/fg/ - Falcom General #106

Previous thread: Father and Daughter edition.

>Trails of Cold Steel PC out now:

store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the
humblebundle.com/store/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- Ys VIII released, but PC release date delayed due to issues with the port: steamcommunity.com/app/579180/discussions/0/1484356232247880393/

- Sen III trailer has been subbed: [YouTube] Sen no Kiseki III Demo Movie (Subbed) (embed)

- The trailer for Sen III is out: [YouTube] PS4「英雄伝説 閃の軌跡Ⅲ」デモムービー (embed)

- Trails of Cold Steel III's on track for Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive. News/article translations: gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii

- Short CS3 TV ad: [YouTube] Sen no Kiseki III Web Commercial (Subbed) (embed)

- Ys Seven is out on PC: store.steampowered.com/app/587100/Ys_SEVEN/
gog.com/game/ys_seven

- Zwei II coming to PC via XSEED (Summer), preview stream: [YouTube] XSEED XSTREAM: E3 Edition! Zwei: Ilvard Insurrection (embed)

- Tokyo Xanadu out on Vita, improved EX+ version on PS4/PC scheduled for late 2017

- Cold Steel 2 confirmed for PC, release date pending
twitter.com/xseedgames/status/850395724223098880 (embed)

>Older news

- Check out these Trails FC & SC updates, re: translation improvements (xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization)

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt (embed)

Extra Stuff (Guides, links, CS undub): pastebin.com/n2G4xL5s (embed)

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/914108890169540608
youtube.com/watch?v=8w1N2a5k9oY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What did Osborne mention about Millium at the end there?

Calvard when?

>Eidolon Gear isn't with her
W H Y
H
Y

NEVER

You'll pay for shooting the Emperor you damn Calvardian

>Osbro about to take his heart back
Jfc

Never because they are what is wrong with the world.

Never. We're going to straight to Arteria and going to start back salting some assholes.

They need to save Erebonia

Fuck Calvard!

Oh is that what the end is about? Rean confirmed for dead.

Do they have water and wind septerriones and will fuck the entire continent v2.0?

Leta going "isnt this (stuff that can cause things to blow up / a scandal)?"

FUCK CALVARD! Guys, we going to war against them now for killing our beloved Emperor who didn't do anything for 2 games and then gets heavily injured in the third game!

I actually forgot to include one more screenshot in there but oh well

Basically that he didn't expect nor really want Millium to die there but whatever it worked well enough.

They also blew up Olivert and Victor and attacked the country with darkness monsters.

Or at least that's what Osborne's selling the people and they're too curse angry to care.

So how mindbroken is she right now?

Calvard a shit anyway.

>Leta now going to play nightmare

Madman.

Atleast not as much as Rean

>leta jumping straight from very easy to nightmare in new game+
wtf man, you almost got killed by rufus in very easy

Well they did basically lie and claim it was the last game when it wasn't.

NG+ though which means leta now has all the MQ and quartz available to him.

Unless he's being stupid. And considering his performance, it might take awhile. Then again, he's already finished the game so he could care less anyway.

She's going to cry for the first time like Millium did.

O/U on number of Game Overs in Prologue: 17.5

#FuCalvard.

Anons were actually wrong about the quote on seeing all events, so i wouldn't be surprised if this was too.

Or maybe he redirected the question with "acts".

Fuck all these half voiced scenes. Why is falcom so cheap?

So what did we learn about the Stahlritter?

So they have Zeit return for her S craft in CS4 obviously.

>Schera is so used to Olivier she already knows his death was some fakeout bullshit so she comes to Erebonia personally to whip his ass for making her worry

Please Falcom.

We found out about Duvalie's past, and there's a bunch of scenes we have no translation for yet.

Proofs?

Because they're a tiny company? The fact that they made a game like this is kind of insane.

By the way, why didn't Schera actually go to Erebonia anyway? She was mentioned by both Agate and Olivert before the Courageous blew up.

>Leta reveals he was holding back the entire time

>As he was musing his thoughts, his wife appeared in his mind.(edited)
>During the civil war, she was a mother of a marquis who was killed while supporting him and was like a younger sister who was older, but after being moved by the feats of Dreichels in the war she began to admire him.
>She had died a few years ago, but she raised his son and daughters well, so that they can bear the future of the revitalized empire.
Wait what the fuck. So his wife was an old woman? But he may have had children with other people? Is that what this thing is saying?

We had more than enough space for Sen 3 on the ps4 and still split it into 2 games.

Falcom's been around since the 80s right? Why the fuck did thet never try and expand the company?

This is years after the war. She was probably slightly older than him, and died of old age.

>Duvalie's past
Elaborate.

The only thing i know about is that her own village was destroyed, much like Hamel. Anything else is lost on me.

>the curse also made zemurians fell in love with their adoptive sisters
This explains a lot desu.

>literally forbidden love

Nippon, it's literally only recently that some companies in Japan are trying to expand their markets, remember we didn't get worldwide releases until a few years ago too, ie. pokemon and final fantasy

Probably had a kid when she was like 13 or 14. Married Dreichels when she was like Sara's current age. But yeah she was a few years older than him at least.

mobile.twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/914108890169540608 its happening

>Here's our new snapchat guys!

>Nah here's our facebook!

He at least did care enough for Millium, but not enough to mourn for her death. Meanwhile, his son went on a rampage after her death.

I'm not familiar with disc spaces but how much free space would they still have with Sen 3 after that 30 gb?

