Trying to not fuck up my party hat edition
Previous thread: /rstg/ /cbg/

STELLARIS
>Pastebin:
pastebin.com/YHdisqem
>Wiki:
www.stellariswiki.com
>The Development of Stellaris
www.gamasutra.com/view/news/274018/Postmortem_Paradox_Development_Studios_Stellaris.php
>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

ENDLESS SPACE 2
>Official and Unofficial Wiki
wiki.endless-space.com
endless-space-2.wikia.com
>Community Hub
www.games2gether.com
>Planets Stats
imgur.com/w5RO8TH.jpg
>Ships Stats
pastebin.com/aabCNGau
>Horatio splicing guide
pastebin.com/1cH8sqEH
>Manual
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/392110/manuals/User%27s_Manual_-_Endless_Space_2.pdf
>ES2 politics guide.
pastebin.com/pDUQDpwA
>Comics
wiki.endless-space.com/comics
>ES2 prequel
www.games2gether.com/endless-legend/forum/6-game-design/thread/3572-the-last-flight-of-the-gray-owl

ENDLESS LEGEND
>Manual:
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf
>Wiki:
endlesslegendwiki.com
endless-legend.wikia.com

CIVILIZATION
>Browser Civ Game, plays like civ2
play.freeciv.org
>Civ IV XML fix
www.dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
>Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE):
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
>Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot:
www.multiplayerrobot.com
>Civ 5 Mods
forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
>Civ 5 More Mods
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur
>Civ 5 Drafter
georgeskleres.com/civ5/
>District Cheat Sheet:
civ6.gamepedia.com/District
>/civ4xg/ steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

ALPHA CENTAURI
>Essential improvements:
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements

MICROPROSE
>MoM
www.myabandonware.com/game/master-of-magic-21t
>Wiki
masterofmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Mod
>MoO 2
gamesnostalgia.com/en/game/master-of-orion-ii-battle-at-antares

DISTANT WORLDS : UNIVERSE
pastebin.com/hubsc3ZS

Other urls found in this thread:

artstation.com/thomasducrest/albums/86371
artstation.com/aurel/albums/61637
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

finally an organic who appreciates fine craftsmanship

horatio sauce

>The hat lines up near perfectly
As expected of the galaxy's most beautiful being

Yes, it is a very common problem in this day and age.

i now want to see horatio wearing a party hat
because of the shape of his head it would fit perfectly, like the coneheads movie
the thing about cravers is that everyone serves the hive
if they shoot you, they salvage your gear and eat your body
if they don't have to shoot/murder you, they will capture you
if they capture you, you will be put to work as slave labor
once you can't work any more, or if you're more trouble than you're worth, they convert you to nutrient paste to feed slaves and soldiers

Is there even any chance the hat'll still be there when it's time to make the next thread?

probably not

HOLY FUCK! Gandhi is the first AI to found a city of their own after the initial four settlers! Gandhi has founded Varanasi some time ago.

Really cool. I was getting worried the AI doesn't even try to settle in the radiated areas, but it seems they just needed time for things to settle for a while.

Apart from China and Vandals fighting over Vandal capital Hippo Regius and some other small conflicts here and there, it's actually rather peaceful now. I am seeing troop movements here and there.

Hitler had a massive army set out to the sea towards the small continents. A spy reported they are going to sneak attack Persia.

Poland had troops moving around in the South.

Indonesia had troops heading to the smaller continents too.

I am getting ready to rumble with Indonesia. My aim is to Annex the whole place once I get some happiness from somewhere.

>build a bunch of ships to protect myself from pirates
>military party wins the next election
Fuck this shit desu

Democracy, everyone.

militarist senate being stupid easy to trigger has always been a problem with the game really, still disappointed they've never done anything about it
still, you can at least stop them if you have election actions

What should I call these continents? Maybe Twin continents? Finland also founded a city in the Northern Twin Continent.

Vandal capital has changed hands probably like 20 times now between Vandals and Chinese. They are reaaaally getting it on there.

Attila repelled a Polish invasion force.

I gifted Montezuma and Attila both some uranium to balance things out a bit since they are both near very powerful civs.

