/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Conceptualization Edition
Previous jej:
The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMaden b
>Skywanderers

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named.The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>underageb& who won't use the search function and also won't read where are they posting

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames
fromthedepthsgame.com

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Serb rides in clanghalla eternal, shiny and chrome

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/DUEWA
deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline
youtube.com/watch?v=GNTtR6ZpUOo
youtube.com/watch?v=pG8RAbWs1yo
youtube.com/watch?v=lx_vWkv50uk
youtube.com/user/MrSolidSnake745/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=vtqpi2mhUaU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Can we finally stop being tsundere and admit that we want KSP back?

>back
implying implications. stay in trash, please.

Rate

Any thoughts on this shell? I am planning to use from underwater, not sure if I should go He instead.

How do I into early melee in crossout? I've been doing Booster + Hatchets and bumper but it just doesn't cut it, combined with shotguns it's kind of OK but I'm wondering it there's a better way for pure melee.

>>Skywanderers
soon

Dont use boosters. They are LITERALLY only good for the racing gamemode and nothing else.

Hatchets and bumpers are good protection, but they wont do much damage wise. Sell a bunch of resources on the market and buy either those lunatic sawblades, or the Scavengers auger. They do constant damage as long as they are in contact with an enemy vehicle. Sawblades are lighter with less armor, but do more damage. Augers are heavier with more armor and do less damage. Both are really good.

Buy 1or 5 and stick them on the front of your car and ram fuckers with them

Thanks. I'll look into the lunatic weapons but I'm not so sure about removing the booster, it helps me a bit with maneuvering around cannons.

time to make the cargo containers, functional cargo containers ofc

Also I say to buy them on the market because crafting things is usually a waste of time. By time you pay the workbench fee, and use up the rescources, than wait an entire fucking hour for your part to craft, you could have just sold those rescources, not have had to spend a workbench fee at all, sold all your rescouces, and then put up a lowball offer on the item you want on the market where almost every time some desperate player will pay your low offer. You end up getting items far cheaper than if you had wasted time crafting them.

ok I change my mind, time limits ain't as easy as i though
bruteforcing a problem with minimal changes to ship doesn't help though
I mean, still did it in 32 / 60 minutes, but 1 bonus was lost

>Twisting assembler lines
>Hard to expand
>Can't add beacons
>Outputs are facing different directions
>Couple things are bound to get input starved
>Not even that impressive for space saving
4/10 - you tried

He has multiple inputs for green chips so I don't know if they will be really starved.
It's not supposed to be expandable, it's supposed to be tilable and I think he managed that.
other than that yea, I agree with your points

so 5xor6/10 you tried and didn't fuck up as badly as it was possible

>Twisting assembler lines
>Outputs are facing different directions
What's wrong with that?
>Hard to expand
>Can't add beacons
What do you want, it's early game setup to get me into robots.
>Couple things are bound to get input starved
I admit i didn't think about belt throughtput well enough. Luckily it can be solved by strapping blue belt on input straved line.
>Not even that impressive for space saving
Space is infinite :^)

Game?

spermworks
the creator is really painful, but you get to do very chill timed missions in rain and high tide with your botes

there are 3 missions that are nearly imposible tbo

recover 2 bombs: depends on the island you get the missions on, i had to use a rock as a ramp to get the bombs in the bote

recover an anchor: this requires a winch ntohing else to say, maybe if u get super lucky one of the earlier mission will give u the winch

deploy 3 drones: u need the "hinge" magnet and a helicopter, u can try using the small magnet but its really wonky and can flip ur heli

>recover 2 bombs:
30 minutes fiddling about because there were no rocks, 2 minutes to get them to destination

archive.is/DUEWA
>Uber's former self-driving lead is creating an AI religion
deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline
>2016
>The Singularity Faith of the Machine God (SFMG), a quasi-religious pro-augmentation group, is formally recognized as a church. Augs originally formed the SFMG in 2011 in response to being shunned for going against religious scripts that declare it unholy to biologically 'desecrate' their bodies.[9]

Are you shitting me.

