totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires

Total War Saga
totalwar.com/blog/a-total-war-saga-announce-blog

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1553-Total-War-Warhammer-II-Modifications

Workshop for Warhammer 2 hasn't been enabled yet but will be. Manually installing mods still works.

Old thread boards.Veeky Forums.org/vg/thread/190926709#bottom

Screenshot sharing and campaign posting encouraged!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9oze5evzHP8
youtube.com/watch?v=2Beda3kFNjo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ROLL YA GROT

why is skaven autoresolve so fucked
i hate having to fight these pointless stomps

SAURUS HOLA!

youtube.com/watch?v=9oze5evzHP8

Neat

First for S W O R D M A S T E R S

THEY HAVE WRONGED US

Last thread: Because I forgot to put it in the OP =/

qt passing through

REPARATIONS, NOW

Well it looks like perfidious ulthuan will be completing their ritual. I should have sent malekith and the black ark to lothern instead of hexoatl

How do I use Stegadons? They have long range light artillery, short range skink javelins and then super melee. Where do I put them in my line?

Also, ancient stegadons, do they lose the long range artillery, if so, what do they gain?

Fuck Naggarond, I'm unofficially moving my capital to Har Ganeth. This shit is bananas.

LE SKINKO XDDD

>Kroxigars do actual death rolls before eating them
Hardcore

I've actually never heard the HOLA SKEENKS thing ingame. That's probably due to me playing mainly skaven/elves though.

Who knew skinks could completely destroy chosen and chaos warriors? They basically took care of entire first army while I was gang raping the reinforcements.

I'm really starting to love that skirmish style of battle, it's much less monotone than the usual hammer & anvil lines

I was pretty annoyed that Temple Guard apparantly don't count as 'Saurus' for Kroq's upkeep buff. Neither do Horned Ones count as Cold Ones which is sort of understandable I guess but still odd.

Basically puts me off using better units since 30g upkeep for a high rank Saurus unit vs 100+ gold for Temple Guard isn't an easy trade off to make.

Revivication crystal or Solar Engine?

Any History bros in here? Watcha playin?

=)

Post fun armies

>It aint me starts playing

yes

tww2

Sold

Teclis is an absolute fucking monster. I've never had this much fun with a Lord before.

>only have 10 basic Spears and 6 basic archers
>attacked by 3 full stacks of chaos warriors during my ritual
>funnel them into a V shaped cliff I deployed in
>drop net
>drop chain lightning
>drop Phoenix fire
>pop an item I got that reset ability cooldowns
>drop Phoenix fire again
>kill over 300 WoC in seconds
>instant mass route
It was beautiful

What language are the Lizardmen speaking? Portuguese?

Reposting in case user didn't see it.
On the first turn, get as many treaties(NAP/trade) with Bretonnian factions and The Empire as possible, select recruitment slot commandment, move towards Marienburg with Louen, recruit 4 archers, and move your Damsel there too. Deploy damsel and build the first tier of the clay kiln building, recruit a lord, move them towards Marienburg as much as you can, then end the turn. On the second turn, put your damsel into Louen army and attack Marienburg. Put your entire army in the forest to the left, with trebuchets on the tree line on the left, with Louen and your damsel out front to soak up shots from the Mortar and towers, destroy the far left tower. If the mortar keeps shooting at your trebs, move them into the trees after killing the tower. Once the mortar is out of ammo, use your trebs to destroy the piece of wall directly left of the tower you destroyed. Now, using your 6 archers and your trebs, kill as many units as you can, be very mindful of your ammunition, they will ignore you except for their crossbowmen, use 2 archers at a time and always focus fire the crossbowmen, you can use louen(run him up to the hole in the wall, make sure hes off to the side a bit so he doesn't get shot) and pegasus knights to both run people down and spot for your ranged. If you run out of ammo, make sure to use harmonic convergence on your infantry that you send at the enemy, eventually they will get the army loss penalty to leadership and everyone will rout. Try to take less than 100 casualties(my record is 7). On your second lord you moved to the border with Marienburg, recruit 6 units, could be 6 archers, 2 men at arms/2 spears/2 archers or whatever, Money might be an issue but the second you take out Marienburg and the Greenskins your early game will be very smooth sailing. On the 3rd turn, move your 2nd army into range of the Greenskin settlement to reinforce Louen for your attack on the Greenskins.
1/2

i don't even own wh2, i just find skinks to be hilarious
i'd place them second place on meme value, skellies are first

>SOME DORFS ARE BORN

Is this the new Franzer Brigade?

For this battle you want to have 3 lines for your units, peasants, then regular inf, then archers and trebs your reinforcement army should be run up to you as quickly as possible and join the formation, your cavalry are very important, use them to cycle charge enemy infantry when theyre engaged with yours(if their ranged have already been run down by your cav, or shot by your archers, or both) and contain enemy cav, use your pegasus knights to keep the doom diver from doing too much damage to you, be careful to check them every 15 seconds so you don't get them bogged down in melee. after that disband your peasants, put the 6 units into Louens army to make a full stack, disband your second army, and head to Gorssel to finish off Marienburg, after that process(which I've probably done around 10 times now) the world is mostly your oyster aside from the occasional beastmen stack, if possible, use the research speed commandment to speed up your confederation techs, go for Alberic de Bordeleuax first, get his bounty of the sea skill to max level, and put him in Marienburg(at max level port, the base port income is 2000, so with Alberic's 150%, you get 5000 gold from that one building)
T. Bretonnia pro, yes this works on legendary

>MADE TO AVENGE THE GRUDGE

MADE TO SETTLE GRUDGES

What's the best way to use Lothern Sea Guard? I put then on the flanks of my archers and use them in melee if a spot in my infantry line is breaking quickly.