I'm hoping they'd nuke the powerful civs if they are attacked to bring them down a bit.

Is flak still the best PD?

I'm playing Stellaris for the first time right now. What do you recommend for going full Federation of Planets?

When you take over a city via War in Civ 5, do the Wonders, like Great Wall stay and still give the bonuses?

united cucks

Wtf is Gandhi doing HERE?!

This is like, half the world away from where he's from.

BOLD settle from Gandhi in the Southern Twin Continent. Gandhi is one tile away from having uranium here and in one other city.

Gandhi is about to join the nuclear club.

Persia also settled on the Northern Twin Continent.

This looks like a nice setting for a war here.

Ironically, the key to this sort of play is to uplift primitives as often as possible, whereas in Star Trek you would be constrained by the Prime Directive.

What you want to do is get as many species as possible so that you can colonize any world without worrying about habitability rating. It's hard to do that without either uplifting or colonizing a gaia planet.

wat do

Is there a mod that lets you use non-machine portraits for machine empires?

>1.8
>portrait mods

ES2? Try more lobbying next time.

Portrait mods have been fixed in 1.8.1

is it out already?
where?

No lobbying allowed in democracies
At least its moddable, but I wish it wasnt a mess of xml stuff

On steam as an opt-in beta. Dunno if it's out as a torrent yet.

america proven corporate oligarchy

ah ok, then i have to wait

Then take a page out of the IRL democrat’s playbook and spread minority pops who tend to vote for your party on homogeneous planets. Also deport militarist pops to small shitty systems.

>spread minority pops
The solution to most things in ES2, really.

Riftborn even get to use bio-fuel factories when there's a minor floating around.

>he doesn't play as military industrialists every game

I did this actually, assimilated some gnashasts and immediately sent them on my parking system so they wouldnt fuck me over with their militarist tendencies

Indonesia is falling. End is nigh in Jakarta.

Had to use a nuke on Jakarta unfortunately. They had such a nice concentration of units around the city.

I had minimal casualties myself. I think I lost a sub and that's pretty much it.

This war pretty much sealed my fate as a hated outcast since everyone hates warmongerers, but ironically, everyone's a fucking warmongerer so everyone hates everyone anyway so it's okay I guess.

>contingency fucks up robot empires with ghost signal
>unbidden don't fuck up psionics
>prethoryn don't fuck up hiveminds
Basically, I'm punished for playing new content. Nice one, Wiz :^)

Holy fuck this Poland is getting out of hand.

I forgot to even pay attention to this part of the world since my war with Indonesia, but Poland just took over Egyp almost entirely in one go and Poland is not even a nuclear power. There is one uranium resource there in the middle but it's not quite theirs yet.

>Russia took over Indonesia
>China and Vandals made peace
>China got two cities from the Vandals, Vandals kept their capital
>China razing one Vandal city
>Poland has eliminated Egypt
>Poland and Siam are the only ones left on the East side of the main continent
>Poland has acquired a Uranium source
>Finland has acquired a Uranium source
>China has acquired a Uranium source
>Gandhi has acquired a Uranium source(almost two actually)
>Hitler has acquired a new uranium source

Everything seems to be okay.

Should you leave auto end turn on or off in Civ 6?

Is the Ship Design pastebin up to date?

I have like over 20 nukes and 14 GDRs and a lot more and I am fucking easily eclipsed in military power by Assyria. Do I even want to know what kind of mountain of nuclear weapon that dude is sitting on?

Maybe I should send out a few carriers to scout.

It would be pretty neat if you could build planetary defenses that fire from the planet in stellaris. Something like huge railguns that would give planets some value.

Am I just a retard or why can't I take over the city? Is there some kind of protection against zerg rushing early on in the game?

So, what's a good general mod setup for Stellaris? E.g., best weapon add-on, stuff for adding events, general improvements, etc.

Especially for mods that adds weapons and general techs, there seems to be a lot of options and overlap, so finding one that's good and balanced is difficult.

forgot pic

Warp or Wormholes?

Ramesses, you sneaky little fucker. He actually managed to send out a settler here before Poland took over the last city of his in the mainland. Wow.

