ace-infinity.bngames.net/

>
infbuild.sorairo.pictures/#011n010001010000000000000001

>
youtu.be/y0Kyw7xXFvg

>
asm.aceinf.glasscore.net/

>
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eP07-JbjTjXkD5nQlNkC0I8WidP_AXD1K4S9jESx-Jk/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NCXncLsn420
youtube.com/watch?v=vxfYCKRLICA&index=82&list=PLtQFeTpdXg-jZo3pBW9jIfIjDmrlvo2rc
youtu.be/Z8aoPqL--Zw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for VFs

First for payloads

>exact same time
Alright then

4th for external missile pods

Fifth for they will not let us customize each pods loadout :(

6th for the true and best ace

>"Players are demanding more realism. Go and find a way to strap 60 missiles on a plane"

>tfw with the external pods, that F-22 is carrying 14 AIM-120s and 2 Sidewinders

I can't wait for the missile spams.

youtube.com/watch?v=NCXncLsn420
We Macross now

a e s t h e t i c

FUCCIN SWEET

Since I hope I can do some tomorrow can you repost that Hornet you wanted Tom?

And did you just want a top down view of the livery, like flat?

>tfw been planning a sci-fi setting for ages now
>been trying to find a way to justify, in a mostly hard-sci-fi setting, how to have starfighter battles with pilots rather than AI or remote drones

>finally come up with a way

FUCK YES SON, now we're cooking with Space Aces.

Well what did you come up with?

Sexy F-15 livery

>that bass

youtube.com/watch?v=vxfYCKRLICA&index=82&list=PLtQFeTpdXg-jZo3pBW9jIfIjDmrlvo2rc

It's only gravity control on a tiny scale, making it increasingly impractical for anything much bigger than, say, a starfighter.

It's not particularly clever or unique or special, but its just nice to have a good reason for it in my setting without it having far reaching effects on everything else ever, since the power generation requirements get way out of hand, fast.

step up
youtu.be/Z8aoPqL--Zw

Has Dobson moved to inflating planes now?

You kinda lost me do you mean that gravity fields or whatnot can only be made small scale? But wouldn't that be more or less unnecessary anyway, in a hard scifi setting more so on a fighter?

Admittedly I've not read any hard scifi, I just like my Star Wars.

thicc

>has Dobson moved to inflating planes now?
Spicy

I think he's talking about using gravity manipulation to reduce stress on the pilots.
Otherwise, I'm not sure what the point would be, artificial gravity isn't a requirement for a combat spacecraft.

Kinda like in Star Fox?

Point being that you can do it on any scale you like, but to make it on a large scale - say, on something the size of an aircraft carrier - you'd need so much power that it would be totally impractical.
But for a fighter scale vehicle, you can effectively negate g-forces on the pilot, meaning you can have starfighters which go at ridiculous velocity with no ill effects for the pilot. Unless it goes wrong of course in which case rip.
Basically I need an excuse for starfighters to exist, but for everything else to still be pretty realistic.
Because when you can have drone fighters that can go way faster and do wahtever they want since they have no pilot who can straight up die if you go too fast, why have fighter pilots.

Hell, its basically what AC7's trailers are implying.

Yeah exactly, it's just so I can justify them being a mainstay instead of drone fighters and shit, being able to keep up with and destroy anti-ship torpedos and all that good shit, without having to write about drone pilots.

why don't they just use missiles

They do.
But since PDguns arent infallible, especially against lots of missiles, you have starfighters who can move at the same speed as missiles as effectively a defensive picket line to pick them off.

So battles end up being big fucking cruisers at maximum range throwing missiles at one another, with defensive lines of interceptors trying to shoot down those missiles.
And then fighters attempting to prevent the enemy fighters from shooting down missiles.

I'm not too familiar with the nitty-gritty of the series even though I like some of the instalments a lot so I can't comment on that.

