/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Ded thread edition

Previous thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via system transfer, hardmod or magnethax)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Sep 20] Notehax, yet another userland exploit, was released. mrnbayoh.github.io/notehax/
[Sep 12] ntrboot is now compatible with r4igold.cc and AR DS cards. gbatemp.net/threads/release-ntrboot-for-r4igoldcc-ards-ez-ardsi.483802/
[Sep 1] Anemone3DS is a new theme manager. gbatemp.net/threads/482804

>Switch
[Sep 5] 3.0.2 released, expands multiplayer to new regions. Nintendo patched a major exploit with the release of 3.0.1.

>Wii U
[Sep 21] Nintendont now supports the Wii U gamepad. There's also a forwarder channel that allows injecting Wii and GC VC. gbatemp.net/threads/483007/page-56#post-7578188

>Vita
[Sep 22] VitaShell 1.74 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell/releases/
[Sep 22] NoNPDRM 1.1 github.com/TheOfficialFloW/NoNpDrm
-More info pastebin.com/ELptKruf
[Sep 17] psvgamesd released. Creates complete dumps of cartridge-based games, regardless of firmware. github.com/motoharu-gosuto/psvgamesd
[Sep 4] New Adrenaline 6 release. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/BernardoGiordano/Checkpoint
mega.nz/#!BWhGhQaB!iMLIjCMbAvN3IIsLanHnX2sKYp2BTF1FZTmTOlfYJf8
youtube.com/embed/W_qKd-OEzUo
shapeways.com/product/76RHQ7ZEW/3dstick-metal-3ds-circle-pad
psdevwiki.com/ps3/SKU_Models
twitter.com/ZeraTron_/status/914152624387223552
3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Can you play original cartridges on a hacked Vita without fucking it up?

3.61+ sooner or later right?

No. Vita is dead. Everyone plays Switch these days.

Yes. No 3.61 games though.

Fuck. What's the fucking point since you can just pirate those?

>since you can pirate those
Not on the Vita, though.

Can someone give me a hand? I'm not sure what's gone wrong. I have al9h and Luma on 11.6 cfw, and I can't play my supercard dstwo (not the plus, just the regular one, the DS flashcart) anymore. I used to be able to do it on the 11.whatever firmware (I think 11.3) on al9h but now I can't. It's been updated and it plays on my DSlites and my 2DS with just vanilla sysNAND/emuNAND on 9.2, but I don't know why it's decided to stop being registered on my o3DS. It just says there's no card in there.

Might be a dumb question but, do any other cartridges still work?
maybe it's just your module slot that is broken and has nothing to do with firmware at all

Not a dumb question, I thought the exact same thing, so I tried my legit 3ds games on it (eg Mirror of Fate and Pokemon X) and they worked fine.

Try to nudge it a little bit when it's inside. It's got to be a problem with the pins as Nintendo hasn't touched TWL_FIRM, and therefore their whitelist hasn't changed, in ages (last time was 7.6 or something).

Huh, it's started working again, it must be that the pins don't work. I nudged and wriggled all the time for two days and it decides to work now of all times. How interesting. At least I know it's not a software issue.

github.com/BernardoGiordano/Checkpoint
I think this looks interesting.Has a nice UI.

Is this only because jksm hasn't been updated?

I still use JKSM but I thought this looked interesting.If it gets updated alot then maybe it can replace it.

>GPLv3
That alone makes it already better than JKSM, as it doesn't have any license.
Nonfree garbage should die off.

So I tried yesterday to "emulate" Pokemon HeartGold with TWLoader, nontheless I expected some slowdowns but getting stuck after every door? is that so common or is because I'm executing the .3DSX and not installing the .cia?

The original Pokemon HG rom may have had this problem with anti-piracy, iirc. Is yours patched?

I thought that one too, I tried first the Xenophobia one (the patched) and didn't even startedthen I found a clena one and it happens this.

Apparently some interesting things have been happening with Not64 and WiiSX lately, and we can play games at better framerates on the Wii U!

