/fgoalter/ - Fate/Grand Order NA General

Previous thread: >[FAQ]
pastebin.com/Hp918cqA

>[Mega Pastebin]
pastebin.com/HTrhq7Nk

>[News, Events & Campaigns]
webview.fate-go.us/
Check FateGO.USA on facebook for preliminary announcements and Campaign Milestones

>100 Day Anniversary
Date:October 3rd, 7:00 UTC - October 10th 3:59 UTC
10 4* EXP card
10000000 QP
2 Summon Tickets
2 Golden Apples
1 3* ATK Fou Card
13* HP Fou Card

>Okeanos Pickup Summon
Date: September 28th, 7:00 UTC - October 12th 3:59 UTC
Rate-up Servants:
5* Francis Drake
4* Anne Bonny and Mary Read
3* Euryale, David and Hektor
Rate-up CE:
5* Victor of the Moon and Another Ending
4* Code Cast
3* Anchors Aweigh

>[Wiki]
fate-go.cirnopedia.org/
fgosimulator.webcrow.jp/
Daily Quests: fate-go.cirnopedia.org/quest_daily_us.php
Drop rates(Click at NA tab): docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_SlTjrVRTgHgfS7sRqx4CeJMqlz687HdSlYqiW-JvQA
Check the schedule and drops before asking in the thread

>[Miscellaneous stuff]
Master Mission: Complete Mission objectives each week to gain Saint Quartz fragments
Rate ups in JP FGO: i.imgur.com/ufcB3OP.jpg
Upcoming event materials: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V2iDoN2HjafZ8Ube6Jgi0woIibY-Di3YxLMZdJ6quTA/edit#gid=1447471767

Friendlist: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M8_ZNP-WinrDQvwckh6Q7DMK5Z8RSx7ZshXTLCaI4zo

Will Sakuya ever accept my friend request....

is the 20 free quartz advertised for the 100 day event separate from 100 day streak login bonuses? Or am I retarded and they're the same thing?

/r/GOtrades/
you can go here to find out how much your account is worth

>Thought it said Atalanta anime weekend
I was thinking it was some kind of sub-promotion with an additional rate up on Atalanta for Apocrypha's first cour showing up on Netflix or something. I was disappointed when I realized it was just 10 free quartz for some anime convention in Murderville, GA.

More tickets when

now user, you should know by now that they specialize in disappointment

>have 4 5 stars
>friends don't use them because shit luck rolling good CEs

Disappointment doesn't even cover it at this point.
I had blown all my quartz and this 10 put me over 30 so I did a 10 pull since I still don't have Drake.
>Artoria
>Primeval Magic
>8 3 star CE's

>have a 90 Kintoki
>everybody uses my 60 Carmilla instead

>decide to do a single memeticket roll
>Eurayle

Hue

I'm prepared for Camelot now I guess.

Get her to NP5 you dip

I'm surprised they still haven't added a good chunk of the Apocrypha servants to the game yet.

I'm prepared to be disappointed as Achilles is only a 3* because of how hard it was for him to beat Hector.

Usually they add certain batches of servants during a crossover kind of event.

They're waiting for Apocrypha event to hand out the rest of them. Can't have Apocrypha event before its the right time though, or else the plot will be spoilers for the anime.

>we won't get to see Achilles interact with Hector and Penthilesia

Didn't Achilles end up killing Hector in the end and then dragging around his corpse behind his chariot?

Star ratings have nothing to do with in-universe/lore strength. Kojiro nearly beat Saber.

Seiba was also nowhere near her full power in that route

Let's be honest, all anyone really cares about is Semiramis.

Hector's an annoying guy

>He refers to himself as “mister” (old man) in his speech, and always fights on the battlefield with an easygoing attitude.
>He’s ruthless, but not cruel; skilled, yet not gifted. He faced other famous heroes besides Achilles, without retreating a single step… or not; rather, he would often retreat two or three steps and then strike the enemy when their guard’s down, before running away again, and just when they think he’s far away, he throws mud at them; a-anyway, he prided himself at being the strongest when it comes to siege battles.

Kinda guy that throws away his pride or uses unfair tactics when losing, and then tries to rile up the opponent when running away. He'll do what he has to in order to not lose.

Achilles only tricked him into a fight in the end by creating the Duel Field technique, which would gimp all of Achilles abilities so they could fight on an even playing field. Hector couldn't pass up on the chance.

It's because Hector was really good at running away. Achilles was a roided up demi-god, Hector never stood a chance.

