/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #579

''A.B Noire'' Edition

Previous Thread: >Before the Storm Gamescom Launch Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=OunUnpKLEGQ

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 2 − ''Brave New World'' (TBA)
Episode 3 − ''Hell Is Empty'' (TBA)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − (TBA)

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/13846338
strawpoll.me/13846359
strawpoll.me/13834594

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
twitter.com/LifeIsStrange/status/913803285085212672
shoppok.com/denver/a,87,224736,Auditions-for-Teen-Actresses-in-Denver-Colorado-for-Video-Game-Project.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>"Hey Max."
>"Yeah Chloe?"
>"If you and I were a kind of camera, what kind would we be?"
>"A Polaroid?"
>"Nah, a Canon."
>"I...don't get it."
>"...me neither"

BAE > bay

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

Oh a new thread

Max is #1

When I put that shit on a meme generator website to make fun of pricefielders posting this pasta several times in the same thread i should have picked a dumber looking max photo so it was obvious im posting it ironically

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>So, once again we got the fact that our ending always will be BAE>Bay

Daily reminder that this is Chloe buried next to her father.

The beanie fairy came by and blessed Max!

2cute4me

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

It actually feels like Fall now. Time to start breaking out the Fall/Halloween art.

I'd love to play a Max and Chloe detective game.
From the looks of it it may be a detective!Max and mobster!Chloe kind of thing. Cat & mouse dynamic where they both end up flirting at times, slowly falling for each other, getting into some deep trouble, and running away together to live a peaceful life.

Fall is such a boring name for a season.
Autumn is far superior.

It's Max's favorite time of year and holiday.

That sure is a haul! Did Max keep knocking on doors, pocketing the candy, and then rewinding to knock on that door again?
I have other Halloween images but don't want to post them all now. Gotta save them for the actual time where it applies.

>I have other Halloween images but don't want to post them all now

Same.

>tfw no other game like this series
>tfw no TV show like it (besides an awkward show named south of nowhere)

nothing fills the hole

Night in the Woods dude.
I found it to be a better game desu, it certainly give me more feels.

>tfw no other game like this series
Try Valiant Hearts.

I played that and hated it. The writing quality pretty much fell apart at the halfway point. But thanks for the suggestion

It has far better writing than LiS though?

No more storms or perils

Who doesn't like Pricefield?

Poor Bay Chloe. She died without ever experiencing her week with Max. She died without ever knowing what happen to Rachel. She died in a bathroom just like a piece of shit.
The people she saved will never know that she sacrificed her life for them. The townsfolk will always just refer her to a punk drug addict whore who was in a drug deal gone bad. They will spit on her grave. Nathan and the Prescotts lawyers can easily claim self defense given Chloe's troubled past. Priviledged white boi vs Troublemaker expelled student. Wowsers! Arcadia Bay will live on with the Prescotts ruling them and will move on like nothing ever happened. Living a shitty life is better than being dead right?
Good job Max! No one cares! You did the right thing though! Have fun with your powers you can never use again! Don't you dare help anybody anymore because you don't know if you're changing destiny or not! You might cause another storm! Bad Max! You're even worse now than you started! But it's cool, all those miserable people around you will continue to live their miserable meaningless lives in Arcadia Bay and no one will ever thank you for it. You're going to hell by the way anyways Max. You erased enough timelines and universes by the time you chose the right thing. Too late!

No regrets Max?

Reminder
twitter.com/LifeIsStrange/status/913803285085212672

Yeah the ending was bullshit.
The game should've had some sort of hidden tornado meter that fills up every time you use you powers, which then dictates the size of the end game tornado and the number of deaths.
At least then choices would've mattered some what.

I wish LiS had a G-Man type of character.

That fat little Chloe! Too many giant sweets!

I hope QTori makes the 600th thread picture.

Best girl

I think you've got the wrong best girl there.

You're totally right I apologise, Kate is best girl, I meant to say Steph is best woman

pls this is a bully free zone

Then please feed Alice, she's really hungry and you haven't fed her yet.

I asked Max to feed Alice, I'm sure that she wouldn't forget...

Where is Max running to?

To feed Alice I'd hope!

Alice is so cute!

