/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #971 - October 1st Edition.

>Sonic News

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mzvhgjq6SSY
youtube.com/watch?v=a_-dArgsHW4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

*weremoe*

Sorry I'm late, I was vored by Heavy Magician

>drawfag still hasn't delivered

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

Post rare Amies

*BEEP* *BEEP*
Best ship coming through.

Thanks to the user who filled in for me last thread.

Are you going to get a new phrase to spam, now?

Here, have another.

No because I still want Heavy Magician to vore me

Amy is cute even when crying.

Werehog Amy is cute

>October 1st
B-but we still have time till then

>29. United
Surrounded by an army of Egg Pawns, Blaze, Rouge & Amy team together to fight them off

*end*

So I wanted to draw those qt matching wallpapers Blaze and Silver got

Continuing the posting of Halloween-themed pictures

Werehog Amy is a dog slut

>Werehog Amy is a dog cute

Knuckles has a good amount of character development in Sonic Adventure 2 if you go entirely by his song lyrics.

Unparalleled softness

All women are queens Shadow.

3. Poison

Tails gets exposed to Dark Gaia energies, their transformative effects amplified by his already anomalous genetics.

12. Shattered

Thanks to a cosmic event, the Witchcarters have found themselves out of power and out of time as G.U.N. and Team Dark use the opportunity to take down the errant mages.

that's not rare

I also noticed something interesting about it
(the Tanabata festival revolves around a story about two lovers who are separated in space by the Milky Way and no longer allowed to see each other)
Can you say DEEPEST LORE?

There was supposed to be a Rouge, but it was too shitty to make it work.

I want you to elaborate

Japan definitely loves the idea of them being star-crossed.

I swear, I fucking love images like these where Sonic and Friends are just hanging out and goofing off like a tight-knit group of friends usually do.

In pic related, I can't help but imagine Shadow saying "let me tell ya why that's bullshit" or something along the lines. But it would be more of a Seinfeldian conversation rather than an outright argument.

Anyways, post more "Sonic and Friends" pictures like these two if you got them.

I like when Sonic is nice to people

I can't believe Sonic Channel gave me the fuck my shit up special about this. Sneaky fuckers.
Also yeah they really really do. I think it's probably why they seem pretty popular in Japan. Anime love cliches and whatnot.

I like it when Sonic makes fun of and clowns on Dr. Robotnik.

I just now realize blaze is making a flame shaped like a leaf.

Kick The Rock! starts with Knuckles rejecting Rouge's attempts at flirtations, committing himself to recovering the Master Emerald shards solo. In A Ghost's Pumpkin Soup this solo commitment has left him feeling slightly paranoid, constantly looking over his shoulder because he has nobody watching his back. By Dive Into The Mellow the isolation is taking its toll with Knuckles longing to just lay back and relax instead of continuing his task. Once he meets up with the gang for Deeper, Sonic talks about how he wants to help Knuckles' quest even though the two don't see eye-to-eye. This renews Knuckles' spirit, and in Space Trip Steps he's firmly committed to finishing his task, this time with the help of his friends, setting up for them to be a full-time team in Heroes instead of standoffish rivals.

It'd be neat if this was reflected in the actual game dialogue but it's still interesting as-is.

... you're right! I thought it was a leaf set on fire.

Fuck that shit, what we need to do is post pictures of the characters in cute clothes. Though Halloween themed is good too

that reminds me of this
youtube.com/watch?v=mzvhgjq6SSY
theories were a mistake

>14
Mecha Sonic returns and is none too pleased to see that Metal has replaced him, leading to a clash of the copycats that will leave only one intact.

Okay, this actually got me. Especially since I remember as a kid I found Knuckles' ending in Sonic Adventure to be really depressing. He's now in the floating island with nothing to do, no-one to talk to, and such, just defending the Master Emerald for purposes he might not even understand.

I like it when Sonic interrupts the president's skype calls

>thread #971

Have we blasted through like 75 threads in one month? #1000's gonna come and go like #900 did at this rate.

Good lord, we truly are Super Sonic Racing, aren't we?

EGGMAN EMPIRE. YEAH RIGHT.

