Other urls found in this thread:

gwentdb.com/decks/32338-gm-4500-raising-harpy
gwentdb.com/decks/31856-havatite-hyperthin-discard
twitter.com/AnonBabble

that took you a while

not the guy who said he's gonna do a thread, i just had the time

reminder that nobody knows what data gwentup is sending to their servers

reminder that there's no way to opt out of whatever it is they're doing

reminder that when gwentup first appeared everybody thought it was a virus because of their scummy advertising and twitch spam

reminder that you're letting gwentup hook into all your info and do whatever it wants

LAST TWO FUCKING GAMES IN A ROW

>LOSE COINTOSS
>NO SPY IN HAND
>WIN ROUND 1
>(A CARD DOWN, OBVIOUSLY)
>ROUND 2
>HE HAS CARRYOVER
I> STILL HAVE NO SPY
>TRY TO BLEED
>LOL JK, HE HAS HIS SPY, YOU WONT BLEED HIM

That's why I use gwent tracker.

spies definitely need a rework

cointoss needs a rework, it basically tells you how high your chance of winning is

we already know they're completely reworking that though, spies they said they think are fine

As a new player, if I'm aiming to play a specific deck, would it be better to start crafting the cards I need one by one, or wait until I have enough scarps and craft the ones I haven't gotten through kegs at the same time?

abba

craft core silvers and golds, never craft bronzes

Don't craft asap but when you do start crafting start with the silvers then golds then bronzes

Don't scrap anything that isn't a dupe because it'll add months onto how long it takes to get all the cards (which is possible to do relatively quickly for a TCG)

focus on monster, they're basically strong every patch

what specific deck are you aiming for and what are you missing

as a new player you should mess around with all the factions a bit just to understand how they play and what they want to do each game, don't worry about making a meta deck yet

> managed to climb 80 mmr above 4k with spies and hit the second daily reward

my greatest gwent achievement in the last two weeks, took me two weeks of barely touching gwent to focus this hard again. i hate spell ST so fucking much

did we lose half of our posters in /wtc/? only 9 unique IPs

I'm too tilted to even post. coin toss is absurd

just play silver spy lamo
just play SC on enemy silver spy lol

yeah that only works if you draw spy and your opponent doesnt

just get lucky lol
nigga just get the cards you need
just walk away when you don't haha

honestly gonna switch to brouver or NG to guarantee my spy

brouver is nuts this patch

fuck me, i'm so sick i think i'm going to puke.

>struggle with every deck to hit 4K
>take monster woodland-harpy-orgie
>get to 4250 in just one day

i fucking hate monster, they need a nerf, it's the same swarmshit all over again

he was in the last one and went completely unnerfed

Spies is what I'm interested in, though admittedly I'm yet to play the other factions a reasonable amount. Still need to craft 2 golds (Rainfarn, Menno) and 2 silvers (Iris, Cantarella)

i tried playing dagon yesterday and it didn't go too well, it was a pure weather deck though not consume hybrid

iris isn't critical for spies, i run her and find good use for her but it's definitely not critical. keep her for last if you are determined

dagon is too good

i used this list too climb

gwentdb.com/decks/32338-gm-4500-raising-harpy

it's just insane, nobody can top your tempo since woodland is 19 points + thinning of unessassary card like Roach / Harpy / Foglet, then you can massproduce Harpies that won't fuck up your mulligan because they're on the bottom of your deck.

More and more, I feel like collectible deckbuilding card games are just not a legitimate form of competition. They're certainly enticing. The illusory pull of being able to come up with strategies and collect cards to support that strategy, building from a core idea into a set of techniques, and then unleashing them in matches, testing, refining, it all sounds very cool. The problem is, in the internet era, an individual's efforts just don't amount to much.

The specific games have their quirks, but in every instance of this genre, you're up against the meta. It's less about refining your own ideas than it is about farming cards to steal the ideas of others that have been tested in far more matches than you could ever hope to play on your own. It's about taking advantage of momentary swings and imbalances in particular card combinations, looking for a weak spot that will rocket you up a few more notches against a ton of other people trying to do the same. You're not testing your own ideas so much as testing the ideas of the community and its ever-shifting whims, and then changing tactics when you get countered.

I don't find the idea of trying to eke out a more than 50% winrate with decks I didn't make up very appealing. Nor do I like the idea that all my individual efforts are for naught when compared to a whole internet full of people using particular netdecks that far outclass me. I can try to scrape something together and compete, I can appropriate their techniques, but all I'm doing is playing the odds, hoping I draw into lucky strings of cards to make my combos work, hoping they don't draw into theirs. Hoping that if we both draw into our deck's ultimate concept, that mine trumps theirs in the meta, that they aren't set up to counter me.

