Uni thread

Haven't seen a uni thread here in a while.

>What you're studying

Computer Science + French language dual honours at Uni of Glasgow here

University of Minnesota
Economics and Russian

University of North Florida

History with a minor in Religious Studies

I don't care for the religious studies, honestly. It's thinly-veiled sociology and a gigantic waste of time. I anticipated more history and philosophy.

I graduated from Queen's in 2014, polisci and sociology.

Graduated with a bachelor's in history from Warwick, recently followed it up with a master's from the War Studies department at King's.

May look to do a PhD stateside in the next few years if I can swing a GRE score good enough for some of the better polisci departments

History and international relations at Exeter University
I'm only in first year, I took additional German too

Eeee! I'm an American Econ student studying abroad at Uni of Glasgow. Pretty school u got here.

University of Central Florida
Archaeology Maj History min

Loyola Chicago Senior here

History and Latin major, Greek minor

>
Shit tier school
Shit tier degree

K I L L M E
I
L

M
E

Physics

>Glasgow
>shit tier

Edinburgh

MA (Hons), Ancient Mediterranean Civilisations.

Thinking about switching to pure archaeology but my heart's in the classical world.

Where my Mac boys at?

McMaster University sounds fake.

Bump

Tuum Est, y'all.

International Relations/English Lit, graduating in the spring.

University of North Carolina,
Studying History

LMU Munich
Anglistics - Major
Philosophy - Minor

MSc Sociology

Holy shit, I didn't expect to find another UNF student on here.

How would you rate Exeter and the history course there?

University of West of Scotland
Chemical engineering.

inb4 glorified college. My course has got better results than Strathylcyde. It isn't the best university though to be fair.

Land grant uni on full-ride.
Double majoring History and East Asian studies with Honors
2nd year is pretty tough. How much you guys read every night?

Why are Scotfag unis so well represented in these threads?

History at AU. It's not bad.

Electrician.
Commercial site.

I created one of these the other day, died without a single reply.
Ah, what's it like?
I've applied to LSE, thoughts on it and the London lifestyle?

So far I'd say the biggest change from what I'm used to is that it feels very impersonal. I don't know what it's like for Bachelors but so far I have very few classes and a lot of independent study, with tons of non-assessed but compulsory coursework, if your courses are anything like mine you will only rarely see your classmates. Can't tell you much about the London lifestyle since I've only been in this city for a month and a half.

Cardiff University

History BA

Its ite

Please don't laugh

[spoiler]Liverpool John Moore's [/spoiler]

History BA

Doing 2 years at the local community college because i'm a poor idiot, then another 2 at either Appalachian State or Eastern Carolina.

History major and economics minor

I'm tempted to go somewhere cheaper but then my degree becomes useless, well more useless than it already is.

I've met a surprisingly large amount of history majors here at Creighton.

whats with all the english and american universities? where are the mainland european ones and others :'(
University Politehnica of Bucharest
Electrical Engineering

East Carolina.

Going to become a History teacher.

University of Houston, studying History and French.

University of Manchester

MA: Poverty, Conflict & Reconstruction

>University of the West of Scotland

Why aren't you majoring in Gaelic and Sheep Studies?

why not just standard uni of lpool lad?

Coucou :3!

did you like it?

UCAB Guayana
Communications and history is just a hobby

No other german user here?

I'm the western neighbor if that's enough for your liking.

I'm not picky.
Where do you study?

Panthéon-Assas which is quite stereotypical for my countrymen, hence why I don't speak out about it.

Hey frenchy,
what do you study?
Also, I just read some diaries of germans who did internships and such in France in the 60's/70's. They reported of quite a lot of hatred towards Germans...
Is it still like that? I seriously doubt it, but the older generation probably doesnt let got of prejudices that easily.
After all, we are the only countries who can save the EU.

Economics with a minor in International Relations.

History is what I read in my spare time. I envy History major that actually make the degree work for them and it makes me second-guess my choices sometimes

I may have the opportunity to do a postgrad at either Georgetown or Princeton in the future. As a Briton, sell me on Georgetown.

cultural and intellectual history from 1300-1650, pretty fun stuff.