Depends what most the 30gb is for. If it's assets then perhaps they would have done a better job.

That they're a fucking joke that should be disbanded.

That was partially planned. The reason he kept making Altina follow Rean around was so they'd get attached to her so in case Rean showed up to stop Cedric from killing the beast, Altina would intentionally become the sword for him and he'd kill it instead on a rampage.

It didn't quite go exactly according to plan because Millium unexpectedly saved Altina and became the sword instead but he still managed to get the end goal done.

Have the stars finally aligned!?

Here is shitty ending credits stream so you can loop the song.
youtube.com/watch?v=8w1N2a5k9oY

>Sorry, you're not authorized to view these Tweets.
what?

>we have a book of prophecies but we won't try to stop them
>if we did it'd probably just make it worse
>a curse distorts people's hearts and they do bad things
>no one can save them so we'll end the world instead
You know maybe this country is going to shit because it's full of fatalists. But hey at least they have Rean and co to open a new path. Oh wait.

Wonder if Osborne would have been fine with Cedric dying too.

Try refreshing the page. Sometimes the derefferer screws pages.
this.
They are kids that Lianne saved so she keep them around.

He wouldn't give a shit. No one cares about Cedric.

Suffering powerrankings
Rean>>Altina>>>Jusis>Alisa>the rest

Unless Rean turned his rage on him and mulched him beneath Valimar's feet that wouldn't have happened. If Rean and co never showed up, Cedric would have just murdered the beast while it was sleeping. They only woke it up because Rean and Class 7 tried to interfere.

Osborne still needs Cedric because the Emperor unexpectedly let himself get shot by Ash and he had to blow Olivert up so he needs Cedric as an emperor.

Ironically we're starting to see small chinks in Osborne's master planning. Not enough to stop it just yet, but people are starting to react unexpectedly for him.

>unexpectedly
What?

Happy anniversary

Considering the number of Sky rereleases, why hasn't Falcom just combined FC and SC into one game?
It's the 31st in Japan now, you're too late.

Joshua and Kevin will show Rean the light.
Also, it took him 3 games but he finally became a good character. I didn't really like him in the first two games.

I did. wouldn't change anything.

But emperor died so osborne could declare war with calvard and there's that black records entry too about old blood shed so it's 100% expected.

The game was also supposed to be conjoined, but ran into development time constraints, so they settled for FC if i remember right.

>why hasn't Falcom just combined FC and SC into one game?
You may as well ask why Falcomm hasn't made Ys 1 and 2 into one big game yet. They just see them as separate games now.

>Entire motive was against the weakness of humanity which allowed Hamel to happen
>"lol, it wasn't humanity's fault, it was just a curse"

Did Campanella and Weismman intentionally ruse him?

I can understand development issues, but they've had more than enough opportunities to combine them now. It just strikes me as odd.
I think the PC version of Chronicles actually has an option to merge them and play both as one.

Technically, this curse only seems to affect the weak of mind. The people involved in the mess weren't even that high in seating apparently, and they felt "as if possessed" in interrogation.

People are starting to think he's going too far. Literally even that insane bitch Shirley is starting think shit's not worth it.

I'd rather have Jusis watch ALL-OF-ME Rean tagteam Miliums corpse with Crow than have Alisa be the canon love-interest. God I hate her so fucking much

Even in the end only the generic townspeople were the ones effected while most of the regular NPCs Rean's friends with didn't know what was going on.

I think it was more like, there's no excitement to be had with these methods.

Nah, I mean he clearly intended for Ash to shoot the emperor. That was the whole point of the curse. Isn't the emperor's blood required for the prophecy?

But wasn't Shirley's comment for Cedric? Once he gets in the robot and acts like a crackhead who got his dose she remarks how that's great and all but it feels off. So yeah she thought it's in bad taste but that's it. Besides she's still a crazy mercenary so it's not like she'd always be loyal to Osborne anyway.

>tfw no Randy and Tio hug
So close.

It was killing Olivert (via a sneak bomb attack at that) that disgusted everyone, because for a chessmaster that worked though manipulating things and Olivert being his rival opponent it was a really dick move to outright commit regicide and sneak kill him like that.

>josette joins jingo and ashley in dealing with the monsters so main cast can move on
>dumb bimbo can't even get in erebonia

>only a high five
what a waste

Tio's really shipping him with Mireille. Too bad Randy's still being tsundere about it.

So how do you guys think the game structure will be for Sen IV? It feels like the last part of FFVI somewhat. And will everyone get another design like was the case with Sen II?
Will Fie be completely naked?

I dont care, but please not harem shit

Will Fie be completely naked?

Maybe. But I like her CS3 outfit.

Use the Pantagruel as their mobile headquarters since the trains are out, stop a few new crises, stop the war, perform necessary surgery to stop Osborne.

>start hitting on Sharon
>Tio immediately goes to reporting to Mireille
Randy pls

One day, they'll get together.

Man I know everyone's super divisive on SenIII's ending but can we just agree that Falcom has balls of steel to make 60$ full JRPG and end it on a fucking brutal cliffhanger and be like - see you in game no.9!
Is there any company that has done that before?

Fly around the empire and Calvard trying to bust up the war Gundam seed style and stop these idiots from killing themselves while working on how to expose Osborne to the world.

Rean is like.
>Hitting on a girl in Erebonia when you aren't me. >I know that you think you escaped the harem man of Crossbell but now you're in my territory.

Falcom when they released FC.

Also Super Robot Wars Original Generations I guess.