>Semiramis
>Achilles
>Chiron
>Solomon ibn Gabirol
Yeah that's a decent missing

>look it up
>Achilles chased him around the entire length of the Trojan wall 3 times
That's hilarious

Yes, they don't, which is stupid since they should. Stars directly translate to stats in-game, if a supposedly strong servant ends up as a 2 or 3 star they'll be piss weak even with grails.

Post THAT servant

>Hector sees Achilles, freaks out, runs away, Achilles chases him around the trojan walls, they do three full laps like this
>Eventually Hector mans up and tries to face Achilles head on, they chuck their spears at each other and both miss, but Athena teleports Achilles spear back to his hands
>Athena casts an illusion spell making Hector think his bro is standing right behind him saying "hey Hector, I grabbed you your spear"
>Hector turns around and says "thanks bro" before realizing he's been tricked
>turns around again and gets Achilles spear to the chest
>begs Achilles to return his body to his family, Achilles laughs and says no before dragging his corpse around the walls of troy again

Someone post that comic about Achilles being a giant dick

UBW Rin-Saber was the strongest Saber in the entire game.

I thought we were talking about when they fought in the Fate route.

That's a meme; Saber Alter is literally called the strongest version of Saber directly in the game three times, even stronger than she was in life. People don't like Saber Alter though, so they create odd rationalizations to say its wrong and UBW Saber is always better. If you tally up their stat totals Saber Alter is 20 points ahead as well. Its not that she actually lost abilities, she just min-maxed.

UBW Saber barely beat Koijirou, and even then it was only because he gimped himself. The only one who said UBW Saber was Saber at her peak was Shirou, who honestly didn't know shit. He never knew Saber at her peak. She was stronger for sure, but that's it.

If Saber Alter is stronger than Saber why is she a 4* while Saber is 5*?

Not him but like others said, the star shit makes no sense. Especially since Alter is a 5* in disguise since she has 5* stats.

The death of Hector will never not be hilarious. I always think of that Troy movie where Brad Pitt screams HECTOR a thousand times to goad him out, and they also recreate the chariot dragging.

Thanks for reminding me of how much I hated Achilles when I first read Iliad, literally a manchild that was born with too much power. Sure Agamemmon was a total shithead but Achilles wasn't that much better.

you know the one

Is it bad that the only reason I want a job right now is so I can spend more on gacha?

Kate Beaton is a blessing to humanity.

i got a job for FGO and then was fired for being too lazy so at least FGO confirmed to me the problem doesnt lie within me, but everyone else

>fired for personal problem
>it's everyone else's fault
Peak americunt

OBSESSED

How come Medusa's sisters are goddesses but she isn't

she got raped

Technically Medusa is a goddess as both the parents of the gordons were gods (Phorcys and Ceto). But for whatever reason Medusa was born mortal unlike his sisters.

her, I meant. I can't forgive myself for calling the most feminine gorgon a man.

Well according to Joseph Campbell the gorgons and Perseus's slaying of Medusa was a mythological allegory for Hellenic civilization (Greek) destroying the old religion that was based around a mother goddess.

>use all my quartz and tickets
>get nothing but 4/5* cards and not a single 4*+ servant

At least I got enough Euryales to max her NP... And on that topic

>Okeanos pickup pool has all the Okeanos story servants
>Except for Medea Lily

RIGHT UP YOURS ANIPLEX.

who else /gettingshitonbytheDrakebanner/ here?

I got what I wanted from my 10 roll (David and Euryale) so back to saving for lung disease-chan.

E~i!

>rolls memelin on JP

guess im jumping ship from alter

Is Euryale really that good or I'm just getting memed to death? Her stats seem average and her skill are shit, so whats so good about her?

Just some anons claiming their waifus

Only thing I've gotten that I've wanted is 3x Euryale but other than that it's been hot, spicy Keys and other crafts. I'm only 30 rolls deep though.

user you get a free David just for beating Okeanos

Thats one hell of a shit taste.

where do you think we are

good, no one wants you here

She can virtually stunlock a particularly hard boss in Camelot.

She is very very very good against Male Sabers and if you max out her NP this gets stupidly good.

And there's a few male Sabers you want her for.

>Not wanting to NP5 all the Silvers ASAP

You'll do that just from FP rolls

JUST

>You'll do that just from FP rolls

i can't even remember when was the last time i got a silver servant from fp rolls... That shit is like non-existent for me.

I just image Achillies screaming "get back here you little shit" at Hecktor like the scenes from Jackass where Preston chases Wee-man

Alter is physically stronger and can prana burst more due to endless prana from the wormslut but her other stats all degrade and her skills and fighting ability also decrease.