Well in terms of academics and employment, Georgetown has its hands in a lot of the businesses and organizations that inhabit DC. I bagged an internship by my junior year and its pretty nice. The staff is great and more importantly the class size is relatively small, so its easy to make connections even if you're... less socially graceful, as I am. It largely depends on what you're looking for though, and I don't know much about Princeton.

Also, DC has a fuck ton of job/internship opportunities of you have a degree, and if you're bilingual, even better.

Visit if you can, it's a great school that genuinely wants it's students to succeed

>what do you study?
Hah, not that accustomed to answering that knowing that everyone in France would presume (rightfully) that I was studying law which is where the university draws its prestige.

>They reported of quite a lot of hatred towards Germans...
Strange considering that those coincide with the years of de Gaulle and Adenauer's friendship, which radiated across France and stifled whatever there was remaining if hatred against Germans. Then again, those contemporay to the WW2 might've still harbored some resentment for the occupation, which had them suffering first from mistreatment (the 1940 Rethondes agreement decreed that France had to hand over 400 millions Francs a day) and from British bombardments. That, and what psychologists too would argue to be the shame entwined with the 1940 debacle, leading to hatred against Germans. But few people today remain rooted in German-phobia. My grandmother would still use the word "boche" though, but it's all in good fun, and with her it's forgivable since her grandfather came home deranged from Verdun, and she saw the Wehrmacht parading in Berlin in 1940 which maybe spooked her. My other grandparents though simply say "allemands", and emotionally they're much closer to the Algerian war than they are with WW2.

Today, would Germans be mistreated? Hellah no, as long as they can handle the banter made at their accents. Your female exchange students are cute so cheers, but so fucking inaccessable. I tried approaching one with a conversation on the KuK but she only was "so so" about discussing it ._.

/blog post

>After all, we are the only countries who can save the EU.
Are you saying, my kraut friend, that we are going to Frankish Empire this shit up? But yeah I'm pretty proud of France finally dishevelling itself from political correctedness. Your elections too seem like they're going to be a wild ride.

University At Buffalo. Philosophy and Classics/History. Wish my university had a Medieval Studies program.

>parading in Paris*
Duh.

And on the basis of what my grandmother weighs of the Germans, she hates Russians more anyways, which is the slightest bit hypocritical considering that they shattered the Heer. However, so much of her life was presided by the Soviet threat on Europe that it shoudln't elude anyone why she hates Soviets more than Germans.

Well she likes Poles so mabe there's that too to explain the Russophobia too.

Thinking either Bio Med Engineer or Comp Science

Queen's student life was great imo
I would do a more useful degree if I had to start over tho

>only two digits and it'only 9's and 1's
Alright, I didnt really knew about this germanophobia before I read them diaries. So, I'm glad to see it's not a big thing in the French mind as well.
>Are you saying, my kraut friend, that we are going to Frankish Empire this shit up?
Nah, I was just implying that after Brexit we are the largest economic powers left and it's gonna be pretty tough.
After all, it's up to us now to try and create a mixture of national responsibility and intereuropean cooperation.

same here

>it's gonna be pretty tough.
Now I wouldn't want you to biasly suppose that this on me being French (and hence anti-British and the like) but I really can't conceive why we feel ourselves stranded by the departure of the UK. With them and their veto removed, the EU will finally be motionned into decisions that can define whether we simply want it to be a economic union or a confederate state for the member countries.

>b-but muh lack of funding from the UK!
Friend, even Italy would lend more money anually than the British did.

>intereuropean cooperation.
Erm sure Germany, this time with no panzers, got it?

But for the love of all Heaven on Earth, get Merkel out.

...?

University of Lisbon
History

>studying French

So you know, being me and all, I was hoping to help.

>economic union
this most likely
> confederate state for the member countries
cant imagine that with different languages and stuff. either you organize bi- or even x-langual or you'd have to agree on conversing in english which is shameful as the english themselves arent in the EU anymore - maybe they even make us pay for using the language^^
>Erm sure Germany, this time with no panzers, got it?
I'm talking about keeping Schengen.
>But for the love of all Heaven on Earth, get Merkel out.
The alternative wouldn't be better. Pic related.

