/mmg/ mega man general

/mmg/sus Edition
Thread No. 198
Discuss anything Mega Man related. Art, OCs, Music, Fan Games, the comics, cartoons, etc. Discussion about Mega Man-esque games, Mighty No. 9, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Red Ash and Inafune is also welcome.

>Previous Thread
>list of all games
megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Games

>List of fan games
megamanfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Fan_games

>Rom Hacks
megamanfanon.wikia.com/wiki/ROM_hacks (wiki page is a stub. feel free to contribute)

>Comic, Manga, other printed media
pastebin.com/VQbnMXGe
mega.nz/#F!G8VjXSjY!HigLekH1YRxozZQwgsu7EA (fixed artbooks.)

>Music Playlists and Albums
pastebin.com/6iYqEkM2
A TON of Mega Man remix albums (and some Gunvolt CDs)

>Cartoons and Anime
pastebin.com/Uq6Wi9Ms

>Our booru!
mmg.booru.org/

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/ukimukai
webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:ji9G38OYw-kJ:https://www.polygon.com/2013/4/9/4179628/mega-man-fps-maverick-hunter &cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=br&client=firefox-b-ab
twitter.com/AnonBabble

zeroeth

Will you play her game, /mmg/?

anyone got cute Aile pics?

mobile.twitter.com/ukimukai

DAY-CHAN IS CUTE! CUTE!
OWNER OF MY HEART!
GIVE ME DAY-CHAN OR GIVE ME DEATH!

nope, try the last thread

Cial > Viper

Day-chan > Cial

Fuck this I'm putting a proper one up.

Tjis IS a proper thread. Calm the fuck down.

I was in the bath and my replacement didn't think to put the proper one up to divert attention away from this shitposting.

Literally what is wrong? Don't let the initial autism get to you, the thread will fall back into the usual groove in no time.

We need NESfag to return and continue playing Battle Network. That'll fix us up.

Well, there's always next time. This one isn't as bad as I thought it'd be.

>Honey Select user's Cial pics last thread
>actually, all of Honey Select user's pics
MUH

I'm still mad though. Waifufag couldn't let Lan do his job because he's too fucking thirsty for 2D.

It's just an OP, I'm pretty much over it.
Better a trash OP pic than a trash autist shitting up every thread, after all.

> S E E T H I N G

Lan is calming down now. It's okay.

>trying to explain Wonder Woman to fascists
Um she's a superhero? Get over it, women can be heroes too in 2017 DUMB SEXIST CUNTS

Ara ara

Wrong thread.

YUSS
thanko mucho

Who wants Toblerone?

Pffffft

Nice one user

Aki deserves a big toblerone.

shoved right up his mechanical ass

>That pic
Based OP

holy shit, this is damn pretty.

>you can change clothes
cool I guess.

Arcia is a cute background character.

>that filter

user who made those 3D models of Cial, whats the game? can you share them?
Can you post more Ashe?

Who names their dog "Mushroom?"

Boku no Pico

Man, memes sure last long on nu4chan. That meme is years old.

>whats the game?
Honey Select

>can you share them?
Sure, though you'll need to get the right mods it may be lacking and stuff. HS still needs you to download mods individually as opposed to having a preset pack that eases all your woes, so there's also that.

>Can you post more Ashe?
I can get on that

Why she is so nervous

You're amazing, user.

Wood Man > all lmao

Can't wait for Mega Man to kill him

pfft i beat his butt, nice

I was trying to go with grinning, but I guess the pose didn't help matters.

WTF I hate Wood Man now?!

how the fuck this brat got here all by himself? what the fuck
it is her bird. but yeah.

And can't post her final outfit uncropped. Her tights are all ripped

I sear to fucking god I didn't forgot to add the pic.

If Ciel's 14, how old is Cial?

same age, you pedos.

Forgot to add pic...

Old enough

and all the ZXA girls

Neat!

DOESN'T WEAR A THING UNDER THAT ROBE
NOT EVEN PANTIES
KINKY EMPRESS

Also if someone has this pic of Aile in a sundress, I based this off of that but I seem to have misplaced it or not saved it. Don't remember if she has a straw hat in it too though

>now
lol

Her sister

Purification> Corruption

Who is which?
Cial is purification, right?

It's about the general fetish thing, you delusional waifufag.

What if we had a medieval fantasy Mega Man with norse mythology themes?

I could dig it. kind of fits in line with my fantasy JRPG AU.

It'd still be a sidescroller action game tho.
I got Odin Sphere today, after some anons mentioned it 2 or 3 threads ago

Would be neat.
Which norse gods would be the Blue bomber, the Black buster and the Crimson fuck

It might be cliché but Blue bomber should be Thor. The lemons would be tiny thunders and the charge shot a huge electric blue sphere

And Loki is the black buster, with the transformation shenanigans and trickster personality.

Actually, I even got the scenario.
King Albert is a jackass king who got into the throne by killing Sir Thomas and sacrificing his blood into the river of the Jörmungandr. Rock wants revenge and Thor grants him to become the knight known as Mega Man.
Meanwhile, Albert's son disagrees with his fathers methods and disowns his blood. Decides to have a honorful death in the same river but Jörmungandr's brother, the wolf god Fenris, decides to give him a new life and a new name, Zero, and must execute his father, King Albert.

