docs.google.com/document/d/1eKXbdEr6jnTG5DcMQX2qcMlsmYQ8hO6Sl3-sySYpHR4/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

Other urls found in this thread:

geforce.com/whats-new/guides/geforce-experience-shadowplay-is-now-share
youtube.com/watch?v=Qsj4_SRohPw
discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

> that picture is exactly how it SHOULD work: telegraphing or visual clues for every instance of damage
Notice how that picture is curiously devoid of a reaction time requirement?

I agree with your statement on principle just not that reaction time should play a role. There's an amount of reaction time you need to play the game but it should not be higher for traps.

Thankfully because this is dark souls, almost every trap in the game can be cheesed by just having a shitton of health

> It's no different than having a guide, except the guide is in-game
Yep, basically this. If I remember right they mentioned that other players (especially in the west) using guides and relying on player signs pushed them to make traps deliberately more obscure in DS2 as a reaction, they thought they had to keep up with wikis for handholding. DS3 seems to be them fully embracing the handholding instead of fighting it. Probably a better move in the long run.

The irony is that DS2 having more obtuse bullshit just promotes people to rely on guides more. During my first playthrough, I was adamant about not using a guide.
...until I got to earthen peak and couldn't figure out how to make the poison go away. I tried everything. I explored everywhere, looking for secret passages and invisible walls and switches. Nothing would make the poison stop.

Eventually had to just say "fuck it" and went onto a wiki and found out about burning the windmill.

>My concern is that ALL schools of magic are gimped. Dark is gimped the most, because of how it's spread across multiple schools though
Stop trying to be edgy. There is no "Dark school of magic. This is NOT ds2. Every school of magic is just fine if you know what you're doing.

>And this is coming from someone who absolutely hated magicfags in previous games for being OP

So are you saying you didn't even play magic builds before ds3?

SOTFS is best souls

Is it just me, or is the kang sucking on her hat?

You're right, user. I just want dark magic to be viable because I'm coldsteel the hedgehog.
teleports behind you
nothin personnel kid

>But now they've gone down the bloodborne route where there's more emphasis on twitchy dodge rolling and less on thoughtful level progression.

If you're getting old and can't dodge anymore then stop trying to do shieldless runs and pick up a Greatshield.

Does the Twin Princes Greatsword consume both individual prince swords?

Yup. If you want all the twin princes weapons you technically have to play through the game 4 times.

Boggles my mind that people would play Souls for this long with shields, it's so damn boring.

>I just want dark magic to be viable
You have two game where dark magic is the strongest shit

Are the people who strawman dark souls 2 criticisms serious or not? I literally played like "player 1" in those image macros through both 1, 2, and 3 just like it acts like you should and yet 2 was the only game where it still punished you by design frequently, both 1 and 3 have its moments but they don't have it as part of the core game design.

If you actually think this isn't a valid criticism of 2 you are objectively retarded.

Fugg
Would anyone trade any prince sword for any other boss weapon in the game?

Posting again since the thread just about hit 750

I have the NVIDIA overlay to record my gameplay, but for some reason it doesn't save any recordings when I'm playing DaS with DSFix and DSCM. DSFix forces Dark Souls into windowed mode, but I've recorded DS3 in windowed mode no problem before.

Does anyone have a quick fix to try?

It's not just you

try turn off and on. sometimes shadowplay doesn't recognize the program if you change window size or full screen

I'm not asking for it to be the strongest shit. I desire balance. I don't even use dark magic; if you paid attention to my original post, I was listing ways that various schools of magic in general could be buffed.

I don't want OP magic. I want as many viable and balanced playstyles as possible. In DaS3, melee is king, and magic is shit, but dark magic is the shittiest of them all. I don't want anal bead one-shot bullshit like in DaS1. I just want viability

Especially since DaS3 is inherently very linear and one-note anyway, so any bit of increase in variety helps a lot

>magic is shit
Just use sorcery

I think most people agree that dark souls 2 has some legitimate friction/problems especially with players who loved DS1, but that it's mostly due to rushed development rather than any sort of actual bad decision making, and the game itself holds up despite that.