It's weird to see how hard Mecha was dropped when not only he acted on his own by teaming up with some random Eggrobo, but he had a Super form as well. That may be because I grew attached to Super Mario Bros Z though

not surprising. sonic channel is always posting these 2 together. they really like them.

>Divided
>Though apart from her people, Shade has not lost focus. Somewhere within the ruins of a secret Eggman laboratory, she searches for the parts to build a machine that will allow her to communicate with her people in the Twilight Cage. Though haunted by her betrayal, she'll soon find it's not her inner ghosts she has to escape from...

Mecha was destroyed in 3&K

It's probably just easier to just patch up Metal

Unfortunately.

Did you do pic related?

Same argument then given how hard Metal failed in CD.

why didn't they pick mecha instead of zavok for forces?

Metal Sonic was legitimately faster than Sonic, though. Mecha Sonic wasn't superior to Sonic in any way.

Redpill me, someone who never watched Satam and has little experience with the comics, on why this character and her fans get shit on so much.

It's more "why put the effort into making something superior if it doesn't work and is easier to fix up the less impressive model"

Besides, Metal wasn't even completely destroyed. Just kind of failed. All of the other Sonic robots were outright busted

Mecha seemed to be equipped with boosters on its shoes like Shadows though.

Metal was sleek and as fast as Sonic, unlike that bulky piece of shit Mecha.

Yeah there is definitely a shipper on the crew there lmao
And now I'm going to sleep...
I can't believe it's October 1st what the fuck

Sally was alright in SatAM, but got riddled with B-list soap-opera tier romance in the comics, receiving favoritism from tons of writers, even the good ones. Plus, most SatAM fans are Americans who grew up with the original 90's continuity, and had trouble adapting to the changes Adventure made, including their infamous, over-exaggerated hate of Amy, for also being a "love interest" for Sonic.

Allow me to Eggpill ya:

Sally for a ton of the preboot era in the comics, was either a horribly bland character, or a complete & utter shit character. Many felt like she had almost as much prominence as Sonic at certain points in the comic & things like The Slap didn't help her image. She was good at points in the preboot, was fine in SatAM & wasn't bad postreboot, but still.

As for her fans, it's because of the Sally/Amy shipping war.

Mecha figured out Chaos/Master Control before anyone else did though.

That's true. Somehow Mecha Sonic was able to tap into the power of the Master Emerald.

Nope but I'm friends with who did, sadly she lives in Puerto Rico and I haven't heard from her since the storm hit there. Been messaging her every day since, I know the storm took out 96% of the island's power but I can't help but worry. Really hope she's alright.

And that happened while Robotnik was not in charge of the situation, but some random Eggrobo instead. So he didn't even know one of his creations went Super

Last time on Sonic 3 and Knuckles...

But Metal got a new form, the life data of Sonic & friends and Chaos, and two "Super" forms, far bigger than Mecha Sonic.

I don't personally hate her or her fans but she definitely got a lot of favoritism from writers. Even Flynn, who wrote her the best in the comics, did this. I personally think she was good in SatAm but the pre-reboot didn't put her in the best light. The reboot managed to fix this. The whole Sonamy vs Sonally war is another reason, which is stupid since Sonic is ultimately going to be single at the end of the day.

>shade

plz no user, I don't want his inktober shut down because he got sued by penders.

Penders and Bollers fucked her over in two ways:
- Penders wanted to tack on super special prophecies and destinies out the ass for fucking everyone. Sally has her own destiny and his writing caused her to look completely useless because she did nothing but get jerked around by people and forces beyond her control. She had no agency whatsoever, and existed solely to have things happen to her instead of actually doing things herself. Knuckles also suffered from this under Penders, especially after his comic got cancelled.
- Bollers on the other hand wanted relationship drama out the ass. He created Mina for love triangles. He brought back Fiona for love triangles. He wanted to use Amy for love triangles. And since Sonic was the main character, the love triangles resulted in drama between him and Sally. So when Sally did get a chance to do something, it inevitably was just a bunch of soap opera bullcrap that made her look like a neurotic mess.

Sally was great under Gallagher and Decesare. Ian eventually rehabilitated her. But the period in between with Penders and Bollers running the show was total ass and fucked over her character so badly it took Ian years to finally salvage it.

