicking the link below and requesting an invite. Make sure your profile visibility is set to public. Do not kill/grief fellow crew members.
socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/gtag_pc (PC only)
socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/gtag_vg_-_ps4 (PS4 only)
socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/meat_for_the_grinder (Xbone ft. 100% crew black)
socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/flibinjibervans (Alternative meme color crew)
Other crews: pastebin.com/GtsCr3VL
>Steam Group - No heterosexuals allowed
steamcommunity.com/groups/gtagonlinevg
>PS4 Community - GTAG VG Community (No heterosexuals allowed here either)
To join the community, search the community name in "Discover Communities" and leave a request.

>Older threads
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/gtag/type/op/

>Helpful information for new players
pastebin.com/wmwvpEmr
>Regularly updated vehicle stat spreadsheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g2Qy84YUrYu_YCcdjMhzDGuNMzwNtjVjIJzdRmrHu6Y/edit#gid=1868604557

>Graphics settings guides for GTA V
gamersnexus.net/game-bench/1909-gta-v-graphics-optimization-guide
geforce.com/whats-new/guides/grand-theft-auto-v-pc-graphics-and-performance-guide

>Latest added content
socialclub.rockstargames.com/news/article/60278/This-Week-in-GTA-Online-Howard-NX-25-Now-Available-Plus-the-Latest-In-

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QkkoHAzjnUs
gtaforums.com/topic/897408-if-rockstar-opened-gtao-to-advertisers-would-you-keep-playing/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Transgenders destroyed GTAG.

Post your cars

If I regret my bunker purchase (location), can I buy another one and get rid of my current one?
Will I lose the upgrades I've made?

ye, new one will replace your current one. You lose all research but I think you keep the upgrades.

This game is such shit, i can't believe you morons still play it

Research that is in progress, or research that's already been completed?

we stick around to complain about it

You'll get to trade it in, and the bunker itself plus any non-cosmetic upgrades will trade in for half their value.
Your supply, research, and stock meters will empty, but any researches you have completed will stay completed. You won't have to re-grind for explosive ammo and Oppressor missiles and all that crap.

t. No friends.

Ah, ok. So the yellow interior is money wasted, and the equipment, workers and security I'll get half of what I paid, but then need to buy them for the new bunker.

Might be worth a loss to get out of Paleto Bay and into Chumash.

Post the cutest /gtag/!

This is BasedViva!
Say something nice about her!

What is the best motorcycle and why is it the Zombie Chopper?

Being a massive faggot is the 1st.

How bad is this faggot's snappers anyway?
I bet he's the sort of cunt who sends all his snaps to his inner circle but makes them a story anyway.

>Viva and Blater sandwich
Yum..

So I saw ads for RDR2.
That makes me feel like this game is gonna die.

>Some randum starts asset recovery.
>I happen to be nearby in a buzzard.
>He shoots me down.
>I eventually put an explosive sniper round in his mission car.
>He isn't too happy.
>I kill him.
>Launches rockets at me.
>Misses.
>Kill him again.
>Hear that train a-commin.
>Hop on.
>It's rollin round the bend.
>He chases me.
>Hilarity ensues.
>He calls mercs on me but, I kill them with the old special carbine.
>He tries to blow me up.
>I kill him.
>Oh how I love the train game.
>He dies over and over trying to kill me.
>I blew up his armored kuruma.
>Votes to kick me from session.
>Nobody cares.

I'm going to miss the train game more then any adversary mode I tell ya whut.

With the Homies, my inside circle, it's a bunch of inside jokes and memes. My stories are just shitposts. If you'd like, you can find out for yourself

Sometimes the simplest things are the most fun. That's what I love about GTAO. It's a broken mess but the emergent gameplay is part of what makes it worth it.

>Viva talks about the game!
>He's not like other attention whoring tripfags!!
kys my man

Sorry, just wanted to answer the guy's question since no one else can. Nevertheless, you're right. About the on-topic part, not the kys part

What's your favorite Contact mission in Grand Theft Auto V, my guy?

