/fng/ - Fortnite General

FNG revival edition, game is saved.

- PvE receiving big updates
epicgames.com/fortnite/forums/news/announcements/67608-what-are-we-working-on-save-the-world
- block party is coming back

- Battle Royal runs smoother than pubg
- Is better than pubg in every way
- Is free to play

- Download from epic games
- Every game on steam is a failure and you know it
Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/rEqfETy
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Chad dive or go home

Fuck you OP, my parents kept telling me that they'll get me that carpet only if I start behaving myself and after I followed the instruction I was told they couldn't afford it in the first place!

Is the Ouch! shirt something from real life or did the original meme creator make that?

Who tortured that gif? Jesus Christ.

Not too sure honestly
I like it though

Starting location ranking

>CHAD TIER
The Jail
Retail Row
the unnamed hamlet and the industrial cluster west of retail row

>NORMIE tier
Fatal Fields
Anarchy Acres
Greasy Grove
Pleasant Park
The cargo container place

>I WANT TO SUFFER tier
Loot Lake
Clown restaurant SE of anarchy acres
Flush Factory if its the first thing the bus flies over
Either trailer park
Moisty Mire

>VIRGIN Tier
Lonely Lodge
Flush Factory, excepting above tier option
midget farms east of anarchy acres
Anything if its the last area the bus flies over, or the map fringes
Any bridge
the squiggly thing on the east side

>OPERATOR TIER
Landing in the middle of nowhere away from any cluster of structures
wailing woods

I just land on top of small mountains.

What about the crashed bus?

What about the hangers?

I wonder if they are gonna put names on more places.

>that op picture
20+ years later I'm still mad my mom threw it out

The jail is my favorite place to slap people’s tits with a shotgun

Such tense fucking cqc in there, only really matched by the conex fill

I want to huff Penny's brapper

Friendly reminder to always make one more stair than you think you need to climb a steep face, lest you slide off seemingly walkable ground and die, or worse, lose your 100-75 health

and dont cut those corners!

I always land on a little mountain near the cargo container place or far the fuck away from everything near the coast

Consistent winning squad comp
Source: me and my friends

Squad lead: Calls the shots and positioning, travel routes and base construction. Acts as a flanker when needed. Generally point man for zone infiltration

Marksman: sniper/ scoped rifle and a shotgun, someone who knows how to properly crest hills without revealing themselves and can actually aim

Demo/mid range striker: btfo anything and everything and act as a secondary overwatch for breaches/infiltration

Fill as either close range or mid range depending on what loot is found: Supports squad lead in close quarters brawls or ties in with demo for mid range shootouts to provide a clear distracting force to enhance flanking effectiveness

Reminder that sliding down cliffs prevents fall damage and there are almost no cliffs in the game that can't be slid down.

And also to backpedal into the cliff as you slide to almost 100% never take fall damage

>tfw finally really close to winning a game
>get sniped from bush
every time

reminder to never get wise and use a smg

What the heck is this thing.

Blog post about weapon ideas

SMG - needs more damage. Right now, its so inaccurate, even at close ranges you can do more damage than it with a pistol. Keep the inaccuracy, but make it competition for the shotgun
Rifles - not even sure about this one, sometimes it feels like a laser accurate death machine, other times its bullets draw silhouettes around targets across the room... the burst dire is incredibly powerful against other grey weapons
Magnum - shoots too slow. Let it shoot faster but add siginifcant recoil that doesnt auto-recover
Snipers - both seem fine, hitting a dodging target is essentially luck which given the openness of the map, it should be
Shotguns - Pump doesnt do enough damage to warrant the massive decrease in fire rate. Both should get tighter/realistic spread so aiming up close isnt brain dead, also give it more damage falloff for more reliable but less damaging mid-range
Pistol - seems fine

jesus fuck. i've been playing pve for like 5+ hours now. it's fun as hell and has serious fucking potential. i hope this game garners even more attention before it goes free to play, i like these two modes a LOT.

protip: you can make spiral staircases with the edit command

this is gamechanging

Battle Royale is very fun. I do think it needs some work but hopefully that will come.

