docs.google.com/document/d/1eKXbdEr6jnTG5DcMQX2qcMlsmYQ8hO6Sl3-sySYpHR4/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord (READ THE README BEFORE JOINING): discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Player list: pastebin.com/9hG50KHX
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

darksouls2.wikidot.com/weakness
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Jeff sucks big black cocks.

Also, you can probably remove the player list from the community section.

Then, un-equip it? Remember that this is a From game, they take a bunch of shortcuts while programming, and this is one of them.

Beyond what said, there's also Homoprinces, Dancer and even Ancient Wyvern, for the very first times.

Where's a pointy wizard hat in Scholar?

Is there any place shittier or lazier in Dark Souls 3 than the Consumed King's Garden?

What DS3 Leggings have the best ASS?

Black Witch
Moon Hat (from Astrologist Set)
Possibly Northwarder

Propaned Hallway.

Dancer's, no contest. Honorable mention to Black Leather.

Untended Graves? Literally the entire start of the game, just dark lmao. Also doesn't even have a matching dark sky, you can see a clear blue sky in the water's reflection half the time, which proves that From literally just copy+pasted it in there and toned down the light.

The only thing I enjoy about it is how it made me wonder if Untended Graves where the real Firelink Shrine and the reason Pus of Man is in the Garden is because Aldrich "touched" them and they transformed.

At least the runback to Yhorm doesn't involve waiting for elevators and resetting them in case you die like the Oceiros boss.

Also, Profaned Capital doesn't rely on toxic swamps and densely crowded placements of Pus of Man enemies to be difficult.

Though I guess it does go a bit overboard in the SURPRISE! gargoyle ambushes.

The problem is that not only was it poorly implemented, but it didn't even accomplish its designed goal. People just run straight past the worm, use the ballista to kill it and then activate the "last" bonfire in the zone before either going straight for Old Demon King or exploring the ruins backwards.

If they wanted to do it right, the worm would have been placed farther back where the ballista couldn't reach it, and it would have been able to turn around if it detects a player behind it (just like any other enemy in the game). Then you would have to actually fight it to get your rewards instead of sitting down in a ditch next to it.

stop including the previous games in the OP you fucking idiots, no one discusses them since a long time ago, we're all on superior Dark Souls 3 the logical conclusion of the series, how it should have been since the beginning and we don't need to be reminded of the shitty unfinished broken jokes of a pc port seller

My biggest problem with Untended Graves, aside from it being copy and pasted laziness, is that they removed the bonfire before the Gundyr boss. I would have loved fighting Champion so much more if that bonfire was still there. It certainly would have made practicing parries much less frustrating, as you don't have to run all the way back from the start of Untended Graves each time you died.
> you can see a clear blue sky in the water's reflection half the time
Really? I definitely have to see that for myself. That would be fucking hilarious if true.

A lot of screenshots have been taken, just to show it off.

Fuck off faggot, Dark Souls 1 is superior to shit souls 3 and 2.

>started my first faith play through of ds3 yesterday
>pretty underwhelming at first
>get my hands on lightning spear
>holy shit this is fun
>can't wait to get home again to finish the playthrough and start getting into pvp

(You)

Untended graves is literally the starting area. As in physically the same place in the game.
It seems that when you enter from the cave area after oceiros it changes the enemy placements, bonfires, and lighting.
With cheat engine you can actually climb up the wall in the starting area and get to the after-oceiros area, then turn around and walk back out and its untended graves.

What does bloodtinge and arcane represent lore wise?

who discusses king field here again ?
who discusses das 1 here again ?
who discusses das 2 here again ?
who discusses cuckborne here again?

oh that's right shitposters such as you,
the only reason these are forced in the topic is because faggots convinced everyone we can't keep an active general without shoving literal shit onto the weighting scale so we get high post counts and bumps. But all you're doing is attract redditors and shitposters. King field is only mentioned by reddit kids, das 1 and 2 only brought up on their controversial aspects and make the general devolve into circlejerk (with eventually one of the cancerous tripfag thinking they are e celebs dumping their webm to make a point) and don't even get me started on cuckborne .

