/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 29th of September:
522 BC – Darius I of Persia kills the Magian usurper Gaumata, securing his hold as king of the Persian Empire.
1911 – Italy declares war on the Ottoman Empire.
1918 – World War I: Bulgaria signs the Armistice of Salonica. The Hindenburg Line is broken by an Allied attack. Germany's Supreme Army Command tells the Kaiser and the Chancellor to open negotiations for an armistice.
1938 – The Munich Agreement between Germany, the United Kingdom, France and Italy settles the Sudetenland dispute in Germany's favor. The Soviet Union and Czechoslovakia are not invited.
1941 – World War II: Holocaust in Kiev, Soviet Union: German Einsatzgruppe C begins the Babi Yar massacre, according to the Einsatzgruppen operational situation report.

Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

>News
CK2 DD 25/09
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1046202
EU4 DD 19/09
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1044623

>Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

>Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

>Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[EU4] - /gsg/ and Taxes v0.1
pastebin.com/XUtVVm3k

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.8.4 - 05/09/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/jglNl
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arianism
youtube.com/watch?v=3hPAI3O-1Vg&i
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bless you lad, when's the next version due?

Thread claimed in the name of Tsar Nicholas II, rightful ruler of all of Russia

Okay, this is really annoying. How the fuck do I get Napoleon's legacy to work? I select the mod but it always crashes when I try to load it.

That's really hard to say, I haven't even started working on it yet. Ever since I came back from China I've been mostly doing personal requests. I could try to have the next done by year's end though. Not sure if I'll manage to make it, don't want to make promises.

A parthenon is sometimes used as a symbol of republics, but the game already uses those for something else, doesn't it?

I had the same problem before
Try deleting map cache, both in the installation folder of vicky and in the documents

Wrong, thread is claimed in the name of the La Serenisima, and the Republic for which it stands.

Is there a way to enable raiding without editing cultures and religions?
I'd like to give myself the ability to raid as it happened historically but don't want every pissant count in my realm sending troops across the globe, because that never happened.

Yeah, those are hellenic pagans.
I thought maybe something statue-of-libertyish, like maybe the torch, but I don't think that was even a symbol of freedom in the dark ages

A torch could work. If you really want to use a parthenon I could always just paint it another colour so it will look different enough. Another possibility is doing instead a Greek-style column and have it represent a republic by association.

not him, but would the olive wreath work?

Best start date for ck2?

Isn't that one used already in relation to the Roman Empire?

Well, it's up to you then.Whatever you think you can make look better in that tiny resolution.

is it impossible for HoI 3 to work on Windows 10?

I hardly have ever played it enough but it seemed to work fine, what's the issue?

it crashes whenever i unpause the game
on google all i could find were people with the same problem and no fixes

are you updated to the beta 3.04?

I've done pop icons before, but unit icons are tiny as fuck and it's just too much for my shitty skills. I'm not sure yet, maybe something like a stormtrooper.

that's vic2

I'm feeling the column thing so let's try that first. How does this look?

I think the easiest would be to pick a unit you'd like the stormtroopers to look similar to (in pose and style perhaps) and work over it as a base. I may be able to do something decent like that.

Are you sure everything is installed correctly?
Crashing after unpausing hardly seems like a Windows 10 issue.Does everything work perfectly fine if you never unpause?

That does look pretty good.Could you also make the torch for comparison?

i should've been more clear
it just crashes randomly whenever i'm in the game itself
so the menu's are fine and as soon as i start up a game and try to play it crashes either 2 seconds in or 5 minutes in
just randomly closes

No idea then.Are you playing with any mods like BICE or just vanilla?
Try messing with some settings, I always play windowed and I remember that helping with a few errors with other games in the past.

Hey man while you're doing small stuff, could you make one of those government type icons for some kind of Indian Feudal? I was thinking an Elephant on an orange background.

just vanilla
i'll try the windowed thing, see if it helps

what happened to the user making the german american mod?

Not nearly as good, I'd say.

Same format with the circle and all?

Yeah, the column looks better.Thanks lad.

Yea, same thing

Hm lets see. Maybe that shooting soldier is a good base for the right one with a modern rifle or a machine gun perhaps?, and behind him would be an advancing or a grenade throwing stromtrooper. I collected a few pics here for the poses, colors, weapons and helmet: imgur.com/a/jglNl
Captcha is military pareados, fucking epic

user, you seem pretty good at creating interface elements. do you have any ideas of what sort of religious icon Arian Christianity would have, and would you be willing to make an icon for me?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arianism

ded general

somewhat overhauled in every way, new tech tree new units fresh pops, very large parts of the world are uncolonized and new systems will help drive "exploration" and expansion, thoughts about using actual units in provinces and ships in seazones + events to help colonized the new world

time frame will cover 100 years from december 1648 to 1750, beginning with the end of the 30 years war, many important events in colonization are happening early on, and I hope to flesh out the mid and end game with flavour content and a coherent game progression through the century.

today I have just been preparing the scenario, tonight and tomorrow I will begin concrete work in game

eyyy windowed mode helped, thanks for that

fucking geacron, they only let you look at certain years now, and you can't even fucking click on things for info/context about history anymore. luckily I still have the phone app with all these features

luckily they are awful as a source so I usually already am looking for other information than them

Made two designs, hope you like one of them.

