/smtg/ - 真・女神転生/Shin Megami Tensei General

New 3DS game is called "Deep Strange Journey/Strange Journey Redux" further info and trailers:

atlus.com/strangejourney/home.html
shin-megamitensei.jp/dsj/
youtube.com/watch?v=6kXOfSFb2EU
youtube.com/watch?v=IvLc8kXrz1g
youtube.com/watch?v=09Ty1p9tQEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-5x5IaYFA

SMT HD Project teased at Nintendo Switch Presentation:
youtube.com/watch?v=ut9ekAp2drs

New SMT HD project info coming October 23rd.
gematsu.com/2017/09/shin-megami-tensei-hd-project-news-coming-october-23

Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation announced for smartphones:
gematsu.com/2017/09/dx2-shin-megami-tensei-liberation-teaser-trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=AAiRowFQLY0

>Alignment themed concerts
personacentral.com/event/shin-megami-tensei-25th-anniversary-festival-law-side-concert/
personacentral.com/event/shin-megami-tensei-25th-anniversary-festival-chaos-side-concert/

>Starter guide
i.imgur.com/zJcYpuE.png

>Tips and tricks
pastebin.com/J6ER3Eve

>Fangames, artbooks, soundtracks, manga, and other downloads
pastebin.com/znkHg0kZ

>OST links
pastebin.com/kLbYxjFU

>Misc translations
pastebin.com/XE7fjVPy

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/uhVeJsm3
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5x4IU6eF98NUmtsZ1J4a2JuWU0/view?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5x4IU6eF98NNW1MZVRzWXJRdk0/view?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5x4IU6eF98NeU1HNEhLVDFEZVU/view?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5x4IU6eF98NNTd5ZFh6SUU4TFE/view?usp=sharing
i.imgur.com/zJcYpuE.png
tokyo.reimagine.online:10999/acc/index.html
drive.google.com/open?id=0B2ZZXlhIOEAJaUgybzhfREI0SDA
reimagine.online/status/ImagineClient.zip
mega.nz/#!kVlzCJza!YdWeijURkmv5fIG5ThxM1iaMxNZUibQjPElXXzDwdSs
reimagine.online/ImagineClient.zip
reimagine.online/status/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Doi did nothing wrong.

Who needs friend when you can become god?

Reminder Space Marine is canonically the handsomest and best SMT protagonist in the franchise.

Is this Homestuck?

Persona

Who needs god when you can become friends?

Just posting in the new thread so everyone can see it! The RE:IMAGINE servers go up today (running tests on the auth servers right now to make sure people won't log in to someone elses account and whatever, no ETA but we're being thorough). If you'd like to try, we've added a rudimentary english patch at your behest. The files to download are located at
pastebin.com/uhVeJsm3
1 is the imagine 1.666 client, 2 is the password to the 7z containing the client, 3 is the patch file (containing changes and stuff). Apply the patch by copying the entirety of the patch folder into the root of the imagine client folder, replacing/merging when necessary. The OST is available for listening by going to the imagine>sound>bgm folder. in .wav format.
I'll be answering questions until around when the servers go up. After which i'll be playing.

Shin Megami Tensei: Akuma to no intabyu - fan-made visual novel. You play as a russian journalist who came to Tokyo to carry out a series of interviews with SMT demons.

Download links:
Win (x86):
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5x4IU6eF98NUmtsZ1J4a2JuWU0/view?usp=sharing

Android (APK):
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5x4IU6eF98NNW1MZVRzWXJRdk0/view?usp=sharing

Linux:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5x4IU6eF98NeU1HNEhLVDFEZVU/view?usp=sharing

Mac:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5x4IU6eF98NNTd5ZFh6SUU4TFE/view?usp=sharing

>You play as a russian journalist who came to Tokyo to carry out a series of interviews with SMT demons

No demon killing?
No Choice to side with god a kill said demons while you scream you love for god?

What good is it then?

>No demon killing?

What is the Wizardry 4 of SMT?

What games are released in English/patched?

I'm already playing the patched SNES Game.

I'm willing to buy them so don't worry if they're hard to emulate.

Is it possible to make a stand alone version, similar to NINE? I remember people were saying that you could make your own servers and play alone.

Yeah, that was me. I'm trying to get people into one of the larger servers that's being hosted today so we can do a stress test and see if the netcode is good enough for us to focus on improving content.

In theory, if everything goes well today, we might just release server tools to anyone who wants to turn it into a single player game, maybe this week. No promises though.