Are these ports from the Wii to Wii U?

turns out you can overclock the vwii somewhat

That's rad, I want to hear more about this. Can you also enable additional cache, maybe even the whole 2MB of core 1?

What are some homebrew that only install tickets? CIAngel used to do this but since the old 3ds keys database changed, it has a new one. But this new CIAngel apparently only install .cia directly to SD card and I have to install it again on FBI?
Don't bother with Freeshop since I prefer going to official eShop and click download.

>someone on the GBAtemp help thread is asking for a way to pirate 3ds games without cfw and being passive aggressive when people tell him flashcarts suck now

Why are forumfags so entitled?

STAR FOX 2 RIP WHERE?

It's funny because there is a way to play games without CFW or flashcarts. Well, a limited number of games anyway.

mega.nz/#!BWhGhQaB!iMLIjCMbAvN3IIsLanHnX2sKYp2BTF1FZTmTOlfYJf8
now

Was it also not worth the wait?

How close in your humble opinion is the Switch close to being 'cracked'? I want to buy one and want to be a filthy pirate for certain games.

Ty sweetcakes

It was worth the wait since that's how 9.9fags had to play games before CFW.

Behind the scenes it's totally cracked already. We'll hear more in December most likely then MAYBE get to play some Kickass shit in February.
Full blown piracy in early 2019 depending on how Nintendo fixes shit, which with Switch has actually been better than their previous consoles thus far.

That's good, it'll be around when all the big games are out. I really want to support good games like that FF clone and Shakedown Hawaii but I'm kinda broke. I wonder what the price drop will be by 2019, I could start saving.

has the jp diva f 2nd dlc been dumped yet?

why do so many people on sites like gbatemp and 3dsiso still refuse to let go of flashcarts?

there is literally no reason to use one to play 3ds games anymore, so why do they insist on going through hoops to do it? what's in it for them?

Money spent.

Why are people here so opposed to more options? Did the tranny memes to get to everyone?
GW still works to this day and is easy to use, so why try and stop people? Especially when it can be dualbooted with Luma anyway, technically making it superior to just plain CFW use.

is GW even getting updates for new firmwares?

I still use my gateway (barely) because some of my old saves are .savs and I have a 2DS that can play it (ironically which cost as much as a GW itself on eBay). If anyone can link me a way to make the GW .savs in a .cia compatible format, feel free.

Other than that I wouldn't touch it.

No, it's just a waste of money. That's like buying a really shitty car even though you already got a really good one.

Supposedly, but probably not as they've moved onto StarGate now.

JKSM can, though I've had problems with a few games not being recognised.

I wouldn't recommend buying one now but if you've had a GW since 2014 then it's a hassle to convert everything to .cia. Again, you can use both. This isn't a one or the other situation.

Should I get a switch right now if I want to be able to pirate when the time comes?

So let me get this straight before I buy a n3ds:

To play pirated 3ds games I need to set up b9s+cfw through soundhax following the 3ds guide page;

To play pirated ds games I need a r4i gold flashcard? Is that it?

If for some reason the 3DS is on firmware 11.4 or above you'd need a flashcard anyway, but sure.

Of course.

If I have a flashcard do I need to do the b9s+cfw at all?

You'd need the flashcard FOR b9s.

Yes faggot

yes retard
after that you can just wipe your ass with the flashcart for all the use it's gonna have after unless it's compatible with DS games

>but probably not as they've moved onto StarGate now.
Oh boy, I thought you were bullshitting.

youtube.com/embed/W_qKd-OEzUo

>changing games with a physical button
Surely that will last.

Hang on are you saying I don't need the flashcard at all after I installed b9s?

I thought b9s enables you to play 3ds games through the eshop while a flashcard enables you to play downloaded ds games from an SD card

You don't need a flashcart. Install the freeshop app and it works just like an eshop that is free. Hence the name. It installs cias on the SD card.

