/acg/ - Armored Core General

AC6 when edition.

Moldy bread: For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.
We can talk about Ace combat as well and puchi posting is fine too.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin: pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm and Music collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#
dropbox.com/s/e43xmgrl76l9bpo/AC Music.rar?dl=0

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/xEBBMHNM
youtube.com/watch?v=6YMPAH67f4o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I go to class and the thread dies

Time to let it go.

it happens to the best of us

Please describe to me what is the Poke of Death in AC3/AC Nexus era games. From what I've gathered, you need to use a quad/tank and jump using the diagonal slash to hit an opponent on the ground.

How's Formula Front? I've only played it once. Is it the one where you train an AI to fight for you?

What is the most unique part of the general AC's design, in terms of visual and aesthetics, that set them apart from other mechas?

bump.

Gun barrel chests.
Yeah, that's the one. Not that great.
If I had to guess, it has something to do with the swing animation being more akin to a punch on quads and I guess tanks too, and I don't know a lot about how blade damage is calculated but I assume a prolonged stab deals more damage than a basic slash.

Armored Core is part of the real robot genre, which I like more than Super Robot. I suppose Armored Core's claim to fame is not its designs but its customization. You can build a mech in any way you want, down to the color scheme. You want a hot pink 4-legged, walking death machine? You can do that.

IMO, the most famous Armored Core design(s) would be White Glint and Nine Ball.

>IMO
It's more fact at this point

Different strokes for different blokes. There's always that one guy that hates one of the ACs I listed.

Oh yeah, Noblesse Oblige is pretty cool too.

Aside, step.

why would someone hate nineball?

Can you even replicate the AC on the cover of Project Phantasma? IIRC, you can make one that's close, but not exact.

In my experience, there's always one person that wants to be a contrarian in order to "stand out."

>that grid
makes me wonder what would happen if we could have a level editor

Lava levels.

For some reason, island hopping around a sea of lava sounds like it would be fun.

How do I get an S Rank on Halt Energy Production
FUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKK

>7700 AP left
>rank B
>6200 AP left
>rank A
I've killed the same enemies and done the stage with the same speed. WHYYYYYYYY

*Last Raven, by the way
Must have tried this mission at least 25 times now

oh stop, youre getting me excited for the next game

I think you have to take the extra mission at the end.
S ranks in the dam are always the worst because you have to do them at breakneck speed but the area is designed to slow you down as much as possible.

I do take the extra mission. It's just that I don't see what I'm doing wrong.
I pay 1300 credits for ammo and 2000 credits for repair (in most S ranks you can pay up to 4000 credits in repair).

I got up to 7800 AP (from 9090 AP) left in the end, and still got an A.

Crap, man, I don't know. Here's an excerpt from the FAQ that helped me the most:
pastebin.com/xEBBMHNM
Kill everything and don't miss, I guess.

>pastebin.com/xEBBMHNM
I'm also using that guide. I think what's happening is that the game is counting me firing rockets as a miss.

Vesperas got 3,751 repair and got an S, while I got 1,100 repair once and got an A.

I always wondered why Noblesse seemed like kind of a pushover, then I loaded up his schematics and realized he was overweight af.

Those pretty wings can't make you fly.

Reminds me of that AC in the AC3 arena that always ended up running out of energy, because he was overweight and his generator sucked.

Finally got all S ranks on Last Raven. Indeed, the max is 136%, not 137%. To get the final 1% (from 135 to 136), you just need to get "General Ranking" to S. You don't need all S ranks for this.

What happened in Halt Energy Production was that you can't miss many shots. I only missed two shots and got an S, even though I had about 7500 AP left. I managed to finish it with 8500 AP once (almost a miracle), and got only an A.

So, for a few very select missions, accuracy actually does matter.

Poke of Death is a rare occurence where your blade attack as a tank/quad (poke) does much more damage than normal. You probably saw this "glitch" once with a biped - sometimes when you blade someone while jumping (diagonal attack), the blade will "get stuck" and hit a lot of times in the same attack. You can try to replicate this against a wall. It's not very easy at first, you have to hit it at the right angle. You know you got it right if the blade does a VRRRRRRR sound instead of just a quick VRR.

Which AC game you guys are best at? Like, which one you managed to beat the Arena just with a blade or something.

Also, is it just me or is the stage Secure Unexplored Region (Silent Line) the same stage where the intro happens?

What if we made AC6 into a super robot game?

>Halt Energy Production was that you can't miss many shots
Jesus

>Which AC game you guys are best at? Like, which one you managed to beat the Arena just with a blade or something.
Probably AC2 for the single player. ACVD for multiplayer.

