Baby boomers grew up in the conservative 1950s, but all started becoming hippies en masse by the mid 60s...

Baby boomers grew up in the conservative 1950s, but all started becoming hippies en masse by the mid 60s. Every other generation before them carried on their parents values, so why did this happen?

The Vietnam war created a huge rift between the younger generation and their parents. Also, baby boomers grew up in an era of prosperity whereas their parents had to live through both the great depression and WW2.

Boomers were garbage and their filth is continuing to echo to this day.

>carried on their parents' values

Do you genuinely know nothing about history, or are you just plain old retarded?

When was there ever a generation that transformed societal values like the boomers did in the late 60s?

The hippies changed literally n o t h i n g

Then what led to the SJW infested society of today and everyone in public dressing like shit and being fat as fuck since nobody cares about their appearance or health anymore

You are quite literally forgetting that the rise of rock and roll in the USA during the 1950s which allowed the burst of the 1960s was literally just after a world wide war (the first of its kind) that killed 10s of millions and two atomic bombs which could destroy all life in the future.

It was a reaction to the wars of korea and vietnam, it was a reaction by people who lost family, who saw what could come when going to jazz clubs and seeing black musicians to the history of war and slavery. It was a drive towards unification and peace.

get off the internet bud lol

I go outside and see a bunch of fat fucks who have gone unshaven for weeks wearing t shirts and shorts with sandals. What happened to everyone being thin and clean cut and wearing suits

>le rose-tinted glasses conservative past

I say that as a Conservative.

I don't doubt less people wear suits, but can you really prove with empirical evidence that people today use less makeup, hair products and shaving equipment than the past? I sincerely doubt it considering how cheap those things are and abundant nowadays.

I've spent hours looking at street photography from cities in the 1950s and early 60s and every man is clean cut and at least wearing a button up shirt with slacks. Jeans, running shoes, and t shirts only became acceptable to wear in public city settings after hippies

>just after a world wide war (the first of its kind)
>literally World War II

the first of its kind in terms of kill count and atomic bombs, retard

Right and that is a personal preference of yours, your point being?

My point being boomers ruined everything, how could anyone not want to go outside and only see nicely dressed and groomed people

>Le wrong generation

You realize the areas of town people took pictures of were like Wall Street and stuff?

People wear suits to Wall Street, they just don't wear them home.
More BB were with Reagon than with Woodstock and stuff.

Post pics of yourself, user. I seriously doubt you're as fit and well-groomed as your attitude would imply. And surely you wouldn't mind being judged by strangers on the internet given how mercilessly you judge everyone you see.

You actually believe that meme?

The majority of people who wear suits nowadays I assume would be middle-aged and above people who are the boomers you are talking about.

I think you are literally just using boomers as an excuse as to why you dislike the world or are unsatisfied in life (not projecting).

How can you possible claim to know what life was like in the 1950s if you literally only know it from black and white photographs? Don't you think that's absurd?

I'm only 19 so I look young and I'm only wearing a t shirt because I was home at the time I took this photo

LMAO

At least people who weren't on Wall Street weren't fat with beards and wearing graphic t shirts and running shoes
I don't know what life was like but I know how people dressed and groomed themselves
Thank you

The revolutionaries of the French Revolution.

The revolutionaries of 1848.

The Silent Generation, that created Jazz and flapper culture in the 20s.

Honestly, just about every cultural shift in history can be tied to newer generations rebelling against their parents.

>Every other generation before them carried on their parents values
Literally what the fuck are you talking about

>only from the neck up
>not even dressed nicely
I bet you're a skinnyfat fucker with no muscle who does no more work to take care of yourself than the fatsos you mock.

I'm in college and have a shitty ass job, but hopefully the job situation will change. (which is why I'm going to college)
Not everyone who mocks worthless human beings is one, friend
Also I don't even wear my home clothes out

>worthless human being
;^]

>hours
Which you could have spent improving yourself and the world around you. Fashion changes. We're currently living in one of the most peaceful and abundant times in human history. Quit your bitching.

NEETs are the definition of worthless human beings

>I'm in college and have a shitty ass job, but hopefully the job situation will change. (which is why I'm going to college)
Not sure if this is supposed to be an excuse for being a manlet twink or proof that you "work to take care of yourself." If it's the latter, I meant physically, not financially.

I go to the gym if physical fitness is what you care about, but I don't think people who don't go to gyms are worthless people, only NEETs are
I'd rather the world be a little bit harder to live in so people aren't all hedonists

>I'd rather the world be a little bit harder to live in so people aren't all hedonists
>I hate fun: the philosophy

Fun is great from time to time, but it shouldn't be your life goal

le counterculture

>literally just after a world wide war (the first of its kind)

reddit: the post

Post a pic of yourself then.

Out of curiosity, what are you studying?