Wiz hates planetary combat, and he'd rather scrap it instead of improve it, so unfortunately that's never going to happen.

Maybe we'll get a building that adds +x% to planetary defenses, but that's as good as it'll get.

Warp is shit. It's the least tactically/strategically interesting FTL type.

Play hyperlanes or wormhole. With hyperlanes, you get a semblance of geography with choke points, which is nice. With wormholes, you get the infrastructure to deal with, which is also nice. Warp is just dumb and boring.

I didn't meant planet fighting but planet defenses that shoot on incoming ships with a XXL weapon for example that would take up a building slot.

how good is the mezari path of their quest?

Right, and I'm saying that's related to planetary combat and defense.

Which Wiz hates.

>You need to attack it with a melee unit to conquer it
Whelp, turns out I am in fact a retard

I played around with wormholes for a long time. While obviously powerful, they are very limiting and nothing sucks more than getting cucked out of wormhole access by your neighbors (or having to keep buying it). Luckily the AI doesn't go after the wormhole generators, but if one should fall your access to certain parts of the universe might collapse until you replace it.

Lanes are good if it's hyperlane only game. Otherwise you might get blocked which is not fun.

Warp SUCKS like hell but it's still what I usually end up picking.

All the (non-visual) I've got so far:

>Additional Traits
>Advanced Ship Behavior Modules
>Extended Traits
>Extra Events
>Gods & Guardians
>Government Variety Pack
>Leviathan Events Xtended
>Megastructures
>More Events Mod
>Native Preservation
>Pre-FTL
>Relics of a Fallen Empire
>Ruler Level System
>Ship Classes Extended (Better than NSC from what I remember)
>Ship Power Stations
>Stellar Expansion + most of its addons
>TFW's Bunch of Ship Parts
>TFW's Guardians and Fall Empire Buffs
>Utopia Expanded

These are all from a couple months ago, and I'm sure a lot of them are either no longer relevant or have been replaced by something better.

I'm also really looking for something that improves terraforming and colonization because the way paradox does habitability is fucking stupid.

>While obviously powerful, they are very limiting
...Yes, that's what makes them tactically and strategically interesting. It sounds like what you want is an easy game where you don't have to plan ahead or think about anything because that would make it "hard".

In that case, yeah go for warp.

>Maybe we'll get a building that adds +x% to planetary defenses
Isn't that what the shield generator thingamajig does?

If you are afraid of losing your hyperlanes then just double up on them after getting the barebones network, they are cheap as fuck

>Greetings cubed. Dude!

Is it me or is the AI stronger since 1.8?
I have 5 planets now and I'm able to field a fleet of 5k strength and AI empires of similiar sizes seem to have the same fleet strength as me.
This only used to happen on hard difficulty but now its the same on normal.

I find I rarely need to ask for wormhole access. Once I have level 3 wormhole generator tech I can jump absurdly far distances just from wormholes built in my own territory, and by the time I need to traverse the galaxy I usually have jump drives anyway.

I've noticed the AI is slightly better at fleet composition and strength in 1.8, in the sense that I can't lazily steamroll them in early wars any more and have to actually put some thought into my fleet comp now. It's not exactly hard, but it's not faceroll easy anymore.

Oh good I thought for a while that I was getting worse at the game.
I guess I'll have to gear up for mid game to steamroll everyone.
Also maybe I'm imagining it but guardians and leviathan events seem to be less also since 1.8.
Before I would find atleast one each game but the last 4-5 games I only saw 2 or so leviathans.

Ye they gave the AI more fleet buffs I think

I think that's just RNG, when leviathans first came out I hardly encountered them in my games but now I find at least one each game.

Do you know where I can change it so that atleast one of each type shows up each game?

So in Synthetic Dawn,

Does the contingency REPLACE the AI Uprising or is it a new one? Also how is diplomacy as a machine race?

It replaces it also diplomacy is almost the same as when your a hivemind or organic.

