/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

Renaissance edition

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Captain MP mode gamplay :
youtube.com/watch?v=c_3el4IAevg
youtube.com/watch?v=JaUBg7Ynmwk

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/27

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin/the sub-forum

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/ZesXLTP3

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

New Modules :
>Custom Troop Trees
moddb.com/mods/custom-troop-trees/downloads/custom-troop-trees-03092017
1257 map is shit
>CTT for Dickplomacy+Polygamy Bugfix
mega.nz/#!dgQSlKhY!qudd7noj5rQHfagLq-adDzn1c7X3HHawmA3TbCy0CH0

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,354735.0.html
mediafire.com/download/2i9jmxddnylyn1x/1257AD_modded_final.7z
mediafire.com/file/5w4pk9tbh0yuwvd/1257_fixed_sieges.7z
dropbox.com/s/ggl8c6ylrx2eja6/1257AD_modded.zip?dl=0
dropbox.com/s/bnj4lcihjw8rvoh/1257AD Modded ver 0.2.zip?dl=0
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord
mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Right_to_rule
youtube.com/watch?v=pwfTzgkTzXA&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'll start new guy in 1257, is that user modded 1257 much better than dunno, some other 1257s?
I have this one:
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,354735.0.html
but I didn't see much of difference except few tracks (quite neat) and bloodstains
What do I miss?

Now I only have to help Valdym.

You know Bannerlord would be released if it weren’t a Turkish company, right? These lazy third worldwide never get anything done.

nice hat OP
is BL adding scarves or did I dream that?

aaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

There are some variations of 1257 made by some anons here.
mediafire.com/download/2i9jmxddnylyn1x/1257AD_modded_final.7z

mediafire.com/file/5w4pk9tbh0yuwvd/1257_fixed_sieges.7z

dropbox.com/s/ggl8c6ylrx2eja6/1257AD_modded.zip?dl=0

dropbox.com/s/bnj4lcihjw8rvoh/1257AD Modded ver 0.2.zip?dl=0

enjoy

thing is that my connection is far inferior to my potatoe, is there any list of changes somewhere?

I don't need these stuff for 1257 from pastebin, except "12th"
No idea what does it do
what does it do?

Is there a variable for headshot damage multiplier?
I've been trying different armor values, but I think headshots may be the actual problem with arrows hitting too hard even with plate armor.

Recent events is slightly complicated. To understand it, there are some concepts you need to be aware of. At any given time, your party has an ACTUAL morale and an IDEAL morale. The latter is what morale SHOULD be based on party size, leadership skill and food variety. When you look at the morale breakdown in the party morale report, you'll see all those factors (along with the base morale of 50) and of course "recent events".

Recent events essentially just represents the difference between ideal morale and actual morale at any given moment. How does it become negative? Well, there's morale losses from things like losing battles, starvation, killing your own men, etc; but the bigger source is it being used to make morale adjust gradually instead of fluctuating wildly as you swap men between your party and garrison, buy or run out of food, etc. At a given moment maybe your morale is exactly equal to your ideal morale, which is only 50 due to being low on food. You then splurge on various meats, butter, cheese, etc and bring ideal morale way up to like 90. Instead of your actual morale just shooting up immediately, it stays at 50, so recent events has to drop to -40 to make everything add up correctly. Then as time progresses, recent events just naturally moves toward 0, bringing your actual morale up or down as appropriate. If you have actual and ideal morale both at 90 but then suddenly add 100 new troops to your party, this is what stops your morale instantly becoming 0. Instead, recent events is +90 and if you don't find a way to bring ideal morale up quickly you'll see that start dropping like a rock.

what mod?
did you check how it changes with range?

The first one has reworked troop trees and changed some weapon stats, also removed some anachronistic weapons while adding new ones that are appropriate for the era. It also includes some sieges layout improvement.
The second is a graphical mod for 1257ad. It is based from user 1257, so the save game incompatibility is not an issue and it contains reworked vegetation assets, new tracks, and some town layout improvement. The ver 2.0 is a patch that supposedly to fix AI siege bug that caused archers not firing their weapons.
Both mod is around 1.5G

>I think headshots may be the actual problem with arrows hitting too hard even with plate armor

Have you ever noticed how plate armor has a "body armor" stat and helmets have a "head armor" stat?

thanks mate, I think it won't hurt to check the 1st one
unless it nerfs heavy saber, it's perfect 1h for bunch of retards (companions)

>heavy saber
Afaik, I don't think that weapon exists in both mods.

