gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iQ0e3QUADw8
youtube.com/watch?v=5AxwaszFbDw
itch.io/jam/wj2016
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Heptagonal tiles

Just wondering, what did I miss?

some cunt had to make an epic joke about not being able to read the characters on the /agdg/ logo in the proper order as an op, all while completely wiping out the regular pasta

Improving fixed patrol routes and how they're randomly chosen.
I'm tempted to just disable collision between patrolling enemies, I fixed some quirks but it still can get weird.

Are the blue point randomly determined? Based on objects in the world?
Its looking pretty good

This looks amazing, I wish I could look over your code

I think when they push each other out of the way it's cute
But if it helps to disable I don't think anyone would really notice or care
As long as they bump into each when attacking you, right?

Are those hopping zombies

tfw feeling when you killed the boss but he just comes back

Is he dancing

no he's spooking

he's going to make himself sick with all that spooking

Waifufags are cancer, so I'm going to the other shitty thread.

What are you writing this in?
I'm curious how you manage the camera, pixel perfect without snapping

I love these kind of progress posts that show and talk about the behind-the-scenes a bit. It is really cool and inspirational.

If only I could draw faces... well, I made it so that they change faces during dialogue and other... dialogue-y parts. Pic related.

Is that the output of the stock mp_ functions or custom? I really need to try that stuff out one of these days.

Getting married and starting a family is the greatest game you could ever make, user

epic for the win

I wouldn't mind more harvest moon-likes

there is no place for pedoshit in agdg

Well, I do already support starting a family, since the lolis, once they've hit partway through puberty, become impregnable and can give birth...

Which is why I've been posting here regularly for more than 4 years, right?

>you could
That's where you're wrong kiddo

Yeah, they're all possible patrol points to chose from.
Thanks!
>Are those hopping zombies
They aren't really 'zombies', nobody in the story will call them that because I'm original and- yeah they're zombies.
No but really they have a story, at least that's the plan.
GM:S, I just have the camera lerp towards the pixel-perfect so instead of going from coord (0,0) to (1,0) it goes (0,0) > (0.2,0) > (0.35,0) etc.
It's not pixel-perfect, but I like being pixel-smooth more than pixel-perfect, still whenever I can snap things back to pixel-perfect coords I do it, if the camera is very close to a round value or a character stops moving, for example.
It's draw_path() and a bunch of draw_circle().

Check the game date
Those "lolis" are older than you

>depressed game dev general

I haven't worked on anything in months and I want to die

not in this timeline they're not, are you lost user?

It was actually fun learning through this one.

We remapped out the sprites for the first room and added some vertical parallax as well as a few sky layers

Also did half of the item menu with temp assets, we'll get to UI design later but the point is that the backend is all working now for whatever skin we put over it

Read both.

Also one that really should be more widely read (at least the subject in general)

Just noticed the bottom of some of the sprites pokes out when I jump too high but it should be fine since player will never be able to get that high (multiple high jumps for testing)

Chinese folklore has a monster called a jiangshi which is a hopping vampire/zombie

I figured you had taken inspiration from that

That art style is pretty rad.

The art is good, but will the gameplay be something unique?

Thanks, I posted some of our other art a few threads ago but it can't hurt to repost

It's a Bekinski inspired Metroidvania

>unique
buzz, you mean FUN

We using one on left

If you like Metroidvanias

and last art dump for now with more monsters

Very nice, user. Where can I follow this?

How Kafka-esque

>Console version keeps running worse
It's like I keep pouring gasoline on this thing

why is BuildBox so expensive?

Just made it so don't have anything posted yet but I'll be dropping media here: www.facebook com/HeartOfGlim/

Why not a Tumblr/Twitter?

>facebook

never used twitter b4

Just uploaded a build of my game.
Got 1 download, 0 views.
Are the chinese stealing games from itch.io now?

me t b h

do you have followers?

ideally you should be on all the platforms you can
but facebook as a first choice is a bit weird
twitter is currently the hub for gamedev

making a cemetery track

pretty early in development so we don't have too much to show yet

I'll make one later though, thanks for thought

you can get some free bot retweets with #indidev #gamedev #screenshot saturday, and even some real followers. not sure if there are similar bots and hashtags for concept art

Can you get to the downloads without seeing the page if you are a follower?
I can't remember.

Spook y user

Question for everyone;

I want to get started on making a game, but I want to do it almost entirely by myself. Art, music, game feel, the whole package, if only because somebody else might just get it, "wrong."

