/fg/ - Falcom General #105

Previous thread: Coming down edition.

>Trails of Cold Steel PC out now:

store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the
humblebundle.com/store/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- Ys VIII released, but PC release date delayed due to issues with the port: steamcommunity.com/app/579180/discussions/0/1484356232247880393/

- Sen III trailer has been subbed: youtube.com/watch?v=QGfoGCWHLgI

- The trailer for Sen III is out: youtube.com/watch?v=fr-8b6S6HOQ

- Trails of Cold Steel III's on track for Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive. News/article translations: gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii

- Short CS3 TV ad: youtube.com/watch?v=NYaV_GNqyCo

- Ys Seven is out on PC: store.steampowered.com/app/587100/Ys_SEVEN/
gog.com/game/ys_seven

- Zwei II coming to PC via XSEED (Summer), preview stream: youtube.com/watch?v=3gVOBPNrNgU

- Tokyo Xanadu out on Vita, improved EX+ version on PS4/PC scheduled for late 2017

- Cold Steel 2 confirmed for PC, release date pending
twitter.com/xseedgames/status/850395724223098880

>Older news

- Check out these Trails FC & SC updates, re: translation improvements (xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization)

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Extra Stuff (Guides, links, CS undub): pastebin.com/n2G4xL5s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WBOD8qeCBuc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Calvard when?

This is the canon pairings if Kondo didn't cater to otaku self-insert bullshit.

Say something cute to them.

We will get to see the final scene of Sen 3 from Millium's eyes next game.

She'll see all the ghosts of all the Oz girls that came before her and passed away, all giving her a huge smile and two thumbs up, ready to welcome her to the inner circle of Aidos's heaven for good girls

Main guy and main girl
Fuccboi and strong girl
Nerd duo
Noble and his loli
The wind duo

>hated sen at first
>can't now after Sen III
>tfw being Rean is literally suffering

I-I just can't. Why must this poor lad suffer so much?

Why amerifats love osbourne

he has a harem tho

>Rean will be the protagonist for Sen 4
>Four is the number of death in Japan
I don't think Sen 4 is going to end well for Rean.

Those are cute but not as cute as the new class 7 desu.

>Kurt and Juna have been mistaken for lovers three times in the story due to how close they are
>Ash and Musse bants like Randy and Tio, except Ash is losing 100% of the time.

Is he the only in-house Falcom illustrator or something

The miracles were all used up by Joshua and Estelle so that they might live.

KeA doesn't have her power anymore.

There is no more divine intervention in the favor of the heroes. Everything they do now will have a cost.

Seems so.

>forced into relationships that end up fucking nowhere because of bullshit gameplay reasons
>meanwhile two of his students have hooked up

No, really, can't this nigga get a break?

I kinda like Machias/Fie over Machias/Emma.

I was pleased with these two.

I still hate cs1-2 even though cs3 was fun outside of the ending and instructor Rean was great. If anything you can hate them more easily because cs3 makes them look really bad and sorta pointless.

Same, I made fun of him for being scared of losing it, but he was actually right. And after getting fucked over 3 games in a row I'm looking forward to his comeback.

He has his daughter Altina. That's the only relationship that matters.

Adol could probably clear the whole saga in one game if he was the protagonist.

Question is how long would this game's playtime be?

Was Juna x Kurt actually confirmed, or is it shipshit like Jusis x Millium?

That's an interesting thought.
What could we cut out of CS1-2 to make it one game and not make this a 4-parter saga?

10 hours. Because that's all the time Adol needs to beat everyone worth beating in Trails.

List of confirmed people who didn't try to use Rean or abuse his trust or screw with his life and are not about to let "Muh plan" or "muh duty" interfere with keeping him in good shape:

>Alisa
>Elliot
>Machias
>Fie
>Laura
>Millium
>Juna
>Kurt
>Altina
>Ash
>Schwarzers
>Alfin
>Randy

I barely consider Jusis and Millium a couple. Rean's daughter is Altina and Jusis' daughter is Millium

Got teased to hell and back but not a thing yet. Kinda like Estelle and Joshua in FC.

Well Rean might finally get pay off in Sen 4.

They are pretty close friends, who sometimes fight and get along, always supporting each other. There was no declaration of love between them and Juna blush with Rean more than with Kurt so no but if I have to take a girl out of Rean it could be her and wouldn't feel odd to be honest.