Gender Studies FUCK FASCISM

rolling

electrical engineering

rolling to see what meme ideology i have to roleplay as on Veeky Forums and /pol/

rollan

>Crypto Market Strasserism
>Market Strasserism
epic

roll

Jesus Christ op is it that difficult to follow the flow of history for that time period? I mean isn't it obvious that media changed everything in this day and age. In the United States you were getting full coverage of the Vietnam rule with you know the television. Do you realize how disgusting war is for most people? Is it really that surpriseing that a movement like that started?

Not true, every generation rebels against the former.

Our grandparents were conservative, our parents were liberal, we're conservative, our children will be liberal

And yes, our generation is definitely conservative. Beyond cosmetic progressive values like gay marriage, our generation is beginning to value reliability, hard-work, national pride, and not acting like a total dick. Even gays are pushing for marriage and participation in civic society, instead of rolling around in alleys collecting STDs (though those still exist and always will).

But I'm sure I'll get detractors. After all, everything's always going to shit at all times, right? Decadence and whatnot.

It's true, that's why until the 1950s everyone had the exact same values they did in Ancient Rome.
:^)

>high angle shot
Nice try

You look good and are just butthurt they got BTFO

see Cultural Marxism / Frankfurt School

roll

Rolling.

Le roll

>Classical Anocratic Strasserism
I came

Gonna give it an old roll.

Doo doo doo doo doo

>EE

Kek.

Orthodox Democratic McCarthyism.

So I'm essentially just a McCarthyist. Ok. Out the reds, save America. Buy my book.

>so why did this happen?

The "hippie" meme is a bit misleading. A red herring if you will.

When one's talking about the social, political, and/or economic shifts from WWII to the end of the Cold War, and points to
>Hippies!
That is easily dismissed when you realize most were part of the Hippy subculture for a summer or two, then fucked off to education, the workforce, or the military.

The real shifts were from the Radical Left
>USSR expanding power through various proxy wars and the US responding in kind, or vice versa

>USSR sending agents to infiltrate various institutions, including governments, universities, and unions

>Troskyites doing the same, but for free

>Various MIMist and Third Worldist movements popping in and out of existence

>Continentalism and Critical Theory starting to be accepted in academia

>Blacks and other groups asserting their rights, real or feigned

>Revolutions fomenting around the world

and the Reformist Left -- much of which was conducted and pushed for by WWI and WWII generationals as opposed to late or early Boomers
>Expansions in Social Security

>Expansions in Medicaid and Medicare

>Great Society programs

>Civil Rights Acts and integration

>End of immigration quotas with the Hart Celler Immigration Act of 1965

>Redefining of gender roles

with other groups taking on aspects of both
>E.g. anti-war protesters

>TLDR: Forces internal, external, radical, reformist, local, national, and global were at work

roll

I think you're missing shifts in cultural, economic, and political thinking that had little or nothing to do with that.

The US' demographics wasn't done as a "rebellion" against Dad and Grandpa, nor was Medicare or Medicaid. These were things pushed by the likes of the Cellers signaling against national origin requirements back in 1924, Eisenhowers with the White House Conference on Aging, and the TRs by signalling for social insurance as early as 1912.

When it comes to these issues, it seems people like falling into the trap of thinking inventions are mostly revolutionary and mostly made in garages, instead of them being mostly sequences of small innovations and mostly made by engineering teams.

Other, radical (or radically co-opted) agendas, did seem to have a great deal of spontaneous origin, but considering the degree of influence the USSR was trying to continue in the US, a great deal also may have been engineered. The various Black Riots and Student Riots (not protests mind) seem to fall into this category.

rolling

It was the Vietnam war that caused hippies to exist, not to mention that the cost of living was exceedingly low, wages were comparatively high to today and before the OPEC oil crisis gasoline was cheap.

All this lead up to people essentially being able to live a bohemian lifestyle and protest the status quo.

Before WWII the "middle class" and lower class were essentially peasants who had been destroyed by the great depression.

stfu nerd hippies suck and i am a strong alpha male and i giv u wedgie

>Every other generation before them carried on their parents values, so why did this happen?
Wow, just like their great great grandparents from various European shitholes who went 14/88 GAS THE KINGS. NATIONALISM & MUH NATION STATE NOW.

Or SLAVERY IS FUCKING WRONG, DAD, ITS 1860.

rollin...

>654
>Orthodox Technocratic Fascism
Fuck yeah
Time to shed the last of my Mutualist/Libertarian impurities.

t. riven main

>Left-Wing Representative Posadism
>Alpha

rollin

Rollan

roll

Lets see what I'll shitpost as

let's go

k

rollerino

boring as fuck, didn't quote so doesn't count

roll

roll

>Every other generation before them carried on their parents values,

What? No they didn't. Every generation rebels. Every social trend is a reaction against something earlier.

huah huah

rolling around at the speed of sound

nnn

Rollan

Roll

rollan

Ok.

Kay.

lets go

>neo libertarian conservatism
sounds like I'm the average politician then

original post