/scg/ /edg/ Elite Citizen: Star Dangerous General #207

ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe

Elite Dangerous v2.4 is online with improvements to base game and dlc content for you to enjoy.

Retaliation Trailer*
youtube.com/watch?v=38bHNSB4cDM

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

*Not actual game footage

>newFAQs
pastebin.com/zS3Nv5Ru

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Old:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ITHeolo4CwQ
steamcharts.com/app/359320
twitter.com/AnonBabble

One bug left till Evocati release

2nd for space muslims

>Mohammed is the most popular birth name in London
>Criminal Mastermind
>Low value
>Our organisations have been booming

Is SC going to have Christian servers with no cussing?

youtube.com/watch?v=ITHeolo4CwQ

Enjoying your Rhea grind CMDRs? Who knows if they'll even fix it by Tuesday or maybe it will go until 2.5!

Real CMRDs can get to Hutton in 5 minutes from anywhere this side of Sag A. Come on with your exploit-a-conda, the wife is out washing a dirty one with the girls, so I got nothing but time.

Fuck no. No Carebear server for your sensitive children either.

Proof that Fdev is so lazy they just made a webpage skimmer bot rather than a randomization engine to generate quest text?

Watch it magically go back up next week after the current sale.
On that note, the X1 flopped super hard.

Totally forgot my micro-jump FSD that I just bought from that new engineer.

Be there asap! (after I grab another cold one (Craft brew this time!) and put Latiqusha to sleep) =)

Oh, that's fucking hilarious. 6-8 weeks of pipeline and it barely cleared 500k. That didn't even pay most of the overhead, much less salary to create.

Why does I always answer just as the thread die ?

>Okay, lets say I have a stock Idris.
1) all parts are also stolen, even if the buyer could forget to check, those part are 90% capital-ship, people will be more wary.
2) the market will be limited to people who have an illegal capital ship but didn't get standard equipment with them. So outlaw scavenger.
3) time cost efficiency come into play. It doesn't matter if a scam give you 10 buck every month if playing normally with the Idris would give you 1000 buck per week (which it require you to have one, preferably not being pursued by UEE Polaris for being stolen, and to not be waiting for a new one)

bargaining phase: you BLOWING IT UP and then SCAVENGE ITS PARTS, then remember the insurance replacement time will increase each time unless you pay.

>For instance what if someone intentionally lets their ship get destroyed by AI, then another player kills the AI and takes all the components that are still workable
0) You have to fight the AI who destroyed capital ship.
1) That's nowhere sophisticated, it's easy to track and just a table that give a warning if anything loop. Other game do it and silently ban the player (or with luck the ingame insurance just rescind your LTI) just stop pretending that CIG can't make as much anti-cheat system than other game.
Unlike IRL insurance scam the game have absolute knowledge of everything and you can't change that without serious hacking.
2) Developer will obviously be in the loop, with a form letter saying "we are smarter than your scam, enjoy your ban".
3) Time-cost efficiency again. While you sell 10 buck worth of scrap, you aren't doing 1000 buck worth of mission for the next week, then month and don't have an Idris, hope you bought two LTI or more to destroy them in loop.

Do passenger jobs still count towards your trading rank?

I don't know what they expected. The Dragonfly and Nox already covered both ends of the "spacebike" spectrum and at this point having some inbetween thing (that's also ugly as fuck) doesn't really add anything novel.

They are expecting it to flop that's why they didn't market it.

Woah...

If you suspend greed, there is no plausible explanation when they don't have the third racing ship done yet, and the Dfly isn't a racing ship but is shown on a racetrack.

Also agree that it is fuck ugly and not thought out at all. It's the type of ship they have to make because a Chris lost a bet.

>They are expecting it to flop

I don't understand this logic. Why would the game nearing 3.0 release cause the X1 to sell better? That is the arguement, right?

The argument is that they may or may not deliberately lower the bug count before a sale to make it seem like the patch is closer, causing people to buy into the hype more easily.
The same happened with the Cyclone sale in July and with the 600i sale at Gamescom, though in the latter case the increased bug count after the sale can in theory be attributed to the amount of people who played on the showfloor finding bugs QA didn't catch yet.