You want a clean general ? remove these sad excuses of shitposting

Royalty/nobility and perception/madness, respectively.

literally 2/3rds of each thread is about DS1 or DS2, except for people whining about how bad DS3 is

DS3 is just copy paste the game.

Im so sad now. Didnt get to play it before and now Im just disappointed

>royalty/nobility
>makes you better at shooting
>somehow makes quicksilver bullets stronger
How does that work?

>who discusses cuckborne here?
Plenty of people have shown willingness but you PCfats try to drive everyone who does out of the general.

Can someone tell me what the names of the Leggings and Gauntlets are on this?

Why bother playing Soulsborne games when the title of the hardest game ever has been taken by Cuphead?

>all very late game/locked behind an arduous NPC questline that you could never figure out without a guide because like all NPC quests it's easily fucked up if you miss an encounter in some obscure corner of the map or fail to meet some unrelated arbitrary requirement

I just want a damn wizard hat. Why does From hate us so

and literally 2/3rds of each threads is shitposting, see the correlation ?

oh yes cuckborne brings so much quality discussion "mus pissfour exclusive werewolf theme that goes into lovecraft and sheeeeeit"

DS3 is a great vertical stack for journalists. It's got some great individual levels, combat, and individual bosses. But over the course of the entire game it falls apart. That's why it has such bad replay value.

that's because /bbg/ exists. If /bbg/ merged with /dsg/ there would be more discussion on BB.

Looks like demons fist

nigga dark souls isn't even the hardest from soft game

>Warrior all your life.
>Live by the sword, die by the sword
>Awaken one day having lost everything you ever were
>Just a head left to think and remember
What an interesting chap

>every post about a game I don't like is shitposting

Oh, sorry I thought you were contributing, I didn't realize this was a comedy routine.

>The first King's Field
That shit was difficult for me, but fuck me it was a lot of fun.

DS2 had some very interesting NPCs but the actual "questlines" (talk to them and summon them for a boss, nothing else) was really watered down, it's a damn shame.

>he's never even SEEN 136%

I really enjoy his shield too. It's a real reflection of who he was, but it's got that same kind of subdued and thoughtful air

Never played an Armored Core game of my life, but looking into trying one.
Mech's just never been my thing.

>Mech's just never been my thing.

you fucking faggot kill yourself RIGHT NOW

>kill every other boss on the 3rd try at most
>older homoprince is killing me in his first form
I don't understand. It's like my dodge timing is 0.1s too early or too late for every sinlge attack.

so i've noticed that some sites sell steam codes for dark souls 3 "fire fades" edition which is supposed to include both dlcs but i can't seem to find it on steam can someone explain this shit?

Welcome to delayed attacks, the fight.

Or what faggot? What you going to do, huh?

Perhaps if you grew up playing actually difficult games like Cuphead you wouldn't have had issue with babby's first difficult game.

Lorian pisses me off for the same reason SoC does and that is that their stupid delayed swings that pivot on the spot which connect at the end of the animation

His stab attacks are just slightly too fast and his slashes just slightly too slow. I'm getting to the point where I can dodge safely but punishing him for his attacks has been sketchy.

I suppose in the boss' defense every worthwhile enemy in DS3 pivots on the spot as well.

Anor Londo, Profaned Capital.

Garbage areas that could have been so much more.

Ringed Knight gauntlets with Demon Fists
Iron Dragonslayer Leggings?

Oh. What about the leggings?

Can I do anything interesting with Ring of Whispers after talking to Tark

Daily reminder Deep Down will never happen. How does it make you feel?

Looks like regular ringed knight legs, like the rest minus the head.

Not really. You can still make your game kinda creepy, I guess.

This is the reason DS3 kinda just feels like hard work.

>rush to boss
>gotta learn his moveset and all of his asshole delayed moves

I need to get good olololool

Yeah but seriously I kinda felt Bosses in DS1 were maybe easier but at least they had some fairness to them.