There are arguably more egregious problems with DS1 and DS3 but they get downplayed because those problems are the result of giving the players flashy, fancy visuals and memorable moments.

But the problems with DS2 get exagerrated because they feel like unnecessary inhibitors to your fun. DS2 creates this big broad framework and people get pissed because having 10 options means you'll always end up picking the worst one by accident.

DS2 is closer to what From Software is known for though, which is creating a very complicated framework for combat and customization, and then making a game that actively challenges players and does NOT give them any hints or tips or handholding. I know people say DS1 lacks handholding but compared to AC or King's Field it's a complete joke

The hard parts of DS1 are part of a hard video game. You get a sense that they're little tricks being played by the developer and you're guided into discovering it.
The hard parts of DS2 are just -hard-. They aren't tricks, they're developers making a world actively designed to prevent you from making progress, because why would Mytha allow her windmill and weakness to be obvious?

turn what off and on, exactly? Shadowplay starts anytime I start a game, and the overlay is there when I have Dark Souls running, but it won't save any clips as files for me to use.

I mean instant replay. alt+z is default but if you can't find it go here geforce.com/whats-new/guides/geforce-experience-shadowplay-is-now-share

case in point, a lot of the classic armored core games started you off immediately in combat with no explanation of the controls and no ability to save. You had to survive at least 5 minutes of combat without even knowing what buttons to press before you were allowed the -honor- of creating a save file and naming your character.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qsj4_SRohPw

Guess what game does that too?

Dark Souls 2, where you can actually fight the ogre before character creation.

Maybe that's bad game design, but it's at least unique. I hate the direction From is going with DS3 where the first few hours are all handheld tutorials to make sure players don't regret their purchase or refund the game

>start deprived
>still get that armor set you get before character creation

feels good tbqh

I love rocking that starter set as I piece together my first bits of loot.

Well not all of us are teenagers who play video games all day in their mothers basement and can dodge every single attack.

yeah we're on the same page here. The overlay comes up when I press alt+z, but when I select "save replay" or "start recording" it doesn't actually save any of the clips. It says "clip saved" or whatever, but the files just don't exist

that's one enemy that 99% of new players aren't going to encounter because he's on a side path you have to look for, hardly throwing you into the thick of it

>people who strawman dark souls 2 criticisms serious or not?

No. It's all mostly from a samefag who likes to debate and doesn't actually play any of the games but he does seem to have a whole lot of free time to argue and shit post all day.

It's the thought that counts. It also applies to how little DS2 actually shows you the controls or tells you what is good/bad/easy/hard early on and lets you figure that out for yourself.

At it's best, it's clever.

At it's worst, it's "HUE HUE HUE YOU'LL DIE SO MANY TIMES"

If you don't even use it then how the hell can you give any comment on if its viable or not?

Magic is fine in ds3.

check file path? my other suggestion is to google the problem

That's just classic Fromsoft. I can think of more examples, like the narrow bridge you start on in Shadow Tower or even Asylum Demon in DaS.

And her expression and arm motion match it
>leave it alone you ass

Not really.

yeah, yikes. the overlay can't grab Dark Souls with DSFix on because it's a custom DLL. I'd have to enable Desktop Recording in order to get any Dark Souls clips. Bummer

I'm a bit on the fence about the asylum demon, given how they give you so much tutorial ahead of the time. DeS's intro isn't so bad, since you actually aren't expected to beat the boss but you still end up in the middle of an explorable, combative world without feeling like a puppet.

That's what I don't like - feeling like a puppet being controlled by the developers. That's the sense I get a lot from DS3.

Just set up OBS to record clips in the background. It's not elegant but it works.

Explain how magic isn't fine.

>I'm a bit on the fence about the asylum demon

He fits in nicely. They put you against him unarmed if you didn't choose the Black Firebombs. They do this thing where they make the game world appear dangerous to the player, when it actually isn't when you get accustomed to the controls and such.

>He fits in nicely. They put you against him unarmed if you didn't choose the Black Firebombs.

The problem is that you aren't really capable of fighting him WITHOUT black firebombs, but it's better than DS3.