She trades skill for power. She can bulldoze her way through shit but she would lose against someone like her original self who can outskill and outfight her

>already had an NP5 David before being given a welfare one by completing Okeanos

T-thanks, DW

Ded

>Koujirou gimped himself

In what universe is Saber smashing his sword out of shape with her mighty blows until his ultimate technique won't work anymore Koujirou gimping himself?

Damn Hector is fucking cool. He's one of my favorite figures from mythology and his Fate incarnation is fantastic.

What's the deal with his spear, though? How can it be the prototype of Durandal? Is there any mythological justification for something like that, or is it something Nasu just made up?

Is the GUDAGUDA event confirmed?

>GUDAGUDA
>Updated dailies
NA is alive bros

The background info you unlock in the game says that Hector took his sword and extended the handle so it could be a throwing spear because it better suited his preferred tactics. In the Illiad the feat Hector is most recognized for is his throwing spear nearly piercing the shield of Ajax, aka the Rho Aius, and there are several references to the deadliness of his thrown spears beyond that, which is probably why he's Lancer despite the mythological link between his sword and Rolands.

As for that link, the idea that Durandal was original the sword of Prince Hector reforged using the relics of saints before being given to Roland is from Orlando Furioso, but I wouldn't be surprised if its a much older folk tale than that. Europeans traced the lines of their noble families and relics back to Troy for thousands of years before that book was written.

Side note, I once designed a Saber version of Hector that used a sword version of Durindana along with Achilles old armor that he took of Patroclus as his NPs. I was pretty pleased when FGO came out with Hector and the official name for his proto-Durendal was the same one my research led me to use.

According to someone on /fgog/, yes

>sword of Prince Hector reforged using the relics of saints
That's so chuuni, I love it.

The Iliad is chuuni as fuck mate.

Yeah, according to the Song of Roland, the hilt of the sword was infused with a tooth of Saint Peter, the blood of Basil of Caesarea, a hair of Saint Denis, and a piece of the raiment of the Holy Mother, Mary. That's a pretty chuuni list.

So if I stole a pair of Jeanne's panties, and used them to soak up some of Martha's sweat, and then duct-taped them to the handle of one of Shrou's Black Keys, I could make my own holy sword?

wait is God real in the nasuverse? Or are all these relics given power by the overworld or w/e its called

Only if you then use the sweat-soaked panties to jerk off George and then make Amakusa drool on them. You need FOUR saint's bodily fluids!

It's called the 'root' and all the mages are huge autists about wanting to reach it

The True God is the first mage that reached the root and has nothing to do with anything. YHWH/Allah is powerful because of 3 billion believing in him right now and that faith gives those relics their power.

>got this from beating waver's interlude
t-thanks

literally just finished that and thought i wasn't gonna get quartz at the very least
fortunately i tapped one screen ahead before i had an actual meltdown

Since Blackbeard was born after 1573, would servants summoned in Okeanos have any knowledge of him when they learnt his name?

servants possess complete knowledge so they know the background of servants that come after them.

No, God is specifically outside the Root, according to Aoko is Mahoyo. What they want to do is reach the exit.

This is all headcanon from a taken out context line in DDD which isn't even proper Nasuverse. We know the path to God who lives outside the Root is the Magecraft Solomon gave to men, or rather, his descendants who became the magi.

>The True God is the first mage that reached the root and has nothing to do with anything.
This is all speculation from BL who are always getting BTFO.
The "he doesn't care" is a line out of context from an edgelord in DDD which a strong bias and bleak outlook. That was a long time ago, and not in a proper Type Moon work either.

>YHWH/Allah is powerful because of 3 billion believing in him right now and that faith gives those relics their power.
The Abrahamic God is called God in Nasuverse by Nasu and by the characters for a reason. Not Allah, not YHWH, simply "God", an existence that is "neither dead or alive" according to Nasu. Goetia said he (the one whom Solomon was agent of) made the fucking planet, so there you go. He also handed men their new magecraft which destroyed the ages of gods and would allow men to eventually find a path to reach his throne out the Root.
This was all when his only "worship" was a lot of slaves while the Egyptians got power and prestige.

The God that has favored the Abrahamic religious old heroes and other Servants (Hassan, Merlin) isn't linked to any concept of religious faith or the Holy Church. His chosen one's children are the magi.

Nicely placed hat

What servant, other than Medb, is most likely to put out, given enough money?

>tfw stupid cat interlude gives 4 claws and quartz
>her profile update further cements her as the purest and best girl

Have you given your Sushi her daily headpats yet?

jack every thread until she can be adopted

medb gf

>wanting a gf that comes home reeking of jizz every night

Gross.

Alter gf

My moon is bad, Is she asking what a slut is? That's fucking adorable.