Even DaS1 had its share of ridiculous Bosses who proved to be tough. But as you stated, they at least felt fair.

The main gimmick about AC is that it's entirely built around customization. Imagine dark souls but everyone starts the game at SL120 NG+7, and with all the equipment available for purchase (and with 3x more weapons/armor than souls) and no way to level up further. Missions are hard, but you have everything you need to beat them right away. You can make builds and respec your stats but you still have to actually learn the game to know that you're doing it right.

In most of the games, you can't retry if you die. You lose money So the main way to advance hte game is to basically fight NPCs and see what equipment they use, what works and what doesn't, and then apply that to the missions so you win first time, and efficiently enough that you profit, since each bullet you use and hit you take costs money.

If the thought of a shooter where you have to even customize your own control scheme to match the situation appeals to you, go emulate AC3, if it doesn't, stick with dark souls, which is much less stats-dependent.

Fire Fades is the console only disc release.

Steam version is called the Deluxe Edition, because steam doesn't sell you physical discs.

I know all of that, but Mech's just never said anything to me sadly, so I never gave it a shot.
The whole ranged combat feels a bit "meh" to me, but I sort of want to give it a try one day.

Anor Londo
>import the model from ds1
>remove some railing
>put some of Aldrich's shit here and there
>omit the best part of it and one of the best parts of the first game
Ooor, you could try not twitch-reacting the moment you see the boss lift a finger. Seriously, if you can't handle phase 1 you'll never handle phase 2, which is that plus lothric bullet-helling you. And the trek to the boss is pretty short, only annoying part is having to reset the elevator

Reset the elevator?
You mean you don't run off while pushing the button?

Im not this guy. Im at Champion Cuntyr right now.
I mean I will beat everyboss eventually solo. Its just an epic roll race everytime, just a different one.

Ah whatever Ill just stop playing for a bit

I do but you have to keep a mental note of doing it every time.

Rolling to avoid damage is the easiest way to go about it, but not the only. Check no roll challenges on YouTube

Phase 2 is easy as fuck. Lorian doesn't even move without teleporting, and most of Lothric's attacks are the easy to dodge Soul Spears.
What makes Homoprinces tedious bullshit is having to kill Lorian multiple times to take out Lothric, and the AoE blast that punishes trying to attack during revival.

Should I do iron keep first or Brightcove?

Which order does this shit go in?

>>Which order does this shit go in?
Any order you want. That's the point.

either is fine
for some reason I do iron keep first most of the time

They're both dead ends with Old Souls.

Any order that's kind of the point, but most people consider Iron Keep to one of the harder lord soul areas since they don't know how to deal with weeb knights

>Should I do iron keep first or Brightcove?
I dunno senpai, which do you want? Everyone at Cove is magic resistant, but weak to fire, Everyone at Iron Keep is fire resistance, but weak to lightning.

If you're a sorceror, Cove gets you goodies. Iron Keep gets you ultra weapons and pyromancy.

>Which order does this shit go in?
Either. Difficulty gets harder the further from Majula but each tier is roughly equivalent. It's like Demon's Souls, I think Iron Keep might be a "little" harder than Brightstone Cove in the same way that 5-2 is a little harder than 4-2, but they're both much harder than 5-1 and weaker than 4-3

Either, what build are you doing?
I'm talking mostly about the holy soul masses. SL1 they're pretty annoying. Also, the wog is very slow and so is the remount, you can get a few hits in, back off and get some more in

Fuck whoever was responsible for animating these pricks. And the falconers. And the heide knights. You can tell it was all the same guy: jerky, twitchy moves with little to no telegraphy.

>Do whatever you want
Huh. First play through I had trouble with different areas. Must be because of my own skill an build. Figured the game itself had an order of sorts in area difficulty.

DS1 and DS3 do.

DeS and DS2 do not. The further from Majula you go, the harder it gets, but differences in type (Strike vs Slash, Fire vs Magic, Dark vs Lightning, etc.) matter more than area difficulty or enemy damage/defenses. So any area can be approached at any time, and the easiest area will always be whatever area is weakest to your build.

