/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood General

Previous Thread: >Current Events
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2017/youkai-watch/

>Updated! PVP mode, Beast Tribes, Manderville, and more in 4.1 teasers.
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/patch/4_1

>Patch 4.06a Notes & Logs
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/2b058731112d9859b50789e65fcc86e77977f3e5
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/patchnote_log/

>Job Guide
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells:
pastebin.com/raw/U3QZjetW

Post some action shots

Guys, what's the closest things I can find in real life to these cities in FXIV? These cities make me want to explore the world but I know real life is shitty.

server of this meowboy and how do i eb him?

Is pad not a valid way to play?

I ran into some random person struggling against a miniboss and just stood there while they died because I couldn't find a way of targeting them for a heal.

Also had to keep my tank alive using my aoe heal for a while in my first dungeon because I untargeted them once and couldn't retarget them.

Odin
Also you dont cause I am taken

who is next

the screenshot everyone takes

wtb eb

>Limsa = spain, greece, other mediteranian areas.

>Ul'dah = old middle eastern trade cities, your best bet would be Iran or Saudi arabia since the cities in the other arab countries have been blown to shit.

>Gridania = The Hobbiton set in New zealand, it's a tourist resort now.

all cutting edge content has been cleared by controller users, imo its a bit more clunky to use over kb+m, but thats just because i use kb+m way more than i've ever used controllers. you should probably practice a bit with your bindings and a target in party and out of party to find something natural

Uhh

Should I get mnk or nin to 70? Is either of them fun?

This looks like a photo of a monitor
TCJ is ass but NIN is fun, I find MNK too braindead and repetitive

0/10 apply yourself

Nice gun, what's the caliber behind that?

Good duo

10/10, good work

thanky

>tfw he'll never be mine

Ishgard?

Haven't been, I'm pretty new to the game.

I wonder how punished I will get for playing NIN with lag now, it used to be bearable when the servers were on the east coast but now with the EU ping it is getting quite ridiculous

Same tbqh, just looking at screenshots.

Mont Saint-Michel. And i guess pretty much any japan city with historic parts for Kugane.

How bad is TCJ for NIN? I hear people dropped NIN because of it.

Its okay he's mine

it's bad with high latency

It's fun

>tfw computer is dead

w-who?

How does one obtain the giant sword on the wall?

i have more gripes about the ninki gauge cap being at 100 instead of like 120 as opposed to tcj desu. its sort of awkward to learn but you get used to it. like anything nin related high ping really cramps it.

PSU fail?

Looks like old Europe to me.

So Britain, France, Germany etc.

York in northern England is a pretty great old castle town.

Does this count?

It's either that or RAM I think

Give me a list of catboys and their twisted sexual preferences NOW!!

this is a very good meowboy specimen

please somebody post more like it

Catboys are not meant to be gay.

Catboys deserve good things

You'll lose many GCDs to mudra clipping

You should play the game and do your best and worry less about your DPS!

My DPS is important. I can't enjoy myself unless I'm attempting to improve it.

Looking to get back into FFXIV , left about a year ago. How easy would it be to get back in? Looking to play a Dark knight but any class that is fun would work

I'm finding the leveling in this game really slow, is it worth buying a lvl 60 boost for some job so I get a permanent 100% xp boost for the one I actually intend to level as?

Looking for crash course in taking screenshots.

Do your MSQ.

What latency are you working with?

Since you've left they've added extremely punishing mechanics for players that left a year ago such as hahahahaha fuckin wat no man it's the same old shit catch up in a week np.

yeah i tried hitting the dummy a bit and it is pretty noticeable even in a controlled setting, not to mention it's not prime raid time so i doubt my ping would get any better. This really sucks seems I can add one more reason to move to cerberus to the list

Doma Castle, Castrum Abania, Ala Mhigo were all Imperial themed dungeons. Is this too much? Is this boring?

Then why are 90% of them cockgarbling turbofags?

ahh , you might have to excuse my ignorance , but how are dark knights for doing solo content ?

Only abania was really imperial themed i'd say.

around 75-80ms w/ mudfish

tanks are the best at doing solo shit. pld is arguably better since their self heal is very potent for open world stuff, but drk is fine.

for solo queueing df/rf, i'd rather go healer though. a decent healer can make up for a shitty tank. a decent tank is much more at the mercy of a shitty healer.

noice , thanks for the info , I appreciate it

moon

for solo content, pld > war >>> drk

pld has reliable on demand self healing, warrior has a great deal of damage and a goodly amount of mitigation and healing, drk...doesn't really come together until 68

moon

You can do better.

This is good

Not sure what is going on in this

It's not bad, you're doing a good job

That looks like a sun...

Are there any wooden swords for SAM? I want to make a bancho glam

sun

ahh, how about Monk ?

honestly don't worry about solo content, literally everything msq related is tuned so that a whm can spam stone without healing and still clear it. Just make sure you're semi geared (which is a joke with the free loot dungeons give you now)

sun over moon always, azeyma wills it

Every job in the game can complete the main story quest by itself

>when you realize you're hoarding too much gear for future rp plans and the armory page for all equipment pieces is almost full
Is the armory chest unlimited, like it has multiple pages or something, or will I regret it?

its limited
use retainers

What is the "wife's son" of jobs?

35 slots max, but you have retainers to store it

Join me in everlasting regret, young one.
And this was before SB.

SMN

ninja, your job is to serve the bull tank with shadewalker so he can shit out more dps and get into the healer's pants with that orange percentile parse

If fans don't spin and if there's no green led on the mobo then it's most likely the PSU.

ok , well the reason I ask is cause a friend of mine is buying me a insta boost so I would like to pick a fun class , I like DRK cause I am a edgelord ( I really like two handed swords in honesty) and Warrior looks like a lot of fun , and Ive always liked brawler -like characters ,so monk seems fun. Guess I will just have to nut up and choose something

In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

Does lethe erp?

>tfw no NIN

PIPE-SMOKING EMOTE WHEN

5.1 with the next squadron update after 4.1

RDM.

You get the clear and then are kicked to the curb for stronger DPS to take over.

Both DRK and WAR are tanks with slightly different playstyles, MNK is the punchy dps that reauires you to be at a different spot on the boss for different attacks. It's hard to say if you'll like the job, it all depends on how you like to play. Aesthetically I like PLD but find WAR the most fun tank to play. You'll fall into your groove and get the hang of it.

Do you even know what an action shot is?

You can get it now if you really wanted to with CE

I had a dream that the Odin FATE, instead of just being a boss that spawned, possessed a random player in the shroud and charged them with roaming around hunting down targets while the rest of the playerbase tried to stop them.

I wish.
They didn't even raise his cap to 70 yet.
There is no Urth's Fount Extreme either.

with petty banditry like all of your kind? i think not.

life is hard...
>nice things
that sounds like a way better pvp mode than ff14: shit moba edition

Thanks! I appreciate it

Would be cool. They could still make a new fate kind of like this, but that kind of thing is easily exploited.

>become odin or whatever they make
>smash that motherfucking ls with "come get killed a lot"
>or "guys I won't attack you all, come get the kill"

Reminds me of a similar event in L2 where you get possessed by a weapon, except you have full control and get boosted stats/HP, you can kill players till you die, without penalties. Who gets last hit on you becomes the new weapon carrier.

Yeah, zariche and dunno how the duals were named. Though l2 was open world pvp so it easily fit into the game.

bloodspiller is so fucking edgy it has a casting animation before the flip

>tfw to dumb too find where the x on a treasure map is pointing to