Lamar missions are comfy

All the kiddies will fuck off back to GTAO once they find out there aren't any explosive meme vehicles they can rely on to boost their K/D. Either Rockstar accepts that and keeps the game as faithful to its setting as possible, or shit on its immersiveness and quality by adding in pegasus horses that barf lasers and shits dynamite.

I only have a truck

Are the tranny gta discords just as dead as the general?

Can I join two different crews at the same time?

Yes, 5

Of course you can. Obviously, you can only represent one crew at a time

Did you wanna join our crew for Heist shenanigans?

No, why would you presume such a thing?

>Hunter Edition

wait what is it out?

First time trying out the editor, should probably increase my settings a bit more next time.

>tfw no flares for the buzzard

god dammit the buzzard is my shit, i launch dumbfire missiles like a god because its handling is so good

A handy thing to do is to make a copy of your settings.xml file and then make a separate config with your settings maxed for use in the editor, where it doesn't matter if you get high FPS.

That's a good idea, I noticed upping the MSAA made the game a lot prettier but also kept my framerate at a solid 20.

>this screen serves no purpose
>still have to eat it each time I sign up for a heist
why does this shit exist? why must online be so clunky and load heavy? will RDR2 be the same shit?

>try to join an activity
>activity is full
>forced into new session
why

I've bought and sold this car at least 4 times now

There's literally no way to profit off the stock markets, is there?

In the single player? There are special missions which manipulate the stock market, think you get them all from Lester.

no

ayy Turismo Classic represent

those rear view mirrors are retarded as fuck

When you're a passenger in a friend's car and they got Self Radio playing, what do you hear?

FlyLo FM, it's the default radio station of the game because Rockstar has shit tastes in music other than classic rock and power pop.

Just bought a bunker. I'm purely interested in making money at this point, I can worry about research in the future. If I understand right, you let your stock build up automatically, refill supplies as needed, then sell when you get full? Is there anything else I need to know?

been in the discord a little while. i think trannies share the blame with furries.

Sell in small batches to minimize risks.

How small would you recommend?

The NPC need an accuracy nerf.

radio off is the patrician's choice

Post hangars.

Unironically pic related, I've been using it so often that by this point it's the only thing I actually drive on the roads. Touring the streets with a MiG is pretty damn fun.

that is aesthetic af

$175K in the bottom right corner is the maximum you can sell and still only have one delivery vehicle. $175K-$350K is the range for two vehicles

Good to know, thanks

It's now nearly SIX YEARS since the GTA V trailer first dropped. Over half a fucking decade.

youtube.com/watch?v=QkkoHAzjnUs

shit. why do the last 5 years or so feel as if they've flown by?

Because nothing interesting have changed in the world.

Okay, I've got an honest question for you and I'd like an honest answer, /gtag/. I'll provide some context.

There's this thread in GTAForums that talks about exploring the possibility of Rockstar opening up to the idea of letting corporations to advertise their products in their games or let their products be virtually tangible there, similarly to how Mercedes-Benz advertised in Mario Kart, to lower the prices of the content. After reading the thread a couple of times and looking at OP's replies, I have a feeling that the thread is created either by a shill or by a Rockstar employee using GTAForums as a test group and see their reaction to ideas they've been discussing in the boardroom.

gtaforums.com/topic/897408-if-rockstar-opened-gtao-to-advertisers-would-you-keep-playing/

Here are some excerpts from the thread that makes its OP look very, very suspicious:-

>Talks about how horrible the Smuggler's Run update was with the pricing of its content and low pay. Immediately follows it with the suggestion of the "possibility" of real-life advertisers replacing in-game ads to lower the prices of the content.
>Discusses how companies stopped advertising in fully-paid games and started advertising in microtransaction-infested games.
>Suggests that real ads will make the game more "refreshed" and attract more players to GTAO.
>Indirectly claims that hearing ads like ones for the new Dodge Challenger Demon would be more exciting than hearing the same Bravado "United We Stand" ad.
>Suggests that ads benefit those who don't want to buy shark cards or grind the game. A bit of a stretch, but he may be hinting at Shark Card buyers being exempt from the influence of the ads and those who don't buy any will hear and watch these new ads.
>Uses the YouTube advertisement crisis as a red-herring to promote videogames as a new and more reliable platform for ads.