There is a more linear order once you reach the second half of the game, but the 3 DLCs (post-game) are structured the same way.

EAT SHIT, NERD

Oh my god Im so fucking gay

Ds2 has no intended path before the shrine. Any road has about the same difficulty, progressively increasing until the last boss. You need to cycle through areas to keep up, or you'll have the first path be hard and the last path too easy

>aloone knights
>hedie knights
>no telegraphing
The fuck?

Weeb knights telegraph all their attacks and never combo
Heide knights only have one low windup attack and it's the "don't cirestrafe you retard" backhand swipe

Falconers can go fuck themselves though because their block frames when they are clearly not blocking

>girl toon
>all caps blogposting
>most likely has a moeblob steam profile pic

kys

Well maybe it's just be but I've done three characters now, and lost bastille has always seemed the easiest and shortest

killed lost sinner
can I still summon lucatiel for flexile sentry?

Gutter is actually the easiest since the enemies are just hollows with dark weapons, rats are piss easy too
Bastille is easy/medium depending on if you two hand to stagger the big guys and how well you deal with multi enemy encounters
OIK path is easy until Iron Keep, Iron Keep itself is easy if you have a thrust weapon, know how the agro mechanics work and are patient enough to wait for the knights to come to you rather to run at them.
Brightstone cove is slightly stronger and more agressive rats

id probably say sinner is a harder boss than OIK and freja, but sinners rise and lost bastille are easier the the areas leading to OIK and freja

>Anor Londo
The "Anor Londo" part of DS3 is literally there just to inform you of the fact that Irithyll is the town below Anor Londo and you were in Anor Londo all along, just didn't get the area transition notification until you see Gwyn's Keep.

Again, CKG is meant to be a subsection of Lothric Castle and not not really it's own entirely separate thing. It's counted as a "level" because it has it's own boss but what the fuck do you expect from a level that's literally called a garden? It's small yeah, but it's definitely meant to be taken as a part of a larger whole instead of being clearly it's own thing.

Vanilla? It's pretty annoying on SotFS.
>go from wharf
>feel good for killing the spear dude without getting hit
>kill a crossbowman
>turn attention to dogs
>suddenly pursuer
>suddenly forlorn
>trynotopanic.jpg

Why is DS3 pvp such absolute fucking garbage?

Admittedly pursuer chose some choice moments to pop up

I just save the Pursuers for later and head through the boarded-up hole in the wall to Sinner's Rise.

It's funny because the chad is wearing minmaxed armor

Fucking forlorn and his 30 different invasion spots

So there's this one jump in earthen peak by all the gears. How do you make it? Too far to jump normally seems.

You can go from above. Iirc it's a poison broadsword

Ask 10 players what the difficulty order is, and you get 10 different answers. The difference in how you adapt to each area is wider than the actual difference in any difficulty.

The most objective way to measure it through is through the "Area Defense" stat in souls, which is the base flat defense of enemies (before resistances and modifiers) in a given area.

darksouls2.wikidot.com/weakness

Charting it out, it seems that FFoG, then Heide's to Sinner's Rise, then Iron Keep, then Black Gulch, and lastly Shaded woods is best, with only shaded woods being notably harder to start with (grave, copse, and wharf are all equal). However, it doesn't really take into account that shaded woods enemies are generally weaker and more easily trivalized by a torch, black gulch is full of poison, and iron keep has a lot of strong enemies.

if you burn an ascetic you can resummon her for other bosses. Most people just burn at No-man's wharf to complete her questline that way and farm souls

Dont be mean, user

>bothering to respond to "normie: the post"

That seems like the right order for me. Only I'd put Black Gulch in the (optional (preferably never)) category. The gutter too. I don't have the patience for al that cancerous poison

>not jumping down and getting the dark pyro flame and great club at the start of the game, then going rat smashing

>start of the game
Where do you get 13k souls at the start of the game?