>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Dragon of the North
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Defiant Honor
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Bloodshed End

Latest Patch Notes
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Patches
>pastebin.com/aUkgEegD

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Green/Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough) or sell if you have a fuckton of top-tier materials
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beta guide:
pastebin.com/VEHby7kd (embed)

Smithing text list:
pastebin.com/d4gaLiHk (embed)

Major new shit
>More than 2 item sets available! Buy them from Tome (/bestgirl/) with favour points, adjust how many you want in settings
>Abyss mode! How low can you go? Lower go'ers get better shit
>Can now play levels with specified friendos at the Torii gate
>Most weapons now have a strong charge attack and a mobile running/dash attack! Check them out!

If this general has died (Oh no!) and you are reading this in the archives wondering where to go, /ps4g/ is where most of us will lurk. Be polite and try not to dominate conversation, we will be their guests.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1ON5xM9hHRE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Okatsu's feet.

Best track
youtube.com/watch?v=1ON5xM9hHRE

Handsome William.

t. Hanzo
>/ps4g/
>conversation
apex kek

5th for Earth > Wind

>5th for lies
ftfy

So if I spend 10 cups on Marobashi does letting the last guy end me preserve the droprate?

Yep.

>kick the shit out of some mythical demon spirit whatever
>homeboy and his woman decide to burn to death for whatever reason
>I'm not trying to be extra crispy so I dip
>as I'm leaving that weird japanese in pajamas comes running up to me
>seriously get of my dick I'm only into muh shurshuh
>he mumbles something I didn't quite catch
>try my best to give a sincere smile
>he pulls his cat out of his pajamas and mumbles something about dusk

I miss England.

>h-hei wirriam w-would you rike to rive on isrand wis me

Shamelessly reposting, I want to get some input on this. Sorry.

(You) #
Holy fuck. I actually did it.
That's exhausting. Somehow.
Do you get something special for beating the mission? I heard talk about skills unlocked by beating it.

My favourite part about the prior mission, the Two Masters is how Yagyu would Tiger Sprint just as I had used Water Shadow on Hozoin. This would make him run right past me and into the slash, making me hurt both bars at the same time. Happened a bunch of times in the same encounter too. Cool stuff.

What interesting drops are in Marobashi? I got the Kaido Smithing Text, but other than that I'm clueless. The masters' Smithing Texts or something else?

You get top tier gear drops from the bosses and you can farm all their smiting texts in one polace. That and it's the best place to farm amrita/gold in your difficulty

>his woman
if this is emphasizing william's lack of comprehension, bravo and a mild kek

yukimura was married to otani's daughter though, which is acknowledged in game even though she's never shown and he does seem pretty fixed on yodogimi

>almost layer 100 in the abyss
>beaten ganryu multiple times
>still haven't gotten any of those rad looking odachis people were posting
ITS NOT FAIR

All the masters' smithing texts. Hozoin and the kusarigama master only drop their weapon texts, but the rest of them drop their armor and weapon texts. Yagyu drops the Kusanagi Tsurugi text as well.

I ran out of firebombs, but I barely managed to beat it with zero elixir left. Only after the battle did I realize that you could buff your weapon on the fire in the arena.

>using the bonfires
halt
verboten

So no skills? My bad.
Are the texts like Kusanagi Tsurugi's exclusive to this mission?

the fires are for preventing the adds

fuck i will ask again is there any good build for dual kats for wow won abyss ? or are they just worthless pieces of shit

Hope I don't get laughed at, but whenever Masamune Date kills me and does his gesture where he puts his hand over his face I can't help but think about Jonathan Joestar. Am I the only one?

Hayabusa is the only character in the game that drops skills.

is that a jojo reference?

Everything else is in the list then. Okay.
It's a bit disappointing, if I'm being honest, but it's understandable. Thanks.

Any good way to farm Glory without PS+?

technically there is like a few moves copied from old characters

like the side dash stuff from Masamune

What exactly is the "Auto Recovery" effect?
In the weapon mods that say "Weaken Armor xx.x%", the percentage is the chance that the skill occurs or its strength?

>can defile the unique helms

Auto Recovery means your health recovers over time for a while.
The percentage is the chance of it happening I believe.

I would like everyone to meet my wife Maria.

>What exactly is the "Auto Recovery" effect?
Basically the "small amount healed every second or so" effect you get from hot springs.
>the percentage is the chance that the skill occurs
Yes, that.

What are some worthwhile onmyo offensive spells to mix battles up? Besides orb spam for discord.

shut the fuck up masamune

I see, thank you.
Is there any use in stacking them?