It has the """benefit""" of working like a Sky3DS so it's just plug n play. So it's great for retards but also has ntrboot functionality which makes the card redundant afterwards too so

A hacked 3DS at the NAND level (like A9LH/B9S provides) allows you to do literally anything within the 3DS' capability including directly editing system files with godmode9 or getting files from your computer or off the net with FTPD or FBI/Freeshop respectively. The only thing the 3DS can't do is natively load DS roms from the SD like a regular VC title/inect, which a flashcart can do just fine.

Hey guys
Is it safe to copy all of my SD card from my NDS (luma3DS, a9lh) and store it in my computer. I need to use my SD card for school and such. Will I still be able to play my games when I load the saved folder back to the SD card?

is the cost of developing and manufacturing flashcarts still worth conning a handful of retards that don't understand homebrew? who buys these?

They must be considering their prices haven't raised over the years.

Oh ok I see thanks.

DSTT is only like 7 bucks and it works fine, having all of the DS games you feel like playing in one card is way better than you'd expect. As for gateway that thing has long since had its use and might as well be a historical piece for collectors

you could always run a racket hacking 3DSes in your local area but if nobody you know has a 3DS and you don't like DS games then just throw it in the trash

Did that one user ever manage to rip Earth Defense Force on the vita for us? I remember seeing them asking for help ripping it as nonpdrm.

Please help

if you have al9h then yeah

Make multiple copies, preferably in an external drive.

I did edf2017 but I don't have edf2

Sorry, I have b9s, still good to go?

Yes. Except b9s doesn't rely on the SD for booting, so at worst you'd lose your games and saves.

Just got a Classic NES o3DS XL with 11.0 on it for $50, but the circle pad's a bit torn up. What would you guys recommend for a replacement?

Some new circle pad rubbers off ebay?

ok thanks. I'll back up the saves with JSV. I can just redownload the games

shapeways.com/product/76RHQ7ZEW/3dstick-metal-3ds-circle-pad
Wish I had seen that before I tore up a circle pad pro to salvage a replacement.

Where did you end up posting EDF 2017?

And how exactly are you going to play those pirated 3.61 games on a non-hacked console?

retard.

Can you downgrade a 4.81 PS3 to 3.55?

Only if it was ever at 3.55.

most likely as I've had this PS3 for a long time

Check its model.

psdevwiki.com/ps3/SKU_Models

It's a pretty involved process that, while not requiring soldering, does involve buying a kit and cracking that beast open

twitter.com/ZeraTron_/status/914152624387223552
So 1.76 can play games requiring higher firmwares, dpeending on the limitations this could be great.

says PS3 started at 2.76

rad

Xenoblade Time bois.

What?

what would you do with a PS3 devtool /hbg/

Thought I'd ask here. Already checked /ywg/

Does anyone have a QR for Yokai Watch 2: Psychic Spectres? It's not yet up on the freeshop and I haven't had much luck finding it.

Sell it for cash to a emu developer.

I can't do this anymore /hbg/
I need to play Mary Skelter. Im updating my shit

no dad no

just opened my 3ds today after months. it's still on a9lh and 11.4. should i just update it to the latest version 11.6(?) so i can download the dlc for mh stories?

Sure why not.

anyways. is b9s optional?

I'm trying to follow 3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s but at the end of step 1 it has folders like files9 nd hblauncherloader which arent mentioned anywhere before that and its missing cias and gm9
what do I need to do

For the moment it is.

evidently no emudevs want them

Looks like a VCR in the thumbnail.

I just hacked a n3ds and followed the guide, I have b9s 1.2 and 11.6 firmware. luma 8 sucks though, is it possible to go back to 7.0.5 or am I stuck?

>metal
That's nice and all, but I just want something exactly like the old thing, also cheap.

Why does the guide need to mention every folder? Are you too dumb to make folders that don't exist?
Do you need the guide to tell you to breathe at regular intervals too?

Those folders are there because probably you have them from previous hacks. It's okay if you don't have them and the cias folder is only so you can have things organized. Just make sure you have gm9 and its contents. The cias one is only needed if you want luma updater.

it says to make folders in the root and put files in those folders but then the picture doesnt have those folders in the root. should I delete them? should I make empty folders called files9 and hblauncherloader?