>make the game world appear dangerous to the player, when it actually isn't
That's what I DON'T like. I want the game world to appear dangerous because it is -actually- dangerous and you have to actually learn how to play to progress. Asylum demon feels too much like the developers are chuckling in the background at players who don't get the joke, instead of being a hard but reasonable challenge without preparation.

I get what you're saying though and we're just splitting hairs on personal taste.

>discordfags baiting this hard
if someone wants a discord link they can ask in the thread, it doesn't need to be in the OP

Well you can fist the demon to death, you even get a special prize for killing him early. If From would make the early game world actually dangerous like you suggest, I think it would be too hard for new players.

The bridge isn't hard when you learn the controls.
Vanguard/Asylum Demon aren't hard when you know where to stand and know the controls.
The same goes for the Ogre in DaS2.
The same goes for the Werewolf in BB.
The same goes for the Ludex in DaS3.

They have this formula, but I'm not sure how it should or could be improved.

And if someone didn't have such a hateboner for the discord boogeyman they'd just leave it in the OP instead of constantly trying to remove it.

small question, is it better to start as Deprived in 2 for more stat potential or does it sometimes depend on build?

>discord
why is there always one guy trying to make a metaclub in every game? were already talking about the game here, and no one wants your drama shite.

and i'd give you the benefit of the doubt but the fact I already know about you bitching about discord in previous threads proves my point.

We've said this a thousand times
>lackluster damage until 50 at least int
>have to sacrifice estus to cast
>2 ringslots necessary, 3 if you want to use a shield or weapon along with the catalyst
>enemies are fast enough to catch up with you unless you drag them to leash range
The best sorcerer build is legitimately to stop at 30 int and just use mercury while hiding with hidden body and spook, at least until you get the court sorcerer staff and can have 50 at least int with respectable vig/att/end and then you end up doing slightly better damage than a basic melee build while requiring your enemy to not pay attention

does anyone actually use the player list?
might be useful for xbone players

You'll eventually level almost every single stat anyways. And unless you're minmaxing levels for dueling in the arena, it doesn't matter anyways since invasions and summoning are based off of Soul Memery.

No, it was removed in one revision of the OP after some discussion that it was outdated, but it has made a comback recently for some odd reason.

It's not even hard.

Jannies doing their job? Is this the opposite day? I didn't report you by the way.

The player list is/was maintained by some tripfag some time ago, but he probably quit and it's also probably outdated to hell.

good, get your steamy shit out of here

thanks, I almost forgot things changed with summoning, I guess I don't need to overkill on saving one or two stat points this time around.

DS2 matchmaking is based on SM so rather than picking the class that has the least of what you're not going to level, you pick the class with the most of what you will level. Probably the one thing SM did right, intuitive starting classes
Thing is, it barely matters in the long run. Deprived I guess would be equally bad for any build, since every stat is 6 or so.
By the way, soulsplanner shows SM to reach that point, so you can pick your final build and switch between classes to see which is best. Once again though, barely matters
Get fucked, spamshit

can't wait for the event;)p

Bruh, I understand what you want to do but
>Midroll with no poise and havel's ring

>22.3 Weight left
>Mid Roll

>they don't know

you know it's a fastroll without catalyst

This is literally against the rules and goes against the spirit of Veeky Forums itself.

Just because some no life autist decides to make threads 20 posts early to force it in the OP doesn't mean it should be there.

are you so bad you need to be midrolling to tumblebuff?

>One shot a novig phantom with Cathedral Knight charged R2

Oh my god that feels good

You have no idea what you're talking about

It's always been in the OP. Someone's just been trying to force it out of the OP because they hate the Discord for some reason.

If you check the archives, the Discord link (which nobody forces you to click) has been in the OP plenty of times with no complaint.

>not having a curse weapon to deal with idiots like that

sheesh

>It's always been in the OP.

No it hasn't. If it's fine then just post it in the thread now. And people can click it without it being in the OP

I did that once to an Iron Fleshed invader. Wasn't a one-shot, but I was kind of surprised that it knocked him down at all.

>post it in the thread
>when the retarded janitor thinks that it's spam advertising or some shit

>goes against the spirit of Veeky Forums itself.
oh fuck off

The spirit of Veeky Forums is to make money by being the largest anonymous imageboard.