Yes Chloe Price!

I maintain a better version of the ending eliminates the final choice, and has the Bay Bae decision made automatically by using the stats related to how much you've been sucking up to Chloe (which the game already tracks!).

Now, the usual criticism is that if you do this, it would piss off players who, despite romancing Chloe the whole time, wanted to sacrifice her, and also piss off players who hated Chloe's guts, yet for some reason always felt the need to pick the pro-Chloe options when presented.

The easy answer is to say "fuck it, this just a referendum on how you played the game, if you don't like the ending, then maybe you shouldn't have been bullshitting your way through the game: either acknowledge that deep down you love Chloe, or accept that you think Chloe is a manipulative POS (which is basically what all those choices boil down to: do you love Chloe, or think she's a shit?)".

The better answer is to find some kind of narrative gravel to patch over the binary nature of the two endings so that the player doesn't notice that they might have had agency over that decision, and therefore get outraged that the game forced their hand.

The best answer is to better manage your budget so that you can present a spectrum of endings, ranging from "I sacrificed my childhood friend to save this backwards, shithole town" to "hey, it's not like Kate was still in town by that point anyways, so go fuck yourselfie, Arcadia Bay!"

My solution is far cheaper though.
All you have to do is record when the player uses their powers and then add some models in the Bae ending waving them off or w/e.

I hear you mate, but you're rather incorrect. LiS isn't an RPG, you are not roleplaying Max, she is already 99% established character with her own feelings and nothing you do can change how she feels about Chloe (loves her, clearly romantically i might add), and she would never sacrifice Chloe. And concidering that their relationship is the core of the game, if LiS was an RPG where you decide how Max feels based on player choices, the game simply wouldn't work.

True, although it does depend on you accepting the diegesis of the game: that the storm was caused by Max fucking up the timeline *specifically* to save Chloe, and not just the mere fact that she fucked up the timeline. Because if it's the latter, then going back to let Chloe die should have just made the Tornado like 5% stronger, instead of eliminating it. LiS, however, seems pretty adamant that going back *one last time* actually can fix everything, and that the storm really is just caused by a gay girl being allowed to live.

Obviously, I have [ideological disagreements] with that reading of the text.

>Less than one month until these two kiss

We all chose Bae over Bay. You don't need to prove yourself to anyone, least of all us.

>You don't need to prove yourself to anyone, least of all us.
i wasn't trying to prove MYSELF to anyone, was simply saying that if LiS were an RPG with Max as an RPG protag with player dictating how she feels by choices (which,of course, she isn't), the game would never be as good as it is.

>We all chose Bae over Bay
so did i

Agreed 100%
The ending dilemma was terrible and that was partly because there was only one course of action for Max there. She had made up her mind long before that and was committed to saving and staying with Chloe.
The time wasted on an OOC scene with Chloe dying and everything being undone could have been used to show Max going back and actually using what she learned that week to help and warn more people.
No binary and unnecessary tragedy. But so what?
Max and Chloe are smart and Polarized really dumbed them down for the ending to 'work'

Fuck yeah

Bae Every day!

Actually, best ending is the one where Max lets Chloe die, because it's the right thing to do, it's what Chloe wants, blah blah blah fulfill the contractual obligations of the "Coming of Age" genre where Max realizes that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Max goes back to the bathroom, sits on the floor crying while Chloe dies, the photo clutched in her hand.

Max returns to the present and HOLY FUCK the TORNADO IS STILL HERE, because WHY THE FCUK (sic) would letting her die make A FUCKING TORNADO disappear.

Max has a panic attack, until she realizes that she still has the photo, so she goes back once more, saves Chloe properly, texts Kate to GTFO of Arcadia Bay, and back in the present, she and Chloe make out to the sounds of Arcadia Bay being wiped the fuck out.

It's been a month already, shouldn't ep 2 be released already?

kate is safe in the hospital anyway, IIRC

BtS gives us the canonical location of the hospital, and it's even closer to the path of the storm that we ever thought. It's right on the waterfront. So, yeah, Kate's canonically ded in Bae ending.