This is not a direct competition between minds. There's a certain amount of skill involved in playing correctly, but at the heart, it's a matter of who has the time and the luck, who is willing to steal the best ideas.

it pretty similar to the list i had, although i'm certain what's different is what made the difference

nekker warriors should only produce one copy

tfw gonna have to play this just so I can have a deck that actually uses my waifu

is this OC or pasta ?, cause it's really nice

>This is not a direct competition between minds. There's a certain amount of skill involved in playing correctly, but at the heart, it's a matter of who has the time and the luck, who is willing to steal the best ideas.

welcome to the world of competition, people will throw you without a second thought under the bus if they have the chance.

Don't blame the game, blame the players or the human race for being assholes

Newish player here, why does this run Dagon? Is it a case of weather being too good to turn down or the other leaders being too shit to use?

yes Nekker Warriors are insane, especially against Mill, when you can just copy your Nekker warriors to out draw your opponent

the other leaders are shit and dagon gives 2 bodies plus weather

unseen elder was ruined with last month's patch that made golds targetable. eredin is also a weather leader like dagon except he sucks

it runs Dagon because every other leader (at least in monster) is shit compared to him.

>Eredin needs Wildhunt cards / biting frost to have some use in his hero ability
>Unseen Elder just Consumes your Harpy eggs (something you don't want, because those eggs are way more viable as carryover / Ekimmara food)

the actual leader is woodland spirit

pretty much this

Another easy win with rainfarn. I swear if nilfgaard had slightly better bronzes, it would be the strongest faction

damn I was hoping it would die again, almost made it

ng has full removal at bronze..............................

Step away, while you can.

I don't like how casual mmr is a thing.

Or if it's going to be a thing, it should at least reset each season just like the ranked mmr.

Last season I was 4200+ in ranked and I assume my hidden casual mmr was roughly the same since I played at least 400-500 games there. So when I played casual, I would face roughly the same makeup of opponents as I would in regular ranked, unless the timer went to 30+ seconds to widen the parameters.

After this last major patch though and the reveal of what the 4200+ actually unlocked, I could give two shits about ranked other than doing it from time to time as the daily just to rank up a bit for some rewards, although tbqh I don't need the scraps, dust, or barrels anymore.

I just want to have some fun matchups and play against odd decks rather than the same ranked netdeck. Except because my casual mmr is so high that's almost everything I get. I'm not using a tier 1, 2, or even 3 deck, just something I made myself.

Time to start that casual loss streak

The whole fucking point is to stop people afraid of fucking ranked like you from ruining the day of players still learning or putting decks together

I'm not high ranked anymore though. What is there to be afraid of? I'm not using a netdeck. I just want some fun games against people not using shit copy pasted from the top 50 players.

no card game has ever solved this and gwent isn't going to

it's been a problem in mtg since the game came out, how do you actually match people in games when some people are just messing around and some people are hard spikes

because even the people who are just messing around are split into hundreds of categories

just play ranked with your favorite deck and whatever happens to you happens

Are there any legendaries that are almost certain to never be good enough to be useful?

None. Don't throw away 600 scraps. Natalis used to be in the bottom 3 cards of the game.

they could implement some "fun" modes like any card in any faction mix

that mode would be even more spikier and meta locked than what we already have

what you want is limited

They should have made the Mahakam beer thing a multiplayer mode

nobody outdrinks me. I would be dunking on everybody nonstop.

fuck off Odrin, nobody likes you

I'll give it 2 days max until leddit starts bitching about Reaver Hunters

I feel like reddits gonna start bitching about dagon now that the gm posted his list

not sure if I witnessed the original post of this 2-3days ago, or if it already was copypasta then

Why, what happened?

since they killed the DBHC finisher, NR just goes back to Reaver Hunters as round 3 finisher.
autists will start screeching again because they'll get buttfucked by 5 20+ Hunters.

If reaver hunters get nerfed before Woodland Spirit I uninstall, for good.

to be honest they need to be really careful nerfing woodland spirit, it's literally holding the entire faction together

without it monsters is worse than skellige by a lot

the uncomfy part is they need to nerf it and then also buff monsters

Damn, only 60 MMR until I am finally done with ranked.

what's your goal

winning it

Does anyone know the winrate after losing the coinflip and not being able to play your spy? Shit is retarded.