>AI religion
I can get behind this

>muh logic is undeniable

>He has multiple inputs for green chips so I don't know if they will be really starved.
I was more looking at the Yellow Science/Copper Cable setup. The 14 YS ass. will call for a total of 22.5 CC/per second, but using only half a red belt(moves items at 13.33/per second) means that I'm pretty sure the last one is gonna be struggling at the least.

>What's wrong with that?
It's ugly
>it's early game setup to get me into robots
Bootstrap setups should last till blue science at the latest, that's all you need for bots.
>Space is infinite :^)
Then why not leave yourself some space :^)

I'm more worried about being seen as useful to an intelligence that might see everyone working against its creation as a threat.

>finally research flamethrowers, tanks
>burn down a few forests accidentally
>genocide a TON of cities just by fucking driving over them
>more bullets and turrets than I will ever need to defend my base
>grand plans for expansion

I have never experienced such power hunger. The more I get the more I WANT. Is this normal?

Everyone creates the thing they dread.
Men of peace creates engines of war.
Normies create autists.
Engineers create... Little engineers?
Eggs, that.

Yes, purge the Xenos

Embrace the hunger

> The 14 YS ass. will call for a total of 22.5 CC/per second, but using only half a red belt(moves items at 13.33/per second) means that I'm pretty sure the last one is gonna be struggling at the least.
Look at how cable and YS assemblers are aligned. First 4 feed first 7, last 4 feed last 7. I would only need blue belt instead of red between 5 and 8 YS assembler (counting from right).
>It's ugly
What are you, an elf?
>Bootstrap setups should last till blue science at the latest, that's all you need for bots.
I want at least fully equipped with tier 2 modules power armor mk2, kovarex process running and stockpile of beacons+modules before going into lategame.

So my defences don't even let blue boyos reach the fence. Am I safe to assume that greens will not give me too much trouble? I have repair bots.

I've been thinking about AI a lot recently and I've come to the conclusion that they might not have any self-preservation at all. Every characteristic we consider part of a sapient being, curiosity, motivation, the will to live, etc. is a structural part of the human brain that's there because it was useful to survival. It's not enough to simply build a computer capable of sapience, it won't do anything no matter how much you prod it with information and tasks unless you build motivation into its brain. Whether they have any self-preservation depends on what logical conclusion they come to, they might defend themselves from harm so they can keep doing the tasks they have the built-in motivation to perform, or maybe logical conclusions aren't enough to get them off their ass and doing something so they'll just sit there autistically pounding away at spreadsheets while someone unplugs them.

There is ayy.
You must remove it.

That's a big bote.

4 u

I'm quite pleased with the result, now i have to make diferent color variations

>do a pvp game in Crossout
>20 drones chasing after me for the entire match

why do i even try

Apparently if you enable AAI Programmable Vehicles in fugtorio, it fucks up every other vehicle mod out there and their turrets/cannons/launchers will be missing, making them useless.

Anyone knows a fix?

that's barely an attack!
greens are about x10 tougher than blues, but it doesn't matter that you can stop singular blues now, wait till 40 of those fugs come

What's the mod for the stats on the top-left?

I like my botes small, yet effective and with lots of dakka if game supports it

This game's beautiful, shame they'll remove our access one day.
I know that it'll be installed, but without steam it won't get new updates after that

also what was the key for photo mode?

There are ways to make it work without steam's "approval"

evogui

Damn those bombs! I struggled for so damn long with almost-defaultbote, eventally managed get one in, only to have bote clang and backflip on getting the 2nd one inside.
Modified it, extended and added a sloped entry-only ramp to the back, got both in without much trouble... and had a random wave wash one of the fuckers out 200m from the delivery.

It's nice to have a game with some objectives, I am sick to hell of bare sandbox aka lack-of-a-game.

So they will take it away at some point? I saw that the alpha had the same ID and name as the full version, I was wondering if we get the full game for free eventually or if they take it away at some point.

yea, I know i spoilered about it, but getting updates is a chore in those cases
3 click is much

they may change their mind, but the mail with steam key is:
thank you so much for beta testing, this is key for alpha, we will deactivate it later after we somethingsomething

I'm just watching a guy playing duskers
I think it would be possible to make it in space engineers, especialy now that I have learned about possibility to disable blocks and unlock them if specific condition is met

youtube.com/watch?v=GNTtR6ZpUOo
Has anyone tried this with parts in a game?

youtube.com/watch?v=pG8RAbWs1yo
I know some guy has made darude standstorm video play in factorio and some other (or the same?) made factorio play through the fire and flames

Check this dude out.

youtube.com/watch?v=lx_vWkv50uk

His channels got tons of cool shit.

youtube.com/user/MrSolidSnake745/videos

>The human organism always worships. First, it was the gods, then it was fame (the observation and judgement of others), next it will be self-aware systems you have built to realize truly omnipresent observation and judgment.

