/indie/ Indie and Misc. Games General

Last thread:
please Genie, don't hurt 'em edition

>What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Rimworld, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Darkwood, Card City Nights 2, Braid, Monolith, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, West Of Loathing, Gone Home, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago and /jrpg/ is welcome.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

>Link to the winners of the GTP Indie Cup.
pastebin.com/u9TYjkj3

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/705610/Where_They_Cremate_The_Roadkill/
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=850347623
file.io/1fveZq
s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=38710298409649091261
68.media.tumblr.com/554f96e40f9ecd285c3be4e875528549/tumblr_ox5qq2h6ls1u193lvo2_1280.jpg
68.media.tumblr.com/8f760ffdcd035e24360a00302f52ba37/tumblr_ox5qq2h6ls1u193lvo3_1280.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=OOjXaAZHEQE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

remember that Middens + Gingiva sequel is out

store.steampowered.com/app/705610/Where_They_Cremate_The_Roadkill/

An /indie/ is fine too.

Immersion, accessibility and progression aside, a sequel is the right time to do major overhauls of a game's systems. Importing a level 25-30 character with all of its skills, feats and veteran specializations would put such a rigid restriction on what can be changed it's simply not worth it.

Try to buy a pistol mag, shotgun shell and a medium caliber bullet every day, in that order of importance. It will pay off.

Progression is really the main issue. Imagine reaching level 60 and crafting with 300+ quality super duper steel, it would be ridiculous.

On the other hand, I would get a real kick out of all the "I've been playing the first game for 120 hours only to find out 40 hours and 57 levels into the sequel that my build is no good!" posts.

I've been selling them because I'm poor as fuck. But I'm making much more since I got the shovel with double durability upgrade.

>Underrail 2
Huh, didn't know people like to plan their gaming schedule decades in advance.

Hey guys

Remember Grimoire?

Manastorm? Didn't it go F2P some time ago?

Why should Underrail 2 be a direct sequel with character importation? If you want to keep playing with your UR1 toon there can be an expansion. UR2 should be something new, and an action RPG with drop in coop

>2018
>I am... forgotten

Head like a fuckin orange

I have it on good authority that Styg is looking into continuing the franchise as a freemium mobile title with voice and face recognition and facebook integration.

Underrail 2 is already confirmed to be a cover shooter though.

GIF MODDO
GIF MODDO
GIF MODDO
GIF MODDO
GIF MODDO

No, that's Underrail 3. 2 is still a mystery.

file.io/1fveZq There you go. I'm not doing this again so by the game you cheap fuck.

Note even a virus? Thanks, downloaded. I wasn't the guy asking but might as well add this to my mods.

I only get an error message.

As it turns out that deletes it as soon as the file is downloaded by one person, try this instead. s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=38710298409649091261

Thank you, you are the hero of /indie/

Enjoy your anime hair waifus getting murdered by raiders.

Don't worry, I play in dev mode.

>As it turns out that deletes it as soon as the file is downloaded by one person
that's
huh.

>I'm not doing this again
>does it again
what he did mean by this?

Not doing it for a different mod, I made a shitty choice of file sharing site at first and fixed that.

>A Hat in Time will be $30
That's a touch rich for my blood.

What's the worst that could happen?

I swear, when this game gets all its bugs fixed and lives up to its potential, there's gonna be a festival of eating your words in this thread

I like your style.

you'll die and have to start over

Thoughts on the steamworld series?
I beat dig 1 a while ago and i'm playing through heist, got to the second boss
I'm really liking it so far
Is dig 2 any good?

Dig 2 is very good but very similar to Dig 1, just with a more traditional Metroidvania progression

Dig 2 is basically "more of the same but better". The world is more open, there are more upgrades, bosses are easy as fuck, digging is cool, secrets everywhere.

Fucking based. Dog bless your kind soul.
This one has the extra textures not present in other packs.

Is there any mod for Rimworld that would help to build a city, not just village. Like more stret decorations (as garbage boxes or lampposts), more variants of building materials for houses and roads, signs on the walls, etc?

>selling ammo

You dumb mother fucker. I hope you are mag-less and shell-less for Chapter 2.