That will be quite the task, not sure I'll be able to do it today but I'll practise with it.

Is there something specific you'd like to see for it or should I just try coming up with something?

Man, that top one looks fantastic. Thanks

What's the fastest way to unite Italy as S-P?
Should I prestige spam to get GP status then sphere the other states?

10 minutes later and it still crashes

fuck it, guess i wont ever play heroes of iron

attack Two Sicilies, sit on Sicily, wait for part of the army to show up, block the strait and crush the army, then crush the other half
afterwards, occupy them until redshirts spawn then white peace

>today
Oh no man, whenever you feel like it, I don't even mind if takes a month, I always check our work in the archive if I'm not here anyway. Just make it as simple as the paradox icons.

Sure, I'll keep that in mind.

I found this on a "theology wiki" saying it's the symbol of Arianism. I have no reason to believe that to be true, honestly, but if you like it I may as well use it.

Cheers i'll give that a try.

make sure you have a strong navy, 2S starts off stronger than you do

A couple of ideas for Arianism include a bare wooden Greek cross, a 1:1 version of the Teutonic cross in wood, or a white dove flying downwards with a halo surrounding it

You know, a Steambonk mod with Mechas would be pretty nice

Can you maybe use this symbol and make it so it looks like it's made of wood?

Total War tells me that is the symbol

That sounds pretty bad, You could try to start the game in 1770 and set the end date at 1920

What size are the religion icons supposed to be?

>0.3.1.7 Download (ONLY 3.04):
hmmm
tfw no update

so this is how gsg dies uh

16x16, 26x26 and 38x38 for the icon specifically

I have the Russia patch but do I need the latest hotfixes for it to run m&t?

What's the best color Germany has used in GSG?

No.

HRE in EU4 is my favorite. its like a cobalt blue

black red white

BASED boerestaate wagon wheel

poo brown

one of my ideas for arianism, seeing how arianism was only popular among germanic nobility

it's black white red tho

Thanks autismo

Should I puppet the Ottomans in as Italy /GSG/?

No problem laddo
youtube.com/watch?v=3hPAI3O-1Vg&i

>Should I puppet the Ottomans in as Italy
In yes Italy

SEIN VATERLAND MUSS GROSSER SEIN!

How does that represent Arianism itself in any way? Meme tier.

I had a go and occupied them successfully but only got Jacobin rebels, no pan-nationalists.
Then after a few years of occupation Spain intervened and I had to peace out.

There's no reason to do any of that.You can just sit on your ass until you sphere everyone, then research R&I

shit I meant N&I

Top fucking kek, autocorrect or just basaedo es whitaeo?

I guess I'm so used to typing R&I that anything with an & makes me think of it

This. Just wait for the Pact of Plombières decision, you get Northern Italy for free. You should GP soon and you will have time to fix the lack of buerocrats and intellectuals in the new provinces while you are sphering the Papal State and Two Sicilies.

You don't even need the decision, you can unify without ever fighting Austria, then retake austrian Italy once you are already unified

>Pact of Plombières decision,
oWo wats this

Redshirt abuse isn't comfy desu

I want to play venice in vic2 but I can't think of a justification for why they should be independent in 1836

should I like, play as france first, go to war with austria to release venice, THEN play as venice?

I don't know if you saw my response to you a couple days ago regarding the Turkish fascist flags. Will you please post the red one?

Sorry I took so long, was having dinner. How are these?

Didn't I post it the other day along with the cyan one?

I posted these the other day.

I know?
What does that have to do with anything?

BASED

email me at my throwaway, i need to keep in contact with you

>[email protected]

>nazaire
Post one of your games already.
I will STILL never stop asking.

you got a problem with the name?

not at all nashallah brother

>email me
Fuck off

doxxed
gottem nerd

Please post one that I can convert to an in-game flag.

Lad, select it in paint, hit crop, save as TUR_fascist.tga
Jesus fucking Christ.

Sent ;)

top meme

Lmaoing at your life

Anyone got a DL of that redone coolmapmod?

>being retartet unironiculy

based literal retardbro

No problem autistfriend