He was REALLY powerful in AC4's release patch, and since then both his wings and internal parts got nerfed through different patches.

The parts mix and match together but also have their own company/generational DNA.

Intro video is at an airport, not sure if that's the same mission but you can clearly see the control tower and jet fighter. Unexplored region isn't dense enough.

I always thought it was at the Lawdas factory, which looks right but lacks the airport.

You have 1 sentence to explain AC to someone who has never heard about it, to convince them to play it

AC is a mech combat game series, comprising 15 titles across multiple platforms, with a focus on enormous amounts of customization, allowing the player to build any mech he desires according to his whims or the mission he plans on taking, though few pieces of equipment are actually requiered since the game rewards skill during gameplay and supports very varied playstyles and mech designs.
>how is that not more than one sentence
Subordinate clauses rule.

I'll never understand why they hid some of the cool 5th gen face designs behind such ugly coverings that only pop off when you use UWs

I think he meant the plane that was shot down in the intro is the same plane that's in the crater in Secure Unexplored Region.

At this point, I'd probably play anything.

Armored Core is pretty good, with a few exceptions, about having a morally gray story. Besides the destruction path in 4A, and for sake of the discussion, Leos Klein in AC2, is there another storyline where you end up as the villain?

all humans are villains
mankind never learns

>implying the outside isn't cooler

>going through a pretty cool mission
>destroy some energy generators while blading biological motherfuckers
>an AC appears in reinforcements
>barely get out alive
>"Raven, there's another reading"
>aw shit
And that's when I learned what a Pulverizer was.

I guess you can say that… you got pulverized?
youtube.com/watch?v=6YMPAH67f4o

Which game had the best MT/enemy grunt designs?

see: ACLR had a lot of neat MT designs. Shield ACs, flamethrower ACs, the ones that fly in and you have to shoot off of the reactors, the actually good use of ECM in many missions, the advanced AMIDAs, etc.

Not all of them were introduced with ACLR, since a lot were carried over from Nexus, but ACLR had the right mix of them. The best part is the MT database that actually gave each one some backstory and personality.

I don't want my AC to look like a fat double chined scuba diver

That mission really made think that FROM was just fucking with me, even if it is the tank or biped pulverizer, that was bullshit

Wasn't it Nexus that had an MT arena or something along those lines?

Nexus didn't have any arena, but you could bring along MTs as consorts for missions in AC3/SL.

Anyone try out that Project Nimbus game? Any good?

Pros: Great fun, a very good indie interpretation of ACFA, feels good to play

Cons: Extremely easy, no customization, only lasts a few hours, very shallow gameplay and (until recently?) seemed abandoned as the devs

It's ACFA if it was a mediocre indie game instead of armored core

Was Berlioz and his squad trying to execute the Closed Plan when Anatolia's Merc. arrived or were they just fighting to win the war?

Bump

Probably trying to buy time for the rest of Rayleonard to do it, but then anatolia merc happen

Still thinking if I should get it for the PS4 or wait to be on discount

So are the rumors true that FromSoft fired the dev team behind Armored Core, and won't make another one? If they are, that blows.

What rumors? Where did you hear this?

There's been a slow trickle of original devs leaving ever since dark souls 1, but a few original team members left earlier.

The most notable changes are Toshifumi Nabeshima, the main producer, leaving to work on Left Alive instead, and Naotoshi Jin, the company founder, being replaced by Hidetaka Miyazaki.

However, Miyazaki already confirmed that they're working on a new Armored Core "in early production" and that he wants to revisit the franchise.

Other good news is that the parent company that bought them out in 2014 during that transition, Kadokawa Corporation, is big into merchandising and publication. They have a history of publishing Armored Core materials and own the mecha magazine NEWTYPE. Arguably Kadokawa has more relation to AC than they would be in Dark Souls, but it's at least a good sign that they wouldn't step in and deny a new AC game if Miyazaki wants to do one.

Also important to remember is that there is no separate armored core "dev team". Everyone in the company works on every game, and each AC generation has a slightly different team anyway. A lot of the same people who did AC4/ACFA did Demon's Souls, and a lot of the same people who did ACV/ACVD did Dark Souls 2. Most of them are still working with the company and contributed to Dark Souls 3.

Bump.

What's your opinion of this game?

eh

That mediocre?

What is the ugliest AC/NEXT design?

There's not any real depth do it. It's pretty much just an arena, and gives you the option to watch instead of play.

bump