I GOT YOUR 70K GLORY RIGHT HERE

I'm surprised and disappointed we didn't get a rapier moveset. A full gaijin weapon would have been a very nice addition, imo.
Can you even parry her, now that I think about it?

now why would you think that would actually happen?

ayo hol up
>fires 12 projectiles in three waves of four in a cross pattern to minimize your chances of dodging
is you sayin' we some kinda
>teleports across the room
Yuki Onna?

Which is the better effect for moonlit snow, attack damage surge or increase attack?

Because apparently I got unlucky and the few times I tried to parry her she did that grapple where she kicks my head. Thought she had some kind of counter.

She's very weird, feels as if she came from a different game.

I believe he means, why would you ever think we'd get a rapier weapon/moveset?

>She's very weird, feels as if she came from a different game.
she did
nioh 2

Ah, that. Because it's different from the rest of the weapons. Look at her, she feels totally alien. It would be nice to be an alien too, something to remind the player that William isn't Japanese.

Why would I think it would make it into the game? Because it's very different to anything else, and the weapon's concept is already in the game, kind of.

>The reason we got such an unsatisfying conclusion with Maria was because she's the lead of Nioh 2
Would be pretty cool actually, with mad dashes and teleporting powers.

>6 treasure rooms in less than 20 layers
truly, I am blessed

Talking of which, momentarily matching her speed with Flowing Shadow is fun as fuck.

>that one sock

Possible to get the smithing text for Masamune's swords from his fight in the second dlc?

Are the Abyss side missions predetermined, or just the bosses?

no idea

>Imagawa Yoshimoto, Miyoshi trio, Benkei, Minamoto no Yoshitsune, a few other figures get missions to themselves; Takeda Shingen and his retainers get one in the second DLC
>Ashikaga Yoshiteru is a full on ghost
>Matsunaga Hisahide and Yasuke are ALIVE, somehow

>Nothing for Uesugi Kenshin. Not a mission, not a revenant, not even an armor piece.
>Uesugi clan only mentioned in passing once in spite of being the catalyst for goading Ieyasu into the whole Sekigahara conflict
Well my jimmies are rustled, Team Ninja.

If the sequel isn't a prequel starring or at least featuring Kenshin, I'm going to be legitimately angry. Don't do the God of War dirty like that.

Though in a prequel, what animal or yokai could replace Saorise as a guardian? The atlas bear could just be turned into a Japanese bear, but Saorise stumps me.

>2 layers later, another treasure room
I can't keep getting away with this

I was hoping him, Chosokabe Motochika, and Mori Motonari would show up in some form. I guess Motochika's revenant appears and he has a set, so that's cool. But I too am pissed that Kenshin didn't show, especially because the game tells us that if you're badass enough you just get to hunt yokai forever as a ghost.

How do you think William reacts to transforming into women

Doesn't like it and feels embarrassed in front of Saoirse.

Why are kunai build hosts always complete shitters?

When does Shingen appear? Must have missed it. Also Hisahide is just a ghost.

For a sequel I can see it being set during the Bakumastu or have it be set in Europe about the Japanese samurai who travelled to Spain as an ambassador

Technically Motochika didn't get to show up- it was his son. It's surprising he's not around himself though. Motonari did get a helmet at least, but the lack of him is surprising too. Kenshin in particular being absent just feels especially weird besides my own personal bias towards the guy because he's a devotee of Bishamonten... a demon-slaying god. It's like pottery, and TK didn't capitalize. It's really weird and I can't help but see it as anything but a slight, given how jam-packed the game is with historical references.

>William doesn't like it
>Makes him embarrassed
>Does it anyway

Shingen and Yamamoto Kansuke both appear in one of the DLC2 side missions, "Crimson Will", as revenants, Shingen being the boss and Yamamoto being summonable. You get Shingen's helmet as a reward, IIRC.

Is Hisahide just a ghost? I must've missed that explanation then.

Both would be cool ideas, definitely. I'd personally not mind seeing one set in the Genpei War but given they didn't really give Yoshitsune a unique appearance, just a revenant I'm not sure how they'd handle that.

Bishamonten's patron insect appears too, it seems, if that's what Bisha's Centipede is. At least YUUBU MUSOU NO DATE SHIGEZANE is a real hood ass nigga in this game. He's overshadowed by masamune so much I didn't know he existed at all but he might be my favorite new nip.

I'm at like level 170 just finishing the first DLC, and pretty much everything consistently two shots me and it takes ages to kill bosses unless I wimp out and weakness+carnage constantly. Is there no need to keep levels low for revenant farming anymore?

Who has the coolest/most kino spirit division cutscene?

nobody?

Yep, centipedes are known as Bishamonten's heralds and such. Shigezane himself is pretty cool, at least, yeah.