Does anybody wanna squad up eventually? I have no frens that play

>squad with someone
>players in queue: 1370
Why?

Scoped auto rifle is so broken. Why even bother with the snipers when you can fucking hitscan someone from far away.

Servers down

Why do I have a metallic umbrela instead of a parachute?

You won a game, congrats user.

Now stop attention whoring and start whining.

cuz u winned

Sometimes it spawns a chest.

it has spread, also at very long ranges it simply doesnt zoom in enough to see shit if you have the FOV changed

Doesn't feel like it has spread. They are barely a dot on my screen and it's like a laser.

I have the FoV changed and I haven't noticed the zoom lacking.

fucking put the servers up already

DELETE THIS

It does if you're moving or dont wait for it to completely recover. If you aren't moving a person with an actual sniper will wreck you. Otherwise, yes it seems to be a better sniper against general targets

>Cheat engine
End yourself

I have nevera round any of those. How este rare are them?

I've found one (myself, not counting looting other players) one in like 10 games or so. they're purple rarity, and seem to be similar to other purples.

Which guns do you guys tend to use? I imagine pistols and shotguns are to be avoided?

Scoped rifles can be blue or purple.

They are incredibly rare though. I'd say there's 2, maybe 3, per game across the entire map.

Shotguns are good if you need to clear a house at the start of the game during the loot rush.

>he doesn't hex edit

>First mythic
>Nigja

Why, God? Haven't I paid my constructor dues?

It's so fucking stupid that beating top 5 is way harder than surviving top 5. Everyone at the end has a brain it's not fair why don't they just roll over and die!

Honestly the chad dive isn't worth it. All you do is guarantee get yourself under 75hp with no additional items to show for it (Killing 10 pick axe users gets you nothing)

I usually try to keep 3 categories on hand

long range
magnum->rifle of any variety
medium
assault rifle -> burst rifle
short range
pistol -> semi auto shotty

i keep grenades or a rocket/grenade launcher.
if i find a scoped rifle i try to keep it in addition to the others. and obviously these arent rules like an orange assault rifle beats a green burst fire

The SMG is garbage, dont be tempted by it. also the pistol is better than you think it is, especially early game. the pump action shotgun doesnt do enough damage to warrant the incredibly low fire rate and good aim from a pistol will kill you long before you get a second shot off

>land prison
>get insane loot (blue ar, blue semi, purple scoped rifle), kill the only other person that dropped there (bus was north, west to east, passed over loot lake)
>consecutive circles force me to run all the way across map, meet zero enemies
>kill one guy camping in house at top of mountain
>tfw he was the only guy on the mountain in the circle, and I got to let the remaining 4 on the ground level kill each other then clean up
>3 kill win despite getting absurd loot
I mean, I guess I'll take it. kind of a wild first one, though.

also, the moral of the story is always drop prison if it's far from bus route, the loot is bonkers if only 1 or 2 people go there. also, I fucked up that first circle, it was further than that.

Scoped rifle is the best for every situation. Early game you want a shotgun because people are low ammo and low tier weapons. Grenades are always worth a slot no matter what.

>Terrible Support bonuses
>Has the best Skill Combo for Ninjas (that being Dragon Slash Smoke Bomb)
>94% Increased sword damage for 4 seconds after dropping a Smoke Bomb (only 24% in general, bonus 70% in Shadow Stance)
While he lacks the survivability most Ninjas need, he makes up for it with massive damage that can shred most everything and only leave BEES
I feel your pain. I got my first Legendary Hero from the Super Hero Llama and then suddenly, I get 3 more over the course of the next few weeks. I really should just bin Guardian Bull, he's so worthless.

>inb4 user becomes a serial killer

Are you serious? I never bothered editing a stair

lmao what the fuck is this casual left4dead bullshit? this is a leet battle royale general now, fags.

