/ywg/ - Yo-kai Watch General #80.5

Previous Thread: Darknyan and Robinkoma edition

Yo-kai Watch 2 Psychic Spectres is out in both the U.S. and EU! Go transfer your BS/FS data over!
nintendo.com/games/detail/yo-kai-watch-psychic-specters-3ds

Join the discord to make friends and battle others!
discord.gg/0m7Vj85gNw4dutXi

The Third version of YW3 (Sukiyaki) is out! Go spelunking with friends and kill each other's heads over those goddamn traps!
youkai-watch.jp/yw3/

Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble:
itunes.apple.com/us/app/yo-kai-watch-wibble-wobble/id1085461253?mt=8
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Level5.YWWWUS
WibWob medal registration: yo-kai-wibblewobble.com/medal/index.nhn

>Is this actually good?
Yes it's good, just don't go in expecting the hyped up "Pokemon killer" aspect. Kotaku started the phrase for clickbait and it worked. They aren't the same game at all, just two games in the monster catching genre. If you want an explanation on the battle system, someone can fill you in, don't worry the demo for the first game was indeed shit and not a good representation of how you'll go through the game. The demo for 2 was slightly better.
It's heavily recommended to skip the first game and go straight for Yo-kai Watch 2.

>Is there a list of all the yokai?
yokaiwatch.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Yo-kai_by_Medallium_Number_(Yo-kai_Watch)

yokaiwatch.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Yo-kai_by_Medallium_Number_(Yo-kai_Watch_2)

yokaiwatch.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Yo-kai_by_Medallium_Number_(Yo-kai_Watch_3)

Here's a resource document for all your Yo-kai Watch 1+2 FAQ needs:
docs.google.com/document/d/1_POcoMxn85sOaJSFlvYDIljIfeadxm-qz9GTdmcNND0/edit?usp=sharing

Here's a Pastebin for all your Yo-kai Watch 2 FAQ needs:
pastebin.com/JVBgWF8s
This includes event passwords and QR codes, Poking tips, Door locations, and other good shit.

Tags: Yokai, Youkai

Other urls found in this thread:

clockwise.gg
metacritic.com/game/3ds/yo-kai-watch-2-psychic-specters
youtube.com/watch?v=8OCMjoxIC80
twitter.com/AnonBabble

happy physic specters day

got this fucker yesterday, but i'm not sure I'll be able to cobble together a strong enough team to get his awakened form

Took long enough for it to be out.

I was afraid all of the "new" stuff would be done in like an hour, but I'm 5 hours in and I'm nowhere near done.

Fuck them for that goddamn dubstep opening song, though. Fuck them hard.

I'm stuck between PS and the hino wib wob event.
some of these bosses hard, even with my 90-99 team

The localization team either won't pay for Gera Gera Po or doesn't want kids to know it exists. I'm not sure which one.

they put it in the credits of the movie, so I think its just them not wanting to pay for it

I've heard King Cream Soda doesn't want his music used outside of Japan, too. Don't know if that's true.

IIRC some music companies are very strict/against how their music is dubbed. They're usually fine with having some of their music played as is or subtitled, but dubbing falls under a bunch of scrutiny, making it very costy, or something like that

There's a team builder for YW now: clockwise.gg

>but dubbing falls under a bunch of scrutiny
AKA ruins it.

new puni event, looks like it also ties into the 2nd anniversary.

does anyone know the reveiws for psychic specters yet?

I saw some site give it a 9/10, but I can't remember which one

Probably "1/10 - We didn't bother trying to understand it because saying POKEMON KNOCKOFF gets more clicks"

Oh, the bonus dungeon unlocked by FS has some of those fleshy exclusive forms running around. That seriously cuts the time needed to go find them via lens

we can't die already!

does any one know all the localized boss names and ending song yet?

that one was nintendo life i should of asked about other websites instead of theres
you know whats weird and CONFUZEing they gave the duel version a 6/10 but psychic specters a 9/10

even as a big fan of yo kai watch a 9/10 is a bit too much something like an 8/10 would be fine

>a 9/10 is a bit too much
Shit like this is why people aren't allowed to have differing opinions online.

?

It has a 75 on Metacritic:

metacritic.com/game/3ds/yo-kai-watch-2-psychic-specters

Though its highest score is from a website with 'Nintendo' in the name, and it has two 6/10 ratings.

Come to think of it, why isn't there a Robin yokai to compliment Darknyan?

>6/10
Was the word "Pokemon" in the first paragraph?

I usually ignore any reviews that start with that.

what do you mean?

ugh i should explain my self sorry if i sounded salty
i didnt mean it in that way i meant it in a thats a bit woverexagerated way if i were to give it a score it would be something like 8/10 which to me is an A- or b+ again sorry if i sounded salty i love yo kai watch but its not a perfect franchise. and your right it is there opinion . Anyways how many recolors would you say are in yo kai watch2 i know theres not many but im too lazy to count

i should explain sorry if i sounded salty
if i were to give the game a review it would be something like 8/10 wich to me is a great score and is something like an A- or B+ and you are right its there opinion

I have a question about the data transfer
what does it actually do?
does it allow me to start from the very beginning with my BS yokai and/or it literally transfers my main story clear safe so that I can jump straight into the extra content?

also how long it actually is? I did no extra stuff in BS so I still have all that to do

>it literally transfers my main story clear safe so that I can jump straight into the extra content?
This.