For the basic delivery mission types, yes. The exploration types go toward your exploration rank. Funny thing that.

This is literally the type of shit civilizations get wiped out for. Plenty of ancient people deified animals, none of them made it.

Still waiting for someone to shop the money onto her face. Begging for it.

They should have used the nox's design for origin's flying crotch rocket and made the weird ass ugly standing bike thing the alien vehical. It probably would have gone over better

Then people would have mocked them not being original

I can see how getting mocked for shitty design and not having a purpose would be preferred.

Space is fun
No mans sky is fun
Sean Murray is fun

can you turn off that garbage running down the side of the screen?

It's on nexus mods and has a mod manager. You can do almost anything you want.

>nexus mods

Elite Dangerous will never be good
No Man's Sky will always be shit
Star Citizen will never be

yeah, but in ten years though...

Just like all the other single player games. Big Fat Lie is all the worst things about E:D combined with single player survival where can neither freebuild nor terraform. Its like subnautica in space except shitty and half assed. Where the "story" is just a bunch of progress bars.

Why would you want to play a single player version of the autism powered pvp genre? Its like eating a Hamburger without the burger or toppings or condiments.

>PvP
>in ED
>with both parties consent
Get your theorycrafting out of here. I've got almost 400 hours in ED, I know better.

>NMS
>single player pvp
You are an idiot.

I was more refering to the endless pointless grind of resources/credits with the only goal being getting a better ship. and the "skating rink, melted in the summer" tier depth of play. Sure theres lots of water but it's only 3 inches deep.

>Infinite procedural worlds
>where you will do the exact same three thing over and over and over and over.

I can't tell which game you mean. That's literally both of them.

reading comp = 0

NMS is a Survival game, a genre given longevity and playability by its emergent pvp and multiplayer nature, except NMS doesn't have pvp or multiplayer at all. Meaning it has not potential for emergent gameplay, and it lacks even the creative potential of minecraft, since it doesnt let you alter the terrain or build on a scale smaller than prefab structures, you can even play legos by yourself in space. Its a game with less depth of play than Rust, where the depth of play is "loot ruins" "loots garbage" "mine/harvest resources" "craft weapons/equipment" "go blow up someone elses shit and steal all their stuff so you can steal and loot more ad infinitum while using your loot to make your bass progressively more unlootable."

The lack of pvp totally shoots the entire "survival game" thing in the dick. becasue all the threats become rapidly trivial, predictable,repetitive that game has no capacity to innovate its challenge because there's no other human in play and all that there is to do now is the same stuff again on a different procedurally worthless planet.

>every game with survival mechanics must be pubg or I have a fit
you are an idiot

thats my point. Its E:D without even the distant potential for pvp, with no story or emergent potential or even economy to be exploited, its like E:D if literally all there was to do is grind credits and reps and get a bigger ship, except with shitty half assed cartoon graphics and spore aliens.

It has all the thing sthat make E:D suck and none of E:Ds few redeeming qualities.

>pubg is a survival game.
Nice strawman.
It's dayZ without bandits.
Rust without other players.
Subnatica except your subs are all armed and you can just shoot all the fish and sea monsters.

I don't give a shit what you think the distinction between those flavor of the month meme games is.

It's nothing at all like ED

>NMS anything but a meme game.
It's not even flavor of the month, because no one likes the taste of shit.

Discovering new sea monsters and fish types is actually fun in Subnautica and whereas discovering procedurally generated creatures in NMS is ultimately meaningless.

yeah and the fact that you have only that shitty little knife and the seamoths emp field to discourage them is part of what makes Subnautica interesting, Combined with the literal and figurative handcrafted depth of the game. Subnautica, being in my opinion the game NMS is most similar too, manages to give far more gameplay, far more story and far more varied and different environments to explore in one little patch of one planet than NMS does with infinite procedural copy paste.

it's not a survival game

>no one likes the taste of shit

Have you ever visited /d/

I bought into star citizen long ago, just some shitty starter ship for like £30, about what id expect for any old AAA game. I downloaded the beta//demo about 18months back and performance was terrible. i5 6600, r9 390, SSD and 16gb. Have there been any improvements on that front? is it worth me giving it another go??

