Etrian Odyssey General

>Everything EO (References, Music, Art Books, etc.)
pastebin.com/cdfQmt11

>EOV
atlus.com/etrian5/
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/

>EMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

EOV releases October 17th for NA, November 3rd for EU.
EMD2 releases in Japan August 31

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14043329
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19060434
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

S T I C C

Stick assassination!

Wufan wants to play with the Medium like that.

If not further.

kochinchinwa
fang dess

Much appreciated, user.

Sayonara

What the fuck is "War Lore" anyway?

1. Good work!
In case anyone feels like redrawing that.

Who is the best EOV girl and why is it katana bunny?

You mean glasses potato, right?

Yeah, I agree. I really like the FemDragoons, Fencer is cute, but a bit too cute. Bandanashark is superior anyways.
Lolimancer is cool too.

Knowledge about how to War.

I'm playing the EOV demo as a new comer to the series and right now in my back row I have a Warlock, Botanist, and a Necromancer. During each trash encounter I usually just spam attack because I don't want to waste the limited TP I have. Are caster classes better left for bosses or am I just missing some passive TP regeneration that's making my casters seem useless until I run into something tough where I can actually use spells?

strawpoll.me/14043329
strawpoll.me/14043329
strawpoll.me/14043329

How old is she and would I need to bend her over a table?

Many encounters throughout the game will be difficult or require large amounts of TP investment. The bosses are still the hardest part, but you won't be able to get through the game by autoattacking. You'll be glad to have abilities to invest TP in for encounter clearing- warlocks especially are very good at this.
The tendency to make non-boss exploration somewhat interesting is why I really prefer EO to other rpgs.

Old enough to be your mother

Using up your TP and going back to sleep a tthe inn is an important part of the game.
TP management in EOV got a lot easier though.

First of all, every race has in their racial tree (press left on the skill tree to get to another page) a passive called something Grace - those give you a 30% chance to regain 20% + 1TP of the TP a skill used.

Additionally, everyone knows the Mana Heal Union skills which will restore some TP for the entire party. (3% max TP + 6)

Together those can extent your dungeon dive by quite a bit.

Being stingy with TP won't help you - all that will do is cause you to get hit more often which means your healer will need to heal more which means you are forced to go back with one character on low TP while the others have plenty to spare.

Now Necromance is a special case because their skills are really expensive.
Their best use is to summon three Wraiths (you can do that outside of battle and they stay around until you return to town) and only explode one of them for Poison Bomb 4 against enemies you can not kill fast enough otherwise.
Poison is pretty strong and sticks really well.

As an additional note:
Leave your active skills at 4 or 9 for a while until you can afford the cost increase at 5 and 10.

TP is there to use it this isn't DQ/FF

How do I avoid the magma golems in EO2U? They are way too fucking strong, heal 9k hp every time I use ice on them or drop a fucking nuke on my frontlines that can't be walled, and move at saniv speed so I can't navigate around them. Do I just have to return later in the game in this area?

Am I missing something or is money abnormally tight in the EOV demo?

It's about the same as always - unless you are used to just starting NG+ with a million in the bank.

They only get big and strong when one of the lizards breaths fire on them and that state doesn't last forever.
Wait for them to cool down (outside of battle) and kill them, when they are small.

Doing an LLG run of EO4, how do I defeat Warped Saviour? I just cannot do enough damage to kill the Pupa, and if he explodes I don't have enough burst to weather through WS's bullshit. My team of 5 dancers with perpetual stuns only gets so far.

Kind of afraid to face the fallen one, though that may be more manageable knowing how that battle works.

I saw a solo dancer run use Bushi sub for endure but I guess you can't shove that in everyone

It might feel tight because you're trying to kit out everyone in the best gear possible halfway through a stratum, instead of the gradual upgrade/unlock progression you do in the full game.

He can. five D/B is actually viable for killing WS without chems (at max levels.) Dunno if the strat would work in LLG but I figure the chemicals should be enough to make up the difference. Can the pupa's last skill not be blocked with burst skills? I think it's almighty but I've never had the issue before.