It's a good point, tbqh. CIWS, especially laser-based ones which could double as missile interception systems, could be problematic depending on how effective they are in the setting in terms of range and accuracy.
One could argue that
>muh true hard mil-sci-fi
would only have battles happening at light-seconds away, so fighters could be at most stand-off range low-observable (no stealth in space, just less noticeable ships) missile buses, but that could be almost as boring as drones and precludes remote control.
However Valküren and Spartanian duels are damn cool, so I think it's a good license to take even for hard sci-fi. Unless you go full autistic and reach the conclusion that none of it is feasible anyway and instead write about how shitty Earth got due to opting not to go to space and beyond, to boldy split infinitives no man had split before.

Yeah.
Honestly, the whole thing is basically my combined love of
1) Hard sci-fi
2) Rogue Squadron and Wraith Squadron

So I wanted to be able to combine them.
And here we are.

>nitty-gritty of the series
G Diffusers are just anti G systems IIRC and that's about it, so probably the same that the scifi user is talking about

>user combines the things he loves and makes a really neat breakthrough
>meanwhile I recall why I put a bug war and a planetary government on Earth and normal conflicts between smaller states on Mars in the first place
To think I thought getting rid of the "bugs" would help streamline the timeline and make the setting a bit less weird. In a setting where psychic powers are a thing and work on the same undeerlying principles as the universal power source.
Front Mission pulled superstates on Earth very well, but it's a can of political worms I'm not very confortable with. How would you buddies do it? Short of copy pasting USN, OCU, OAC, EC, DHZ and Zaftra; I'm at my wit's end.

What's the actual isue you're running into with them?
The political machinations are hard to parse, or something?

>walmart just jewed me on a walmart gift card for my nephew and straight up voided the card without telling me for whatever the fuck reason
Get the goy squadron up and running, cause this is gonna cost them extra.

It's mostly avoiding:
>the space filling empire syndrome (big random states a la 1984)
>alliances that don't make any sense or look wildly unrealistic even for a mid-XIII century narrative (I'm not very politically savvy, but say I go MUH PANASIATIC UNION and no one in setting is batting an eye at both Koreas being in the same union as Japan, China, India and other asorted asian countries)
>rehashing the Cold War with a not!NATO superstate and the not!URSS

There's also coming up with political machinations and the detail of what leads up to a global government down the line, but that would come afterwards.
One idea I had that I'm not sure how pants-on-head retarded it is would be as follows: increases in global warming make Canada and Russia into aggrarian powerhouses, shaking up some power balance along the way.

Goddamnit i had a long response typed up and accidentally hit the back button.
Motherfucker.
Basically boiled down to 'if this is unrealistic alliances on Mars' you could always justify it by saying the sort of people willing to take up the colonial call to the red planet are the kind willing to forgo the old prejudices in order to make shit work on Mars. And then just develop new prejudices whilst there.
Plus, i mean, the opening months and years of a colony would drive people together through common problems and purpose, right? So I think it'd be a lot more believable to see people working together on Mars moreso than they would on earth.

If you mean those countries back home on earth in an alliance, then yeah I could see the issue.
But i mean really, so long as you have a justification for things then you're fine.
Like, maybe Japan and China hate each other now and have done for a long time, but perhaps some kind of natural disaster 50 years from now means they have to work together over something, which at least gives some modicum of respect.
Gradually westernising opinions in Japan also lead to them apologising for atrocities in the past, leading China to be happier with them, etc etc.

>hitting back or close window accidentaly
It's a horrible feel when that happens.
I've got martian nations covered, it's easy to handwave with colonies networking together and the initial states forming between the colonies with stronger bonds, whether due to ancestry, common tongue (english and french are universally spoken, but other languages are present in some regions) or other factors. They've been on the red planet long enough to stop caring about Earth. Being cutoff due to earthside conflicts help with that.
Earth is troublesome, though. Strangereal was really good move on PA's part.

Yeah I kinda assumed you meant earthside, but wasnt sure.

But yeah, strangreal is the best way to go about it. No need to try and havewave anything, you've just got a new playground. Pretty much like you have on Mars.