>yeah and the fact that you have only that shitty little knife and the seamoths emp field to discourage them is part of what makes Subnautica interesting
The developers are trying to make a point with that, they are also trying to get a low PEGI/E10 rating.
In fact it's surprising they have torpedo at all.

no. and no. 3.0 "soon". if they don't have it out after a month get a refund.

Wait until you heard about 3.0 being out (no date given, they never manage to keep them)
Should include a few important features, especially procedural planet to land on

This. Buy Derek Smart's new battle royal game instead.

Anyone else having issues getting a full mission board at Rhea? Open and PG are either giving me a "no list" error message or just a partial list with 1-2 jobs per faction. Only mode that works consistently is solo.

You and 48,000 other people are cycling the mission board in that system, the mission server is probably overloaded for it.

>48k playing

>autism

o7 o7 o7 o7 o7 commanders o7 o7 o7 o7 o7

see you at jamemeson memeorial :-)

steamcharts.com/app/359320
I don't know if other platform have their own separate charts

Check the system traffic data on galnet at Rhea.

It's amazing that these retards never seem to grasp the whole spirit-animal thing anyways. The animals were chosen because they displayed or represented specific traits humans wanted to magnify in themselves by understanding the animal. You're not supposed to BE the animal you attention-seeking loser fuckwit.

Fly safe cmdr

>tfw im a black father who plays ED
guys come on quit playin..

is he wearing a corset?

no
plz no

I think the joke is that the stereotypical dad is so pussywhipped that he literally raises another man's child without hesitation.

Remember me, guys?

I have 15 mil in the bank total, an aspx and a cobra. What is the fastest and dirtiest money making scheme

Oh hey! It's me! I love me!

Woah she's cute. I really love her. Hope she's well and pushing the people to put out Star Citizen soon(tm).

so 3.0 is just about ready, whats the download/install size? i may need to make room on my ssd

>just about
It's gonna take at least another month.

you both have mental problems. I know that gets tossed around a lot, but legitimate malformed cerebral tissues

not if you're evocatus

about 100~200GB

FAT PAYDAY
A
T

P
A
Y
D
A
Y

seems like you could stack the fuck out of data deliveries for colonia

assuming im not an avocado

Why would you want to play a version of 3.0 in which everything but flying around is horribly broken?

old as fuck news brah

I'm actually surprised, this game isn't as dead as I thought

doesn't this also counts NPC ships on the system?

Nope. Only players.

It counts all entries, though, not just unique ones. Technically all 42k entrances could be made by just a few thousand players.

1. i get to play f1rst
2. someone needs to play, and even work, to really test they systems

becasue not helping test the systems just mean things can take longer, sometimes way longer

It's almost like that's what the PTU is for. That has always been released in waves based on issue council participation, making another exclusive group for those who earned the most good boy points with CIG is pointless.

warning commando, ur fart level is building up too high
find the nearest toilet to eject ur methane

>Right on, CMDR! is a real thing that's actually in the game
good fucking god I thought it was just some dadposting meme

>Mohammed England
that's just taking the piss

o7o7o7o7o7o7o7

I have legitimately made more credits today than all previous days combined thanks to Rhea.

I have been playing since the game's launch.

How much did you make?

About 300 Million so far, but I've been at it for about three hours.

Started in a Python, made enough money to outfit an Anaconda for Rhea runs, and I'm very close to having enough to fully outfit the Anaconda the way I want. (Combat)

That will cost over 600 million to outfit for combat.

I'm making almost 70 million per round trip.

Boy... You are abusing the system. The Frontier Dev doesn't owe you anything. They gave us a game and a universe. You should respect them and play the game the way it is supposed to be played. I didn't ask anything and yet, Braben delivered us a fantastic space simulation. I have personally thanked him via email, have you?

>They gave us a game
I don't know about you but I had to pay for the game. ie. an exchange. They got theirs now I'm gonna get mine.

nice
now if only i could get the fucking mission board working...