Hideaki's, Masamune's, and Yodo's are pretty neat, imo.

i'm gonna tell you right now son just get used to shit one or two shotting you and go from there.
levels ain't gon fix that shit

I'd fire 12 projectiles at her in three waves of four in a cross pattern to minimize her chances of dodging if you know what I mean.

Does heavy armor make a difference? I have only just repicked up the game since release now all the dlc is out and I'm using a mix of the damage from behind set (Kingo?) and Warrior of the West with two Yasakani's, which I think is all medium. I just feel really weak compared to everything, even those long neck yokai take ages to kill and can fuck me up.

Oda nobunaga's is pretty cool too

Its mentioned thoughout the spider castle that Hisahide blew himself and his tea set up as a fuck you to Oda.

>roll a kunai spam build in WoTD early on because can't figure out how to make melee damage scale worth a fuck

>farm up a full ethereal Odachi set, respec for 99 this that and the other stat after reforging gear for seemingly relevant damage output quirks
>odachi only has about 2500 attack at player level 290-something
>feels super mediocre

alright, what am i doing wrong. odachi has heart and strength attack conversion, familiarity bonus on it. ethereal armor has literally any baseline of proc-based Attack boost -- i'm completely out of ideas on how to become SMASH mode here

So this is the new normal? Everything two shotting you?
How do I perfect Maria? Her superarmor fucks me over

Not that guy, BTW.

Heavy armor is useful for hyper armor. Don't focus on raising your defense, it's a lost cause and you'll never be able to keep up to date with the damage enemies shit out. I heard Tatenashi + Onmyo was the closest thing you could achieve to a proper tank though.

For a while it is, then one shots become the norm

Weak to head shots. Shoot her when the battle starts and whenever she is charging up her long range projectiles.

I'm running a full ninja build with a kusa focus and with a full +15 iga jonin set and currently up to Sekigahara in WoD.
Getting two or tripple shotted here. This normal or should I start looking to more defensive builds?

You're going to be just as squishy wearing ninja gear all the way up from your current position to as far as you want to go. Do different missions strictly for completion until you unlock Two Masters/Marobashi in Tokai and farm that until you feel comfortable moving into the next difficulty.

How hard is the Naomasa fight

Kind of a pain in the dick on harder difficulties if you don't want to cheese him with backwave/groundfire/LW. Otherwise he falls just as fast as pretty much every other normal sized human.

Not too bad, probably the third easiest human boss. Honda and that Shigenaga are much easier.

He is pretty easy. He has no poise, his attacks are slow as fuck and the only one with hyper armor is his Enko summon. I run 2kat and I can stunlock him to oblivion regardless of difficulty. Always one of the first missions I did whenever I was progressing up the difficulties.

Best build for that new spear running move? I love it so much.

From end WotD and onward you need to consider every aspect of your build and what it is contributing to your chosen playstyle. Weapon level and + value, gear effects, set bonuses, clan, spirits, buffs/debuffs you use, william/spirit stat levels, prestige points and probably more I'm forgetting. All of that needs to be focused on something specific.

I'm pretty sure Masamune can read your inputs.
Before, when I was throwing Kunai at him, he would immediately assume a blocking stance, as soon as I pressed the button, not mattering how much I had spaced the kunais from one another. I haven't seen that behaviour on other bosses.

>roll a kunai spam build
Could you give some information? I like kunais.

It's so you have to actually try in a battle. Can't be running around and throwing kunai and shurikens at everything like a retard.

you still can, just wait for him to swap spirits or use the water spirits special attack and he is completely open. On WotN you will run out of kunais long before you kill him though.

What's the most annoying debuff combination in the Abyss at high floor levels?

all of them

the one that locks your shortcuts/items really pisses me off

I'm also pretty one of them stops you amrita guage from compleely filling up so you can use LW

Time kunai throws during his LW attacks he can't block mid combo.

Can anyone give me a quick rundown on the abyss? Mainly looking to upgrade my divine equipment to ethereal.

Whats the progression for crafting gear at endgame? Forge a Divine version of what you want and then corrupt it and hope you get the Grace you're looking for after you go through as much of the abyss as you can?

I understand that, I personally have no problem with it, but I find it strange that he's the only one that does it.

bing the answer yourself it takes like 20 seconds you fucking coward

Man the Nioh wiki is fucking awful.

the Future Press guide still isn't fucking out yet

yes.

each floor has 4 status effects which buff the boss or debuffs you, eg. permanent stentch, boss attacks inflict slow.
There are 4 sub dungeons which remove the debuffs or buffs. You don't have to do that and dive straight into the boss.