Anonymity is only useful for some things. God forbid someone actually wants a place where you can send PMs and voice chat instead of trolling the boards.

If anything giving people the choice to be anonymous or not anonymous and still engage with the community is closer to the "spirit" of what you talk about than being a shitty censor because you don't like one sub-group of the place you shitpost at.

Wrong. Your historical revisionism is showing. Discordfags are just closeted namefags. No one complains about it except the discordfags.

It's literally against the rules. If you think it's not against the rules then post it again.

I added more endurance so I can say I'm hardcore just like you, even though it's fucking stupid.

Cathedral GS is great

The R1>R2 true combo destroys shitters, and while the vertical UGS moveset is generally pretty mediocre, it's great if you're fighting people who do nothing except walk around you in a retarded attempt at flanking. Not to mention, blunt damage, so hitstun for days.

Only issue is that the spinning version of Stomp is kind of garbage. Well, that and the obvious deficiency of not having horizontal R1s unless you 1h. But it's pretty difficult to parry a turn and burn anyway, so if you only use the 1h for that you should be okay.

I wonder if these could be combined. Like buffing the Stone GS with a poison resin. Sure it's not OP but far more interesting instead.

Quote me this supposed rule you think it violates, because every time we have this argument there's always one idiot who thinks it's against the rules and it's fun to prove them wrong. The global rules make NO mention of links to other chat services or sites except for illegal content. The Veeky Forums rules make no mention either.

I'm guessing the janitor assumed it was a double-posted thread and didn't actually read it to see what was different.

see

I've thought about using the Cathedral GS just for the hell of it, what would be the easiest way of farming? The knights right before Oceiros?

>he tumblebuffs
>when he can just CE instead
If you're going to exploit, then may as well go all the way since there's literally no cheat protection in DaS1

PvP watchdog is actually pretty good at checking for hacked stats or permanent buffs

The fastest one is the one standing in front of Deacons, aggro him with a bow and then kill him without inteference from the deacons or the shield+mace Cathedral K***ht.

On the same subject, how's the Great Mace? Already at a disadvantage being a Great Hammer?

Tumble buffing is no worse than toggle escaping.

and both make the game much worse

though tumblebuffing has the potential to actually remove all competitive element from the game whatsoever, especially if you buff while they're still loading

>The global rules make NO mention of links to other chat services or sites except for illegal content. The Veeky Forums rules make no mention either.

Post it again then and be done with it. If its allowed to be here then nothing will happen and faggots can find your shitty chat group.

It's meh. There's nothing bad about it, but nothing super great. It's just an average greathammer.

The one thing that always pisses me off about it is that for some reason it's heavier than the CKGS. Really activates my autism when I want to do a cosplay and it's easier to fit the UGS + greatshield than the GH + greatshield.

Big AR, perseverance, it's basically a slightly stronger borthammer without the frostbite.

Greathammers are fine for invading, just don't use them in duels.

I agree DaS1 is shit.

I gave GLGS the furysword's move set, dspw didn't detect shit

Cathedral Knight helm, gauntlets and leggings
Court Sorcerer Robe

Heide Knight cosplay Y/N

Court Sorcerer might not have the armor-like appearance of the Heide Mail. Herald?

Doesn't look ragged enough

Court sorcerer is about as close as you can get.

Silver knight leggings

>Forgot to give Onionbro his armor
RIP Grey Rat

Who cares, he's filthy thief

Discord: discord.gg/C3AX2Hk

There isn't really anything to match Heide Knight armor, unfortunately. You'd need a combination of white ragged cape, and chain mail chest.

Herald is more for Maldron cosplays.

And this is why you back up your saves regularly. You can also get Patches to save him, it's a bit more tedious but works just as well.

And he stole my heart

If Estus Flasks are green when empty, and Ashen Flasks are clear when empty, what color is Estus for it to be so yellow?

very yellow

Shit-brown, just like the entire range of the color palette for DaS3.

It's like bottled sunlight

I just got summoned as a gray spirit on the rats place without being on the rats covenant, what gives?