It sounds like you're just starting, if such the snes games may be a bit brutal. Also of you are one of those guys who has to play them in order then know SMTI isn't the first game. There were two games released before it on the famicom and later remade for the super famicom so I guess look there.

Although some SMT games slipped into the US (Jack Bros, Last Bible, Persona 1, Persona 2 EP) the game that really changed things was Nocturne. From Nocturne forward the US has had every game since translated in English. Some of the earlier games still lack a translation of any kind but those are relatively few.

It's the one I found first, which is why I'm playing it first. I'll confess that I'm inexperienced with the game series (I've heard the name a million times but I've played it first just this last week, and I didn't know what it was about until I loaded it up and saw the one guy crucified in the dream).

Aside from the fact that I have to hold fast forward for some portions of the game, it's really not that bad.

Also make sure to check out the Starter guide:
i.imgur.com/zJcYpuE.png

SMT 1 was my first as well, and I loved it despite the clunky battles compared to modern titles. Keep playing if you feel like it.

Sweet, you guys are doing YHVH's work.

My question was if it is at all possible to add songs from other SMT games into RE:IMAGINE. If you're in a party with someone you can choose a song to play to everyone in the party, overriding any others playing - or have a place where you can play other songs for people, like changing a jukebox in a Hunter Association-like place for players?

Thanks senpai.

I will.

Glad to finally see some new blood here. Once you finish SMT1, you might as well continue to SMT2 then Nocturne. From there you have the options of DDS1, SJ, DeSu1, IV, or Raidou1.

REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN.
tokyo.reimagine.online:10999/acc/index.html
make sure to click register. You can use a fake email, the server just demands one. Please try not to be a total dickhead and use dumb names, it's a normal guy hosting this stuff and the last thing he wants is to have to explain why his shell is trying to serve "[email protected]" emails.

game will be going up soon™

>Mega
Are the files hosted anywhere else?

This.
>wait 5 hours until free quota refills

Thank you for the recommendations. I can at least download SMT 2 now, even though the rest I have to buy or work a little to find.

HYPE!

I'm still searching for the Japanese version of Tokyo Revelation Vol 2-4 scans. If anyone has it, please upload it.

>He doesn't use mega downloader
>He doesn't pause before reaching the quota and reset his router

YHVH bless you folks.

we're uploading to google drive and stuff. The 2 and 3 files are really small ~80mb total so if you can get those, that would probably be for the best cause I think the guy who's uploading is just uploading the regular client.. MEGA is just the easiest place for us, sorry for the inconvenience.

Not a new game but we didn't get EPP nor Devil summoner PSP

drive.google.com/open?id=0B2ZZXlhIOEAJaUgybzhfREI0SDA
There you go fellers
also ANYONE
who has the client, here's the final, last patch, that redirects the cilent to the new servers.
reimagine.online/status/ImagineClient.zip
(it's like 20kb) just throw that and replace the old files in your root imagine folder. We're in the home stretch boys.

You're a god. Thank you.

In other words,

it's good for your brain

lostgirl.exe

,whatever that means.

I
L-o-v-e
Y-o-u

...whatever that means.

FLY
TO
THE
MOON

>there will never be an SMT creepypasta romhack

With the patch applied to the folder login on the client and the other setting/updates exes are still in japanese, this normal?

AND LET ME PLAY AMONG THE STARS

Stop singing.

Yeah, the patch is rudimentary, like I said before it's mostly some UI stuff, and ease of use. Login is pretty simple, you can see where your ID goes, and your password. After you log in I'm pretty sure the character creation options will be in english. I haven't used it though so I can't say for certain, but juuuuust in case it's not, here's a picture of what to click for "new char". After that you should have a server choice, there will only be one option (doesn't seem like pixie is going up today so just cerberus) so click that then you'll get character customization options.

NO

lol nevermind it's up. I'm silly. My bad guys.

Feel free to login! It'll take a minute once you put in your username/pass so just wait a couple seconds.

ignore the jumbled up korean in my pic i'm working on some exteel stuff so i'm on korean unicode. You might want to change to JP yourself, or use applocale otherwise you'll get garbage text where jap should be.

Then go on.

aaand the servers crashed. Sorry guys. They'll be back up in a couple minutes.

and a ching chong nip nong to you, young lady

So where's the server patch? I'm getting 404.

>tfw I deleted fire boost on surt in my first p3 run because I thought it didn't stacked with fire amp

hello non moonruner

reimagine.online/status/ImagineClient.zip is the server redirect, pointing the game to the new servers

>The OST is available for listening by going to the imagine>sound>bgm folder. in .wav format.