>Chloe is going to get tons of action from Rachel
>Chloe is going to tell Steph all about it
>Chloe is going to rek Victoria

What did we do to deserve Deck9?

oh well ,it's a sacrifice i'm more than willing to make for Chloe.

No, don't you remember back when lis came out? Everyone was making theories and when ep5 got delayed, people went crazy

So you're saying all those who chose the bae ending killed Kate?

However, her family are supposed to come pick her up from the hospital, and she's been there for the requisite 72 hours before the storm fully arrives to tear through everything. So there's a chance she survived.

Is all this factual?

From what has leaked, pretty much, although the extent of what Chloe and Rachel do romantically is probably choice dependent. They will apparently wake up next to each other at some point, however

Not to mention that Warren and Joyce die as well. Bay ending is truly the correct choice.

1) is possible, but depends on Deck9 being willing to spend the effort writing a scene where Chloe and Rachel do it, and *also* write a scene where they sit around playing video games or something instead.
2) is 100% contextually dependent on 1)
3) technically already happened, if you chose to fuck over Victoria by giving her wrong answers to her homework.

You mean the clingy Nice Guy™ who harangs Max even though she's clearly not into him and never will be, and the emotionally neglectful mom who married a jingoistic shithead who's physically and emotionally abusive towards his step-daughter? Yeah, the world's got plenty of those to spare, no one is going to miss them.

i see. thanks, anons

>trashing on Joyce like this

baefags everyone

Honestly, I was almost on Joyce's side in LiS, but after seeing the context of their relationship in BtS, I went cold towards Joyce. Like, I get that she's struggling, financially speaking, and clearly doesn't like being alone, but David is straight-up abusive towards Chloe, she is straight-up enabling it, and Chloe has no support structure to turn to. In LiS, you could at least justify it with "maybe he didn't get like that until after a year-or-so, so Joyce didn't notice until his behavior got normalized", but nope! It turns out he's been a shithead the whole time, and she let it happen.

shoppok.com/denver/a,87,224736,Auditions-for-Teen-Actresses-in-Denver-Colorado-for-Video-Game-Project.htm

>Nikki

you sound like tumblr

>more unnaturally accelerated romance
>more manufactured drama
Yay

>>more unnaturally accelerated romance
>unnaturally accelerated
wrong

>>more manufactured drama
>manufactured
wrong

Will before the storm only get 5 episodes or will there be more?

3 episodes

BtS is only three episodes, plus the bonus DLC episode set years earlier.

Oh,that sucks. I wanted to see more of Chloe and Rachel.

Too bad, you don't get to.

>whenever the arguments quiet down, /lisg/ slows to a slower crawl than ever before
You scared away all the old regulars, /v/
You did this

Chloe will get to see plenty of Rachel.

And then Rachel will betray her and get killed.

No need for Yonder Queen anymore.

I was going to cry fake, but then saw the July 2016 posting date.

I think I ship Amberprice more than Pricefield, lads.

Same.

Play Oxenfree
Also isn't South of Nowhere a cancelled MTV show about a closet lesbian and her bi-slut girlfriend who goes pregnant at some point.
I remember watching that, but wouldnt say its LIS like
Watch Twin Peaks.

I remember this being one of the most common solutions to how fix the ending.
Another one was having a New Game+ after the ending where Max wakes up in the Jefferson's class again now with the knowledge of everything and goes through the week again this time making all the correct choices without the need to overuse her power so the storm either doesnt come or everyone relevant knows about it beforehand so they can escape.
But Dontnod's goal wasnt giving the players a satisfying ending, but muh feels so

I know right
Everyday I wake up I thank the gods for Deck Nine and Square Enix

>Nikki
>Jessica

Same, though I didn't need much convincing in the first place

>Jessica
>On the surface, she is the perfect girl.
>Behind closed doors, she is broken with nobody close enough to share her problems with.

what is this all about?

A job offer from when they were looking for voice/motion capture actors for BtS
They used different character names so people don't instantly catch the wind that some new game about a "rebellious Chloe" and "top of the school" Rachel is being made and conenct the dots.

This but unironically

interesting ,thank you

KEK YES! So much for your muh /lisg/ culture will never change!!! You can stay here all you want, but you've lost pricefieldcuck.