Dickplo.
Doesn't change much. There's a variable for that too?

I have, and when I say plate armor, I also mean helmet.
You can wear a winged great helmet and you still get fucked by headshots from weak units.

woah. This is so deep

Thanks, I think I understand now.
It's probably because even I don't completely run out of food, the food variety drops and that's why it's negative even though I don't take long to resuply.

shame, but it's mayby bit too OP
It's gg for companions with high PS since it doesn't have "special characteristics (f,e, trust w/ pierce dmg" which they would use so wrong (and which cost you few dmg points on top of that)
E. Scimtar/2h it is then

It's counterintuitive, but it actually works the other way around, you need your ideal morale to go UP for recent events to go negative (they balance each other out, keeping total morale the same when things change). So either dropping off troops in a garrison or buying food. Negative recent events is actually a good thing, because it means your morale is going to passively go up over time. As long as it's currently above 30, the threshold for desertion, negative recent events means you can rest easy and not worry about morale.

Didn't you see that you can't 1-shoot sea rider from +10.0 range even with 10 pd and mw warbow? despite you can 1-shoot pretty much everything from close/mid-close range with that setup
I don't know any numbers, but it is variable for sure

Also because both mods shared the same troop trees and item stats, you will never find 2 handed swords. And most of weapons market sells shitty peasants weapons, so it's kinda rare to find good weapons.

That's not what I meant, but I can 1shot anything with a headshot. Anyway, Sea Riders wear mail armor, so it's fine by me they don't die from one arrow at long range.
Headshots are the problem,arrows barely do anything at range with plate armor, but headshots still hit you for heavy damage. At range, a body shot would hit for 0-3 and a headshot for 25-30. While wearing a full helmet.

>+10.0 range
That sounds very specific, can you measure range somehow?

I've been thinking about heavy shortened scythe to be specific. I think I'll be ok. He messed with bows too? He should've 2bh (6k for best bow and quiver together is pretty funny, even if I love it)

after every hit it gives you diff. multiplier, it's not excatly range (it's higher if target/archer are in motion f.e., also it's 120% higher for headshoots) but under the same condition (i.e. you and target are not moving) it can be used as distance meassure (half baked, but that's only one that I know)

Ah, you mean shot difficulty.
Was wondering if there was a better way to measure shot distance.
I know 1257AD shows it after each shot.

yup, range seems to have more impact on damage, too. (unless I've been trippin, which is always slightly possible)

Ranged weapons are buffed up in both mods. Crossbows can be used on horseback, but some are not like arbalest for example.

just to clarify. we are speaking about differences 1257 non-user version and er and one of 2 user's version of 1257, right? Not differences 1257 and Native?

ye

he made ranged even stronger?? Why?

Because historical accuracy.

at worst I won't use them then
yeah, sure :^)

HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK

ITS FINALLY BEEN ANNOUNCED

CHECK THE PAGE

ITS FINALLY HERE

WAHAHWHAWHAHWHAWHAHWHA

taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord

I know this is just some bait attempt, but you chose some dumb wording. Bannerlord was ANNOUNCED years ago.

Is there any reason to ever stop being a Merc and become Vassal in 1257?
>All costs covered by Merc payment
>Can invest surplus in enterprises
>Switch allegiance at Will
>Make noble friends
>No Worries about my Villages being raided
>Ca replace all losses immediately by hiring new Merc lances

At this point the only reason I see to become a Vassal would be that I can rebel and from my own kingdom instead of having to take a fief all on my own

getting RtR, there is no way (I don't know such) w/o being vassal
Not to mention that it's pain in the ass as vassal anyway (these wars are so fucking long, you get like 15 from manor etc, not nuff)

also higher risk of bankruptcy

This is Swadian soil.

yup, the solutions is tournaments- easy, effective, you are not like don on leash tied to one village and so on
it's viable when you are vassal for benefits and dont give a fuck about your faction really. Might look different when you are on your own, I don't know

How old is that by now

>Switch allegiance at Will

based

>Try this out
>hit and hit and can't do any damage to enemy with my weapon

Into the trashbin it goes

This soil has been claimed in the name of King Graveth, all butterniggers must leave immediately.

