Skill Book Crafting: divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Skill Crafting

Divine Ascension (soundtrack, concept art, artbook, lorebook, a map):
mega.nz/#F!tpNGXaZR!UttmYFiknpMvm28ZcOddJQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JsxFYO7hZHA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>most of the few damage spells they have are source skills
>others require melee range
>breathing bubbles also makes you immune to positive effects from clouds, including your own spells (blessed smoke cloud)
>apportation
>shocked is a worthless debuff because -1 AP doesn't make a difference when the game is "balanced" by allowing enemies to start off with 10+, better off going hydrosophist which allows you to cast both chilled AND wet
>there are people in this thread RIGHT NOW defending putting 2+ points into aerotheurge
when will lightningfags ever learn?

Post boners.

First speedrun is done - 48:25

Looks like he relied on the teleport bug, so speedruns will be stuck on the version before whatever patch fixes it.

The run itself definitely looks sub-optimal though; i wouldn't be surprised if this run makes it below 30m at some point.

If I take picture of health and pump warfare, is there any point to further invest into con?

Doesn't nether swap need 2 points?

I want to marry the Red Prince!

How do I get through the hatch under this bed?

forgot to add link, fuck me

youtube.com/watch?v=JsxFYO7hZHA

magic is just shit in general
>have go through both resistances and magic armour
>long cooldowns
>needs loads of memory points

B-B-BBUT I CAN DO GORILLION OF DAMAGE AT LVL 20 WITH METEOR STRIKE

yeah shut the fuck up, game is so fucking easy past act 2 so no wonder magic actually becomes viable compared to physical

>retard gets ready for a new thread
>he's super excited, got his image ready and a wall of incoherent babble
>publicly humiliates himself by implying no one should put "2+" points into aerotheurge

gee, user, you seem to have spent all that preparation getting ready to tell us we should only have 0 or 1 point(s) in aero. did you just publicly advocate not being able to learn Teleportation?

also

>not playing a badass int scaling aero/warfare battlemage alongside hydro allies

what's the appeal of corpse explosion and explosive trap?
their tooltips don't even display the damage they do

Is that his thigh or...?

You're supposed level both if you ever want to spam spells with elemental affinity. Git gud.

By pressing a button in the junkyard in front of the house.

Get in line

best NPC

It's 3% per Warfare point, so it multiplies off your base health + CON.

One of my characters got 100 exp ahead and it's triggering me hard.

Hydro/warfare or hydro/necromancy?

Can you o'en the chest without killing the heads? I got rid of the bulbs, but they still explode.

Already googled it but thanks anyway.

Just don't o'en it.

Again, what's this fucking boost bullshit?

I want to replace my gear with lucky charm modifiers, but having to switch back to it every time I want to open a container is pure fucking cancer.

You traded 5 stat from a single stat to plus 5 in another at the academy

▲ post your face when divinity newfags can't even pyramid ▲

But I want to o'en the chest!

Also, behold the ultimate power

Hydro/warfare and remember to but nails in your boots.

The bulbs are a red herring. There's just explosives under the heads.

how?

Its things like this that piss me off about this game. Why is this even possible? Just tie exp to the main character, the rest of the party should just auto-scale to their level.

Its not hard, its actually harder for them to implement it otherwise

I really hate this studios shitty balance design "we are going to make it so everyone takes low levels of all skills for utility and then add very specific odd out of place game changing skill lines i hope you like EVERYONE HAVING TENTACLES LOL"

Hydro/necro might be alright for decay and then healing enemies to death.

>Its things like this that piss me off about this game. Why is this even possible? Just tie exp to the main character, the rest of the party should just auto-scale to their level.
>Its not hard, its actually harder for them to implement it otherwise
Please stop, graduating the /v/ school of game development doesn't mean you know anything.

i'm going for something with a crossbow which in prebuilt seems wayfarer, and game starts me with +1 finesse +1 int
what the fuck is the point of int on a character like this?