But you can justify things so long as you give a reason to.
I mean, hell, it's set a ways in the future - consider how national lines looked the same amount of time into the past.
Shit an change pretty significantly - you just have to come up with some good reasons for why.

Maybe you could steal the Ace Combat thing - a large meteor swarm is going to hit earth, and NASA doesnt have the funding or the tech to defend us.
So you have everyone pulling together to defend the world.
Or more likely, everyone pulling together locally to try and defend their little area.

A common enemy is the easiest way to throw people together, and an act-of-god tier one is even better since they're not left with an obvious war-target afterwards you have to try and justify them not nuking to death.

If all you want is space fighters fighting in space, there is a very simple way: Go really, REALLY low tech. I'm talking 60s-70s tech right here.
>Computers aren't advanced enough to be more efficient than a human controlled fighter
>Small fighter sized vessels are the only ones that are capable of being transported into space on top of a rocket.
>Missiles aren't that big of a thing yet, making combat close and personal.
Of course, this means that your spacefighters won't be very advanced as well. They are more likely to be repurposed capsules, such as pic related.
I think it would give the story a cool WW1 dogfights in space kinda feel.

That does actually sound pretty fun.
But at the same time, why would tech regress behind what we have now?

>The story is set in 1960-70
That's what I meant

The idea I had for Earth being blank-slated and Mars cut off was outright nuking wrecking the established government structures and the closest thing to a working state being carriers out in the ocean forming "fleet-states" and slowly taking over a la Gundam X. This leading to a world state, the New United Nations, or big super states derived from the fleets.
That would be long before the aforementioned bug war or whatever conventional conflict I plan replace that with. Not sure which idea would be best. With the bugs I can have martians think it's a 1984 kind of deal with the superstates maintaining a war-ready state instead of actual monsters from who-knows-where.

60s soviet spacecraft designs (paper ones mostly) have a very disincitve look and might be worth looking into.
Unless you're writing something that happens chronologically in our future (which would need some explanation for the regression), you can do an alternate history or a Strangereal.

Yeah, Soviet spacecraft look great!
I actually have a book about Galina Balshova, who designed some of them and the interior on most of them.

Yes, that'd be perfect!

F/A-18D, same LERX and stabilator shape as other Legacy Hornets, but a two seater.

Aah, right, an alt-history thing?
I can get behind that, I love that kinda thing.

>earth went full Belka
Right, I get you.

I mean hell, you could always just have it be both, as far as the martians know.

Some of them think its space bugs, some of them think its just a normal war.
Maybe it's both at once. Maybe its neither.
No one on Mars knows for sure.

someting nice happened today
>playing AC:I
>1 minute remaining, 30 seconds, 15...
>zero
>able to keep flying around shooting stuff and flying under the space research map bridge,all other players frozen in place
Had to quit the game to leave the mission but was a fun 30 minutes of free flight shenanigans

I once made a hard sci-fi setting where I justified space mecha, by making the culture really religious and have them stick to certain rules, which limited things such as computers, AI and progress in general. The mecha were made to capture strategic assets, because destryoing them would be too costly.

>Earth go full Belka to create a world with no borders
>I've been blind
How the hell didn't I see it. It must have been because I settled on that before I played AC5. It was likely inspired by Star Ocean 4, were a drone with a nuke crashing into allied territory and starting a nuclear war in the backstory.
My trouble would be that one of the stories I had lined up takes place on Earth, hence the difficult choice.

As long as you don't go full on Butlerian Jihad and ban computers, that works very well.

*were there was
English is hard past midnight.

eurobuddies need sleep too

At least you can actually speak it fluently.
I can hardly speak Spanish at all.