>left4dead

When will buildlets learn?

this game has some nice butts

So apparently people are getting their panties in a twist because they can't snipe with rifles.

What say you?

I believe snipers should honestly be removed.
Along with rocket and grenade launchers. These things simply reward players who get lucky over being skillful. Also remove the rarity variation shit.

Wohoo! I did it!

Semi shotguns are god-tier. The pump action is garbage.
SMG's are last resort only, guns are better. Revolver hits like a goddamn truck.

Common rifles are dogshit. Blue+ rifles are good.

Bolt action sniper rifle is god-tier. So is the scoped rifle and the semi-sniper.

>SMG's are last resort only
Tactical smg is really good
>Common rifles are dogshit
Burst rifle is ok

I recorded some webm's to sarcastically complain about balance but since I won I guess they can serve as a path to victory montage

(1/4) Balanced rifle

(2/4) This guy had a lot of stuff so I don't know why he threw the game

How the fuck do I change my character's apperaance?

(3/4) Not as much discipline as I should have had but at least I didn't run straight at it and start picking up immediately

not until cosmetic dlc is out

>a game that is completely ruined even if even 1/100 players is a cheater
>free to play

Welp, uninstalling this garbage. It was fun while it lasted.

>Won without using black girl

Grandmaster-tier player or lucky?

(4/4) Don't tell no one this but the rocket launcher was responsible for 2 top ten kills

From all of these webm's we can determine an efficient strategy for winning battle royale
Step 1. High roll Scoped assault rifle
Step 2. High roll rocket launcher
Step 3. Victory

so i can't be a girl everytime?

im forced to play as a black man?

cute gamepad

Is the black girl really that advantageous? she also has a bright orange shirt

No, he's just trying to be funny and failing.

truly allah akbar tier gameplay

>smaller hitbox
>can sit in shadows with natural camouflage
If they ever let us pick our characters, expect everyone to pick the black girl.

Yes

help

this game is misgendering me

xd submit with this as feedback

unless I see evidence of higher tier drops on populated areas i'll continue to land in non-contested areas

Or it could be you are 4 people who aren't retarded and actually co-op and distribute inventory

there's no instruction manual and no down time to actually fiddle with build mechanics.

I don't think there's any difference in drop rates between areas.

I find that if you land by yourself, then you get all the loot, good or bad.

If you land in a town, if you don't get the good stuff, someone else will and they'll kill you.

discord where?

>mfw 8 shields
>mfw killed by fluke headshot bolt action

I keep wanting to buy PvE send help

I stopped being a buildlet and won my second game because of it.

Pretty much the only time i build is to get to higher ground. I don't see the point of announcing to everyone in the vicinity where you are by building a mini fort.

Just don't. You will only be disappointed.

Am I doing something horribly wrong, or are Ninjas irredeemable pieces of shit that only exist as weeb bait?

It starts off great. The first ~20 hours are lots of fun

Suddenly, they stop giving you coins and progression and you realize that you have to do 2 days worth of dailies to scrape together enough points to buy 1 llama for a 5% chance at legendary that will probably be shit, or 20 days for enough coins for a guaranteed legendary that will probably be shit. Then you're in the second zone and realize it's the same thing all over again and there's nothing left to progress for and they've abandoned the game in order to focus on PvP mode.

If they manage to make it not p2w it would be really good.

>they've abandoned the game in order to focus on PvP mode.
it's being developed by a different team

360 view with cover from all angles.

discord.gg/rEqfETy

Maybe we can get enough people to do some squads.

Ninjas ARE irredeemable pieces of shit that only exist as weeb bait, but they do decent damage in some specific scenarios.

95% of ninjas are fucking dickwads that will destroy a constructor's hard work in order to try and make some kind of kill funnel/apiary.

The other 5% actually use guns and only use their melee shit to clean up packs of weak husks, and their mobility to dunk on ranged faggots mortaring the base.

And a gigantic fucking sign that says 'I AM HERE rockets and grenades welcome'.