Where would you recommend I even get started on this? I have no clue what even to do to start developing.. well, any of the skills required.

youtube.com/watch?v=iQ0e3QUADw8

Just like make game

since the last thread got deleted

Should I make my game playable with a SNES controller?

It's done, I somehow managed to play through the Dreamcast version on real hardware, which is as far as my quality assurance goes.
IT'S BURNING TIME, BABY

First thing you should know is that this is going to take you several years to learn, and then several more years to finish your dream game. And even then your game won't be as good as you wanted.
Start by choosing an engine, there's 4 in the OP. They're all good, and they all have plenty of tutorials. Do not try too make your own engine unless you're willing to spend an additional 10 years learning.
Next, just like make games. Start small, participate in jams, whatever you do, just make playable games. After a while try to make a very simplified version of your dream game. You will fail a lot, but you'll be learning.

so what could serve me this fx?

Shaking my head that you'd even post progress in that obvious shitpost thread.
But the progress looks good, nice work

Progress.
Now I'm gonna go back to programming and work on combat stuff.

i claim the A girl as my waifu, any information about her?

forgot to attach actual progress.

me too mate

Make your fucking hands bigger

youtube.com/watch?v=5AxwaszFbDw

They're all from the waifu jam from last year.

itch.io/jam/wj2016

Why are there so few 3D games? is it really that hard?

Pixel art looks less intimidating, even though low poly is just as hard.

I just started my journey into the deep abyss that is 3D, will someone save me?
It's probably because sprites are far easier to animate than rigging/animating models

Ironically, I did 3d models before I did pixel art.

3D is way easier, you just drag and move your frames, for 2D you have to redraw the whole damned thing.

On top of that, people don't get excited over lowpoly the same way they do over pixel art. I know people are tired of pixel platformers, but they still get excited about really well done pixelart.

Another datapoint: the #pixeldailies on twitter has some traffic, but #lowpolydailies doesn't.

>It's probably because sprites are far easier to animate than rigging/animating models
user, that's the complete opposite though. Especially if it's a character that's supposed to be viewed for multiple angles, like top down games.
A model you only have to rig and animate once, and it's done forever, no matter what angle or lighting the model is viewed from.
Plus with 3D animation you only need to worry about key frames, with 2D sprites you have to draw all of the in-between frames, depending on how much detail you want that could take up a lot more time.

I suppose easy may be subjective, though surely 2D graphics are more straightforward to make as opposed to 3D?

That is not at all what Kafkaesque means you shit-tard, which makes it immediately apparent you've never read any Kafka, which would be fine except if anyone should use the word "kafkaesque" (they shouldn't), it would be people who have actually read some Kafka.

Feel ashamed, try-hard.

I'm always so happy to see your game

This is true, but I do think people are starting to like the low poly aesthetic more, even more so when it's mixed with pixel art textures. Or even those games that do pixel art characters and low poly environments.
The more pretty low poly models there are, the more people will start to love it like they do with pixel art.

how kafkaesque

Practice something else. Just make some art or code some tools or something.

but where's the gameplay?

It seems nothing has changed in the 7 months I've been away from this general.

My fucking sides.

You do put in way more up front, it's sculpting vs sketching. All the time savings are on the animation end.

Of course, with 3d you can keep going down the rabbit hole, if you go for realistic? That's way more time consuming.

Quite a few wish he would just leave, but nothing much to be done about it. But also you're a stupid cunt for implying that shit represents /agdg/ on a whole

It's the 10% rule. 90% of everything will be shit. 10% will be good. There's some amazing games out there, but most are shit.

It's also subjective, so someone out there might like that stuff, it doesn't mean you have too.

Where's your game?

Where's my game?

How would I make one of those fancy skill bars where you can drag a skill to another position in the skill bar?

how do you deal with the crippling depression user?

There's almost certainly a drag and drop inventory tutorial for your engine.

suicide

I don't care about living or dying
So I may as well just like make game, yknow?

progress: teleporters

Cryptocoin quality.

Is cryptocurrency going to be a mechanic somehow (other than just play it straight money)?

>tfw you can buy shit in game but you have to wait 15 real time minutes for transactions to go through
>tfw if you forget your password you get locked out of your money and you have to make a new account
>tfw you can have all your money stolen by a monster if you type your password into a subtly fake phishing attempt
>tfw game-IRS jails you if you don't pay taxes but somehow can afford some bitchin' expensive as hell equipment

Reminder that Bob Ross was a shitty programmer and Molyneux is the highest paid idea guy of all time.