I'm happy she got gangraped

translation?

It can but he said he needs his burst for WS right away

How low? I know it's possible to kill warped savior at level 70 without gassing him.

The lowest I managed to be so far while clearing out all necessary encounters is level 47. My rules for the LLG are that I can only grind so far as I absolutely need to, I have to be at the lowest level possible that I can beat the boss - EO isn't really forgiving in any way that would allow me to beat the game with a level 10 party like in other RPGs.

My current attempt of WS is at 55 (where i still can't beat him). I'm gassing him for now. I'm guessing somewhere in the low 60s is the absolute minimum.

Yeah, Geo impact does it easy. But then the second form starts up and I simply just don't have the resources or he just kills me outright.

>My team of 5 dancers
You don't fight superbosses with bad meme teams, your run is ended there
>Kind of afraid to face the fallen one
It's even worse with his retarded darkness curse and high damage skill spam. At least you won't have to bother with statuses with all the dancers
>it's possible to kill warped savior at level 70 without gassing him
This needs some proof, especially if those 70 are not retired

nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19060434
No retirement, no stat books

>signup required and huge premium ads for a video site
Why is the non-english web so consistently terrible?

She's too hot

t. Fubuki Poni

Why does it take almost twnty skill points in different weapon trees just to unlock Chasers in EOU?
Are they really so incredible strong?

Is it a lewd doujin?

Is there any reason to use a staff over a bow on a botanist?

Yes.

Not before getting Smoke Bomb - or if there is a good skill on the staff.
The staff made from the second FOE's drop has a small fire attack on it if you forge it at least once - better than normal attacking, at least.

More MAT for Smoke Bomb

Why are there so many passive skills in EOV, are they just a noob trap?

It's a cute brounie asking if you're having fun today, user.

They range from noob traps to solid contenders for the best skill in the series (e.g. reflower).
That's EO games for you.

Maybe

>Petrify only last for like 2 turns
>you heal the effect after the battle is over

How could Nene's master plan have failed?

Also
>You can sleep to revive KO'd characters in the inn now
The casualization of the series is so retarded.

Other than reblossom what are the recommended skills for a dummy bunny? I'm looking at the stat page and every other skill looks like various flavours of "do a large number of random attacks".

That's litterally a non-problem.
You're going to revive them anyways, so just cut off some buttom prompts.

because japs

And take the punishment out of letting someone die, I'm against any kind of casualization.

You kinda have to make a choice between sanzu and reflower. Sanzu is busted but needs a party to be built around it even more than chain fencers do. Reflower does very well on its own without any setup or team composition required.
Reflower does well with layered blossoms, and i guess four gods is good consistent damage. Peerless demon is good and the first point of To The Death is good.
4swords doesn't really have much use for skill points after a certain point. They're not like omnimancers where you'll be lacking skill points at 99.

Does 50 extra gold and three less button presses makes the game far too easy for competitive gamers such as yourself?

Petrify has the same possibility to fall off as other ailments. It can make your entire party helpless for four or five turns if you are unlucky. All the while bats deal full damage to them.
And that's in the first stratum so it's way, way more dangerous than a second instant death hidden away in the post-game stratum.

And there is barely any functionially difference between reviving while sleeping and reviving at the clinic.
In fact, it now forces you to move the clock just to revive people and bring the respawn of FOEs closer.
Had trouble with a puzzle and pushed you way through? Well you hopefully don't die too often or you have to do it all again.

Not to mention that going back to town can now actually be punishing because of the Rover's pets and Necromancer's Wraiths.

Well, that is certainly an opinion. Thanks for sharing it, user.

Well, when you put it like that it makes kind of sense I guess, the game is fun anyway.

Get level 10 Oni Musou and To The Death to have large damage on large number of attacks

>implying losing to the cock was not the plan

I just want to hug Fang, pat her head, and hold her hand.

Me too.

Can you put a Rover or Shaman in the front line?

Also, Reapers are kind of shit in the demo, or are they shit the whole game?