Choose your starting town.

Jamaica

Anal Beads

bad choice of weapons, or enemies or both

I didn't know retexturing can be so much fun.
I'm a bit sad that sea combat isn't in bannerlord, i really liked it in VC.

Sunor

Sauce on the OP's Pic? I know its bannerlord.

You need to practice, son.

don't be stupid

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

what about that dynasty warriors mod?

play 1257 and fuck off
no offence %^)

Shut the fuck up you subhuman slav, stop acting like you own the place, or I'll fly to whatever plague infested shithole you live in and shove a potato up your asshole

Danustica

Just wait for that chink standalone

There are a bunch of slav shitters in these threads you need to be more precise

that wasn't on purpose, sorries
besides I would post less if anyone bother to post more

it was just some banter m8

He's just fucking ass blasted.
Keep it up. I wish I could get so into a playthrough. I have yet to find one that I like and keeps me engaged.

we are last thing that keep you posting, what an irony

i kno, thats my passive agressive combo
(im not sure if it's properly working tho

btw, I learned how to cap videos, so if you liiked my dx7 pics- now there will come in motion :^)
(and potatoe didn't explode, today is day of miracles)

I was wondering why recruiting lords never works, turns out everyone has 90+ relation with their lieges.

I like you.

It is weird that ddg and rtsg died. But mbg still surviving and the quality seems a bit better (I think, compared to couple months ago) with Veeky Forums postings. Not even twg can be this comfy anymore.

i'll rape you

fuck, these are only moments when I don't know what to post %^)
im off, making deep vid about village raiding

That's actually Historically Accurate.
Keep going!

I don't betray, I just move on when there's nothing to gain. Right now I'm helping the Byzantines finish off the Latins, once that's done I'll probably move to Italy or fight for the Crusaders. Either way I'm not bound to some Area but can fight and loot all over Europe.
Afaik you gain RtR whenever your kingdom makes peace, even if you're a mercenary. My plan is to do that until I can fill in the missing rest with my Manor before I revolt. Also, I think you gain RtR by marrying.
Speaking of which , whats a good minimal amount of RtR to make your own kingdom?

i'll kill ya

35 is bare minimum, 50++ is the safe limit.
In 1257ad, everyone will try to curb your territory, even though you have 99 RtR and a fuck ton of vassals

Will you drink from my skull, Big Guy...?

you could gain RtR by sending an emissary.
Talk to your minister, send an emissary, pick a faction, select "I wish to express my goodwill to other monarch" something like that. If they accept your message you get right to rule.

I keep seeing posted that low RtR makes other factions declare war on you more often, but wiki says it does not.
mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Right_to_rule

Which one is it?

i'll drink yer skull

More RtR == More vassals that want to join you.
But I think having RtR in the beginning really helps, so you can have more vassals, which in turn can help you if some factions declared war on you.

Just picked up Viking Conquest. Is the story mode any good?

idk

It's ok

Alright, I'll try it out.

Would porting assets from ACOK into AWOIAF work out well? I love AWOIAF but some of the armors look retarded.

If you know what you are doing with openBRF, it should be fine. It's just porting meshes and textures.

I never did my kingdom, so 2bh I don't even know,
Deep video about villages: "Smile of the peasant"
youtube.com/watch?v=pwfTzgkTzXA&feature=youtu.be

Obligatory photo of Cozur negotiating with Docm.

this is gold

Shitters? In MY /mbg/?
It's more likely than you think.

>Cozur got raped
>adds himself as a trap into ACOK
He's gay isn't he

Where can I find the thing he says that implies that he was once raped?

his tenderized boi pussy

I'm posting The Humungus, The Lord Humungus, The Warrior of the Wasteland, The Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla in honour of the original Humungus poster until we get a good post-apocalyptic mod.

>tags: mind_break

Is Star Wars Conquest any good? Seems interesting.

Lads, does anyone knows how to "integrate" the VC Dog submod with user's one? I really like the doggo