'k
gotta download it today

You're going to BUY it, right

from what i've seen, it adds like 6 hours extra if you finished BS/FS completely so you should be set

Been awhile. Does the yokai with the popularity sill have to be in the front line for it to work?

user I can't lie to you

I don't believe so, but you can get an item that acts as popularity so you don't have to waste a team slot on pinkipoo/casanuva/dandoodle if you don't want to

Then don't bitch when we don't get 3.

himes at the beach

You're gonna have to start making sense when you post.

You'll still need a file for the opposite gender playthrough to befriend them all, but yes you can continue from where you left off via importing. In addition, the file in BS/FS isn't deleted.

I do wonder if they can trade with each other though

What does /ywg/ think of her?

evil ladies are hot

Not sure. Still need to try and get her quest.

that's in the Directator quests right?

Unpleasant is hotter

forgot how horrible the grind for boss yokai was.

heck nothings perfect
well except for manjimutt that is

very underated waifu

HI I HAVE LIBERTYNYAN SS AND YOU DONT

BEEP BEEP
BEST SLIPPERY COMING THROUGH

sorry heres what i meant

>that much money
what are you saving for?

>master1200
Save your images from Pixiv properly.

the trading card game never caught on in the west did it, they stopped production and it was rife with typos

bump

They didn't even give us the same game, Hasbro made their own that was shit, the Japanese card art is nowhere on it, just weird 3D shit.

Has anyone tried trading with a transferred save file to see if you can trade between original save file and the transferred one?

>tfw banned online

Came in this thread just to post about my waifu, but I'm glad you beat me to the punch.

Guess I can bump the thread with another one

last one before I snooze

unkaind is for headpatts not butt slaps !

oh hey I recognize you. Hiya again. Lovely sketches you got here. Did you also get PS?

thanks
and yeah I just got psychic specters.

also did someone already make a guide on getting the elite wicked yo-kai?
I can make those shitty long picture guides again if anyone wants.

do it. As far as I know, no one made the guide on befriending wicked kai just yet (outside of videos). Pics make for easy sharing though

Anyone had luck getting the evo items for Grumples/Pupscicle from any of the new Oni Crank a kais?

what kind of things should Ashitagirl be doing?

might revise it tomorrow I dunno

Is it possible to use some sort of save editor or something to give yourself certain Yokai? I've got a banned 3DS and that means no trading.

yes, there's actually a save editor for yo-kai watch 2 (and 1, 3, and other games)

it should be the togenyan guy.

Find a flaw.

>awakened hinozall's tribe restrictions
seriously what the fuck

So quick question, if I were to transfer data to Psychic Specters would it be impossible to fight Rubeus J/Hardy Hound again? I want them in my medallium

Not without linking to someone who can fight them to BS/FS in blaster mode. Before you transfer the data, be sure to defeat them.

Well time to grind all night for 6000 Oni orbs

use silver tags for triple boss rush. They net a hefty price of orbs

kinda lame

"you're good. fighting with you
makes me want to create something...!"
sternyan is up there with worst yokai to give the attack boost to

>Ms. Frost
>Human
Damn, and here I thought Whisper was the one that was easily fooled. She must be well disguised if the directator wasn't aware of her being Frostina in YW1

does anyone know where to find wydeawake in psychic specters i checked behind frostina's place several times

bump

He doesn't spawn in psychic spectres. You'll have to make sure you befriend one before the transfer.

>Untidy rocking back and forth in the fetal position in the overworld.
What seemed amusing back then now seems quite off putting once you learn what part of dedtime he was made from

Haven't even touched the new stuff yet, but do the wicked Yokai actually have special meaning?

other than their animal motifs, they all represent Dedtime's feelings before she became a yokai, some less than pleasant than others. Looks are deceiving.
When Dedtime realized that she will rot away in jail, she fell into despair. Untidy is the embodiment of said despair, though in hindsight it might just be a nice way of saying she went insane

So a random Noko I caught in the overworld gave me this and Google is giving me no answers. What's this used for?

>Join my harem
I think you need to collect a number of them to get to somewhere special, but I'll need to see if I can find the JP video to confirm.

>Join my harem
I think you need to collect a number of them to get to somewhere special, but I'll need to see if I can find the JP video to confirm.

>JP video
I appreciate the help, but everyone else here is annoyed that localized information on the game mechanics is scarce, right? Like you'd think after some time, someone other than us or Addabah would provide answers, even if it was a guide on Gamefaqs.

the 'definitive' guide that was released in Psychic Spectre's release doesn't actually have a how-to for events and quests and stuff. Instead it focuses more on the Yokai bio and stats.
Very annoying.

Christ, it's like Hasbro wants the series to tank. I really love the game's style and overall most of the Yokai, but it seems like bringing it to the West was either an extremely low priority originally or there are people within the company that don't want to see it succeed like in Japan.

Found the video youtube.com/watch?v=8OCMjoxIC80
Collecting 8 will take you to where nokos come from.

Also, for anyone that cares, I've been recently making a bunch of ref sheets/collages involving specific Yokai. If you want a ref sheet made of your favorite yokai, just ask.

you need to basically find all the nokos (I think there's 7 in total)

then go to Harrisville (I forgot if it was the past or present) and you should be transported to Noko village.

There, you can crank a special crank-a-kai that'll give you rare items/yo-kai once a day.

I'll make an image compiling all the locations of the noko right now

forgot to link here too