Have Courageuos rescue Class VII so they could remove the entire act 1 of CS2. Make act 2 more coherent, cut the trial to only one long shrine. Make the entire Heimdallr the final dungeon, there you have it.

>Mistaken as lovers by both families.

As far as tropes go, that's as good as being confirmed already.

RIP in Milliumfags though.
Oh well, at least we'll get a good dub at the ending from Chiplock, since he's a Milliumfag iirc.

Comparitively, there is more shipshit between Juna and Kurt than Jusis and Millium, but there is no concrete confirmation of romance due to the fact that Juna still needs to be available for Rean.

??? FC literally ends with them both confessing to one another.

Calvard better not have muh dense harem protagonist. Really hinders character development for the rest of the party members.

Please don't tell me that the final bonding event with Millium actually changes her final stand into something even more sad.

It totally does, doesn't it.

Which final bond events did we even get to see

Meant for

Did Vander mom mistook them as a couple? I know Juna's siblings did.

It's canon-romancefags clinging to anything they can. Sen III had Sen I tier final bonding events because of the game split, you'll see those kinds of side ships get sunk in Sen IV.

>Dorothy starts taking pictures during random encounters
I wasn't prepared for this.

Tieba user went with Juna. It ended up with MORE headpats and Juna saying that she wanted to enroll in police department. No romance subtext between Rean and Juna ironically.

Since the first time Rean went crazy was with Elise, I imagine that what he did to the bear was just as severe as him hacking the divine beast in CS3's ending

Sara fucked him up? Agate, Tita and Tio could be added as well. They didn't have ulterior motives, they cared for "muh crossbell" without yelling like Yuna.
Hell I think if Rean opens up the older main cast in Liberl/Crossbell might be his best allies.

*They I meant for Tio, Randy as well. Welp.

>It ended up with MORE headpats

Someone stop this man.

No, nothing was confirmed because they have to be kept available for Rean.

His dad stopped him, don't worry.

Headpat man is gone and all that remains is suffering man after the end of Sen 3.

Sara wanted him to do the heavy lifting for making Olivier's project a winner.
Tita only cares about Valimar
Tio I'll give you.
Agate isn't that much different from Toby when it comes down to it.

Just reached chapter 3 myself and can confirm that Ash-Musse interactions are fun. Ash tried to be an edgy fuck towards her many times but she's unfazed.

New Class VII in whole reminded me of SSS, to be honest.

Implying they'll ever have canon romances again. Randy-Mireille was the last one and that was back in Ao.

Can you fish in Sen 3's final dungeon?

To be fair, their role aren't that much different. Especially if we're to center everything around Altina.

>Kurt = Lloyd
>Juna = Elie
>Altina = KeA
>Ash = Randy
>Musse = Tio

Yes, that's a noble. You know where.

No, this chapter was not kind to them at all. Thanks Duke Peppers

That's kinda what I was saying, people are clinging to character interactions as evidence of a canon romance. Waifus are a big part of Peronsa's success and Falcom are tapping into that market. They aren't going to abandon the gal game aspect when it's a seller and is comparatively a small part of the story.

It was worse. Elise didn't die so he just killed the bear brutally and snapped out it of it.

With the beast he brutally killed it and then continuned to attack it's corpse for another several minutes until it's dead body fell apart, and then he immediately tried to kill Osborne next.

But it barely makes sense for Rean to canonically romance someone that's not part of his developmental phases in CS1-2

Playing as a girl in P3P and being able to husbando everyone is better though.

There's no water so no.

Anyone playing Sen 3 while browsing /fg/ here? Who's the CP battery character here? Or at least tell me when do I get good CP quartz.

Kurt with his buff + delay attack + Brave Order make nightmare battles a clownfest, but his CP went out like waterfall all the time.

Great. I was literally pulling my hairs out because I couldn't find the last fish in Ys VIII anywhere.

It ironically also applies to the trail series though. The girls are mostly wet tissue paper while the boys have top notch personality.

No seriously, can't Falcom hire a better writer for the girls? The current one can't write good girls for lord's sake.

At this point, the only people who could have a shared ending with Rean are Alisa, Crow and Altina. Then out of the three, Crow is likely going to be "dead" again at the end of Sen IV and Altina is his Renne.

Does it come from getting lots of triple advantage, or maybe the lower difficulty? The streamers were terrible players but seemed to have CP for days. Ash is his own battery, but I didn't see nu-vii providing it to each other.

