/twg/ - Total War General

Warhammer 2 sucks edition

alternatively >tfw no vietnam total war edition

Enter the vortex trailer
[YouTube] Total War: WARHAMMER II - Enter the Vortex (embed)

High Elves 360 trailer
[YouTube] Total War: WARHAMMER II – 360° High Elves Launch Trailer (embed)

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – System Specs:
totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-ii-system-specs/

How the Combined Map works
totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR (embed)
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed)
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1553-Total-War-Warhammer-II-Modifications

Workshop for Warhammer 2 hasn't been enabled yet but will be. Manually installing mods still works.

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DDxk6T3Y8e8&list=PLfHby7DEo3iFnHeF8Lm-MgJhw3r4eUvFT&index=2
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I WANT MOMMY TO SIT ON MY FACE

3rd for objective truth.

what am i doing wrong here

this is my second attempt at lizards and they all end the same

>Reddit Reptiles

How the fuck is this happening!?

>Using fucking skinks for anything except skirmishing

The skaven assault from last thread continues.

>[YouTube] Total War: WARHAMMER II - Enter the Vortex (embed)

Garbage campaign, garbage AI, crashes each time you press "End Turn", crashes every 3 battles once their load, cannot unhear Dota 2 quotes and other shitty assets

so skinks are the hammer and saurus the anvil?

first for stolen redditmemes

This happened to me too, skeggi sits its two stacks in its capital so you mop up the other settlements then have to fight your own personal Vietnam to get to skeggi.

Your best bet is to draw the stacks away from the settlement and build up some ranged units and suaruses then mop up.

go back

>When the foeman bares his steel

>units are literally called spearmen and archers

couldn't they at least have been "High Elven Archers" or some shit

I know this about Total War Warhammer hence why Call of Warhammer is better.

Ha, I had Lothern, Khemri, and Naggarond. Bunch of bullshit. Pretty much just planted two armies in each spot and if shit burned down around them, so be it.

Hahahhaaa holy shit! Saurus are the main line. Skinks skirmishers and Dinos destroy everything.

youtube.com/watch?v=DDxk6T3Y8e8&list=PLfHby7DEo3iFnHeF8Lm-MgJhw3r4eUvFT&index=2

>That double barrelled dart gun

what happens if you confederate with Morathi?

>doing the supreme spellshield quest for malekith
>"hold out for your reinforcements"
>reinforcements arrive and do nothing to sway the course of the battle
good meme

Be honest user, is this your first TW game?

Lots of chick tendies

LOL YOU WUZ ACKTUALLY TALKIN ABOUT TWW XDD

How can you praise such a shitty mod?

Saurus are the whole blacksmith's workshop, Skinks are for riding fuckheug dinosaurs and using blowdarts to poison people so the Saurus have an even easier time hacking their limbs off.

Early game, just spam Saurus, they're a tough melee unit that is essentially unbreakable because the AI cannot into exploiting their rampage mechanic, even if they get beaten, they'll fight to the last lizard and pretty badly maul whatever killed them. Get cav/flying shit to run down any missile units that might shoot at the Saurus and kite them and you've got the early game pretty much sewn up.

>Spend 60 influence to recruit a noble
>Take that noble to gather influence
>use it to gain another 60 influence noble
>rinse repeat until you have 10

are nobles a pyramid scheme by the elven skullcaps?

She sucks your balls.

If you're morathi everyone else starts spreading corruption
If you're Malekith Morathi's death hags and building switch to spreading untainted.

I don't get why this is a big deal its just a bit of lore fun it's not really core mechanic, her capital starts with the building that basically tells you this.

Who spreading the pox to the natives here?

>Get building to recruit Nobles as high elves
>All the initial nobles are booger eating, harelipped retards.
ASUR SUPERIORITY.

Island-induced inbreeding. Happens in real life too, just look at the Brits and Japs.

>jannuposting in /twg/

Just finished Malekith Legendary

I really enjoyed it up until the final battle, which was a let-down compared to doomstacks which I fought to get there. It's a far, far better game than TWH1. which I have 500 hours in.

Only disappointments were the black arks being auto-resolve and the final fight being pretty awful, why it gives you those meme abilities is beyond me.

I have not done a single treasure hunt

u wot m8

Um excuse me she is a bretonnian grail knight.

>huge amounts of water
>no naval battles
>shit sieges
>extremely quick micro intense esport battles with very little strategy
>terrible campaign gimmick
>stacks coded to spawn where your armies arent when a ritual is started = anti campaign strategy
>casual features put in place to make sure its impossible to lose a campaign
>lazily teleport your army across the map to do missions
>lazily spend money to create armies that are teleported into the enemies territory that will attack the enemy for you
>no formations
>terrible sharpness filter
>pulling ladders out of your ass
>no banners or musicians
>diplomacy screen banter does not match who they are talking to or where they are at half the time
>optimization is far worse than the first game

nice game fantasy babs

>tfw too dumb to get into fate series

fuck off

Call of Warhammer faggots are so pathetic.

How do you properly play the skaven?

Their units seem extremely weak overall compared to the others.

The grail knight is tired, she's gonna take a break here!

You bring numbers, you use artillery, you spam summons

Nothing personnel dawi.