>this most likely
With a shared currency bound on the member countries as it is now?

>cant imagine that with different languages and stuff.
I somehow can't conjure the thought of that really being a barrier, given where technology is headed: is it really unimaginable that in ten-years' time, we all will be equipped with translating headsets? But until then, it really is tricky.

Anyways, the EU can't remain the deformity that it is now, meandering between economic union and confederacy of states, not knowing when and when not to intervene, with non-elected officials.

>maybe they even make us pay for using the language^^
>mfw Germany finally catches up with the perfidy of the eternal Albion
Can you see now how you were tricked in the Napoleonic wars to wage war on the wrong side of history.

>I'm talking about keeping Schengen.
Members will only consent to that if there is a common immigration policy, on which Germany, you aren't really helping.

>The alternative wouldn't be better. Pic related.
The tl;dr on him?

>mfw gooling "France and Germany"

I'll only give you the tl;dr now because I really need to sleep.

Sigmar Gabriel is a socialdemocrat.
He is the guy who personally tried to convince the Canadian foreign manager to stay untill CETA is ready to sign.
Also he is currently highly involved in the fusion of two big grocery stores in Germany - a fusion which has been rejected by the "department against cartells" (an economics supervisor, if you will, who prevents creation of monopolies). This guy now allowed the fusion basically on his own (special paragraph).

So you can see he is the best buddy of big businesses although socialdemocrats are usually more leftleaning. I think he would be a total globalist.

> although socialdemocrats are usually more leftleaning
that's a meme

linguistics of English and Arabic in the middle of Poland

politics (with an IR focus) and french

It really is.

>whats with all the english and american universities?
You'll see the same trend on Veeky Forums. Though it's much, much more prominent there.

Bauman Moscow State Technical University
Software Engineering (though it's more like a normal Computer Science course, just with a "hip" name)

Well hello.

University of British Columbia checking in.

Cozy place, rain is great. I study Law and it's mind numbingly boring.

I need to figure out where I'll do a PhD. Even being a sessional lecturer sounds cool.

>University of Cambridge
>BA History

Halfway through term and I don't think I'm gonna make it to Crimbo lads

not McMaster but I live near Hamilton

History at Edinburgh

Int Rel at Birmingham final year

University of Kent,
Classical and Archaological Studies

how do you like it so far? I'm considering the same, just not french

Full of complete and utter normies and rich kids but overall a pleasant experience. The library is very good and the history course is interesting.

UBC first year Bachelors of International Economics here

I have a friend in first year going into international relations.

BSc Economics at University of Leeds

Been a few years, but BA in History, Minor in Poli Sci, license in secondary education at Castleton University in Vermont.

>BSc Management

Loving the atmosphere up here. Loch is love. Loch is life.

>University of washington
>Epidemioligy

Wish I wasn't terrified of following the "follow your dreams" meme

I go to Princeton. Let me sell you on there. What are you planning on studying?

are you a Frenchy?

Why what's up with it lad? What college are you at?

Something related to Politics, possibly IR

Theatre with a musical emphasis at Nova Southeastern University

No, kill yourself.

Is that some spic shit?

University of Meme State Public School

My first semester so just general education out of the way right now. My declared major is Cognitive Science with a minor in History, but I'm taking courses in a ton of things. Not really here for a degree, just to learn. I work for a family business to making a living isn't really why I chose to go to school.

Oldest (and best) in Scandinavia bitches, studying archaeology. It's sort of like a history major, but with job security

Bey archaeobro, done any cool digs lately?

Graduating this year from Emory University with a major in International Relations (concentration in Conflict/Security and Latin America) and Spanish.

Planning on shooting for a scholarship we have to do a one year master's in IR at the University of St. Andrews. If that falls through, it's either join the Air Force as an intelligence officer or teach English abroad somewhere.

St. Francis Xavier University, and you bet the ring gives you superpowers. Major in PoliSci, minor in French.

Currently in my first year of a Sociology undergrad in Edinburgh, doing a bunch of history modules.

What year are you in?

Leiden University
Political Science

Miami University
Adolescent Social Studies Education with a minor in Creative Writing.

Physics