You're not me.

they don't want the rest of your party to be able to get fat off the work of the main character without ever being in any danger.

I've only found two instances in which one character got exp while the others didn't. One being the spider's kiss, which you can fix by repeating it with every character individually, and one with the three altars. Did you do either of those?

Are you sure?

What should I do with this one Deathfog barrel I got?

Wayfearer has huntsman+geo. Geomancer needs int.

>literally not even looking at the prebuilt skills or knowing what a wayfarer is

it's basically a ranger who dabbles in magic, you moron. you can get some good utility spells with a little investment in magic and boost their stats a bit with int, or you can invest more heavily and get damage.

rtfm or get btfo lmao rekt

It might have happened when I ate the fish in Driftwood. It was definitely before spider's kiss and I haven't done three altars yet. I first noticed it when I went down in the basement of the poison fish factory.

>except utility spells dont scale off int

bravo larian :^)

open it in the middle of HELLACIOUS GENERAL square

THE AXE?

Something like this?

literally what is the point of this when elemental arrows exist

I've played for 126 hours and I still haven't seen much of act 2, pretty much only up until the terracotta army fight.

I keep changing my mind on what party to bring. "Bro you can just respec everything on the boat", yeah sure, but then the whole group will have the wrong skill books and buying everything they need from scratch costs more gold than you can acquire even by stealing everything you see up until that point.
I can't decide what MC to play, either what custom race to play or what origin character to play or whatnot.
I can't decide on what build path is more fun, or more effective, WITHOUT being OP. I haven't put points into warfare or summoning since my very first 10 hours into the game, because everyone says that both are too broken.
I'm currently back at level 5 on a whole new group. I've done act 1 maybe ten times over this week.

I think I'm killing my game fun by being autistic. HELP.

Am I meant to murder all of the possessed dwarves and the umbral statue or what?

What are the other ways to escape form Fort Joy?
I've done the sewer pipe, draw bridge and the beach.

There is none, the class presets are all with out exception unoptimized trash and there is absolutely no excuse for it.

deathfog has no effect on inanimate objects, so no, not in the slightest like that

Past Orivand and co. there's a scaffolding with a ladder that's a one way drop out.

Scoundrel or Knight?

put down the internet browser and just have fun

That's why drugs were invented. Some people just can't let themselves have fun.

If the black ring had a "portalmaster" why didn't they portal in some lava instead of water

Scoundrel

WHY CAN'T YOU USE BACKLASH WITH SPEARS

Because they are not ver smart people. Hence the name Black Ring and not White Ring or Asian Ring.

holy shit dude this isn't some competitive e-sport where you have to minmax every little action you take, who the fuck gives a shit if warfare/summoning is broken? you think we'll give you pats on the back if you beat the game without investing a single point on either?
just stop fucking minmaxing or drop videogames and use that weaponized autism to do something productive

Can I learn Dome of Protection or whatever it's called on another race?

>White Magisters
>Fucking incompetent

thats the custom character skill so any race you make a custom character at the start out of has that in addition to their racial skill.

Any way to get it on an Origin character?

>condor doesn't have 'switch places with master'
DROPPED

I think I'm some kind of freakshow of a challenge-seeking perfectionist. It needs to be the perfect blend of difficulty, not making myself play on easy-mode anywhere, and then I also need the perfect party setup or at the very least the perfect MC for every occasion.
Because if I don't beat the game at "the intended challenge", I didn't beat it, I just breezed through an interactive movie.
I think an issue is that I learn the ins and outs of a game way too fast, I learn to break and abuse them after just hours, and from then on it's minmaxing time.

So are you telling me that if i play tactition with a two man lone wolf party consisting of two mages. One of which is pyro/geo and takes loremaster, and the other of which is aero/hydro and takes telekenesis, and i do nothing but raise those skills, pump int and some memory

that i will viably be able to beat the game?

you guys weren't kidding
what a fucking ride this fight was

also, it seems if you approach from the back no void enemies spawn

>want to quit out
>hit reload out of habit
>have to sit through the loading screen before I can quit

>Wanting to beat Tactician
This is the weaponised autism they were talking about.