Self-preservation is a universally beneficial trait, though. The only scenario where the desire to live isn't helpful for your survival is a carefully constructed trap.
And really, if you go around creating sentient beings just to stick them into situations where they are consistently killed by their own attempts to not die, you probably deserve the robot uprising.

Hey gents do any of you know how i would go about refueling trains of varying size?
i would rather not have to build a station just for that

Why use trains of different sizes going to the same station?

Multiple mines of varying size, and the fact i dont want shitty small mines tanking ages to fill a 4 wagon train.

Theres actually one very small iron mine i didnt want to dedicate an entire line for, so i setup a circuit condition for it, which tells the train to go there only if theres enough iron to fill the last wagon

I finished the drones without helicopter because I couldn't find the additional island.

I dragged the drones to water and connected them to my boat with connectors.

The trick is to use some object to push the drones. I used pallet.

Then don't have the trains only leave when filled. Either put it on a timer, or you can have wires connected to all the chests at the mine, then make the train leave when 'Ore < 20'. That's what I do. Plus the way you're doing it means the unloader chests will get uneven, the first train width being full and the last few being empty.

>double headed trains
no, stop, please, don't, stop
You can already see why double heads don't work
Your life is going to become even more miserable when time comes to expand your network
Trust me, start with a proper train network early

Seriously my dude what kind of fucking answer is that
Thats literally what i told you i dont want to do, and it doesnt helps with the refueling problem
>Then don't have the trains only leave when filled
Thats the standard practice
>then make the train leave when 'Ore < 20'. That's what I do
I guess you're either retarded or didnt play this game at all in the past year, in which case why the fuck are you trying to help, theres literally a fucking "Inventory full" condition.
>Plus the way you're doing it means the unloader chests will get uneven, the first train width being full and the last few being empty.
This is not an issue if you use splitters properly

I'm going use mostly 2 one-way rails with two-ways only when reaching remote destinations, but i'll admit that would actually solve my problem, although i would have to rebuild my station a bit.

engineers create CLANG

>Thats the standard practice
Then whats the issue with having 4 wagon trains?
>theres literally a fucking "Inventory full" condition.
You're saying conflicting things here. Basic use should be 'Inventory Full OR 60 seconds passed'
>This is not an issue if you use splitters properly
As soon as it starts to get backed up, it will be.

>Then whats the issue with having 4 wagon trains?
Even if you didnt read the commend chain at all, which seems very likely, common sense says that any normal persong would find it problematic to dedicate a 4 wagon train to a 10 drill mine that takes 2 hours to fill because you cant build any smaller or it doesnt gets refueled
>Basic use should be 'Inventory Full OR 60 seconds passed'
What
What the fuck
Are you serious? How does this makes any sense?
I am baffled by this, why would i want a train to leave not full at all?

>enable productivity modules in everything
>Kovarex process now regularly duplicates the catalysts for free, giving a net of +40 u-235

>why would i want a train to leave not full at all?
It's not about being used as much as possible, it's about a steady stream of ore incoming. Your other options is to wait two hours or have some weird Frankenstein train station that probably won't work right on the first try.

Fixing that was one of the first updates put out after the .15 experimental hit

6,000,000? You're like a little baby. Watch this.

nice!

help!

>not just using nukes

>Thats the standard practice
>I have a specific problem and it's partially caused by me not using standard practice of using brain and not going 2-headed trains.
>I refuse to apply easy solution to problem because it's "not standard practice"
also
>relying on untill empty/full condition without specific circuit condition to make it all work smooth

>I guess you're either retarded or didnt play this game at all in the past year
yea, let's lash out and start throwing names to a guy that's both trying to help you and actually seems to known more than you

>handcrafting
this makes me angry

Haven't gotten them yet and I don't need to. But I'll gladly use them!