Tell me lies tell me sweet little lies.

Or maybe windows media player can't decompress files that aren't sound effects. I don't know, I'm not an expert at audio file bullshit. If your still here, are you just talking out your ass, or do you have a better audio player?

that link leads to error 404 file not found though.

Use this:
mega.nz/#!kVlzCJza!YdWeijURkmv5fIG5ThxM1iaMxNZUibQjPElXXzDwdSs

I apologize, it WAS working for me before on mpc-hc, but it isn't now. That's my mistake. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.
reimagine.online/ImagineClient.zip
I forgot to clear the /status/ from the url, I'm off today, sorry again.

Dead Sunday Thread
Post cuties

>it's Mastema-posting again

I'm not even mad. Better than Hoy.

I can't seem to type in the login box for some reason. Is there something I did wrong?

I don't have that issue, is it just grayed out? The server is undergoing maintenance at the moment but you should still be able to attempt to log in.

Dagdad!!!

Nah, it's green and when I try to type it doesn't register the keys.

Sakurafish is ded

>run the Imagine client
>it won't let me type in my ID on the menu

Maybe I'm just a retard

You lie

Are you using another language IME besides english/jp? Like even if you're using the english characterset on cyrillic it might be non-functional. I'm asking the team though to see if they've run into that issue.

mods rangebaned him and Koume user, RIP

For what purpose?

No, I'm EOP. I've tried running it in both normal locale and Jap locale and it's not working.

"new /a/ culture", something like that. I wish moot could back.

>Ban Sakurafish
>Generals still aren't banned
Sasuga

I hate it, those threads have been longer on this site than the mods. Hell Sakurafish even got a banner.
Meanwhile generals, streaming shill threads and other cancer stay up. I don't know what they're trying to achieve.
>Koume didn't make it to the 3rd of October
;_;

Only generals what not banned is boruto and db bullshit

Some give me a quick rundown on getting into thes mt imagine server, what do i need to do.

Download
Wait for servers to come back up at reimagine.online/status/

Watch everyone run around the lobby trying to impress girl characters

Take a black hen and five candles.
With chalk, draw a pentagram on the floor and using its points a pentagon. Draw a circle that goes through them and a smaller one that touches all sides. choose one of the corners, then counterclockwise draw symbols of aleph, beth, gimmel, daleth and zayin. In the center draw hebrew letter "shin". close all entries to room, light the candles. Decapitate the hen in the center, and let the blood flow out. (the body is not needed for anything other than soup, and there is no known adverse effect of rituals on nutritiousness)make handprints in between the five directions of pentagram and chant for knowledge of Lucifer, supreme Lord of Demons. Steel your mind for revelation and read the fucking thread.

Assuming bonus boss Lucifer in DeSu is at the same level as Nocturne Lucifer, would that mean that Demi and Abel are roughly at the same level as one another AND stronger than YHWH? After all, Lucifer's stronger than Metatron, who's said to be comparable to God in power during DeSu. That'd make Demi, Aleph, Nanashi, and King of Bel Abel the four strongest protags in the series.

Can someone post the image version of "It's good for your brain"?

Someone did near the end of the last thread.

Ty.

I don't think it is stated anywhere that Metatron's power is comparable to that of YHVH or Yehowah. In SMT2, he is a random encounter in the final dungeon.

Don't put too much thought into powerlevel comparisons between lores, especially in regards to bosses defeated. Lucy in particular has loads of different incarnations that don't even share same understanding, from merely being top guy of opposing law group, through pandimensional war in III to being a pawn in IVA.

Lobby and pixie servers went up then died shortly after, rip

Newer fan of the series, how do you guys feels regarding finding a broken demon?

Playing Nocturne now and I almost feel bad using Daisoujou. Meditation with prayer basically make it so no one can die in my party unless it is from a random curse or expel spell. I feel like it kills challenge but it isn't like I cheated or anything.

it's up and down, the status page is inaccurate. I'm in right now.

Heh, SMT hardly a challenge anyway *sheathes comp*

It's said in the Naoya route of DeSu.

But those are very clearly different Lucifers. Nocturne and DeSu Lucifer are very similar in power levels in the sense that they both have the same design and are stronger than Metatron canonically.

Play on hard.

Nocturne's the only game that you can really break like that. The others have some strats that can carry you through 95% of the game but the super bosses / optional content will still take effort