Most infantry is chaff to tie up units for Globadiers/warp-fire throwers/artillery

Rat ogres are your cav

>There has to be more to life

Can CA get anything right?

Like every other horde race in the history of video games.
Swarm them with numbers while your elites/arty kills shit until you can afford to buy only elites. Then swarm them with elites while your arty kills shit.

Make a long fucking line and then surround the enemy and just unload on them with your ranged stuff.

Someone guide me and/or redpill me to git gud. I am tired at being shit at TW.

GRAIL KNIGHTS DON'T GET TIRED YOU USURPER
BURN 'ER LADS

How is it possible for anybody to be bad at total war

Like there's no strategy, you just blob, use abilities, and flank. A braindead monkey could do it

Poor new world colonies. Mazda just totally abandonded them to dark elf fun times.

Blobbing is less encouraged in tw than pretty much any other rts

Maybe not CoH

>select your army
>ctrl+g to lock the forrmation
>alt+left click and drag your army into place
>when you get close just right click the army and micro any units that really need it

thats it

I made it my mission in Mazda campaign to protect NWC right up until the very end
They got a little upset when i declared war on teclis but otherwise our relationship was flawless

>Approach my bulk

I mean that's what I'm doing, maybe I'm doing it right and expect it to be more than it is. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

almost finished my first dark elf campaign. Lizardmen or high elves next?

Lets get down to business, and defeat these scum.
Did they send me Naggarothi, when I asked, for Ulthuans?
You're the saddest bunch I've ever met
And you've got brains of mushroom stew
Elfling, i'll make Asur out of you

>have 5 dragons
>attack 11 stack ritual city OR attack 35 stack random town

HHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I WONDER WHICH ONE THIS DUMB CUNT AI WILL CHOOSE HAHA

alright you can just fuck off

watch turin or heirofcarthage on youtube and play MP quick battles, youll get better pretty quick

So, anybody find any cool or unique traits they wanna show off? I'm a sucker for that shit

>might as well do my first ritual
>oh this says my capital region will be targeted, better reposition my army in preparation for chaos
>initiate ritual
>chaos spawns in my other territory and torches the place
Whoever designed this system should be shot

Ignorant question. I have always been shit at this game and played on Easy. If I play on normal and above and fight larger armies, will my general level quicker?

You forgot;

>Units just teleport down inside Skaven walls and walk straight out of the solid wall because apparantly creating doorways is hard

I hate rats. I'll never play as rats. You want to know why? I've had to deal with rats IRL, at one of the places I've lived at. They are extremely disgusting, annoying, and LOUD creatures. Hearing them skitter and squeak through the walls of my apartment and then see the excessive amounts of rat shit everywhere inside attics and basements is too much for me that I can't even enjoy them as a fantasy faction in a virtual world like Warhammer. And as a poorfag all I could afford were basic rat traps that would only break their backs and leave them squeaking for fucking hours until I had to physically murder them with a blunt object and then see their yellow and red guts mashed on the pavement to get rid of them. Fuck Skaven, and anybody who has been through what I've been through would agree.

I uh, I think he wants you. Lewdly.

Sorry for the doomwheel spam but I'm having too much fun with this thing not to share.

Que? interventions automatically go for the nearest ritual city and ignore everything else

>interventions automatically go for the nearest ritual city and ignore everything else
After burning down all your settlements on the same turn they spawn sure

>Grail Knight
>Tired
WRONG

there's seriously an issue with this AI

i've literally never had an intervention work

Would Malekith and Mannifred get along? They both keep whining about being the rightful heir

No one gives a shit about you or your edgy ass. I had worse experience with stray dogs, do you see me bitching about them in threads?

whats the issue here?

This isn't true. They're probably supposed to, and it works most of the time, but occasionally they dick around elsewhere

LOVE ETERNAL!
Nothing as romantic as your uncle's ripped out heart

I won't be content with this world until all its rats have been reduced to their constituent parts.

pls

well there isn't a dog faction in warhammer

>balls deep in the khemribowl
>taking a bunch of settlements at high speed and removing undead shits
>stack of rude dead fucks attack a minor tier one garrisoned settlement
>despite my saurus fighting bravely to cut down scores of undead, it's a valiant defeat
>kroq-gar is one turn away from moving into range to commit vengeance for their sacking
Where is your god now undead motherfucker.

Sharing is caring.

1. teclis (me) is on the other continent far away, so whatever ambitions they have makes zero sense
2. dwarves have no quarrel with any major power in the vortex campaign

They're both the strongest lords from their respective games too.

just play whatever the fuck you want you stupid fag

how did you kill the doggos? did you have to smash them with the blunt end of an axe until the offal was smeared across the pavement? Like I did with the Rats. Dozens of them.

>helf archers vs. norsca

GET REKT EDGE ELVES

Does Malekith's trait justify using Bleakswords, Dreadspears, and Darkshards in the late game, assuming you grabbed the red buffs for them? Because while I like tailoring my armies to the lord's abilities when applicable, the spears/swords just get butchered later.

And it wouldn't make a difference if there was one. No one in the right of his mind would like rats. But the domestic ones are super cool, my friend had one. All wild animals in large numbers are pests, no exception

I voted for a mayor that promised to euthanize all of them from the city. That's how I killed them