I'm on the road, man. I have no time. Gotta wall my new kingdom off before they settle again.

only time when motion blur is acceptable

I'm sick of Factorio, what do I play?

Modded Factorio

1. Don't have 2-headed trains.
2. Don't have different-sized trains.

I consistently use Engine-Wagon-Wagon for everything. If I want more throughput, I use more trains and more stations.

There's no way to distinguish an engine from a wagon with the circuit network. If you insist upon your current setup, you'll have to put coal inserters everywhere you /might/ have an engine, then type-lock all of the cargo slots so that you don't end up feeding coal into the wagons.

Just start building laser turrets.
Make a blueprint with six laser turrets around one large power pole.
Use this to create a laser fence far away from your base and pollution.

Stormworks™ - Build and Rescue

Fallout 1 is 100% off for a few more hours, regain the taste for the prerendered sprites, get mods, keep playing factorio

> Basic use should be 'Inventory Full OR 60 seconds passed'
... OR 5 seconds inactivity.

But when you get to the point of having half a dozen active mines, each with its own train(s), you can just use "inventory full" at mines and "inventory empty" at offloads. Trains will sit at depleted mines for half an hour, but you'll still be getting a regular stream of ore from the more active mines.

One thing to watch out for when relying upon "inventory full" is contamination (accidentally getting an odd item of the wrong type loaded). 39 full slots of ore and one slot with a few pieces of something else, and the train will just sit there forever.

Once your base starts getting huge, it's worth using the circuit network with the programmable speaker to send alerts if any part of your factory grinds to a halt.

>make a boat
>test it
>start a mission
>try to load my boat
>too large

This post is dedicated to the wasted potential of Fallout 4
youtube.com/watch?v=vtqpi2mhUaU

>blackhole
nani? Did they actually add that? Pretty sweet if they did.

it's a modded planet

I don't know why I'm doing this for you, you ungratefully little shit.

First you're gonna pick a side where the shit comes out, you're gonna make sure that wherever there might be a train or wagon, that you're not start pulling out coal.

Then you're gonna take the other side, run a coal line through it, put an inserter wherever there might be a train, and hook it to the circuit network wherever there might be a wagon.

Then you're gonna hook the station up to the network and have only that little box that says 'Read Stopped Train'. This will make every train put out a unique number. You're gonna send all your trains though a station, then write down what number they spit out and how many wagons they got. Then you get a decider combination to say 'If this train number pops up, output {virtual signal}'. And have each inserter say 'Active only if {virtual signal} = 1'

>... OR 5 seconds inactivity.
A miner will output more than once every 5 seconds, so having that is no different than having 'inventory full'

>wasted potential
I'm not sure about that, friend. Fallout 4 by Bethesda Softworks met all of its goals and more, delivering an unrivaled open world and almost unlimited pipe weapon customization. And now, with the opening of the Bethesda Softworks Bethesda Creation Club, the skies are practically the limit when it comes to how you can play your Sole Survivor on his search for his wife's son.

you forgot about buying skyrim on 15 platforms, including TI-calculator
not gtfo to I get enough of this fucker in /arena/

It's almost like I'm actually on /fog/ reading a post by a real bethshill.

what's the max speed you've gotten in stormworks so far?
I have troubles breaching 20, but that's because my shitboat has run out of places to put propellers and I don't want to go back to early days of space engineers and hax them one behind another (or inside)

also how many props can 1 engine keep powered? there is power stat on engine, but no power consumption on the propeller

Holy shit I actually did it. Need to get some sleep.

4.5 hours, that's how long it takes to get from a dream to reality.

sleep user, sleep well
once you wake up you need to triple-weaponize that perimeter

Already done my man. Just need to automate the ammo production like I did in the south.

no no, you misunderstood
I see the little predefences
i want you to quadruple current dakka in all sectors

He's right you know

tfw actual logistics

webm of container mover coming

>Then you're gonna hook the station up to the network and have only that little box that says 'Read Stopped Train'
I thought of using this about an hour ago without your half-assed help but i realized what said, double headed trains will only cause me pain.

And how can i be ungrateful if i effectively got nothing?
Learn to read things properly instead of instantaneously spouting wrong shit and missing the point you retard