>spam setlers as UE
>5 colonies by turn 45 on slow
>steady -100 dust per turn
>only thing keeping me afloat is dust windfall
w-wew, lads

i would suck a billion dicks if i could get all the EL and ES2 art in a wallpaper resolution

Huh... well that explains where Assyria's military rating comes from.

Can someone give me the downlow on why civ6 is so shit/not played?

systems are both poorly designed and poorly(or not at all) documented
flavor is lackluster in both text and art

artstation.com/thomasducrest/albums/86371
artstation.com/aurel/albums/61637
Let's compromise and go for 500 million.

Whatt he fuck is that monstrosity on the right

Am I the only one who NEVER fucking finds any decent luxuries in ES2?

I seem to always just end up with Redsang in every system.

DIMENSIONAL HORROR - DIMENSIONAL HORROR
DIMENSIONAL HORROR

>you'll never go down on Isyara St Shaiad

holy fuck yes
thank you so god damn much

I wonder if Vodyani can even do sex. They're just exosuits with their consciousness uploaded into dust.

start sucking dicks user

Probably not. Can dust itself have sex? Can you make little vodyani dustlings?

>Play Unfallen
>Half the galaxy has declared war on me
>My only friend is the Kawaii Seatbelt Robutts
I'm trying to help guys, staph

Is there a way to destroy habitats?
I forgot I had a terraforming candidate here and I know with an orbital habitat I won't be able to build a spaceport.

Casus Belli in Endless Space 2 when?

Best I can imagine is mixing their two dust clouds together to make a new kind of dust cloud that gets uploaded into it's own suit. Once that's done it gets put into a normal sized suit. Age might be determined by engravings on exosuits, or from the color your dust cloud makes

Poland has really turned this place into an actually nice looking land. There's barely any radiation on workable tiles anymore. Hitler has done the same and Gandhi is slowly scrubbing his continent.

Most civs have nukes but I haven't seen anyone using them despite there being a war going on somewhere all the time.

The world reached a point where wars are only limited to conflicts in fringe colonies, weaker civs without nukes get ganked on and vassalized and all the empty land will get colonized and fought over by the major powers.

Hitler has founded three cities in the North-Western continent, Gandhi founded one and Egypt is getting his shit together in that tiny small land of his.

Siam is struggling to hold on to Barcelona against the Chinese. Siam doesn't have nukes, but China might have, so I could see China using a few of their nukes on Siam.

Siam took over the two city City-State Melbourne. Took their cities of Melbourne and Brasilia.

Assyria seems like it might go to war against Persia, at least spies keep reporting that they're plotting against Darius or they've launched a sneak attack but I've yet to see anything happen.

Napoleon is suffering from a sandy vagina because I levied a 20% tax on all of his shit. Napoleon is trying to pass a resolution in the UN that would null all vassal-master relations and thus he'd become free without an automatic war with me.

As far as I'm concerned, that twat will stay cucked and I will now use a Great General to assert my dominance by taking one tile away from him.

These borders are a casus belli

If I wanted a space 4x where the midgame grinds to a halt because you can't declare war on anyone I'd just play Stellaris.

Possibly. Kind of funny to image a babycloud just hovering around and being mixed up into a suit

Damn, now I want to play Sophons.

isn't this that minor faction that split off from the sophons because they thought they were too gay or something

Yeah, they like experimental millitary stuff, they're the skunkworks of endless space 2

The lore says they're more like cousins due to similar genetic markers and their shared desire for explosions. Also it's mentioned in a few of the quest blurbs that ENFER will at least acknowledge Mavros as basically Sophons after it starts turning into a Sophon supremacist

>Poland has really turned this place into an actually nice looking land. There's barely any radiation on workable tiles anymore.
>There's barely any radiation on workable tiles anymore.
>barely any radiation
Change this.

>Warp is good they said
>Wormhole sucks they said

Well, compared to what it was, that isn't bad. All that radiation is outside of his borders.

Here's a picture of the same area exactly a decade, or 100 turns ago.

Assyria went to war against Darius.

Here's what they're up against. Darius has no nukes and looks like they don't aluminimum for jack shit either.

I will send and expedite a shipment of lube and anal cream for Darius.

oh shit
found an IRL horatio