Ignore everyone complaining about "favoritism" though, they're retarded.

>She's amazing in just about everything and humble to boot.
How did Ian write this with a straight face?

>Hoped Mania would give him some respect
>Gives Metal a massive handjob instead

Wasn't Metal Emperor an entirely different unit?

>That little drifting spin

Fantastic.

Spooky

This is pretty cool, what's it from?

What even was that eggrobo. Does Eggman just have a bunch of eggrobos that just put his plans into motion while he's having lunch or whatever.

The image doesn't include the second half of Ian's post, where he runs down all of Sally's numerous flaws. The post is meant to look at her from the perspective of both a blind fanboy and a blind hater in order to show she's neither amazing nor terrible and needs to be written in a way that respects both her strengths and weaknesses.

Remember Ian is dealing with Sonic fans, so blind fanboyism and blind hatred are all that these people understand. Need to talk to them in their language.

Same reason as was explained via Sonic Mania - man can't be around for everything so he has his elite team to do the things he can't handle personally.

Tails is for cute, not for spooky.

When's the IDW panel/press conference gonna happen at New York Comic Con?

Are you talking about Emperor Metallix from StC? Metal's forms in Heroes were Metal Madness and Metal Overlord, both forms clearly being transformed into by him.

The 8th. BTW, Ian tweeted out the other day:

>#Knowingsmile just hit critical mass. Holy crap
Take that for whatever you want.

This is actually amazing. Is there more?Same. I expected the three-form boss fight to have Silver, Metal and Mecha sonic teaming up.
This is kind of retarded but because of the good ending I always thought Robotnik fucking died and roboticized himself. Since we see a random Eggrobo rising up from what seems to be the Death Egg. And that was why he was later "Eggman". It was years later where the internet became a thing that I understood it was just a rando.

Chaotix was a thing, user.

Metal's fight was pretty disappointing after getting over the Silver ones showing up. The fight overall lacks the same feeling CD's had.

Oh, you mean the Chaotix final boss. That didn't really get an official name. It was called Titan Metal Sonic in the pre-reboot, but I don't think he was ever called Metal Emperor.

I often hear it called Metal Sonic Kai

No idea what you're talking about, seemed pretty hype the entire way through.

The last phase was dogshit, especially with the spike wall making it ironically easier. They should have just went with a normal race

That's what Metal Sonic's new body is called, due to his old one being mostly destroyed in CD.

>Poison
>The remains of Eggman's occupation dot the Floating Island like carrion, paying ugly tribute to its guardian's past mistakes. But no more! Today, Knuckles cleans up his island. But he may find the stain is harder to remove than just throwing out old trash...

Swift
Jet races Sonic on foot and quickly realizes how outmatched he is.

Wonder what it could be.

youtube.com/watch?v=a_-dArgsHW4

Hm, out of boredom I'll speculate what "#Knowingsmile just hit critical mass" means.

1. Ian might become a writer for the games if he plays his cards right.

2. He'll be one of if not the only head writers.

3. He just found out that whatever restrictions Sega put on IDW, they're less stringent than the ones put on Archie.

4. The IDW comics will actually be part of the game canon.

5. The Freedom Fighters (along other non-game characters from different continuities) will be in the IDW comics.

6. IDW Sonic would take place in the "real world" with America, Greece and China instead of the United Federation, Apotos and Chun-Nan.

7. He's just fucking with us, isn't involved with Sonic in any way shape or form and is hyping up a completely different IP instead.

So I won a race in Speed Battle today...

He followed up a bit saying he never saw some of whatever it is coming.

Rouge took em all

>He followed up a bit saying he never saw some of whatever it is coming.

If that's the case, then that just makes the wait for the 8th all the more tantalizing. It's gotta be something good if Flynn himself didn't see it coming.

I'll throw a few unlikely ideas on the pile.

>IDW Sonic will be a completely new branch and canon similar to how Sonic Boom was treated
>IDW Sonic starts with a Chronicles adaption
>by some miracle pre-reboot stuff is allowed to be used in the new comics

Can we get a bingo card going? I'm more hyped than ever now.