Does /gtag/ think this is a horrid idea or a not-so-bad one?

>Implying cuckstar would just content prices after reaping in more money

just drop*

>real-life advertisers replacing in-game ads
The sad thing is this will be a totally normal thing in the near future

Questionable
>Use my new Dodge Challengerâ„¢ as a getaway vehicle after robbing a bank
>Celebrate a successful heist by fucking a prostitutes on my Recaroâ„¢ race seats
>Their 5* crash safety rating does nothing to stop a shitter from turning my car into a burning heap with an RPG

Advertisement is general cancer. Just make the game subscription based.

I'm okay with it as long as those ads are just visual boards and slogans, or radio plugs. If they start forcing us to watch an ad before we can login, or during loading screens, I'm fuckin' done with this game. But shit like billboards with coke, dodge, sprint, toyota, trojan, etc-- totally fine with it. In fact, it would make the game feel more realistic if everything was real world brands, instead of rockstar created.

That being said, it would end up being a half done deal that uses a mix of real world and rockstar brands. Might feel a bit tacky if not done 100%, so not entirely on board with the idea.

>dat clean, cohesive, luxurious look
Damn, if only mine wasn't full of aesthetically incoherent military vehicles.

>when you used to hold R* to a high regard due to them always having well made games
>when you get sucked into the slippery slope of GTAO and realise how far they've fallen from "grace" with the amount of jew shit they've pulled

It really gets the almonds activated when even normies have made comments about V's inflation problems

Anyone else wishes we could have two hangars at once? I want one in LSIA for civilian aircraft and one in Zancudo for military ones, having both kinds together does look like a massive clusterfuck.

>tfw just found out that most radio stations on Chinatown Wars only played songs from a single artist

Blame real life.

>implying you can't fix real life mistakes on a fictional copy that takes inspiration from it
lmao

It's not about fixing them, it's about emulating them.

God, right in the feels. To think that a little more than a decade ago Sam Houser was enthusiastically talking about how video games are the next big step in narrative-driven media and how we're potentially witnessing one of the greatest artistic revolutions of the century, only to culminate in this microtransactions fest bullshit.

says you

If they wanted to "fix" them they would have just made it a full F40 clone from the start.

also the people making the game

Even worse, Sam fucked over the very guy who helped them out of RDR's messy development and paved the evolution of the GTA franchise until V's and Online release.

well they're pretty bad at it

>aesthetically incoherent military vehicles

Sounds like Livin' the dream to me, user.

So are you saying that they're good or bad at emulating the real world's mistakes, because so far you're saying both.

I should have said "well they're pretty bad at it, if that is their intention" to make clones of real world cars
I think what they're really doing is taking design liberties and trying to jam two or three different cars together, whether for legal or creative reasons, and sometimes succeeding and sometimes not

Trench warfare update when?

>I think what they're really doing is taking design liberties and trying to jam two or three different cars together, whether for legal or creative reasons
Yes, that's exactly what they do, for both reasons. Nobody's saying they're cloning real world cars 1:1 though, they're saying they embrace the stupid parts of reality rather than discarding them. That's basically Rockstar's MO.

And if I'm going to put an F40 and a Testarossa together, I wouldn't take the side mirrors from the Testarossa

Rockstar would, because they're making fun of Ferrari's stupid decisions.

more tanks never

Maybe, but sometimes it just seems like they're doing a bad job of designing attractive cars. The only joke with the Torero is the guy who made it.

I would like to join in on the ERP sessions.
Ferskenhest