Pretty sure Trails has had the same writers since Sky.

Hummel is cute as fuck. Too bad Ash is really an edgelord.

Eh, I wouldn't say a small part of the story.

What if back in FC/SC Estelle had the option of getting with Olivier, Agate, Zin or Kevin? It would have greatly hindered their individual storylines and interactions with the other female party members.

Alisa, but you just get her occasionally from time to time.

I heard good CP quartz are available after Heimdalr. I haven't reached that far myself though.

Name one series that has good girls

There will never be well-written girls in anime games except by happy accident because waifufags are far more prescriptive about the kinds of behavior they'll tolerate in their waifus. Husbandofags enjoy all kinds of things because they like flawed figures and growth.
I don't think edgelord is what they were going for with him. He's too entertained by all the lame posturing everyone does.

Boys are overrated in Trails. There's only two good ones.

I'm not sure what you're arguing here? I'm trying to say that because waifus sell and the romance aspect only has a minor impact on the plot of Sen they have no reason not to have the new girls be waifuable.
I never played P3 with the FeMC so I'll take your word for it, but I think it's telling that they've kept a male MC that can date the girls.
I meant in the context of the post-Sora games, the romance had a massive impact on the Sora story. But what would really change if Lloyd's canon romance was Tio or Elie or Noel? Same with Rean and the Sen girls. Romance is a small or insignificant part of their characters and plots.

Otaku cultures are a thing now, user. Degenerates like them just want 2D girls to lust after their own dick and not the others.

Just like /fg/

Kurt actually calls Ash about that in their link victory pose. Something along the lines of "Dude, stop being chuuni as shit."

So this is why Falcom called it Sen: the last saga

>chuuni as shit

Yeah, that. That's the word I'm looking for. I've forgotten that.

So...Falcom is pulling a Cs1 low tier bonding romance event for Cs3
To leave the best event for Cs4 like they did with Cs2
Where you could hook up even with the boys as super-duper-best-friends?

If Rean doesn't commit sudoku to died and never come back ,which girl or boy are you choosing for the final bonding event?

Alisa of course. I never understood the hate for her.

At this point? Jusis for the suffering bros. He's not Rean-tier, but his suffering was the gift that kept on giving.

Crow of course, since he is the heroine.

Everyone, I'll play through twice to see all of their events.

We need an official SUFFERING tier for them at this point, really.

Jusis, Altina, Emma, Gaius, and Laura

>yfw this is the intro theme to Sen IV
youtu.be/WBOD8qeCBuc

Has someone uploaded the entire victory pose yet? I noticed that Juna-Kurt got at least three different animations from the streams.

Alisa

from least to most SUFFERING whos it look @ the end of CS3

machias has to be up top coz nothing has happened to him

Juna, Altina, Millium, Ash, Kurt, Musse, maybe Gaius too.

Their dialogue changes too

Duvalie and Laura.

>JUST KILL US ALREADY tier
Rean
Jusis
Crow

>SOMETHING HAPPENED TO THEM tier
Everyone else

>SAFE tier
Machias

Probably something like that.

I meant that the lack of a canon romance for the protag would hinder the development for the other characters, not the protag himself. I think this is more evident in CS than Zero/Ao cause of its large cast.

What happened to Elliot and Emma?

Nothing that caused trauma for them.

Elliot finds out that his father was Osborne's bro.
Emma got Vita's and Roselia's wand.

Machias will join the unsafe tier the moment he lose Patty

Elliot his mother,for Emma was Vita and Rean (since she was supposed to watch over the awakener but went to search for Vita)

Actually, nothing really bad happened to Elliot relative to his friends. His family and Neithardt are still okay.

Is it just me or has there been an increase of Altina fan art since they started Sen III marketing, especially with her and Rean? Compared to the other new cast, Musee and Juna barely have any fanart at all. I think I've seen more pics of Sen III Rean and Altina than Sen III Rean and Alisa

Fuck, even the damn artist for the Sen manga drew them together. Are the Japs are the awakening to the Father/Daughter relationship now?

More like a big brother,little sister ,they make a better family than Rean-Elise.

Of course also as lovers since japs loves incest more than any of us (except for the royalty)

Altina to continue the adorable Father/Daughter relationship.

Damn went into the YS8 forums on steam to find out the latest news, the people commenting... damn crazy creatures

>Father/Daughter relationship

You know as well as I do that most people want him to fuck her.