>Can you put a Rover or Shaman in the front line?
Sure, but they have no business being there
>Also, Reapers are kind of shit in the demo, or are they shit the whole game?
They get a lot better

You don't really get anything from it, except I guess invoke gods memes for shaman.
That said, if your party really does want four backline slots, it's playable to stick a rover or, preferably, a shaman on the frontline.

>just reached the 2nd dungeon of EOIV
>explore the map a bit, find a toad cave
>walk around a bit, get ambushed
>party is wiped by a hideous ape dealing 80% max HP damage to a row, while inflicting poison, with two plants in the back entangling the party's feet so you can't even flee
S-scary!

You are supposed to reach the third floor of the main labyrinth before doing the frog pound

>Can you put character without any innate survivability on the frontline
Sure, but there's no reason to. You'd just hope that nothing decides to smash your face in.

>Reapers are kind of shit in the demo
They're probably the single worst class in the demo.
>Are they shit the whole game
They've got the strongest poison in the game, they've got some of the best debuffs in the game, and they've got two of the best crisis-type skills in the game. They're the kind of class where for 80% of the game you wonder why you bring them, 15% of the game you can vaguely justify bringing them, and 5% of the game they single handedly carry your sorry ass through what would otherwise be wipes.

Scylla has spoiled me, I forgot how slow regular grinding is. Especially without auto walk arrows

>Two Rovers
>one specializes in Hawk, other one in Hound
>splits whistle costs
>don't have to focus on both trees
>can still use bird or dog twice in one turn if you need aoe damage or heals
why doesnt anyone try this?

That's probably one of the hardest zones in the 2nd land, especially since the frogs are moving slightly unpredictable. They have a set path but that is too large to see on your map while drawing and it's not obvious where the turning points are.
That is one area I am really, really glad for the cave system but having entire floors with these things would be tedious.

Because after the second stratum you're forced to focus on a single animal, so you just have two awkward semi-supportive backline characters. I guess it's playable before then.

You can go for it but I don't see what there is to try.
Most people simply don't plan their first party with stacked classes - that's something for later when it's time to get the gimmicks ready to squeeze out even more fun.

One can do it just fine so you can have another class instead
Also legendary names

but you can pick both second names then, so you have a super bird and a super dog that doesnt have to share points with other animals

>Because after the second stratum you're forced to focus on a single animal
Damn, sad.

Why are they chewing marbles?

Hawk skills are really boring desu. Did you look at tree? Literally just:
>damage skill
>damage skill
>damage skill
>non-hawk damage skill
>non-hawk damage skill
>stat passive
>stat passive
>blind

I'm content with my super-intelligent doggo skills.

Well, not quite - each of the two Legendary Names is focussed on one animal.
The other one just will be left with the skills it had in the base class. With two Rovers you can still summon both pets (or even with just one Rover).
If someone is a bit hurt but not enough to actually need a healing skill, you can have your dog Rover use an early hawk command like Wing Trash while your hawk Rover uses Aerial Talons, for example. The hawk will react to both commands and the dog will use its auto-lick it does when not getting commanded.

I mean. Well, yeah.

They're called jawbreakers, dude

>killing the super elder boss with just a hawk and 4 whistlers
>boring

You must not have read correct because the hawk can fucking dive bomb people from space!

is everyone else playing the demo on expert mode? am I the only casual on basic mode?

I'm done with the demo, now just farming materials and money on casual mode.

Yes.

I'm playing on Advanced and liked the difficulty up until now.

But why kill it with 4 hawks when I can use 3 buster memes?

get out, bootleg ricky

Favorite Class and Class you like but never use?
>Hound
>Herbalist because lol dedicated healer

Pugilist
Pugilist
Why do all the fun buildaround parties involve heavy elemental damage?

With as few spoilers as possible, what makes 1Hawk4Rover strong? It just looks like a 400% damage attack being used by four people, that's pretty mediocre.

>Why do all the fun buildaround parties involve heavy elemental damage
Pardon? They're basically all physical damage in EOV. Buster Cannon, Sanzu, Blossoms, Chain Killer, Death's Edge, all physical.

sanzu needs a pugilist and no elemental damage

hawk has maxed str and hidden 5x-3x modifier