Meanwhile, it turns out Hel revived Sir Thomas' eldest child in an armor painted red in blood...

Is this the new Arcposting?

It IS very cliché, though. Thor's the posterboy for norse myths even before Mahvel movies and mythologies are always crawling with heroes you can appropriate for works based off existing franchises (I should know, I do it all the time).

Hell, you might go with Sigurd if you want, or even Balder/Baldur for two of the other most known norse heroes. Reading up on the not often used many times just open your mind to a bunch of possibilities we don't see put in play exactly because they are not the mainstays.

People are just trying to have ideas to a new game to pass time.

It's a pretty good thing to do since we don't have new games to talk about.

Thor aside, what do you think of my little scenario?

I'm not sure if it needs to have "Mega Man" tossed into it. I don't remember Zero being called "Mega Man Zero" in the series proper, and it did just fine.

I also think it'd benefit from being a crazy steam(?)-punk world that'd mix both technology and medieval stuff. Blurring the line between what could be explained away by technobabble and outright magic tends to make for interesting times.

No less, just to give an overall idea with what I mean for overall motifs: when I was putting together a game of my own, fully original, that I sold, I wanted to have a snakewoman boss. I only knew of the gorgons for cursory knowledge, and Medusa is pretty much your go-to stop if you're talking about snake ladies.

When I read up about them I was fascinated to find out a bunch of stories say there were two gorgon sisters and Medusa was sort of 'converted' to one when she pissed Athena off. What's more, when Perseus went after Medusa and decapitated her (on Athena's orders, no less), her two sisters cried their hearts away in angst. Some myths even seemed to prescribe the creation of flutes to their cries.

As a result instead of using Medusa I went with one of her sisters who was trying to get revenge for her.

So whenever I try to look for something for inspiration, mythology-wise especially, I always try to delve deep or at least read around a little. I figured all I was doing was just getting background information on Medusa. What I turned out to get was a genuine affection for monsters who were depicted with actual emotion even back in the times they were created to be feared.

Ah, that's the opposite. I feel cyberpunk fantasy has been overdone ever since FF7, I really am starting to not like it so much nowadays, I was suggesting purely fantasy and knights.
But hey, any input at all from all anons on their own interpretations of a "Ragnarok Mega Man" is welcome.

My JRPG AU was strictly fantasy with a dash of magic to explain away robot masters with more modern themes.

To be honest I think a lot of the issue with fantasy and technology being samey may boil down to artstyle.

Try Houshin Engi for one. It's set in Ancient China but the characters still have translucent touchpad displays and these sorts of technological advances as well as the assorted sort of machinery. The blend works very well in the end.

Not that user but Houshin engi is one of the best shounens I've ever read. Shame about that anime. Also Raishinshi a cute.

But yeah, if a Megaman series ever came with a medieval fantasy setting or similar, it will need a godtier artstyle to not look generic.

I like the anime better though it definitely ended without a proper conclusion. Still better than little green men if you ask me or Dakki's out of left field so left it may well be right's "redemption"

I don't think it needs to be 'godtier' though so much as not hitting the same notes. You want something that isn't even really out there but help breaks the mold for post-apocalyptic hi-tech fantasy stuff?

Fucking DRAGONS wearing the apparatus.

You just need to make the world feel unique and not keep serving a bunch of edgelord bishounens with angsty pasts who are aided by creatures we take straight from mythology books so we don't have to design anything else.

>it will need a godtier artstyle to not look generic.
I think it could be done. The Mega Man series doesn't shy away from trying different artstyles if Zero, BN and Legends are any proof of.
Or even that cancelled FPS.

>Fucking DRAGONS wearing the apparatus.
Already done, It's Magma Dragon.

That FPS had interesting plot concepts.

X series doesn't have "fantasy" in it like we're discussing, or actual flesh and bone dragons though. It's just another type of robot which already grounds him in that world.

It did? I know nothing except it was X in american grimdark first person style.
I was slightly happy it got canned from looks alone back then, I was still salty at Bionic Comando

i think they were planning some plot where zero had to kill x but i forget why. It was probably inafune's bullshit idea

>i think they were planning some plot where zero had to kill x but i forget why.
>It was probably inafune's bullshit idea
Fucking always.

Or Armature trying to be EDGY. It was the seventh generation after al...

maybe that's why they canned it. because the devs were like "not this shit agian"

>The story started in the east and progressed west: Capcom Japan developed the basic plot off key story points and twists from Inafune, but ultimately the plot would be in the hands of a Western scenario writer.

webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:ji9G38OYw-kJ:https://www.polygon.com/2013/4/9/4179628/mega-man-fps-maverick-hunter &cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=br&client=firefox-b-ab

I'd say so. Funny how this idea began with Aizu since he wanted his Mega Man game to have more punch to it, yet it's followed what Inafune's touched ever since (ZXA, Mighty No. 9's "I WILL SHOW YOU" ending), etc.

Or both.

New meme, hot off the assembly line

Chuckles were had.

>can only die once and becomes

Well shoot

Mega Bump

Mega High!

Borderline death bump! Iralou jaceras

Where does Zero get 3 love interests and X gets none?

Are we somehow counting Layer but not Alia?