>telekenesis
barrelmancy is viable

You can probably beat the game with some pretty stupid shit. Any amount of minmaxing lets you one shot shit.

no they get their own unique abilities, dome is the the non origin unique ability

>literally playing on easy mode

I love this fight, but I fucking hate that locking you into dialogue while you're still standing in fire and it starts ticking damage at hyperspeed bullshit.

Not even that, artchucker is one of the strongest builds in the game.

Tactician isn't exactly the hardest thing I've ever played.

whats the deal with all the bears in driftwood?

the 2 near the honey just tell me to fuck off and the ones in cloisterwood also do nothing

What did Larian mean by this?

tactician is easy as fuck dude
i'm actually having an easier time beating tactician solo than i am beating class with a friend

They're there to make you feel bad if you accept hannag's method of gaining source.

A world without asians is forever stuck as a medieval hellhole.

>Game has only Tactician and Explorer
>Wanting to beat a CRPG because muh difficulty

>make a powerful wizard duo capable of commanding powerful elemental forces
>end up being carried by throwing boxes at things

>stupid shit
See user thats the thing. That mage duo, that sounds like a reasonable team. A person would aproach the game, see the surface synergies, and think "this looks like a powerful combo, both can set up and execute their own meanintful synergies and should be able to lock down or do good damage"

The team i describe, is the kind of thing one would expect to be very very potent in a video game.

And its absolute shit.

Explorer is not a game

The game has the following difficulty modes

Casual (for girls and journalists)
Easy (for people who suck at video games)
Normal (for people who are good at video games)
Normal with out safety nets (for people who want a little challenge)

You misunderstand me. I'm saying you COULD beat the game if you used a gimped build. I'm not saying the mage duo is one of those builds. The mage duo is fine. I wonder if pyro/aero and geo/hydro might be better though so you aren't dependent on one character to get a combo off.

Can I find Eternal Plate anywhere on Nameless Isle?

So I posted in the last thread but I can confirm, my game is bugged or something. The two magisters and the kid on the pier near Kniles did not spawn. How much do I miss out on because they didn't spawn? Xp, items etc?

there's a difference between not minmaxing and shooting yourself in the foot to make walking challenging
also your mage duo could easily be viable as soon as you have enough memory slots and skills to not worry about cooldowns, the worst part would be getting through the early game

Two magisters worth of exp. Go play the game.

I don't know the details, but I saw some people talking about the game checking if you murdered not hostile people during the game near the end. I also read that most Magisters don't count, but what about Griff? I provoked him by not giving the orange back until he and his friends attacked, does that count as killing not hostile people since technically I was the one who started that shit and broke the agreement?
Also, seeing the blond girl of his gang helping me in that battle was great and all, but now when I speak to her she doesn't talk about wanting to see me outside the fort in another city anymore, did I lost that quest or there wouldn't have been nothing more with her in any case.

they appeared, but the event played itself out because you didn't interact with them
>How much do I miss out
it's fort joy, so almost nothing in the long run

Did you escape Fort Joy some other way? You can only escape in one manner and they all give equal amount of exp.

Neither of these are accurate actually. I reloaded on a save from before I ever went into that area and they still dont spawn. Which is why I was concerned it might break something else down the line.

But it looks like it doesn't so I guess its fine.

What are some essential options changes?

Ok
Im going to do this then. Im going to make that mage duo, and see how it goes.

See you when you quit again at level 7.

Going for a duo lone wolf mage run for my second playthrough.
An air focused crit mage with some hydro is one.
The other will either be pyro/geo, pyro/warfare staff or another aero/hydro mage.

Anyone played a duo mage setup and can tell me if pyro/geo and hydro/aero clash a lot? I imagine later on all the necrofire would make hydro/aero shit because rain doesn't remove it.

>Fane's skelly face isn't unique to Fane, any male human skellington can use it

>i just sign things without reading

Lifes gonna be hard user