Cómo estás amigo?
Best ace with cutest plane

I was trying to finish the livery sketch for the Su-33 for /2hug/ since I've spent most of my free time today playing Xenosaga, time flew by and I didn't have that much free time to begin with, so I have barely done anything. Pretty stupid actually, since I would have gotten started getting back to figure drawing if I had taken the time to draw a bit sooner.
Plans for the weekend: finishing the 2hu Su-33, drawing Pixy boarding his F-15 (references would be nice), lining the XB-51 variant.
Are there Pixy concept arts or just the images from the documentary? Does anyone have higher-than-buddyposting-resolution pictures of Pixy?
What about french?
>no initial ¿
reeee...

A little.
I know how to say that I'm surrendering.
:^)

I guess then it comes down to which would work better for that story on earth - bugs or conventional.

I guess the biggest difference is that one has someone to blame and the other is b u g.
The other important question is how much you like Buenos Aires

did someone say Buenos Aires

It's a very nice city

The bugs' reason for being there tie in with the nature of the global energy system of the setting, but that only comes up again about 70 years after they've been dealt with.
From a narrative perspective, the bugs give the story a horror vibe, humanity being somewhat helpless against a mindless onslaught, maybe coming together in face of an existential (Mars matters not to Earth) threat; while a war between superstates feels more grounded and overall leans more towards "and humans are generally speaking damn horrible".
Or so does my sleepy mind think. Maybe litfag or CS user can give us some insight, since they've actually written stuff.

>Buenos Aires
Actually took me a sec. I'm ashamed.

>hear a faint buzz in the distance
>your entire platoon has been liquefied and you are now deaf

>hear some noise, a dot flies by in the sky
>suddenly the entire army is having a collective epileptic fit and is convulsing on the ground

Very loud planefu

Well shit, why bother with munitions when you can just sonic boom the enmy to death?

>fly over enemy forces
>cause them all to start throwing up and go deaf
10/10 where do I get one.

To be fair, Id say you can still have 'humans are awful' even in a war with bugs.
Humans can still do awful things to each other - hell, it's probably likely.

Retreats to save manpower which doom entire countries for example.
People trying to get ahead to protect themselves at the expense of civvies, their soldiers, everyone.

If anything, a war with bugs would show the absolute worst in humanity in stark relief, as well as having its own horror undertones.

From those notes, I'd go with bug war honestly.

A lot of good points. I might also add states aiming to assert their dominance once the current threat has been dealt with, maybe even conflicts flaring between the front regions and those at the back due to receding lines, mass evacuations or routed armies trying to escape.
Good night, I think I've dodged sleep long enough.

Gnight my dude

Later buddy!

>ywn walk on your planefu

The advantages of being multirole

Did someone say 'Eagle missile truck'?

Yes please

2040C is cool as fuck

>CFTs
>capability for secure datalink with F-22s
>able to carry up to fucking 16 AMRAAMs at once
>dank graphite livery

Just add TVC and it's perfect.

What a great time for having Eagle as a waifu

I bet some disingenuous weasel in marketing came up with this. Try and figure out how to hang 29,500lbs on a strike eagle derivative without using 3x 600 gallon drop tanks which are conspicuously absent from that graphic.

I'd like to see the Tornado F.3 back in AC7. Even if it's DLC.

The Eagle is the perfect planefu.

and that is a FACT.

PREACH IT

>JASSM
Loved that thing in AC6 could take out everything

All of her versions are perfect

The design process behind it is hilarious to me
>MiG-25 first appears
>oh shit the Soviets have a super-fighter
>better redesign the F-X as a super-fighter to combat it
>turns out the MiG-25 is an interceptor with shit engines
>F-15 reigns king forever

All bow down to the mighty queen

Pretty funny to think about.

>look, that plane has fuckhuge wings, that must mean it's insanely maneuverable
>oh no wait, the wings are huge because the plane is heavy as a fuck because it's made out of fucking stainless steel

>The flying liquor store

>if it goes to fast the engines are shredded beyond repair

The F-15 truly is the best planefu ever created

Good night, aces. Sleep tight

Absolutely pathetic.

>Tom replying to himself posting puchis
What the fuck

QuizNo is falseflagging as me.
Just ignore him.

Prove it if that's not you

She deserves love

When the FUCK have I ever posted puchis?