>Divinity II : Flames of Vengeance is a stand alone
what did he mean by this

What's the point when the game can't handle more than maybe two dozen colonists before slowing down to a crawl.

Play DF instead.

>last online 94 days ago
no respect

rim is for wank
just build stuff in devmode and jerk off

>tfw backed game for $30 in 2013 dollars
Youre saving 2 bucks by coming in late

Any indie games with netori?

Children of a Dead Earth has lots of NTR.

>Children of a Dead Earth is a simulation of true-to-life space warfare. Design your spacecrafts using real world technologies.
So Atomic Rockets finally released their game?

Basically, it's not by Chung but it was designed with some help from Atomic Rockets.

ty
liked & subscribed & bought the game with custom faction
watch out for Deepfryd Darklord and the Dark Shadow pirate gang :^)

In Darkwood, I read that you can prevent bug infestations by preventing bugs from entering the hideout. I still have them, though, after trying to barricade by putting a small box and a bin there. Is that supposed to mean that I am supposed to run around and catch them? Does the shack to the left count, too?

I'm also moving my furniture around to accomodate for the fact that I have better equipment and infestations. I thought about putting one light into the kitchen and one where the left light is right now, but that'd be such a small space. I like to fight in the upper rooms.
Check out my hideout before moving:

Red: unbarricaded doors
Green: where I put the box and bin into the hole
Purple: bear traps
Yellow: where my closet (box) and lights (dots) where before moving
Teal: enemy path, I stood with a shovel to smack them when they turn around the corner (I know where they are because of the moving furniture)

I'd really like to just have the lights spread throughout the whole house, because I like fighting in the large rooms above, but then there's 7 rather than 3 barricades and I have the sprint way too far to reach the other light. Everything would be fine if I just had 3 lights.

I thought Silent Forest is chapter 2? Anyways, don't tell me whether it is (spoilers).

The box and bin I was talking about.

To the left, there's also an actual hole I filled with a sofa. Dunno whether that helps.

By the way, I'm actually describing the hideouts so much because I don't know whether they're randomly generated.

Oh, shit, I think I've made it way worse.

Reminder that when Alpha 18 is out the shota/loli version of RimjobWorld will be updated

>loli
I don't care about Rimworld mods that much, but you have my interest and attention.

Finally I can fulfill my fetish of post-human loli cyborg supersoldiers.

>but you have my interest and attention
fag

Problem?

Why is this allowed
68.media.tumblr.com/554f96e40f9ecd285c3be4e875528549/tumblr_ox5qq2h6ls1u193lvo2_1280.jpg

68.media.tumblr.com/8f760ffdcd035e24360a00302f52ba37/tumblr_ox5qq2h6ls1u193lvo3_1280.jpg

Played the first couple levels of Cuphead.
Bretty fun.
Reminded of just how much I fucking suuuuuck at platformers though and if it weren't for the easymodo gun I'd probably be even more frustrated.
Hitboxes seem a little fucky though, twice against the first boss I got hit by him despite the fact he basically didn't move at all from his starting position.

>Rimjobworld
Sounds interesting. Can I finally make my prostitute colony?

/indie/ is dead. Long live /indie/!

I-it's not like I want to keep you alive, /indie/! I just had a bump!

Found a cool looking RPG Maker game in development called Qui Domi where you play as a little girl that is coerced by an interdimensional being possessing her Teddy bear into fight monsters that have Invaded the children's dimension

Oh forgot too mention the combat is mostly item based which is pretty interesting

youtube.com/watch?v=OOjXaAZHEQE
Is Cuphead the Dark Souls of Contralikes?

No, because it's difficult in ways that feel like fluidly designed gameplay and not just either poorly thought out bullshit or cheesing the system.
The people """defending"""" him are a thousand times worse than just the dude being shitty at vidya honestly.

I can't beat the frogs

>Dark Souls of Contralikes
Where did we go so wrong

jesus christ you are bad

Just hole up in the kitchen, barricade one door and then cover the only entrance with glass

I blame the consumers.

git gud
also
>it's difficult in ways that [are] not just...cheesing the system
git gud at english

>140 quality super steel
You shall make a fantastic pair of tabis.