>Top american player in the pro ladder is at #37

based burgers

I'm assuming shani

Take her and mill her immediately. She just got nerfed so you get a movie gold of your choice, even Shani

Didn't that end when the day changed over 40 mins ago?

nvm just checked my collection and it's still going so there's literally no reason to not take her

Are any of these three actually used?

I've not touched Nilf or Scoia'tael yet

Iris is your best bet there, Nilfgaard has units that buff themselves and another that damages enemies whenever you drop a spy

Iris is good, the other two are some of the worst cards in the game. Even within her own gimmick Malena isn't good enough for a silver slot

I'm about 800 scraps off of being able to afford my first proper deck and crafting some of it now would make it a lot easier to win.

What's the correct way to go about this, craft the bronzes last because I'm likely to pull them or craft the golds last because it's a bigger setback if I do pull a duplicate?

Screencap this.
I predict that skellige will be top cancer very soon.
Tuirseach veterans seem overpowered.

How are they overpowered? Really, elaborate.

They only have max efficiency if you have 3 of them, 3 skirmishers, 3 axemen, king bran, birna bran, and svanrige in your deck. And then, you need to play them all prior to any of those other units leaving play. In the case that you actually meet those requirements, they are worth their own base power and strengthen the value of your deck by 9. So that makes them basically a 16 str bronze. They're worth +1 / +1 later in the rounds but then you'll have played units already and they will buff by less.

Sounds good, sure, but the issue is what the fuck do you make out of that deck? That's 9 bronzes, leader, 1 gold, and a silver spoken for. If you want to make it a discard deck you need captains and priestesses, but then your axemen are basically in a wrong deck. If you want to make it axemen deck you still need priestesses and then weather but then you don't have room for lacerates etc.

They boost a lot but the decks you use the boosted units in don't work with that set of units.

And if you remove any of the units you reduce the amount the vet boosts.

They're a cool idea, and the small buffs to make them enable each other + gaining agile (they were definitely igni bait before and they're still scorch or epidemic bait now) are helpful, but they're not going to be overpowered unless they or other skellige cards are changed.

Tried several games with all tuirseach cards except axemen and pirate captains, and numbers seem too big.

Played veterans with operator, then resurrected couple of veterans in round 2.

Discard skirmisher in round 3 (they are usually around 16 strength in deck), and your pirate captains become 20 strength.

Basically in 3rd round every play is guaranteed 15+ (closer to 20, sometimes more) power, just shit out big units.

But the deck is very vulnerable to scorches and other high value removal.

Maybe I was just lucky with my opponents, needs more testing.

You know people have done discard skirmisher + captains already, right? The veterans are a little boost to it but they're not the crux of it, so they're hardly overpowered. You get as much value added to a skirmisher from playing 3 of those vs rezzing it just once.

Wasted slot with operator in that case, you're just doing a discard deck like this gwentdb.com/decks/31856-havatite-hyperthin-discard

Well that's the first time I played skellige, maybe I overreacted, just never saw someone play it.
Never looked up other decks, just try random stuff myself.
That deck you linked is similar, bronzes are the same, decoy, summoning circle and operator, and renew/birna instead of coral/gremist.

Yes I tried basically what you described, operator on vet + summoning circle, captains as finisher and just in general trying to play high strength bronzes for tempo.

It just doesn't capitalize on things enough to make it that great. Yea, it pulled off some decent wins just with high captains. It's also mostly a solitaire deck in that you don't do anything to the opponent other than play Birna on a solid row, and you don't have any way to react. It's just operator, throw down unit after unit after unit while spreading them out.

Coral is #1 gold in skellige pretty much every deck still, misisng out by not using her. It doesn't have Gremist...

>It's also mostly a solitaire deck
Yes, that impressed me, having so much power almost without any effort and thinking.
Also its quite consistent, having 1 card left in deck after playing every thinning card, additionally sometimes get to mill my opponent with avallach/renew or pollute his draws.

Who is lesser shit?
Isengrim?

Isengrim and Ermion are both good.

>It doesn't have Gremist
I meant Ermion.

Should I craft ambush SK or deathwish monsters?

>ambush SK

I mean ST.
Sorry, didn't sleep last night

a

Ambush ST is just Toruviel, Morenn, and Isengrim. Throw in three blue mountain commandos and aelirenn if you want to go for the bamboozle.

dont yse spies, make your game plan w/o spies.

a

b

c

d

>witcher general does not want gwent in their thread.
>witcher fans are not interested in gwent
>gwent = dead

Ragh Nar Roog, Saskia or Hjalmar