Also, whats the difference between Archers and Light Armor Archers? Why does light armor archers cost so much more?

OOH, THEY'RE GOLD, GOLD AND GOLD

>youtube.com/watch?v=2Beda3kFNjo

You better not rebel on me boy!

Get fucked rat man

So this... Is the power.... of chokepoints and dinosaurs....

Wow...

Why the fuck is the upkeep on everything so much higher than the 1st game

>he hasn't played mazdamundi yet

It's made to tide me over until Lokhir Fellheart

tww2

not him but I have a question. on my Bret campaign I ignored marienburg and the badlands the whole game because in my empire run that area was constantly getting attacked by norscans and I didn't want to constantly have to run up and down to defend it
is that a viable reason not to take it or do the benefits outweigh the negatives

Because smaller player stack sizes are objectively more fun

I haven't tried the healing crystal yet but the solar engine is kind of poopy. It doesn't do enough and it range is way too short to justify using the unit as artillery instead of just a regular monster since it also has pretty good melee stats

>OP of the last thread
>mfw I started playing the game right after making the thread
>mfw missed 850 posts
shieeeet

I'm 55ish turns into Lizardmen, should I play High Elves or Dark Elves next?

tww2

I've been playing multiplayer a bit and I feel like Skaven are literal trash tier, their arty is great but it doesn't fucking matter when even your most elite units may as well be Bretonnian peasants compared to the most basic Dark Elf infantry

le painto skinko

just can't take it anymore
turn 160 and the helves have already won the vortex whereas I still haven't done a single ritual as skrolk on legendary difficulty
how do I get this campaign to work fellow rato players

>Selling like hotcakes
>Great Critical Reception
>Great User reception
Why are history fags saying it's a failure?

rolling for when i finish krok gar. gimme some Delve trannies

Malekith.

you're gonna get your ass back on that dinosaur and you're gonna like it, son

literally no one is saying it's a failure you fucking shitposter
"le historyfags" is a boogeyman that you fucking faggots use to shit up the thread and the community in general

If you can hold on to Gorssel long enough to get it to level 3 with the level 2 garrison building I find Norscan AI are actually pretty hesitant to attack it, forcing them closer to your main regions making it easier to respond to them, Marienburg alone is worth it for the port I mentioned. It's easier as Brettonia geographically speaking because you don't have to worry about shit from all sides like you have to do as The Empire. As The Empire taking just Marienburg and leaving Gorssel might be worth it, but ignoring Marienburg means they might send a stack to attack Marienburg, but with walls built you should be able to hold them off. It's been forever since I've played The Empire though, definitely my first playthrough when mortal empires comes out, or when faction unlockers get put on the workshop in the next few days.

Yea that's what I was thinking, he seemed cool from what I've seen posted about him.

Skinks #1

Have you tried getting trash meatshields to throw at them and then just invest all your money in arty that fires in the middle of the fight?

Also warpthrowers.

Forgot to mention, you could always just go raze Gorssel and not have to worry about it at all, unless Nordland or more likely Middenland take it but you should try to have good relations with them anyway.

ANYTHING THAT RUNS IS A SKINK!

Dumb slannposter

why do dorfs always live in the mountains?

>when the reddit rats are screwed up at launch

Yes, that is actually the only strategy that seems to win

The issue is that the meatshields don't last very long, I've tried a wall of blue chevron clanrats and that seems to be the best bet
Also warpthrowers are pretty shit compared to deathglobes imo so you may as well take those

got it. thanks. if i raze it i won't be able to set commandments, right?

Is it possible to make a historical TW with good unit variety?

I don't understand how they fucked them up this hard
Almost every victory is a "close victory", autoresolve is beyond broken and their starting locations are some of the worst of in the game

no because IRL there was no unit variety.

Why does he wear the mask?

Correct.

I like both.

Deathglobes are good for general use but if you position warpthrowers well, you can melt a unit of kroxigors in 2 hits.

Basically, I would only take 1 unit of warpthrowers and babysit it. It's worth it in my opinion.

Only modern warfare because vehicles.

This army has just been sitting here for five turns now. What's their endgame?

Bought a new PC for this, can anyone tell me how WH2 will run on it?

Ryzen R3 1300X 3.7ghz
Nvidea 1050ti 4gb
8gb memory

Will probably stick it on an SSD

kinda annoyed that they didn't up the unit size of Skaven

IMMERSION = RUINED

Bringing that bitch boy Nagash back because he can't do it by himself.

Kart racing
But they did?

literally who gives a shit
they fucked up a forced cancer meme faction that no one likes, that's boring to play and to fight against, and that brings in the wrost fucking kind of posters you could imagine

t. drone

MY EYES
MY EYES

idiot

t. autoresolve & hard group right click "pro"

Which blessing do I go for?

t. no-fur

good shit

whichever one looks better to you
you need to start thinking for yourself user!

With upkeep really fucking high (trash units: 150, elite 400 on average), which is better
>half stack of elite units
>1 stack of tier 1 trash with some elite units
>2 stacks of tier 1 trash

Since its Kroq, you might as well go for the saurus discount. Enjoy your saurus spam. Not sure what I'd recommend otherwise though, I have a build with a majority of skinks on another lord.

I WANT TO FUCK MOMMY

>dude why should I have to fight large battles on my toaster, its obvious that smaller battles are more f-fun...
>*cries self to sleep alone*

shhhh get on the bed, ill take care of it